Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Biggest disappointment of 2023?
The Dallas Cowboys (gently caress 'em)
The New York Giants
The Philadephia Eagles
The Washington Washingtons
Myself for watching NFC East Clownball
View Results

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

https://twitter.com/Jeff_McLane/status/1736878860237771247?s=20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-xTttimcNk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Jalen squatted Covid

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
MVP should be CMC unless he gets hurt.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

predicto posted:

Dak is not the MVP. Running up big stats on bad defenses isn't MVP worthy. And Brock Purdy probably shouldn't get it either.
I will laugh directly in the face of anyone who tells me Brock Purdy is the most valuable player on the 49ers, let alone in the entire league. (It's CMC, maybe Samuels.)

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

CMC or Tyreek Hill should be MVP

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Who is CMC?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

euphronius posted:

Who is CMC?
he's da mvp

(Christian McCaffrey, running back on the niners)

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Trent is the real Niners (and league) MVP

Seriously, their OL is Trent and 4 dudes I never heard if

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I would not be mad at all if Trent Williams, CMC or Hill were made mvp

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Trent is the real Niners (and league) MVP

Seriously, their OL is Trent and 4 dudes I never heard if

that would be fine too

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Yeah if the Eagles can't shithouse the Drew Lock Seahawks they're one and done in the playoffs.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Hurts, more like picks.

More like Jalen Sharts.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Dec 19, 2023

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fire Sirianni

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.
gently caress you, Matt Patricia

indigi
Jul 20, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
hahahahahahahahahhaha

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nice franchise QB lmao

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Lmfbo

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

let's go, we deserve everything y'all about to throw

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Jalen Sucks

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Roast the Eagles everyone, they deserve it

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Retroactively flex that game to 1 PM Sunday so I don't have to stay up to watch it

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006
Eagles might not win another game.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Ayudo posted:

Eagles might not win another game.

i already said this

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

triple sulk posted:

We can pretty easily go week by week and show how lucky they've been. A lot of this is going off rough memory but it's close enough.

Week 1 @ Pats: W 25-20, NE hosed up a chance at the end I think?
Week 2 vs Vikings: W 34-28, again if I recall, Cousins hosed up a comeback opportunity
Week 3 @ TB: W 25-11, comfortable enough but TB really sucks
Week 4 vs Washington: W 34-31 in OT, Washington blew a shot to win in some fashion
Week 5 @ Rams: W 23-14, don't remember much about this one but it was close enough and they only scored 6 points in the second half
Week 6 @ Jets: L 20-14, lmao
Week 7 vs Dolphins: W 31-17, their only quality win
Week 8 @ Washington: W 38-31, should not have been this close and should not have given up 31 points
Week 9 vs Cowboys: W 28-23, had a chance to lose this one and I think Dak blew a shot to win?
Week 10: bye
Week 11 @ KC: W 21-17, the one receiver hosed up a perfect Mahomes bomb for a TD
Week 12 vs Bills: W 37-34 in OT, should have lost this one but again the QB did some dumb poo poo or something
Week 13 vs 49ers: L 42-19, got their poo poo kicked in after two good defensive drives and two offensive drives they hosed up which set the tone
Week 14 @ Cowboys: L 33-13, got their poo poo kicked in for a second week in a row

They very easily could have lost weeks 1, 2, 4, 9, 11, and 12 if one or two things went differently, be it a drop here or better clock management there. You could say that about a lot of football games, but it was consistently uncomfortable win after uncomfortable win all season, and even if that only happened in half their games, you're still looking at a 7-6 team that's outclassed by several other teams in the NFC. They have @ Seattle, vs. Giants, vs. Cardinals, @ Giants left, and are almost assuredly going to drop one of the two games against the Giants, and I wouldn't be shocked if they lost both and go 1-3 or 0-4 the rest of the way out.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

eagles suck poo poo and also gently caress the cowboys

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

L

O

L

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

we're the 2022 vikings except I'm pretty sure they could play defense on 3rd down

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Jalen Hurts can't throw farther than 30 yards and Sirianni has no offensive idea outside of comeback routes

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

AJ Brown is like #1 in NFL efficiency in slant routes, they throw him 1 all game for like a 13 yard gain

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

the Seattle Seahawks, with Drew Lock as the quarterback, were 4 for 5 on conversions on 3rd down and at least 10 yards. The last of those was the game winning TD.

but yeah, matt patricia, good plan

shyduck posted:

eagles suck poo poo and also gently caress the cowboys

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

the only three highlights of this season are the absurd jake elliott fg, carter being fantastic as a rookie, and swift being really good

the team sucks poo poo otherwise

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Dallas Cowboys

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
lmbo NFC East

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

imagine having a guy who can kick from 60+ in lovely weather and being like "nah chuck it deep"

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

I think the Bills exposed how the cowboys overplay dime and are undersized on D. Our o line sucked and our offense crumbles when we’re buried due to exposed D. Eagles and Cowboys both are out in the first round imo

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Eagles humiliated themselves twice this weekend making a national embarrassing story about the defensive coordinator and then the new guy allows a 92 yard game winning drive to Drew Lock. Siriani should be toast this week from the media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

predicto
Jul 22, 2004

THE DEM DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
The Matt Patricia Experience, folks