Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
It is pretty funny that the Bulls picking right now to get hot is actively killing whatever trade value they could get for Lavine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Duncan / KG / ???

Dirk but Duncan was a center so it’s really

Dirk / kg / Pau

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

soggybagel posted:

Timberwolves fans and wolves Brazil gonna go bonkers when the west starters have zero wolves.

Jokic, LeBron, Durant, Steph, Luka

I’m gonna go bonkers if Steph starts over sga

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

https://x.com/cjzero/status/1736921750531678550?s=20

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Papes posted:

Dirk but Duncan was a center so it’s really

Dirk / kg / Pau

this makes sense, I forgot about Pau

soggybagel posted:

Timberwolves fans and wolves Brazil gonna go bonkers when the west starters have zero wolves.

Jokic, LeBron, Durant, Steph, Luka

I'll probably only be annoyed if they leave off the three obvious all-stars on the team (KAT, Rudy, Naz Reid)

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
On the Pistons: I would have really liked to have kept Diallo, for all that he doesn't space the floor. He was one of the better defenders the team had, finishes at the basket (which is still, you know, a real important basketball skill, drat literally every moron who says otherwise), and generally deserves to be in this league more than Killian loving Hayes.

I maintain one of the big reasons that the US keeps underperforming in international competition is because we, as a nation, plum forgot how to play basketball.

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

https://twitter.com/WolvesRadio/status/1737237884950794521

bornbytheriver
Apr 23, 2010

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

He was hitting everything from the second quarter on. It's crazy how good he is.

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

DeimosRising posted:

what makes you feel this way apart from "being from minnesota"
I think the poor-to-middling first quarters are more representative of the team (or at least more within their control) than the dominant third quarters, and it reflects an ongoing lack of maturity - as one would expect when Ant is barely old enough to drink and Jaden isn't much older. I don't think Opponent 3P% is a purely random stat, but I do think they're getting some luck there on top of their earned success. Some of the opponent rest/injury luck applies too (even if as noted upthread, elite defense can earn you some opposing DNPs).

But mostly because 20-5 puts you on pace with the dynasty Warriors and the 2017 Rockets and I don't think this team is anywhere near that level.

soggybagel posted:

The biggest thing last year besides the injuries was it was always a key win against a team ahead of them and then a horrific loss to like, the pistons or blazers. So they were clawing their way to a play in chance. They’ve got a little bit of a buffer so they can hit a rough patch or two. Obviously you don’t want any rough patches. But that’s how it goes sometimes. Winning a lot of big matchups against teams in the west so far is huge
That they've been mostly dispensing with the mediocre teams - even if not totally cleanly - is the biggest thing that gives me hope the team will finish with mid50s wins. This team handles success and handles soft opponents so much better than prior teams, it's remarkable.

Azathoth posted:

Jordan McLaughlin

Lockback posted:

Jordan McLaughlin
JMac is the platonic ideal of a guy who helps your postseason run by stealing a few games for seeding but cannot under any circumstances leave the bench during a series. I love him, but he's the "break glass in case of emergency playing too cute" guy and nothing more.

Between NAW, Jaden, and Ant, Wolves can take a defensive liability at point (and Jordan, for all his flaws, does play high effort D to try and overcome his limitations). What they need off the bench is someone who can stop Ant and KAT's bad possession spirals. Slo Mo does a bit of it but he's consistently getting dorked out there. I think Ant is three or four years from consistently pulling himself out of it before the damage is done, but there's some light optimism for NAW continuing to develop that mindset this year. Allegedly that's Wendell Moore to a T, but I assume his lack of run isn't an oversight. I think the dream is Clark fills that role moving forward but that's next season at earliest.

Wolves really have 3 options if they're looking for a PG trade this year-

DLo trade exception ($3.6m) - Arcidiacono (NYK), Cory Joseph (GSW), etc
Shake + Wendell (~$7.4m, up to $9.7m if you add JMac, a bit less with minott etc) - Gary Payton II, Tre, Monte Morris, McConnell
Pain (Anderson+anyone previously mentioned): Tyus

I'm intrigued most by Arcidiacono but have zero memory of seeing him as a pro or a college guy.

Fake edit
I both can't and absolutely can believe he threw it given the game situation.

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Duncan / KG / ???

It’s Chris Webber everybody

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Carlos Boozer

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Shawn Marion, although he spent a lot of his career as a 3.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Paracaidas posted:

I both can't and absolutely can believe he threw it given the game situation.

The KAT/Rudy connection has been outstanding this year, it feels like they get a couple of these basically unguardable lobs each game.

Arpanets
Feb 27, 2012

I knew American dad sucked but I didn’t realize it was also washed.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Nope american dad rules

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Doltos posted:

Nope american dad rules

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/BYCTOM/status/1737291833367994798

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Paracaidas posted:

I'm intrigued most by Arcidiacono but have zero memory of seeing him as a pro or a college guy.

If he's a free pickup maybe but he is borderline NBA guy. McConnell would be interesting but I think they may be able to get what they need on the buyout market.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

we talkin' arcidiacono??????

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
The Archdeacon himself

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Has there ever been a Boston Celtics player from the cleveland area who played two years for the Celtics and 12 years overseas

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

arch? arcidicaono?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

oh gently caress, torrey craig is out for a few months
https://x.com/chicagobulls/status/1737251651331735632?s=20

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

R.D. Mangles posted:

arch? arcidicaono?
something something "'ey Blondie!!!" followed by extreme closeup shot of Jeremy Sochan eyes narrowing

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I'm pleased to report I got the one basketball question right at trivia tonight. The shortest member of the 1992 dream team is, in fact, John Stockton. I had to verbally beat the poo poo out of some jamoke that was insisting it was Isaiah.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
JA IS BACK LETS loving GO

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

ja intercepting an insanely tall entry pass to JV was so loving cool lmao

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Good thing Silver took Ja off the court for the crimes of umm and uhh

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Seeing the glimmer in his eye and knowing he wants to hit the Mikal celly

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm pleased to report I got the one basketball question right at trivia tonight. The shortest member of the 1992 dream team is, in fact, John Stockton. I had to verbally beat the poo poo out of some jamoke that was insisting it was Isaiah.
They're listed at the same height in the official records and Isiah talked about lying about his height to protect his draft status (although for all I know Stockton did the same)

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They're listed at the same height in the official records and Isiah talked about lying about his height to protect his draft status (although for all I know Stockton did the same)

Isiah famously wasn’t on the 1992 Dream Team. MJ conspired to keep him out.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Spring Break My Heart posted:

isaiah was very famously not on that team

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

he met the criteria

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

hell yeah

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
The script is in

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Equally pleased to report I did likewise last week by calling Arvydas Sabonis as the NBA player with the highest jump ball win% since 1997 which I probably would not have guessed if we weren't at a sports bar <5 miles from Moda Center

E: The top 5, btw:
Sabonis (72.7%)
Shaq
Big Z
Andre Drummond
:siren:Jerome James:siren: clearly worth that bag after all

rivetz fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Dec 20, 2023

Chronicles
Oct 24, 2013

R.D. Mangles posted:

we talkin' arcidiacono??????

the arch of dimes??