Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just replace him with a white man and act like nothings changed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

replace him with Tracy Morgan like they did on Squidbillies when Unknown Hinson ran his mouth

if you gently caress up in media you get replaced by Tracy Morgan, period, thems the breaks

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Blood Boils posted:

No need for pretending friend, aotd is pretty good, better than he dawn remake imo. And it's not really a zombie movie, they're ghouls. Big difference!

you cant be serious

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PriorMarcus posted:

God, they really should of recast him. Now that we're all over the initial shock of him dying I think it's fair to say that Boseman was the worst part of the first film.

Really? I thought he was a great but outshown ofc by Michael B Jordan who gets the juicy he's right but role

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

DoombatINC posted:

replace him with Tracy Morgan like they did on Squidbillies when Unknown Hinson ran his mouth

if you gently caress up in media you get replaced by Tracy Morgan, period, thems the breaks

I now need a movie where a superpowered Tracy Morgan threatens all of existence.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Blood Boils posted:

No need for pretending friend, aotd is pretty good, better than he dawn remake imo. And it's not really a zombie movie, they're ghouls. Big difference!
They're robots.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I hadn't considered it, but it'd be cool if streaming put the eyes of the West on African cinema like it did with Korea. Though Korea probably had a larger base level of attention to work from.

I honestly know nothing about the African film industry. How sophisticated and financially resourced is it? Korea had a pretty professionalized television and film industry for decades before Hallyu really blew up in recent years.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

terminator is a zombie movie

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

The Night Agent is a real show that came out this year wtf. I looked up the cast and I’ve never heard of any of these people except the guy from Buffy

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

I honestly know nothing about the African film industry. How sophisticated and financially resourced is it? Korea had a pretty professionalized television and film industry for decades before Hallyu really blew up in recent years.

Nollywood has suffered in recent years along with the rest of the Nigerian economy. most output are historical dramas or love stories, but nothing super notable recently catches my eye. check out King of Thieves or Battle of Buka Street

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

Every country has its own film industry pretty much. But Ugandan action movies are especially amazing. Who Killed Captain Alex is a must see.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Pussy Quipped posted:

The Night Agent is a real show that came out this year wtf. I looked up the cast and I’ve never heard of any of these people except the guy from Buffy

I think Netflix sent out fake numbers just to get everyone to look up The Night Agent, a show no one actually watched.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Pussy Quipped posted:

Netflix has created some bizarre other viewership that doesn't interact with reality. They leave something on while they fold laundry and can't remember what it is when they're done, so they never talk to anyone else about it. I've watched seventy shows this year and over a hundred movies and I had to go down that list to Wednesday and You before I recognized them as shows people have talked about and not some ChatGPT hallucinations.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

you cant be serious

Deadly so

A Buttery Pastry posted:

They're robots.

Eh, I remember peeps saying that and also aliens and posting dubious screenshots

I don't think it comes across in the film :shrug: they're just ghouls that can create zombie minions

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
I have this weird thing where I instinctively don't watch new stuff Netflix is clearly pushing to me because, much like clicking a news story on Google News, it makes me worry that I'm only going to get that poo poo put in front of me and nothing else.

like somehow Google News has given me an entire unignorable section on pro wrestling that I can't get rid of.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

i say swears online posted:

Nollywood has suffered in recent years along with the rest of the Nigerian economy. most output are historical dramas or love stories, but nothing super notable recently catches my eye. check out King of Thieves or Battle of Buka Street
The Nigerien guy who called Nollywood the AIDS of African cinema must be happy.

Pussy Quipped posted:

I was like "What guy from Buffy? I can't see anyone I recognize from that show, but I'm definitely gonna tell this goon that I'm extremely disappointed they don't recognize this guy.", before I realized this guy was the guy from Buffy you were referring to.

Ted Wassanasong
Apr 8, 2020

Knight posted:

Netflix has created some bizarre other viewership that doesn't interact with reality. They leave something on while they fold laundry and can't remember what it is when they're done, so they never talk to anyone else about it. I've watched seventy shows this year and over a hundred movies and I had to go down that list to Wednesday and You before I recognized them as shows people have talked about and not some ChatGPT hallucinations.

Was night Agent one of them?

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Knight posted:

i am becoming increasingly convinced that Will Menaker's theory that these movies and shows are not being produced in this world but using some kind of dimension-spanning tech to pull them from other timelines.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

night agent was solidly mediocre. a more pro-cia, quibful, lib-fantasy version of the jack ryan show. oh no wait...im thinking about The Recruit....

night agent was solidly mediocre, another one of these weird shows that dont seem to understand how DC or the secrecy state works, yet wants to set their entire plot in that space. still lots of quibs

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF_J3-DmiS0

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

AnimeIsTrash posted:

just replace him with a white man and act like nothings changed

*Paul Rudd pointing at Paul Dano*

"That's him! That's same guy I fought in the Quantum Realm!"

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

They own the Simpsons, just have Kang step aside for his even ruffer and tuffer partner Kodos

(I don't know or care who Kang is)

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I hadn't considered it, but it'd be cool if streaming put the eyes of the West on African cinema like it did with Korea. Though Korea probably had a larger base level of attention to work from.

Isn't it functionally more like it has an entirely parallel scientific trajectory? Like, it's not the equivalent of an oil exporting economy like Saudi Arabia, but more like an oil-dependent diversified economy like that of the US.

Yeah, it relies on the extraction of one resource, but that resource is expressly not exported and whose very existence is kept a huge secret. This still leads to oligarchy, but in a different way.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

skooma512 posted:

Yeah, it relies on the extraction of one resource, but that resource is expressly not exported and whose very existence is kept a huge secret. This still leads to oligarchy, but in a different way.

In the comics, T'Challa sells the metal to fund projects but I don't know if that's been rebooted at this point.
:goonsay:

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Ted Wassanasong posted:

Was night Agent one of them?
lol no, I had legitimately never heard of it or seen it advertised but it looks like one of those shows Netflix got on budget and sits with a 7/10 on IMDB for all time with the only reviews being from the week it was released

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

loquacius posted:

They own the Simpsons, just have Kang step aside for his even ruffer and tuffer partner Kodos

(I don't know or care who Kang is)

They should replace him with Arnold Moss, the guy who played Kodos the Executioner in Star Trek.

There is a slight hitch in that he died in 1989 but these are just the challenges any modern production has to work around.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
kangs the little brain guy from turtles in time

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Eric Cantonese posted:

Wakanda's wealth and power comes from Vibranium. Does that mean it has the same economic challenges other commodity-dependent nations face?

its a comic book movie op

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

its a comic book movie op

You're a comic book movie.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Suspension of disbelief

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"ahh what are we gonna do, we might have to reset the continuity of our superhero film franchise, something that's never been done before!"

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Eric Cantonese posted:

Wakanda's wealth and power comes from Vibranium. Does that mean it has the same economic challenges other commodity-dependent nations face?

The Latverian Disease

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSIkYwTv8uE

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Al! posted:

I assumed that was him.

So couldn't the poo poo head actor guy just be replaced by any of these fine up coming actors then?:

dr_rat has issued a correction as of 22:25 on Dec 19, 2023

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Al! posted:

No that's his cousin, krang kang

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
KRANG KANG GANG

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
I bent the rules for the Spidermans movies but there's no way in hell I'm watching the Eternals. What the gently caress are the Eternals? I only know Kingo, and now Kang I suppose. Kingo punched Kang and knocked off his Kangol.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

skooma512 posted:

I bent the rules for the Spidermans movies but there's no way in hell I'm watching the Eternals. What the gently caress are the Eternals? I only know Kingo, and now Kang I suppose. Kingo punched Kang and knocked off his Kangol.

Eternals were created when Jack Kirby took too much acid one time in the 70s.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

Pussy Quipped posted:

As opposed to when he created Galactus after taking the correct amount of acid, I assume.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Pussy Quipped posted:

Eternals are just lifted straight from Chariots of the Gods because Kirby was into 70s race science