Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
The main reason I use Ball jars to store my weed is because they have a really good seal and are extremely easy to get/replace. Reminds me I need to buy an eighth and throw it in a jar and hide it for science reasons

so I looked into this last time it was mentioned but i don't fully get it, can you explain weed wizard fuctifino

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
And the 4oz quilted ones are like $15/12 pack, and they’re small enough that dropping an eighth into them doesn’t look sadly empty.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

bagmonkey posted:

so I looked into this last time it was mentioned but i don't fully get it, can you explain weed wizard fuctifino

They use pure convection heat to heat the herb. The balls heat up using conduction, and they heat the air as it passes through them before the air hits the bowl. My rig can produce clouds that are way bigger than my lungs can handle, but it's also possible to sip using it.

Think of it like having a performance sports car, and the control that a well tuned vehicle can give you. It's a bit like that, but weed :420:

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

And the 4oz quilted ones are like $15/12 pack, and they’re small enough that dropping an eighth into them doesn’t look sadly empty.

have you considered just putting a lot more weed into a big jar?

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

fuctifino posted:

They use pure convection heat to heat the herb. The balls heat up using conduction, and they heat the air as it passes through them before the air hits the bowl. My rig can produce clouds that are way bigger than my lungs can handle, but it's also possible to sip using it.

Think of it like having a performance sports car, and the control that a well tuned vehicle can give you. It's a bit like that, but weed :420:

yeah honestly they looked like the next step up and I'm seriously considering it

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

fuctifino posted:

The balls heat up

SOLD

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Ballception

bagmonkey posted:

yeah honestly they looked like the next step up and I'm seriously considering it

I've not used anything but the ball vape at home since it arrived

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Smokin some 4 year old (or more) shake....

for science

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

I’m going to pick up weed from a drive through, and not hidden under fries or anything

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Brain Curry posted:

I’m going to pick up weed from a drive through, and not hidden under fries or anything

R U kidding me? Drive thru weed??

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
I know of at least three dispensaries that are in what used to be banks (the popular theory is it’s a good match because of the state's secure storage rules). A couple of them even have the pneumatic tube drive through things, but I’m not sure if they use those.

afroserty
Apr 22, 2010

Brain Curry posted:

I'm not bitter when I read this things but I hope all of you in legal places or have legal places that you can drive to, appreciate it.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

afroserty posted:

I'm not bitter when I read this things but I hope all of you in legal places or have legal places that you can drive to, appreciate it.

our legalization spent over a decade in limbo, first for 8 years because the R governor from Texas' husband owned mega shares in a medical grow and didn't want to add licenses to the system, and then another like 3-4 because it was totally gonna happen for sure but all the politicians and alcohol dealers being affected by forced changes to alcohol laws as part of the legalization bill needed to sus out how they were all going to get their cuts (we used to have finite liquor licenses and all those guys owned mega shares in grows, as well).

It was about drat time, and I appreciate being able to walk to the store down the street and buy cheap, good weed like a loving adult immensely.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
California is synonymous with weed and we weren't even close to the first state to legalize recreational sale

otoh California was the first to make medical weed legal, and the recommendation system for weed was comically broken.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Yup it’s an old bank. I used the lane with the drawer, not sure if the tubes are in use. Ordered online with my medical ID number and pulled up. It was a budtender I’ve talked to before and I was on my way in moments. 10/10

I appreciate this so much. I have bought weed on the street many many times from some sketchy people and been handed weed wrapped up in paper the guy pulled out of a dumpster right in front of me. Living in the future is cool in some ways.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

afroserty posted:

ive scraped more pipes than ive ever owned, ive smoked keyboard crumbs that looked green enough, and my main supply used to be ounces of shake you wouldnt give a dog (dont give dogs weed) for triple digit prices that i had to pick up several bus connections away in a mcdonalds parking lot - i have paid my dues and the sixty dollar ounces of sticky icky and six dollar grams of terp sugar are at least some comfort in this third act of a society thats definitely not getting a sequel

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Oldschool roor bongs are sweet and I miss them, I'm hitting one right now

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

New weed is sticky like is been dipped in powdered sugars and is pgood.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

afroserty posted:

I can walk actually it's very nice

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I've never smoked weed in Mexico.

I think. I might be wrong.

I've been to Mexico like 8 times.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I got some weed™.

\

I think? Could be anything really.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
one of my fave weed stores does B2G1 on edibles. i bought 2 peanut butter bars and got a free dark chocolate cherry bar yesterday (and used up my customer loyalty points because they expire at the end of the year so it was more like buy 1 get 2 free)

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*
Bagmonkey, do you ever get resin and rosin or are you all about flower and edibles? I am trying to expand my horizons and you mentioned Ghostbudsters so I know you have great taste.

I used to get Pleasantrees concentrates when they were B1G1 last year for several months, but their menu has been replaced with stuff like "tiered" rosin and it is too expensive now.

Society C does (did?) Herbana's processing so I usually get their house stuff. The resin has taken a noticeable dive in quality recently but the rosin is still good, especially at $65/3.5g. They also frequently have Humblebee, which is some of my favorite stuff. Most of the concentrates I've had are from Adams Family Farms. Ghostbudsters has Fifth Age collabs but I can't ever find them in my area.

I would like to check out Eastside Alchemy but lol at the prices. There are like 30 freaking stores within 10 miles and yet all but 2 or 3 charge border prices like I'm an unsuspecting tourist.

afroserty posted:

I went to a dispensary for the first time in 2020 when it was curbside only and the legal way felt just as sketchy when someone walks up, scans your ID, takes money, walks into a building, and finally walks back with a bag. One of the stores nearby had a 50% off everything sale that year and the entire neighborhood traffic flow was destroyed by people waiting 90+ minutes in their cars. It was such a surreal experience.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Dec 19, 2023

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Bloodplay it again posted:

Bagmonkey, do you ever get resin and rosin or are you all about flower and edibles? I am trying to expand my horizons and you mentioned Ghostbudsters so I know you have great taste.

Used to but it felt like a total pain in the rear end since processors quality would start out as great then get lovely, or magically they'd go from garbage tier to wow that's great product in the span of months. Once King of Budz opened near me, it made WAY more sense to switch over to flower since their deli prices are insane for the quality you get (at a rec dispo of course)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

I made an improvised double boiler out of a ceramic cup, ceramic bowl and tea kettle to use that roor. 91% ipa and hot water for 3 hours weren't working (disuse had basically soldered the bowl and stem together) so I had to make hot 91% IPA.

Took 5 minutes.

Also disclaimer: don't make hot 91% IPA

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Dec 19, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
weed is pretty drat good ngl.

Phat Phingers
May 27, 2023

Ey Frito-Lay! FUH Q MANG!
gas station has a little ad for edibles and I'm interested but my paranoia says i'm getting scammed or arrested. The deep web is the same. Well what's life without risk?

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

i dont see why they'd arrest you for buying stuff the gas station is selling, but also i cant imagine the gas station weed is real

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
ball vapes whip rear end, yall. ive had mine a few weeks now. it gives me the hit experience of a bong with the efficiency and flavor of a vape

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Strange things are afoot....

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

The Diddler posted:

i dont see why they'd arrest you for buying stuff the gas station is selling, but also i cant imagine the gas station weed is real

Thanks to idiot Republican Lawmakers and the Farm Bill, the edibles should be real at least.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

mailorder bees posted:

ball vapes whip rear end, yall. ive had mine a few weeks now. it gives me the hit experience of a bong with the efficiency and flavor of a vape

True story. Which one do you have?

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER
flowerpot

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

Same. I got a b2 and then switched to a b1. I love this thing

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

pixaal posted:

Right but it's almost time for snow bongs. If you have never filled a bing with snow instead of water, we'll first snow grab some fresh.

It is indeed cool (heh), but the only problem is when you get high and forget about it, the snow melts, you go to take another rip then you end up swallowing a bunch of bong water because the water level is too high.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Had my first fondue experience on 50mg of edibles and ima tell you it was something biblical

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
:lol: our Boomer grandchildren stories will be about the times we went and hung out in absurdly sketchy places waiting for our dealer to show up. Also the entire performance art of buying weed and GTFO'ing

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cool kids inc. posted:

Had my first fondue experience on 50mg of edibles and ima tell you it was something biblical

Edible Fondue??

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

redshirt posted:

Edible Fondue??

Noted for serious consideration on experimenting later, but no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

cool kids inc. posted: