Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The CSA should give the Southern Alliance that one county land bridge they lack just to br nice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stumblebum
May 8, 2022

no, what you want to do is get somebody mad enough to give you a red title you're proud of
i like the white-washed black belt being a pair of separated exclaves enveloped by confederates

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
southern indiana and southern illinois would absolutely join the confederacy. southern illinois almost did the first time around

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

I do love a map that's willing to go county-level, but there's not nearly enough "contested territory" on the map.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Peanut President posted:

southern indiana and southern illinois would absolutely join the confederacy. southern illinois almost did the first time around

Indiana did the second time around oh ho ho :stat: :wal:

Zadok Allen
Oct 9, 2023

vyelkin posted:

it's the kind of setup you get when the filmmakers want to make a political movie without actually taking a political stance on anything, because having a political ideology underpinning your movie risks putting off half your potential ticket buyers

my guess based on the trailer alone is President Nick Offerman is just capital-E Evil for some reason and that sparks a civil war without really needing to dig into what circumstances could theoretically cause a civil war in the contemporary United States

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

when I was in jr high I went to school with a kid named Hardey and he got in a fight with another kid that always told him "your name is making me hungry"

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

the idea of someone scooping all the bread out of a bagel and it being anyone other than a jolly fat person doing it so they can fill it with cream cheese or something... to do this to make it more healthy instead of less healthy disgusts me

Let’s be clear: All bagels are great. (Except plain bagels—like...live a little for once.) But a chronic problem, as any regular bagel eater knows, is over cream-cheesing. There’s often an inch-thick layer of cream cheese between your slices of bagel, and it gets squeezed out on your first bite, covering your fingers and generally making a mess.

Does this person not realize you can like eat the two halves of a bagel? Have I been eating them wrong my entire life?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

spacemang_spliff posted:

when I was in jr high I went to school with a kid named Hardey and he got in a fight with another kid that always told him "your name is making me hungry"

Sure seems a thing worth fighting over lol

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Plain bagels are good in soup. They've got the density to not turn into a soggy mess like most breads, but don't gently caress up the flavor of the soup. Just tear them up into smaller chunks first.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

NA balkanisation maps that don't take canada and mexico into account are very funny to me

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

NA balkanisation maps that don't take canada and mexico into account are very funny to me

Klanada is absolutely hosed when america goes down

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

hoi 4 mod looking good

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

Stairmaster posted:

Klanada is absolutely hosed when america goes down

The city state of detroit will lay claim to all the farmland behind windsor

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Milo and POTUS posted:

The city state of detroit will lay claim to all the farmland behind windsor

What happens when the one bridge and one tunnel from Detroit into Windsor get blown up/blocked?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

we're not going to balkanize along state lines, obviously

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Relevant Tangent posted:

Kansas would be in the Hy-Vee zone. We don't have heb or whatever. We do have Kroger subsidiaries but they've lost power due to the soft power of Hy-Vee

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

War and Pieces posted:

Buffalo has no say over it's future status as a Michigan vassel

Rochester will fight to remain in the NYC sphere as a satellite state. Too many long island failchildren got shipped here when the patriarchs got tired of seeing their son's and daughters.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Rochester will fight to remain in the NYC sphere as a satellite state. Too many long island failchildren got shipped here when the patriarchs got tired of seeing their son's and daughters.

what happens is that they grow up on long island and wanna get away from their parents but they don't have the grades to go anywhere that isn't SUNY and thus end up at UB or U of R, on the other end of the state

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

Yet the state lines are still there.

Seriously, I've been seeing a weird uptick in balk maps recently and every time I'm thinking, "Why the gently caress are the old union lines still in place? You're telling me none of the balk states have ambitions beyond their union borders?"

Immersion loving broken.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

what happens is that they grow up on long island and wanna get away from their parents but they don't have the grades to go anywhere that isn't SUNY and thus end up at UB or U of R, on the other end of the state

my cousins all grew up on Long Island and the idea of leaving it to live somewhere else is basically NY Treason to them or something. just unthinkable.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
it is funny that all the worst people leave long island and thus give the rest of the world that everyone from long island is horrible (they are)

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
My experience is post-university cohort of 30something year old moms and dads who are honorbound to be summoned to whatever tropical timeshare the gramma's and grandpas dumped the family funds into.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
yeah they've got one of those too. it's in Aruba lmao.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Orvin posted:

What happens when the one bridge and one tunnel from Detroit into Windsor get blown up/blocked?

We're building a second bridge but if they blow that up too we'll use the secret tunnels only locals know about

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Is it even that long of an island

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

spacemang_spliff posted:

lol

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Orvin posted:

You think you can stop us from driving snowmobiles across the river?

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Speleothing posted:

You think you can stop us from driving snowmobiles across the river?

Probably not, but how well does that river actually freeze? Does it get cold enough, and/or is that river slow enough to fully freeze over? Seems like a lake shipping route would stay pretty open, and skipping a snowmobile across open water is kinda risky.

Plus this was all in relation to Detroit laying claim to farmland on the Windsor side. Not sure what anyone is going to be doing with that farmland in winter.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

projecthalaxy posted:

Is it even that long of an island

It's the 150th largest island in the world. It's definitely above average

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Orvin posted:

Probably not, but how well does that river actually freeze? Does it get cold enough, and/or is that river slow enough to fully freeze over? Seems like a lake shipping route would stay pretty open, and skipping a snowmobile across open water is kinda risky.

Plus this was all in relation to Detroit laying claim to farmland on the Windsor side. Not sure what anyone is going to be doing with that farmland in winter.

Lack of ice alone can not stop the snowmobile patrols from reaching the south shore. .

But the main point is that unless there is coordinated effort by armed forces to prevent cross-river movement, a government which seeks to control both sides of a waterway can easily do so. There isn't an East Egypt and a West Egypt split in two by an impassable river.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

The detroiters will be greeted as liberators

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Warmachine posted:

Yet the state lines are still there.

Seriously, I've been seeing a weird uptick in balk maps recently and every time I'm thinking, "Why the gently caress are the old union lines still in place? You're telling me none of the balk states have ambitions beyond their union borders?"

Immersion loving broken.

I suspect it's mostly ignorance
Idaho would break around Riggins and the two halves would be eternally at one another's throat but nobody who hasn't lived there understands that

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

pretty sure any state bordering Texas would never go into a union under them due to already having to deal with their drivers on the interstate

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

Mandoric
Mar 15, 2003

Lord of Pie posted:

pretty sure any state bordering Texas would never go into a union under them due to already having to deal with their drivers on the interstate

bro that's the entire i-95 corridor tho

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

this is woodlands culture erasure

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/GregAbbott_TX/status/1745638744365883630

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

How long until we get antipersonnel mines and machine gun nests placed at the border? I wouldn't put it past these ghouls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/BillMelugin_/status/1745630896202424469

:rubby: