Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Don’t forget to vote for the 2024 Bracketology field. And have a happy and safe Christmas.

Vote for our Bracketology '24 Field of 64 until 12 noon EST Dec 26th!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Finished Lockdown Tower. Absolute misery. Reminded me of Aniara, but even more bleak.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Opopanax posted:

Just go full Wes Craven and have it be a Ghost Face trying to kill kiss Matthew Lillard

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

although not strictly horror (metaphysical horror maybe?) I watched Nicholas Cage's most recent film, "Dream Scenario" yesterday. definitely some spooky bits though.

I think it's one of the funniest films of the year and Cage's best work since Pig

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Finished Saltburn. :rubby: I love

Also lol fair warning that if you hated Promising Young Woman's ending or thought it was a bit uhhhh, that feeling definitely won't go away with this ending. Now I get why my critic friend leaving a screening last month only texted back "it wasn't a meme that some people misinterpreted Parasite" when I asked what he thought

1000 Sweaty Rikers
Oct 13, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Finished Saltburn. :rubby: I love

watched this today - crazy and bonkers, but in a good way

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Gonna watch It's A Wonderful Knife and I've seen Better Watch Out; anyone have other recs for Christmas horror that isn't about the Krampus/evil Santa/evil Elf/other evil Christmas mascot? I count Silent Night Deadly Night as an evil Santa movie.

Argue fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Dec 24, 2023

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Argue posted:

Gonna watch It's A Wonderful Knife and I've seen Better Watch Out; anyone have other recs for Christmas horror that isn't about the Krampus/evil Santa/evil Elf/other evil Christmas mascot? I count Silent Night Deadly Night as an evil Santa movie.

Black Christmas
Anna and the Apocalypse
The Lodge
The Leech

It's an evil-dressed-as-Santa film so I know it doesn't count, but Dial Code Santa Claus is also the best and deserves mention this time of year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9TUUgwbQ5U

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Thread title got me thinking of an Invisible Man / The Happening cinematic universe.

Get on that, Hollywood.

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Chris James 2 posted:

Black Christmas (1975)
ftfy

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Argue posted:

To All A Good Night
P2
ATM
The Lodge
The Sacrifice Game

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Watched There’s Something in the Barn last night, a recently released Christmas comedy/horror film starring Martin Starr. I hadn’t even heard of it, and it turns out that’s for a good reason - it’s lousy. The humor is weak and made worse by poor line delivery, and the elves are pretty lame.

Just throwing that out there in case anyone anyone else comes across it - not worth your time IMO

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Argue posted:

The Day of the Beast (1995) is my new favorite Christmas horror movie after seeing it for the first time a year or two ago.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

gey muckle mowser posted:

The Day of the Beast (1995) is my new favorite Christmas horror movie after seeing it for the first time a year or two ago.

Hell yeah

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

gey muckle mowser posted:

Watched There’s Something in the Barn last night, a recently released Christmas comedy/horror film starring Martin Starr. I hadn’t even heard of it, and it turns out that’s for a good reason - it’s lousy. The humor is weak and made worse by poor line delivery, and the elves are pretty lame.

Just throwing that out there in case anyone anyone else comes across it - not worth your time IMO

Tom Waits just saw that title was already taken and threw his lyrics book across the room.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
Trancers is a good Christmas movie.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Crescent Wrench posted:

Tom Waits just saw that title was already taken and threw his lyrics book across the room.

See now if they'd hired Waits to do a credits rap, that would have been worth it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oldboy 4K on Netflix

https://twitter.com/neonrated/status/1738997975513223384?s=20

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Opopanax posted:

See now if they'd hired Waits to do a credits rap, that would have been worth it

Tom Waits slashers are so predictable, the killer is always a mule.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

Crescent Wrench posted:

Tom Waits slashers are so predictable, the killer is always a mule.

There are the titular variations though.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Amazing.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

off with his gingerhead!

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

this is great

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Hail Piemon!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Lmao

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Dragonshirt
Oct 28, 2010

a sight for sore eyes
Goddamn Adult Swim Yule Log will stay a tradition in this Tulsa household. Outstanding. visceral. Topical.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

witches?

Buglord

Dragonshirt posted:

Goddamn Adult Swim Yule Log will stay a tradition in this Tulsa household. Outstanding. visceral. Topical.

I almost skipped that because I assumed from the title that it was a gimmick video or something, but it’s a whole-rear end horror movie. Absolutely weird as hell, not sure how much I actually liked it but it’s certainly something to experience.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmfao

M_Sinistrari
Sep 5, 2008

Do you like scary movies?

Philthy posted:

this is great

I've seen ones of the Evil Dead cabin, the Overlook hotel and the Munsters house.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Are they official, I’ll buy them if so

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kvlt!
May 19, 2012

not sure why they cropped me out of the photo

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004