Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

andromache posted:

It’s pretty safe in Delve/Querious/Period Basis from a deep safe.

Cheers, I'll look some at dotlan and find a nice system and get to work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Boatswain posted:

Cheers, I'll look some at dotlan and find a nice system and get to work.

btw if you didnt already know make deepsafes by jumping into the abyss in something cheap <20 mins before dt, finish the site and sit in the last room until dt, it will shoot you out after dt and every so often you will get a good safe. bonus points if you do it with 3 frigates at once.

ClCADA
Nov 16, 2023

Ragnar Gunvald posted:

Vanguard really brought the crazies out into the discord. I don't normally do discord and can only imagine that the discord is an absolute shithole.

But I got this gem of a DM today after telling someone to chill the gently caress out as they was raging vanguard only has updates on discord so far and that they had to pay to access a 4 day alpha test.

Hey, try to talk like that in the “meat” world
Lmao I want to visit this meat world

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

ClCADA posted:

Hey, try to talk like that in the “meat” world
Lmao I want to visit this meat world

https://youtu.be/ZP7K9SycELA?si=Wl0ZCbG4p89fmHAR

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

What's wrong in making 'deep safes' the old way using anomalies, wh or relic/data sites and running them or waiting for them to despawn?

DrHammond
Nov 8, 2011

froody guy posted:

What's wrong in making 'deep safes' the old way using anomalies, wh or relic/data sites and running them or waiting for them to despawn?

Anomalies only spawn close to (4AU?) celestials, so impossible for it to create a deep safe. Still good for lazy safe I suppose.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
The Chinese servers get all the cool skins

https://evepc.163.com/shuguang/news/official/20231207/37751_1124389.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

CCP should make it a mandatory skin for every keepstar from now on.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Amazing lmao.

ClCADA
Nov 16, 2023

CCP wouldn’t dare give us this type of power. We are an unhinged community when it comes to creativity lmao

Smegma Princess X
Jul 27, 2012
Can't wait for the 1DQ- Goatse Mind Palace Keepstar

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Smegma Princess X posted:

Can't wait for the 1DQ- Goatse Mind Palace Keepstar

Omg, what is that Keepstar doing to its dock?

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Macross crossover when

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
inb4 someone undocks a pink avatar and starts "cosplaying"

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

This is why we fight...

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

That Works posted:

Macross crossover when

Toilet eve already went as close as it could get without paying to call it "Macross": https://www.eveechoes.com/starbeat/

Actual eve is still too grimdark for it.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

froody guy posted:

a deep safe is something more than 14.3 au (dscan range) from any celestial or gate or whatever, as said before all anomalies and signatures spawn within 4 au of a celestial, so people have used a variety of methods over the years to make deep safes.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
I thought deep safes were removed some time ago?
We used to make them by rubber banding high mass iterons. I remember there being a dev blog and then my bookmarks that were 150-200au off were all removed.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

Elchimpster posted:

I thought deep safes were removed some time ago?
We used to make them by rubber banding high mass iterons. I remember there being a dev blog and then my bookmarks that were 150-200au off were all removed.

They removed the existing ones yes

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

It was something like over a certain distance from the nearest celestial they were removed, to get rid of the ‘super’ deep safes, deep safes these days are less ridiculous and are allowed.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Saithir posted:

Toilet eve already went as close as it could get without paying to call it "Macross": https://www.eveechoes.com/starbeat/

Actual eve is still too grimdark for it.

I don't even watch anime but I'd pay a lot for these SKINs.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

floppyspud posted:

a deep safe is something more than 14.3 au (dscan range) from any celestial or gate or whatever, as said before all anomalies and signatures spawn within 4 au of a celestial, so people have used a variety of methods over the years to make deep safes.

Ok scratch the anoms, but I'm pretty sure I was making true deep safes using data/relic sites or wholes. If not, blame CCP. Or age. Or both. Or weed. Ok, maybe it was the weed.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I tried the Abyssal-method, great so far. Thanks for the advise!

Saithir
Jul 10, 2022

Boatswain posted:

I don't even watch anime but I'd pay a lot for these SKINs.

Yup, regardless of the Macross like "space songstress" vibes, they're pretty well made. I'd love to have the Hel one.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

BounceBanana
Feb 3, 2021

froody guy posted:

Ok scratch the anoms, but I'm pretty sure I was making true deep safes using data/relic sites or wholes. If not, blame CCP. Or age. Or both. Or weed. Ok, maybe it was the weed.

I think it was a ccp change, because I remember doing the same thing a long time ago.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I think a lot of the techniques in Project Poseidon stopped working around the same time the changes to grid mechanics were made and Grid-Fu stopped being necessary/feasible.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
I have fond memories of utilizing grid fu against Test in fountain. It was amazing hiding within view of the 6vdt undock w drag bubbles

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.
Truly deep safes (ie 100s of AU away from the center of the system) were pruned out by CCP, and there’s no reason they couldn’t run that script again if a significant number of new ones were made/noticed.

What’s referred to as a deep safe nowadays is just anything not on d-scan from any celestial. The easiest way to generate those is via the triple abyssal method we’ve already mentioned.

Another way is to follow incursions around. The sites generated by an incursion don’t follow the within 4au rules of another anoms. You can find them in random and deep parts of a system. Pretty easy to get safes 30-40 au away from anything.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
can you just create a bookmark in a system with a ridiculous number of AU from gate to gate?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

can you just create a bookmark in a system with a ridiculous number of AU from gate to gate?

Sometimes, but not all systems are like that!

A roamer is likely to see you on dscan warping from gate to gate, too.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
I'm a robin hood, stealing from krabs to give to me, an eve poor. I'm in the ESS, singing Christmas carols. I'm burning away, taking the bonds to asset safety.

I love this content.

Pls be nice and keep the combat probes inside, thnx.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

andromache posted:

Truly deep safes (ie 100s of AU away from the center of the system) were pruned out by CCP, and there’s no reason they couldn’t run that script again if a significant number of new ones were made/noticed.
I think even new ones fall into the same type of filtering as bookmarks inside of the sun, where even if you try to warp to a positional bookmark inside of the sun, it will set your warp destination point to somewhere else.

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

depending on the geometry of the system you might still be able to create a good one with multiple steps, make a bookmark in warp between two points, make another bookmark in warp between two different points, and warp from one of those bookmarks to the other and make another bookmark in warp

Not An Arsonist
May 5, 2014

It was on fire when I got here

OneEightHundred posted:

I think even new ones fall into the same type of filtering as bookmarks inside of the sun, where even if you try to warp to a positional bookmark inside of the sun, it will set your warp destination point to somewhere else.

In a time before :ccp: implemented no fun zones, some clever nerd managed to create a few bookmarks in the the center of Jita's sun. It was a funky sight, and if you approached the very center of the sun itself it would yeet you away at ludicrous speeds anywhere from a few seconds to many minutes, depending on the mass of your ship. I recall sending a freighter to the center and it was a good 10 minutes before i could finally get aligned for warp again.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

hailthefish posted:

depending on the geometry of the system you might still be able to create a good one with multiple steps, make a bookmark in warp between two points, make another bookmark in warp between two different points, and warp from one of those bookmarks to the other and make another bookmark in warp

Whilst it is technically a deep safe, it is still inbetween different planets and so you run the (pretty big) risk of people warping between planets or wormholes or something and spotting you. I’d much prefer one that’s actually outside of the system, like one that’s created with incursions or the abyss method.

Elukka
Feb 18, 2011

For All Mankind
It's worth noting anyone looking with combat probes will still catch you with a single scan, though I imagine that risk is probably lower in null than in highsec where people are specifically doing it to hunt abyssal runners. And you do still reduce the risks either way.

A Bad King
Jul 17, 2009

Suppose the oil man,
He comes to town.
And you don't lay money down.

Yet Mr. King,
He killed the thread
The other day.
Well I wonder.
Who's gonna go to Hell?
The Cloak Protects.
:orks:

windex
Aug 2, 2006

One thing living in Japan does is cement the fact that ignoring the opinions of others is a perfectly valid life strategy.

OneEightHundred posted:

We've actually spotted folks anchoring or with anchored structures in wormholes mostly within the sun collision bounding box before, there's usually a little section of the side of the structure they can get to docking range in, which they have bookmarked, but when they go off tether at the undock they go flying, and if you scan out the structure you can never get near it or often even on grid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

floppyspud posted:

Whilst it is technically a deep safe, it is still inbetween different planets and so you run the (pretty big) risk of people warping between planets or wormholes or something and spotting you. I’d much prefer one that’s actually outside of the system, like one that’s created with incursions or the abyss method.

So while you are in the abyssal you aren’t in local. If you are the only one using the system (not uncommon in period basis and paragon soul) as long as your trace isn’t in scan range of the gate to gate path you are safe. Just don’t tell people where you are doing abyssal… ever.

No gang is going to starburst an empty system, they’ll just do the next one.