Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
k but just a disclaimer like "this dude is a chud so if you dont want to support their poo poo because they loving suck" isnt like a signal to hey lets just argue about politics. its more of a courtesy in my opinion but ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Motronic posted:

Discussing inane politics in a car forum is in fact annoying.

So what's stopping you from honoring your own request?

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

k but just a disclaimer like "this dude is a chud so if you dont want to support their poo poo because they loving suck" isnt like a signal to hey lets just argue about politics. its more of a courtesy in my opinion but ok.

Everyone knows exactly why some people get all boomer huffy when things like this come up. You know it, I know it, they know it.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Keep the Nazis out of AI thanks. Keep outing them.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

KakerMix posted:

Everyone knows exactly why some people get all boomer huffy when things like this come up. You know it, I know it, they know it.

:hmmyes:

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
gently caress Supporting Nazis and gently caress this derail. There's a dedicated thread here for discussing chuds.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
awesome car poo poo. I discovered in my stupid small town in nowhere michigan one of the best JDM dealerships ive ever seen that has some good poo poo.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

Circa Thanksgiving, 2023

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
wow

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

TehRedWheelbarrow posted:

awesome car poo poo. I discovered in my stupid small town in nowhere michigan one of the best JDM dealerships ive ever seen that has some good poo poo.

I don't want you to doxx yourself but also being in Michigan I'm real curious. Pm?

E: googled and goddamn those prices seem insane (if it's even the same place)

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 23, 2023

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Suburban Dad posted:

I don't want you to doxx yourself but also being in Michigan I'm real curious. Pm?

Second

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Those stripes are choice. I'd rip the camper shell off and drive the beans off of it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

I wish they still made small trucks like this.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Don't think I got around to posting these.
Went to Japan earlier in the month.
In the Ginza Nissan showroom: (got a better picture on my proper camera but haven't sorted through those photos yet)

Went to a big box store that also sold cars. Sat in a bunch of them, including these cool and good Jimnys. It's hilarious how you can rock them back and forth from sitting inside them.

This Crown was slick as hell. Blurred the guy's face because, while I'm not saying he's yakuza, I'm also not saying he's not yakuza.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010

KakerMix posted:

Circa Thanksgiving, 2023

Judging from that OBX plate, he lives somewhere between Carvoa and Ocracoke. I'd also like to know how the salt hasn't eaten that thing up.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

KakerMix posted:

Circa Thanksgiving, 2023

I'm not convinced this isn't a new Grand Theft Auto screenshot

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Can't decide if this is Awesome but certainly AI: a collection of random and definitely depreciated supercars outside some derelict lakeside cabins. Stored along the road, under trees, out in the grass/dirt, some covered others not. In a different year, there would be 12" of snow on the ground and the road would be just caked in salt brine. It's not a collection of dudes on an Air BNB weekend... and lands squarely in "not my business" territory, but WTF is going on here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xEbZTjUScg

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Owns. Vans >>>>> trucks.

https://twitter.com/jcorriv35/status/1738887865126236313?t=P_6U_HxPYJ09kITuQujbeQ&s=19

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

Motronic posted:

Take it to some political slapfight subforum I'll never read. Thanks.

If you defend a guy who is:

Pro Brexit, a far right anti immigrant action which has caused massive damage in the UK socially and economically

COVID denialist

And a defender of Kyle Rittenhouse, a man who travelled to a protest with a machine gun intending to murder black people for fun, and then proceeded to do so

I'm going to assume you fully support these things too. Nice work facsist, follow your leader

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

CaptainTofu posted:

Pro Brexit, a far right anti immigrant action which has caused massive damage in the UK socially and economically

COVID denialist

And a defender of Kyle Rittenhouse, a man who travelled to a protest with a machine gun intending to murder black people for fun, and then proceeded to do so

I'm going to assume you fully support these things too. Nice work facsist, follow your leader

Buddy we already know one of Nick-or-Richard-I-can't-tell-them-apart has Bad Opinions. They don't come out on the youtube videos. This isn't the thread for making specious comparisons between British auto mechanics and famous midcentury fascists. This also isn't the thread to tell other forum users to kill themselves.

Edit: here it is https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4006636&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Safety Dance fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Dec 24, 2023

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

There is never a bad time or place to call out the fash, and I will gladly accept any consequences for doing so.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

CaptainTofu posted:

There is never a bad time or place to call out the fash, and I will gladly accept any consequences for doing so.
Motronic may be cantankerous, but pretty sure he's not fash.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 24, 2023

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

CaptainTofu posted:

That's not what you're doing, though. You're being an edgelord and telling people you disagree with to go kill themselves. Do you understand how that's different?

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

CaptainTofu posted:

"Defending" is not what I got out of that. At all.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
The IK stepped in and said enough earlier.

Enough. Post awesome car poo poo.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

Mechatronik makes the most awesome restomod Benzes.

https://hogoshatofu.ca/wp-content/uploads/2023/12/wp-1703446394905.mp4

https://www.mechatronik.de/
https://konfigurator.mechatronik.de/#/cars

McTinkerson fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 24, 2023

CaptainTofu
Jun 1, 2021

I will acknowledge I went too far with my last comment, and I apologise for it.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

gently caress fash and hand-wringers tho for real.

https://twitter.com/kohei_nishinoke/status/1733803759984353669?t=XC-fsFwknvH7bdaQONtDYg&s=19

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

MotorTrend opened up all their digital issues for free for 75 years...hopefully I'm not late to the party on posting this. I basically created a simple account and was able to access.

https://www.motortrend.com/plus/magazines/motor-trend/8469

With that said, I enjoy history...warts and all...and it is fun to take a spin back in time and look up your childhood favorites, read the reviews, pricing, advertisements, etc. A time capsule.

Lots of good stuff. And of course, bad stuff depending on which year you read/skim through.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

When I was younger I was more of a Car and Driver guy (I seem to recall them publishing a letter to the editor from me) but this kind of thing is totally my jam. I love looking back at old stuff, including the ads.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Colostomy Bag posted:

MotorTrend opened up all their digital issues for free for 75 years...hopefully I'm not late to the party on posting this. I basically created a simple account and was able to access.

https://www.motortrend.com/plus/magazines/motor-trend/8469

With that said, I enjoy history...warts and all...and it is fun to take a spin back in time and look up your childhood favorites, read the reviews, pricing, advertisements, etc. A time capsule.

Lots of good stuff. And of course, bad stuff depending on which year you read/skim through.

Replied to this in the chat thread, but for those that don't read there - it's not just Motor Trend - it's ALL of Motor Trend's publishers car mags, including Hot Rod, Car Craft, Street Rodder, etc.!

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

slidebite posted:

When I was younger I was more of a Car and Driver guy (I seem to recall them publishing a letter to the editor from me) but this kind of thing is totally my jam. I love looking back at old stuff, including the ads.

I liked Automobile.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Darchangel posted:

I liked Automobile.

I like automobiles too.

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

Darchangel posted:

Replied to this in the chat thread, but for those that don't read there - it's not just Motor Trend - it's ALL of Motor Trend's publishers car mags, including Hot Rod, Car Craft, Street Rodder, etc.!

Oh man, Freiburger-era Car Craft set the course for everything car related in my life. I am going to spend so much time going back through those issues.

EDIT: They don't have any Car Craft prior to 2008. How dare you Motortrend.

WTFBEES fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 26, 2023

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

WTFBEES posted:

Oh man, Freiburger-era Car Craft set the course for everything car related in my life. I am going to spend so much time going back through those issues.

For some reason I cannot stand Freiburger. I appreciate and respect him of what he does and what he has done...and the shows he is on and brought forward...but man something about him just irritates me.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

WTFBEES posted:

Aw, I missed that. Was only looking at the list of mags available.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

slidebite posted:

I never really dug Car And Driver, was more of a Road & Track guy. Think I also had a sub to Motor Trend at some point.

This is like the Mad, Cracked, and Crazy of the auto world.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Die-hard Motor Trend reader since my parents put an issue in my Christmas stocking when I was like 10, until I dropped it when I went to college. Years later I almost re-subbed but for some reason went to Automobile instead and stuck with that till I couldn't stomach receiving anything printed in the mail anymore. I always thought it had a cool irreverent tone that was a nice contrast to (what I vaguely perceived as) MT's self-importance and Jean Jennings was always hilarious fun to read.

All of which is to say it's the 80s issues of MT that I will be digging through to try to relive their fanciful tales of a sharp-edged concept car future yet to come

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
On my bookshelf, for obvious reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

WTFBEES posted:

Same deal with Super Chevy, I was hoping to find an old article about Corvette devolopment mules from an issue in the early 90's. Maybe it's still a work in progress.