Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
COSTCO!!!
PBUC
Executive Member
I make terrible financial decisions here.
BRING BACK THE COMBO SLICE
505 Club
Death To Sams Club
Goku waiting in extremely long gas line.
View Results

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Either way spitting at work is fuckin gross especially in front of other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graventy
Jul 28, 2006

Fun Shoe
I guess I would prefer if the staff at church weren't absolute dickheads over nothing, so gently caress that guy.

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved
Is there a limit to how many Costco gift cards you can use on a single order?

Edit: online order

Triikan fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 21, 2023

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Buying a thousand $1 Costco gift cards and buying a refrigerator on the Internet

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

MarcusSA posted:

Either way spitting at work is fuckin gross especially in front of other people.

Guy should definitely be written up if not fired for spitting in a store in front of other customers. That's gross and disgusting. Let alone just to try and aggravate someone wearing a mask.

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

digital penitence posted:

Guy should definitely be written up if not fired for spitting in a store in front of other customers. That's gross and disgusting. Let alone just to try and aggravate someone wearing a mask.

Within arm's reach of someone handling their food

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
As a mask wearer due to my brother's chemo I thank you for going to management.

Don't think you should look for a confrontation if it's repeated, rather different management at Costco FOR SURE.

This is a great thread let's leave it there

Yes I am attempting to backseat mod, humor an old lady :haw:

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

bird with big dick posted:

Costco prime ribeye for dinner tonight delicious!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Triikan
Feb 23, 2007
Most Loved

Soul Dentist posted:

Buying a thousand $1 Costco gift cards and buying a refrigerator on the Internet

It is for a refrigerator, you’ve got me pretty much pegged.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Time for some Costco & Sprouts sourced chili boys

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
As summoned thank god

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Shaken in my faith in the church. Scheduled an appointment a week in advance for tpms sensors at the tire dept as mine started flashing on the console for tires installed last year (interestingly I only got tires because of the tpms sensors flashing and they did a "maintenance pack" on them whatever that is). Guy scheduling was super cool. Arrive and they take the car and an hour and a half later tell me the tpms sensors are flashing and they dont have any in stock to replace so I would have to schedule an appointment to come back in. During this time they rotated and filled the nitrogen in the tires (things not asked) then decided to call. What the what?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
The tire center at church is awful and I’ll never go there again after my last time buying tires there

kreeningsons
Jan 2, 2007

It’s a good idea to wear a mask at Costco. I wish more physically able people would, so that even with my own mask on, the store would be safer for the previous posters or posters like me who have a chronically ill partner who can’t risk getting any sicker, and because of the aforementioned partner, can’t really afford to order everything delivered.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

I find the degreaser spray really improves the texture of the finished product

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Summer sausage in chili? That... that could be brilliant.

The 1:1 meat to onion ratio is a bit odd but I'm sure it's great.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Reverse the amounts of onions and garlic

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Double the garlic to catch up to the onions

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

Quiet Feet posted:

Reverse the amounts of onions and garlic

Mussolini's Garlic Chili

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Please write us a comic about it.

Quixzlizx
Jan 7, 2007
You shouldn't be using canned corn/green beans over frozen unless you live somewhere without electricity.

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

The tire center at church is awful and I’ll never go there again after my last time buying tires there

What happened? Is buying tires there not a good idea?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Whenever I'm at Costco the tire center people are stuck working the registers and that's kind of a red flag if you ask me

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Quixzlizx posted:

You shouldn't be using canned corn/green beans over frozen unless you live somewhere without electricity.

Even then, there are canned vegetables that hold up slightly better, and of those only tomatoes belong in chili

E: I guess beans too if you want

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

digital penitence posted:

What happened? Is buying tires there not a good idea?

I special ordered some tires for my car because it was a really good deal. It gets shipped to store and you make an appointment to go get them installed. I make an appointment, get the notification that they are delivered, everything’s good. I get to the store and they are like oh your tires aren’t here, I ask for the manager and ask them to double check. He says they aren’t there, I need to come back. I tell him I got the shipping notification and show it to him and he just kind of shrugs at me and says it must be wrong. I scrolled down a little on the delivery confirmation and saw who signed for it, it was literally the tech that is standing right next to him as we are having the conversation. I show him the signature and he continues stonewalling me. He says they have the model in stock and that I can buy them and then they can refund me when mine come in, and I’m like they’re special order the only reason you’d have them is that you guys scanned them in but didn’t mark them as mine. I insisted I wasn’t going to buy the tires that I already paid for and that I’m going to go talk to the store manager. I know her because I worked at church a while ago and am fb friends with her, but I didn’t throw that in his face or anything.

Finally, he walks into the back for a little bit after I say I’m going to talk to the store manager and then comes out with a label with my name on it that was attached to the tires and they just didn’t scan them in as mine. This whole argument took nearly 20 minutes and he could’ve just gone and looked but instead tried to just get me to leave. He says they’ll rush to get everything installed for the inconvenience and apologizes, whatever. I go with my buddy who is with me to go get a hot dog and calm down.

They call me pretty quickly and tell me that they’re done so my buddy jets and I go to look at the tires. Two of them are dead flat in the parking lot, so I walk over and tell them and they start freaking out then pull the car in to inspect it and fixed it.

Just overall a really aggravating experience. I’d been going to Discount Tire for about a decade prior to that for my tires and I’ll be going back to them when these ones are done.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Summer sausage in chili? That... that could be brilliant.

The 1:1 meat to onion ratio is a bit odd but I'm sure it's great.

The cat food is very choice as well, our cats thoroughly enjoy it, so i imagine it will add a earthy balance to the chili in question.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Whatever happened with the costco pesto? It used to be amazing but I haven't seen it sold in a pretty long time.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
Question about listed TV prices online and how long they're good for. A couple TVs we're considering both say "Price valid through 12/31/23”. The price isn't door buster amazing or anything--it's the same as Best Buy etc but with a better warranty. Now that I look, it seems like all TVs on the website have the same, but with various different dates.

We're not able to get the TV before mid January at the earliest. Do those dates necessarily mean the price will go up (or product not be in stock) soon, or is that just typical boilerplate they put on all appliances regardless of planned price increases?

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Tl;Dr mate

Lord Zedd-Repulsa
Jul 21, 2007

Devour a good book.

incogneato posted:

We're not able to get the TV before mid January at the earliest. Do those dates necessarily mean the price will go up (or product not be in stock) soon, or is that just typical boilerplate they put on all appliances regardless of planned price increases?

The prices will almost certainly increase on January 1. By how much? I have no clue.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

pentyne posted:

Whatever happened with the costco pesto? It used to be amazing but I haven't seen it sold in a pretty long time.

they changed the recipe at some point and it got shittier. maybe enough people stopped buying it after that that they just took it off the shelves altogether

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Better hope trump wins or that TV your thinking about will cost more
:dafuq:

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Anne Whateley posted:

He’s already been talked to, and he’s getting talked to again by higher-ups. The question is should you arrange your schedule around going back to hold an rear end in a top hat accountable to the public without violence

We're talking 'bout the perpetual steal that is the tub of Adams peanutbutter, love, but I have time and the inclination

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
Today a goon will finally enforce the public will in a feat of "non-violent" vengeance. Like MLK Jr. and Malcolm X rolled into one thank you for your service :patriot:

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

Soul Dentist posted:

Today a goon will finally enforce the public will in a feat of "non-violent" vengeance. Like MLK Jr. and Malcolm X rolled into one thank you for your service :patriot:

It's so cringe, I know. But we all want it. And by that I mean the sockeye salmon frozen dealy's for $11/lb I'm on that. Salmon burgers aioli red onion lettuce tomatoes.

My Dad Nintendo fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Dec 22, 2023

My Dad Nintendo
Oct 7, 2005

okok I know, blind eyes eventually. I left it in the river

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009
We gotta sic this guy on the third party vendors iykwim

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

No those vendors are too strong, their power can't be matched, better to just go to Sam's club

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Tiny Timbs posted:

Double the garlic to catch up to the onions

Fixed for every recipe ever

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

Just overall a really aggravating experience. I’d been going to Discount Tire for about a decade prior to that for my tires and I’ll be going back to them when these ones are done.

Do you have a Les Schwab Tire near you? I'm from Canada, and I got a flat in Oregon once and the Les Schwab guys fixed it for free and didn't even let me try and give them $20 just for helping me out. Like, I left them $20 on the counter and the guy came out and said "you forgot this!" And tossed my $20 to me through my window as I was pulling out of the parking lot.

Best experience with a Tire shop I've ever had. I'll never get a chance to shop there again, but hell if I won't sing their praises to my American friends any time I can.

Fatrick fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Dec 22, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

pentyne posted:

It's still there. Bought some last week

Just put a spoonful on top of some ricotta and prosciutto, all from Costco. A+ incredible, would eat again

Renegret fucked around with this message at 16:42 on Dec 22, 2023