Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

WhyteRyce posted:

“Kerr, I caught my fist on the Euro again”
“Why you podcastin little!”

“No, he’s gotta pass this class for Curry. Dray… let’s stop the tusslin and chokin”

HahHa

Shear Modulus posted:

Detrote Pistols LFG

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 18, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Would Monty let miles bridges marry his daughter?

lmao goddamn

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
The Draymond edit is funny, but the fact that Poole slipped on a wet spot he himself made trying to flop just make it :kiss:

https://twitter.com/theIVpointplay/status/1736704063960662437

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Even muted you can hear the side whistle when he falls.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Apparently the Wiz have an assistant coach for each individual player. Imagine being Jordan Poole's assistant coach.

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status/1736808644564726212

I kinda want Mac to turn down the invite just to hear how stupid the handwringing will be from the talking heads for the next few weeks.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Legitimately think that people like him are the best bet for the dunk contest.

If the stars aren't going to do it then at least get dudes who can do fun dunks for entertainment.

It can be like the in season tournament where you can give some D-League player with sick dunks enough money to change their life.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I see dunks on tiktok that blow the dunk contest out of the water. They need to invite every random uber athlete that can't play basketball but can spin a 1080 from the FT line

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Agreed they need to get those weird YouTube dunk guys to do dunks and let lebron or whoever judge

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.
winner of the tik tok dunk contest should get a 10 day with Detroit.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Papes posted:

Would probably get more minutes than Jaden Ivey

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Lockback posted:

The Draymond edit is funny, but the fact that Poole slipped on a wet spot he himself made trying to flop just make it :kiss:

https://twitter.com/theIVpointplay/status/1736704063960662437

is that backcourt? he catches the ball in the front court but his body is in the back court?

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Papes posted:

Imagine meeting your future wife because of your Tik Tok dunk skills.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Veryslightlymad posted:

Gen Z version of Jack and Diane really shaping up

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
People are posting about sick YouTube dunks yet aren’t posting the sick dunks. Extremely problematic.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I'd like for the Pacers to get him but not for that much

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Veryslightlymad posted:

Speaking of sick dunks,

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

slave to my cravings posted:

Agreed they need to get those weird YouTube dunk guys to do dunks and let lebron or whoever judge

Have an open where dudes from around the country line up to qualify during the week of and then have judges weed out the pretenders leading up to the final on Saturday. Film everything and put it on Netflix thank you very much.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
https://x.com/hornetspr/status/1736872048700387373?s=46

Cursed season

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

My pitch for saving the dunk contest:

Turn it into an alley-oop contest and you bring a partner from your team. The lob and the dunk will both be scored. 3 attempts or you get a 0.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Honestly surprised this hasn't happened before. When I lived in Toronto for a year I had friends that couldn't get approval to visit because of a DUI years in the past.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

nobody is ever really going to care about the dunk contest if it's just a bunch of Mac McClung tier dudes

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I placed a small wager on the Pistons tonight YOLO

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/KCJHoop/status/1736883385572733094

"Yeah he's gonna need to ramp up, we are hoping to have him completely ramped up by Jan 15th, but it may take til the Trade deadline"

Dinosaurs!
May 22, 2003

Make the dunk contest every other year to keep it from being so stale. Alternate it with a half court game of knockout in the off years.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dinosaurs! posted:

Make the dunk contest every other year to keep it from being so stale. Alternate it with a half court game of knockout in the off years.

This is a really good idea

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
What if they did the dunk contest once every four years like the Olympics

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

I wish I posted this

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

do you think the dunk contest helped derrick jones jr get into the league

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Aye Doc posted:

nobody is ever really going to care about the dunk contest if it's just a bunch of Mac McClung tier dudes

Nobody has cared about the dunk contest in 30 years and interest will never come back

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

im pretty invested in aaron gordon never winning one cause its funny as hell

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

instead of having to play 65 games to qualify for end of season awards, make it so you have to participate in the dunk contest.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Ghost Dog posted:

im pretty invested in aaron gordon never winning one cause its funny as hell

Yeah, taking a haters approach to sports fandom is great because you get to always bet the field against some jabroni you irrationally hate.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Pay every instagram model you can to sit courtside and make the dunk contest as an opportunity for nba stars to peacock

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/ClutchPoints/status/1736858820872384556

:unsmith:

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
Good for Kemba

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Y’all are hating on the dunk contest?? On DUNKS?? Last year’s owned, cmon.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

I put 25 dollars in my tank today and it brought me back up to 2/3rds full. Shaq was right

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

hifi posted:

I put 25 dollars in my tank today and it brought me back up to 2/3rds full. Shaq was right

drat I had the same thing happen last week. Shaq is a genius

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Shear Modulus posted:

instead of having to play 65 games to qualify for end of season awards, make it so you have to participate in the dunk contest.

I like that