Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Crisp chat tangent, but what's a decent bag of peanuts to buy these days?

I've gotten hooked on those sensations sweet chilli peanuts, but can only find them in Tesco.

The Tesco chilli peanuts come second after them.

I tried some flavoured KP nuts recently and they were mushy garbage, but I've not really seen many more nut varieties like you do crisps.

They don't have to be chilli flavoured, but the crispy coating ones are quite nice if there's more like them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I guess the Mail is marginally better than the Sun as it's more about getting people angry and horny while the Sun is there to make you angry and have inverted views on marginal tax rates.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Yes, it's not a valid criticism of the price of food (or housing, I can about manage a decent curry for about half that with bulk rice and peas, but that has no relevance either way as to whether I deserve shelter), it's just that their reaction to their predecessors going "you don't deserve a house if you have a DVD player" has been to either go in the semi-veiled

Jedit posted:

"a sinister trend for students not to want to flat share with Tory Leave voters"
or full tilt

direction.

Rather than blame the actual culprits of their tory hack predecessors making bank on all the housing while mocking the poor for doing anything other than huddling around a 3" cathode TV eating ryvita for decades.

So they still deserve the piss taking out of them for that.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kin posted:

Crisp chat tangent, but what's a decent bag of peanuts to buy these days?
Probably just the Tesco own brand sweet chilli coated ones. They're also way cheaper than any other place I've found.

The KP spicy chilli ones are a nice flavour but a bit soft and even more overpriced.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

imagine joining toilet paper uk when their international breakthrough was the diaper protest

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Seems the little shits will be named as of their sentencing in the new year https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/dec/21/teenagers-convicted-of-brianna-ghey-murder-can-be-named-judge-rules

Interesting hearing Brianna's mum talking about how she was mourning for the murderers who had ruined their own lives too until she saw how they didn't have a shred or remorse or sadness for what they did and now feels they need to be kept away from society for a while

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Jedit posted:

I took a brief gander and Gill is one of the slightly less poo poo ones. She's been very consistent at least in complaining about how sole home ownership is out of reach for her generation and wrote an article on the new trend of taking out joint mortgages with a friend saying that while it may have potential problems it's better than giving the money to landlords. It is of course all leavened with a healthy portion of "a sinister trend for students not to want to flat share with Tory Leave voters", as if not wanting to share a roof with a racist fascist moron is a bad thing, but she's close to actual self-awareness.

- Charlotte Gill writes for the Telegraph, the Guardian and the Daily Mail.

She’s a producer on GB News lol

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://x.com/vertigoem/status/1737775454851903606?s=46&t=ARI_L-v32Oind1-d9B3a3Q

lol Starmer.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

smellmycheese posted:

She’s a producer on GB News lol

The cognitive dissonance is unreal, isn't it?

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Charlotte Gill has definitely written at least one "why do people not want to gently caress me when I say I'm a Tory" articles before too.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Best chili nuts around my parts are these:

I like them because they aren't sweet.

grobbo
May 29, 2014
The Telegraph and Times now have multiple columnists exactly like Gill on-staff - these posh-totty young-adult Haw-Haws whose only job is to soothingly reassure an audience of older men over and over again that actually, young people are all feckless, over-sensitive and headed in entirely the wrong direction and we shouldn't listen to anything they have to say.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Even the original image looks AI generated

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Tesseraction posted:

Interesting hearing Brianna's mum talking about how she was mourning for the murderers who had ruined their own lives too until she saw how they didn't have a shred or remorse or sadness for what they did and now feels they need to be kept away from society for a while
I got the vibe she was more sorry for the murderers parents 'having also lost a child;' a sympathy for another parent sort of thing.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Important to remember your poo poo arse Tory Gills. There’s Charlotte who produces GB News and then moans about how poo poo her life is. And then there’s Flora , daughter of AA and Amber Rudd, who writes posh Toff bollocks for the Times

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

smellmycheese posted:

poo poo arse Tory Gills
The post-Brexit unit of volume system.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Amber Rudd shagged a breakdown truck?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Isn't Charlotte Gill a literal Tufton Street shill?

I seem to remember her name associated with various anti-green climate stuff

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Tigey posted:

Even the original image looks AI generated
the original human looks and acts AI generated

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

OwlFancier posted:

Amber Rudd shagged a breakdown truck?
this will just about fit in the TMNT rhythm but it’s not ideal

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
AA Gill the creator of Winnie the Pooh

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Remember the rhyme…

When it comes to Gills
Both are Tory shills
But For poo poo opinions on TV -
Then whinging Charlotte it must be
Father wrote lovely restaurant reviews?
Then Amber Rudd’s kid Flora
Is the one you choose.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

TACD posted:

this will just about fit in the TMNT rhythm but it’s not ideal
Amber hosed a yellow tow truck
Amber hosed a yellow tow truck
Tories hosed the country
Still in power!

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I drank three gills of Jameson's
On Christmas Day, on Christmas Day;
Then drove into a cycle-ist
On Christmas Day in the morning.

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010
It’s a date wrapped in bacon you loving lunatics; and it’s better than a pig in blanket. I said what I said.

E: @Kin it’s KP honey roasted or salt and pepper cashews from I can’t remember who. Tho any cashew is going to beat pretty much any other nut. Other than macadamia but if you can afford to just munch macadamias then you’re probably too rich to be welcome here.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

His Divine Shadow posted:

Best chili nuts around my parts

OK that's great, but which ones do you like to eat

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Why ruin a prefectly good date by wrapping in in bacon?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

keep punching joe posted:

Why ruin a prefectly good date by wrapping in in bacon?

i take all my dates to the long bacon store

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Turkey bacon wrapped around goat cheese and date is loving Big

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I prefer bacon on the softer side so pigs in blankets is too dry for me. I'd rather have soft sossies and soft bacon separately

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

I can smell Boar Taint so about 50% of the time that someone is cooking bacon or other pork products it makes me incredibly nauseous.

Christmas is the worst as people love their bacon on the turkey and a joint of gammon - which is often rife with it and releases a foul, pungent stench that persists all day - so much so even the sight of gammon makes me feel ill nowdays.

Which is another reason I no longer watch Question Time.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Stop sniffing it's taint you freakin perv.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

maybe it's you that reeks op, try showering sometime

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Stop sniffing it's taint you freakin perv.
How else are you going to join those Oxbridge dining clubs?

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Guavanaut posted:

How else are you going to join those Oxbridge dining clubs?

Burning money in front of homeless people also used to count.

Though I imagine its more stringent now and you actually have to burn the homeless.

grobbo
May 29, 2014

AA Gill the creator of Winnie the Pooh

Giles Coren: well-connected media family and public school upbringing, made a career out of sneery restaurant reviews with literary pretensions, devotes column inches to blatant anti-black racism, likes to joke about shagging kids, won the Bad Sex in Fiction Award, made an internet alt so he could be offensive without anyone knowing
Rod Liddle: devotes column inches to blatant anti-black racism, likes to joke about shagging kids, made an internet alt so he could be offensive without anyone knowing, left his wife for a younger journalist, assaulted that same journalist while she was pregnant
AA Gill: well-connected media family and public school upbringing, made a career out of sneery restaurant reviews with literary pretensions, won the Bad Sex in Fiction Award, left his wife for a younger journalist, shot a chimp just to watch it die

There's a powerful Venn diagram of Fleet Street tossers here but I don't want to make it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

grobbo posted:

AA Gill: well-connected media family and public school upbringing, made a career out of sneery restaurant reviews with literary pretensions, won the Bad Sex in Fiction Award, left his wife for a younger journalist, shot a chimp just to watch it die

Had forgotten about this, what a oval office.

Gill and PJ O Rourke are the two people I think of for "Cunts Who Have Written Things That Amused Me"

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Failed Imagineer posted:

Gill and PJ O Rourke are the two people I think of for "Cunts Who Have Written Things That Amused Me"

Michael Winner's restaurant reviews fall under this umbrella for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

grobbo posted:

Rod Liddle: devotes column inches to blatant anti-black racism, likes to joke about shagging kids

Naive of you to think that he was joking.