Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug
Every team should have a Mac McClung they can send out at the end of blowouts to really humiliate the losing team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

kingcobweb posted:

Y’all are hating on the dunk contest?? On DUNKS?? Last year’s owned, cmon.

the 3 is for cowards, middie is for the 90s, lebron only has like a dozen dunks left in him total. im a layups guy now

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

Layup contest could be sick. Need like, defenders or something though

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

White people loved McClung, I’m sure if you find one Jack Harlow-looking motherfucker every year you’d keep breaking rating records

anakha
Sep 16, 2009

Chronicles posted:

Layup contest could be sick. Need like, defenders or something though

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Bulls status: Back

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

COBY WHITE

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

coby white is the greatest basketball player to ever have his name be pronounced "coby" phonetically

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

R.D. Mangles posted:

coby white is the greatest basketball player to ever have his name be pronounced "coby" phonetically

can confirm

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

GarPax was right, it's time to bring them back

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

lmao 151 of them thangs.

lol Pacers

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

Dexo posted:

lmao 151 of them thangs.

lol Pacers

I’m beginning to think the Pacers thought the IST final was the actual end to the season

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/_MarcusD3_/status/1736939354168197189

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
It’s kinda unfair that Harden gets to just hang out for 3 quarters and then unleash in the 4th.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

drat, the Pistons got so close.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
Cobi White seems to have genuine Good Dude vibes coming off him, like that "Cam went WHAT" video from draft night. And it's different from someone that just comes off nice or funny, like that vid is fully him being happy for someone else :)

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Dejan Bimble posted:

What if they did the dunk contest once every four years like the Olympics

Or, hear me out, what if Dunking was an Olympic Sport

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

RIP BOZO
https://x.com/StephNoh/status/1736936425189224606?s=20

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

kingcobweb posted:

Y’all are hating on the dunk contest?? On DUNKS?? Last year’s owned, cmon.

I mean yeah, a little bit

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Awooo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://twitter.com/byjuliapoe/status/1736948879411630475

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/twolvesbrazil/status/1736943181793484832

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Chet is the best big since the holy pf trinity retired

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Declan MacManus posted:

note that this league is not to be confused with P-League+, a rogue taiwanese basketball league backed by taiwanese mob money that has jeremy lin and anthony bennett wearing a du rag in it. this is a separate league.

I assure you every league here is mob money

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Metapod posted:

the holy pf trinity? Is that Duncan Garnett Dirk?

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
I'm usually a little skeptical of Ewing Theory runs but this is getting ridiculous

https://twitter.com/mevvybear/status/1736936706794717244

Metapod posted:

Maybe you haven't heard of Naz Reid

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

you did naz reid that coming

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
Coby does seem like a Nice Young Man and I’m happy for him, he should absolutely get to join the 3pt contest and they should tell him before his turn that Zach is there but not participating

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Hair theory will never recover

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Lockback posted:

Coby and Cade disprove hair theory every game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

the holy pf trinity? Is that Duncan Garnett Dirk?

Can't be, that's two PFs and a center

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Papes posted:

Nobody has cared about the dunk contest in 30 years and interest will never come back
This is Gordon-Lavine dunk contest erasure. Please stop committing cultural genocide. 🙏

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Dexo posted:

yeah those 2 for 9
5 for 17 games out of his last 5 are really proof in the pudding

maruhkati
Sep 29, 2021

NAZ REID
https://twitter.com/r_timberwolves/status/1736953718984036823

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Lockback posted:

This Coby run is actually leading to the development of an alternate strain of hair theory, in which the bigness and fluidity of his hair makes it much easier for him to draw foul calls whenever he throws his head back. Stacey King is all over it

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

Dexo posted:

Cade, the guy who's shot 31, 27, 31 percent from 3 the last three years?

Coby stands alone against hair theory.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Coby changed his hair, and now has a flat area above his forehead so that his hair doesnt flounce dead in his hand- arm path anymore, there's a several inches flat zone so he has more space and a more repeatable motion. It's right there on tape. fish ker nba dot. com check any recent game

In coaching the jumper you always want to avoid flinging from the wrist. The reason we stress hair theory is that shooting from the shoulder is easy and repeatable, while shooting from the face is hard and imprecise. The key to avoiding flinging from the wrist is the forhead being grazed by the hand, which keys your muscle memory to shoot with your legs/body/arm as one motion and not fling with your wrist after separate motions.

When you can touch the back of your hand on the exact same point on your forehead for every jump shot you have removed a variable so that your brain does not need to do mentally taxing prioperception calculations with every shot. Your jumper becomes muscle memory, which is important because it's a very complex motion wtih a ton of little factors you need to dial in over time.

The number of players who've been high level shooters over time with hair that was covering their forehead in 3 dimensions and turning it from an act of muscle memory to like an active brain + body calculation is small.

You essentially need to be a TJ Warren or KD type whose touch is so good that they could be wearing a foam cowboy hat like Homer Simpson and not lose .01 from their fg%. And those guys wore their hair short, like most great shooters, because they didn't need the added trouble.

There were famously a lot of guys with big hair in the 70s, none of them shot the ball well. Mikki Moore brought the afro back to the NBA after decades and he couldn't make anything that wasn't a dunk or a lay. in. It's not a George Steinbrenner shave the sideburns deal, it's just about avoiding complications for an already difficult skill.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Sorry all I see is Cade dropped 44 of them thangs.

Hair theory in the dirt.

thumper57
Feb 26, 2004

This is silly, Jimmy would never look back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

rivetz posted:

Cobi White seems to have genuine Good Dude vibes coming off him, like that "Cam went WHAT" video from draft night. And it's different from someone that just comes off nice or funny, like that vid is fully him being happy for someone else :)

For real. If he keeps going like this, the Bulls are gonna become one of my go to teams when the Wolves aren't playing. Such a fun guy to see out there, can't help but root for him.