Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

rio, your Argenti is pretty similar to mine. Mine is in a 4pc Physical, but he's probably going to end up in a 2pc/2pc. I'm doing the same with Clara. The 4 piece set is only good for Luka, and that stopped being true when the DoT set came out.

At this point, I'm just going to take him to level 80 and max all his traces except attack. That's my plan for every character I like using. I think I'm done chasing new characters for a while.

The relic grind is eternal. Everyone just ends up good enough unless you stop building new characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, I'm grinding the hell out of Salsotto. But Clara, Topaz, and Ratio all want it. And I might get around to building Herta and Jing Yuan one day.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

rio, your Argenti is pretty similar to mine. Mine is in a 4pc Physical, but he's probably going to end up in a 2pc/2pc. I'm doing the same with Clara. The 4 piece set is only good for Luka, and that stopped being true when the DoT set came out.

Why is that? I was under the impression physical 4 piece was best for all physical DPS except Luka. Clara I could see going for the 2pc followup one but physical definitely seems good for Argenti and Sushang (and physical trailblazer, lol).

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

4pc physical is really good and it's weird to see people just underestimating 25% atk with no other requirements beyond just attack.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Yeah, I'm wrong. :D

Clara still wants a 2pc/2pc. 30% damage to all of her follow ups is better than 25% attack. Probably.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I've seen questionable leaks suggesting two Ult focused 4pc sets coming up, one dps one support, so I'm just slapping my best 2pc sets on Argenti for now.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Right now, Clara needs better gear, so I'm still living in the punch domain. Then, Quinque needs an upgrade. Next, Hanya needs her own gear, and Yukong could use an upgrade from the break set. After that, I'm farming the Prisoner domain for Kafka, Topaz, Clara, and Ratio. I also should probably build Sampo finally. He's e4, and I'm starting to actually like using Kafka without Topaz. Also, I just sleep in Sim U World 6 right now.

And I'm still tracing Argenti, 4 Harmony characters, Quinque, and Sampo.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

This is why you don't take the blessing that shares damage with Fu Xuan. :D

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You can gear Clara completely off one domain, Grand Duke for 20% FUA and Prisoner for 12% ATK. Dumping resin on Streetwise is a waste because half of your resin is going into Thief drops.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

You may be right. I have Clara in a Guard of Wuthering Snow set at the moment. Maybe I'll just start farming the Genius set. As much as Quinque carries me, she deserves better than 80% crit damage.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Eej posted:

You can gear Clara completely off one domain, Grand Duke for 20% FUA and Prisoner for 12% ATK. Dumping resin on Streetwise is a waste because half of your resin is going into Thief drops.

I don’t know about you but I’m always hungry for relic upgrade mats. So it’s not a waste to pick up some brainless salvage pieces in bulk.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
But you can't salvage trash 5*s into upgrade mats (yet)

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Eej posted:

But you can't salvage trash 5*s into upgrade mats (yet)

No, but you can just put them into whatever you're upgrading. It's worth more xp and saves credits. I think it's more efficient than salvaging, even the purples. You can also just gamble for a useful piece through synthesis.

And I think I'll keep grinding Physical. 10% damage is better than 12% attack. I'm not in a hurry.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Dec 17, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Also, what teams are people running Argenti in? I think I've settled on Bronya and Yukong as his best supports, but he works well with Pela and Tingyun. I still don't like him with Hanya, but I do like her with Kafka and Quinque.

I might do a critka build. I'm really enjoying using Kafka with Hanya and Tingyun, and they enable her dot damage.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

The best MoC clears with Argenti are being put up by Argenti/Tingyun/Hanya/Huohuo, so...

Dracula Factory
Sep 7, 2007

Tingyun/Hanya is his most natural fit IMO, but I like running him with whichever two harmony units fit the situation best. I have a s3 Planetary Rendezvous so I turned Hanya into an Argenti support with the Penacony set to crank that dmg% even further.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Maybe it's my build or speed tuning, but Bronya and Yukong just feel stronger. The 2 let Argenti pump out big fat numbers.

Genovera
Feb 13, 2014

subterranean
space pterodactyls

Bad Video Games posted:

I think it's more efficient than salvaging, even the purples.

It wouldn't make any sense for the purple to give more exp when used directly instead of salvaging them. They're worth 1000 either way (unless they were partially leveled, which gives some percentage of the exp back). Gold relics are worth 1500 exp so I assume they'll give 3 crystal thingies when they can be salvaged into exp.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

The gold ones salvage into those mats to synthesize gear pieces. Gives 10, so 10 gold relics -> 1 crafted.

If you’re still lacking in relic exp, just feed the gold relics directly.

Purple doesn’t matter either way

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
I'm currently running argenti/bronya/tingyun/luocha but I might throw some more pulls for hanya and build pity for ruan mei

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Can someone give a brief comparison between Ruan Mei and Sparkle? I might try to pull for one of them depending on how lucky my Blade rolls are. I already have Bronya so I’m trying to figure out who would be more useful for my teams.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
We don't know Sparkle's kit

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

There's various leaks of her kit floating around, but nothing is official yet. All the leaks seem to agree, but there are no concrete numbers.

Her talent boosts damage when a skill causes an attack. So probably not great for Blade, Quinque, or Jingliu.

Her skill boosts hp and attack for 1 ally, and advances their turn forward.

Her ult restores skill points for the team and gives temporary sp if it would go over the cap.

Her leaked kit looks great. I'm still not pulling for her.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Bad Video Games posted:

Her talent boosts damage when a skill causes an attack. So probably not great for Blade, Quinque, or Jingliu.
Wouldn’t this make her good for Jingliu, not bad? Jingliu’s power coming mostly from her enhanced skill and all.

quote:

Her leaked kit looks great. I'm still not pulling for her.
Why not?

Tree Reformat
Apr 2, 2022

by Fluffdaddy
yeah, 5* Hanya+Bronya seems absurdly good, as expected of a limited 5* Harmony

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

finally a chance to use the imaginaery set pieces i had lying around for Dr. Ratio

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Meowy would like Dr Ratio right this instant

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Sparkle sounds neat, I'll see if I have enough for her.

Meowywitch posted:

Meowy would like Dr Ratio right this instant

Right meow?

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

bitprophet posted:

Wouldn’t this make her good for Jingliu, not bad? Jingliu’s power coming mostly from her enhanced skill and all.

Why not?

Based on the wording, it sounds like it only works when a skill point is used to cause damage. So, like OG Dan Heng would get the bonus, but not new Dan Heng with his enhanced basic attack. Jingliu doesn't consume skill points in her enhanced state, so I'm guessing she wouldn't get the bonus. But the leaks aren't very clear and are being translated from Chinese. Maybe her kit will change in the next 6 weeks.

And I'm not pulling for her because I only pull for 5 stars that I like the look of and I think are fun. I don't know anything about Sparkle except her splash art, and her design isn't very appealing to me.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Her traces aren't very special except her A6. One gives her extra energy regen when her talent is activated, and the other extends her skill buff an additional turn. Her last trace generates sp the first time she uses her skill.

Her technique gives a skill point for each ally at the start of battle. If that works how it's written, it seems like you would start the battle with 6 or 7 sp.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ignore the nitty gritty of pre-beta leaks of kits, they're only good for giving you a general idea of what a character is supposed to be doing. Beta kits can often be completely rehauled mid beta too so even then you're not guaranteed until the patch actually comes out and they datamine the final version.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kafka got basically completely reworked during beta, like originally she was almost more of a buffer for other DoT characters

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I'm more excited for Ratio. I'm just going to place him in a team with Kafka and Topaz. It's just going to be nonstop follow-ups. :D

Though most likely, I'll use Silver Wolf instead of Kafka.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Dec 18, 2023

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Endorph posted:

kafka got basically completely reworked during beta, like originally she was almost more of a buffer for other DoT characters

And at one point she couldn't maintain 100% uptime on her own DoT so she had a critical reliance on Serval, leading me to build Serval solely to enable Kafka before getting burned really hard when Kafka got one last rework and Serval went from "borderline mandatory" to "dramatically far behind every other DoT partner and hypercarry Kafka". :v:

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013
So do we know if everyone they showed off at the end of the Special Program is likely to be playable later? Because Sam and Duke Inferno look loving great.

Also, surprised nobody else asked this, but, do Rose and Firefly definitely look like (HI3) Kaslanas to anyone else? Like maybe not quite endgame Kiana and Kallen, but certainly as much like them as they look like each other and early game Kiana. It would be nice to see a Kiana who doesn't have to be an important character and a Kallen who is just not involved with any version of Otto in any way. Or to get a Kiana who is an important character again, honestly, she's even ignoring the bit where she had character growth she was always fun. (Actually, have we even seen any alternate Kianas besides GGZ and presumably The Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles? I suppose it would make sense not to because of the clone thing . . .)

Also also, I'm maybe halfway through the Late Halloween event, how bad is seven days to clear it? I just haven't been in the mood for side questing.

rio
Mar 20, 2008

Bad Video Games posted:

I'm more excited for Ratio. I'm just going to place him in a team with Kafka and Topaz. It's just going to be nonstop follow-ups. :D

Though most likely, I'll use Silver Wolf instead of Kafka.

Same. I pulled Topaz expecting the waiting game for some perfect teammate in the future but I didn’t guess it would be this soon, and I certainly didn’t guess it would be free. Im even more excited for him than Ruan Mei.

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
duke inferno does look cool

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

rio posted:

I was wondering if some new set might end up being better too, since the physical set doesn’t really seem perfectly well catered to him. I am hoping to get Xueyi but will need to see how my 4 star luck goes (it was good this patch so expecting a dry spell) - I’ll just hold off on phys set farming for now.

Appreciate the help from both of you - thanks!

Supposedly there's 2 new sets coming with 2.0 but they look more made for ratio/ruan mei based on what leaks are out there.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Captain France posted:

So do we know if everyone they showed off at the end of the Special Program is likely to be playable later? Because Sam and Duke Inferno look loving great.

Also, surprised nobody else asked this, but, do Rose and Firefly definitely look like (HI3) Kaslanas to anyone else? Like maybe not quite endgame Kiana and Kallen, but certainly as much like them as they look like each other and early game Kiana. It would be nice to see a Kiana who doesn't have to be an important character and a Kallen who is just not involved with any version of Otto in any way. Or to get a Kiana who is an important character again, honestly, she's even ignoring the bit where she had character growth she was always fun. (Actually, have we even seen any alternate Kianas besides GGZ and presumably The Sustainer Of Heavenly Principles? I suppose it would make sense not to because of the clone thing . . .)

Also also, I'm maybe halfway through the Late Halloween event, how bad is seven days to clear it? I just haven't been in the mood for side questing.

I strongly believe we won't see any major Kiana references in future content if only because she was the main character of their first 3 games and she finally reached her thematic ending in the third. She's their baby and they completed her meta arc so she can rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

I love when you get a great SU combo and you end up with an extra 2.5k atk, 215 speed or other shenanigans. Topaz and Numby one-shot each hp bar.