Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Spiders-Men isn't multiplat so I wouldn't be surprised if Blade wasn't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:

Waffleman_ posted:

1 and Miles eventually got on Steam so I expect Spider-mens will eventually

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean yeah, but PC doesn't count

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MorningMoon posted:

Apparently the Blade game started development after the acquisition, so it's probably at least 3 years off. That's probably why they didn't announce platforms, but it'd be funny if Disney only gave them the license if they make it multiplat.

Oh NOW they care about parity, huh.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Waffleman_ posted:

I would expect everything not Spider-Man or Wolverine to be multiplatform like Avengers and GotG were. Spider-Man and Sony have a unique relationship, and then since Insomniac became a Sony studio we know Wolverine will be mostly exclusive to PlayStation as well.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1733131786291642627?s=20

lmao

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Waffleman_ posted:

That sold 5 million in a month, we're not sure at this time if there's 5 million xbox series x in consumers hands

console warrior rhetoric aside, yeah i'm like 90% sure that the only reason platforms aren't announced is that there's a chance development slips and it ends up on the next gen xbox thing instead (and PC)

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Dec 8, 2023

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Forgot the entire premise of Suicide Squad once and was wondering 'Why the hell is Captain Boomerang on the team instead of Mr. Freeze?'

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

They are absolutely not going to let you progress the battle pass this which which is very lol

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

MorningMoon posted:

That sold 5 million in a month, we're not sure at this time if there's 5 million xbox series x in consumers hands

console warrior rhetoric aside, yeah i'm like 90% sure that the only reason platforms aren't announced is that there's a chance development slips and it ends up on the next gen xbox thing instead (and PC)

Microsoft's main goal right now is selling game pass subs. I don't think the number of xboxes out there really matters to their calculus

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Can't wait to play as Captain Boomerang and use his trademark weapon, a gun

CzarChasm
Mar 14, 2009

I don't like it when you're watching me eat.

Codependent Poster posted:

Can't wait to play as Captain Boomerang and use his trademark weapon, a gun

Isn't that basically what they do with all those Fortnite skins? "This season it's Superman, with his trademark gun, and Spider-man and his gun, against Goku and Thanos with their guns."

Aren't there skins in MW3 now with Homelander and Starlight and probably some other pop culture guest stars? I was going to add Hellsing/Alucard to that list, but, I mean, he uses guns all the time. That one fits thematically, if not ascetically.

You know who should be heading up this game instead? loving Deadpool. Why? He's a silly character who not only primarily uses guns (and is not above a baseball bat or mallet), but he has abilities like a teleport belt, and if you gave him a jet pack, your first thought is probably "Yeah. That makes sense." Plus he kind of has a history of killing some of the strongest heroes in the comics, even if it is out of continuity. gently caress it. The parts of the suicide squad will be played by Deadpool, Lady Deadpool, Pooldead (the color swapped version) and Deathstroke. There, I just fixed your game.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i'm not sure if it's still the same in 3 but with mw2 homelander and starlight in cod they actually were able to use superpowers as special moves

glitchwraith
Dec 29, 2008

It does seem like they are emphasizing the different play styles in the latest Suicide Squad trailers. Or at least, I've seen Boomerang throw his boomerang and King Shark fight like a bruiser. That said, hard to tell how much is actual changed gameplay and how much is the same but hidden in the editing.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CzarChasm posted:

Isn't that basically what they do with all those Fortnite skins? "This season it's Superman, with his trademark gun, and Spider-man and his gun, against Goku and Thanos with their guns."

Aren't there skins in MW3 now with Homelander and Starlight and probably some other pop culture guest stars? I was going to add Hellsing/Alucard to that list, but, I mean, he uses guns all the time. That one fits thematically, if not ascetically.

You know who should be heading up this game instead? loving Deadpool. Why? He's a silly character who not only primarily uses guns (and is not above a baseball bat or mallet), but he has abilities like a teleport belt, and if you gave him a jet pack, your first thought is probably "Yeah. That makes sense." Plus he kind of has a history of killing some of the strongest heroes in the comics, even if it is out of continuity. gently caress it. The parts of the suicide squad will be played by Deadpool, Lady Deadpool, Pooldead (the color swapped version) and Deathstroke. There, I just fixed your game.

Deadpool is a Marvel character so seems unlikely.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

RareAcumen posted:

Forgot the entire premise of Suicide Squad once and was wondering 'Why the hell is Captain Boomerang on the team instead of Mr. Freeze?'

Well Captain Boomerang has better tech than Freeze.

But lets say I were Waller and had to pick an Ice villain, Mr. Freeze would still be once of my last choices. Captain Cold would be my first, and Killer Frost my second.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lots of leaks about Suicide Squad recently apparently due to datamining after a closed beta alpha .

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

muscles like this! posted:

Lots of leaks about Suicide Squad recently apparently due to datamining after a closed beta alpha .

Is it as bad as we all expected?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 43 minutes!

muscles like this! posted:

And?

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Holy poo poo just looked them up. Wow......yup having Harley headshot Batman in Kevin Conroy's final role and unambiguously kill him is really really bad....

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I mean, it's called "Kill the Justice League" and it's not like they knew that Kevin was gonna die. It's just an unfortunate coincidence.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
it ain't called Suicide Squad: Gently Admonish the Justice League

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

lol this game's plot sounds terrible and just comes across as mean-spirited all around. Nobody's gonna enjoy this at all.

These are the apparent spoilers so you all don't have to track them down.

After the beta ends the SS get vehicles to use from one of Waller's goons.

They then go to capture Ivy from Lex Luthor

Ivy is nine years old and has been revived by Luthor to make antisuper weapons

Ivy doesn't remember Harley and thinks the name "Poison Ivy" is dumb

Waller insists that they put a bomb in Ivy's neck.

Everyone thinks that's crossing a line, except Boomerang who does it anyway to be squad leader or something. Ivy cries and the rest of the SS call Boomerang a dick.

Flash captures Luthor for brainiac (idk why)

Flash uses Luthor to lure out the SS

SS fight Flash. At some point Luthor is killed WW joins the fight at some point, captures Flash with the lasso. Flash says there is no cure and she has to kill them all.

Boomerang overhears Flash's name as "Barry" from WW but has no idea who that is.

Flash escapes and WW fucks off after mocking the SS for the third time.

Waller insists they kill Flash so Boomerang makes fun of "Barry" on national tv to bait him out

Flash is killed by Boomerang

SS are somehow transported to Earth 2 during this fight

Earth 2 is an earth where Brainiac has already won. The SS there were all killed thanks to Waller.

There they meet Earth 2 Luthor who explains what happened and says he's been in contact with Earth 1 Luthor explaining how to fight brainiac.

Earth 2 Luthor comes back with them to Earth 1. At some point they fight green lantern (can't remember why)

KingShark takes green lanterns ring (does the whole lantern speech) and then someone (probs Deadshot) kills GL

Superman comes and mirrors the scene from the first trailer where boomerang pisses him off and blames King Shark

WW saves the SS and uses something (maybe red sun?) to try to kill superman. It fails but Superman goes to krypton to regenerate. WW dies after giving a speech to the SS

The reason Superman came out is because Waller sent a nuke to Metropolis. The SS cheer him on as he destroys it which unwittingly draws his attention to them.

SS are very sad after WW dies and don't know how they're going to kill Superman

Earth 2 Lex says they need to capture Batman so that he can make something which can kill Superman

The SS use a bootleg Batmobile to infiltrate the batcave.

In the batcave they find Tim Drake's corpse. Who was killed by Batman off screen.

They knock out Batman and miniaturise him to bring him to Luthor

At some point in the batcave they find a video Bruce made explaining how to kill all the justice league members. The SS get bored halfway through and so don't watch the part explaining how to kill Superman. Luthor makes Kryptonite bullets for the SS to use to fight superman

After Batman's usefulness has expired the SS debate over which one gets to kill him.

Harley wins and gives a speech, Batman says it's poo poo and then dies.

It's implied that Harley makes some kind of batsymbol in Batman's corpse (think like Inglorious Bastards but maybe a little less brutal)

They then fight Superman. Idk much about the fight but it ends with Superman dying (presumably killed by Shark)

Brainiac congratulates the SS for killing the Justice League and offers them great power

The SS use an ice cream van to get inside the skull ship

SS take out brainiac and miniaturise him. They bring brainiac back to Waller and Earth 2 Luthor. Waller congratulates them and says their prison time has been reduced.

Turns out there are 12 other Brainiac's from different universe's the squad have to go and take out though (in post game + seasonal content) Something goes wrong (I think Luthor betrays them) and the story ends.

Besides story the only major discoveries I've made are that the additional playable characters are: Joker, Mr Freeze, Deathstroke, Katana and Killer Croc.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
not really enthused to read a plot synopsis from someone who continually can't remember why you fight the Justice League in the game where the Justice League are evil

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

So is this game in the Arkham canon or not?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

of course it's not arkham canon, batman is right there.

seems kinda dumb and bad, but like, it's just being a funny suicide squad game. Something that won't really move many units and the response by those who did play it is that it's fine.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

chaosapiant posted:

So is this game in the Arkham canon or not?

Yes, it's a sequel to Arkham Knight.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I don’t know which of these two posts are accurate.

It stills annoys me that Gotham Knights doesn’t pick up after Arkham Knight, particularly since a lot of the story points line up and GK would totally make sense after the ending of Arkham.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Looks like codependent poster is the one who's right,
https://www.suicidesquadgame.com/en-us/faq

quote:

Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League features an original, narrative-driven experience that picks up the story five years after the events of Batman: Arkham Knight. Players who are familiar with the Batman: Arkham series will see some related narrative elements pop up in the game.

so now i kinda get the reaction

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Well I don't care what anyone says, I think it's very sweet that WB let a 12-year-old edgelord write a whole AAA video game.

bunnyofdoom posted:

Holy poo poo just looked them up. Wow......yup having Harley headshot Batman in Kevin Conroy's final role and unambiguously kill him is really really bad....

Well, at least it looks like he won't be infusing many more enemies...

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That can't be right. You can't kill the Justice League in a game called Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League. What are we supposed to do when Darkseid or Doomsday show up again? Rely on Bane stopping them???

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Kevin Conroy's last job being this seemingly cursed Suicide Squad game is kinda up there with Raul Julia's Last job being Street Fighter: The Movie.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Insomniac has a major hack a short while back, hackers asked for a few millions not to doxx every employee and poo poo. No money so now there's 1.7 terrabytes of confidential data out there, including their current plans for the next eight years (I'm a dumb hypocrite and am reading a reddit post with imgur links to the slides, including the terms to their wolverine license)

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
The entire plot of Wolverine is available to read as well as some initial gameplay builds to look at. So if you don’t want spoilers I’d avoid anything to do with the leaks

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

Air Skwirl posted:

Kevin Conroy's last job being this seemingly cursed Suicide Squad game is kinda up there with Raul Julia's Last job being Street Fighter: The Movie.

I mean, everyone loving loves Raul Julia's performance in that movie even today, even if the movie was pretty bad otherwise

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Goddamn. Even being never particularly fussed about Conroy's take on Batman, that SS synopsis is an awfully bum note for the poor guy to bow out on, he deserved better.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This is kind of a random side thing to comment on, but adding Harley into the SS took what was already a darkly comedic concept and pushed it all the way into obnoxiously goofy territory. They're just the JLI for edgelords now, aren't they?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Boy those Insomniac leaks are something. More exclusive PS games and that Wolverine plot sounds pretty bad.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Boy those Insomniac leaks are something. More exclusive PS games and that Wolverine plot sounds pretty bad.

they're owned by PS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am shocked, shocked, that the company literally owned by Sony is making games for Playstation.