Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

Who told you my head was on backward?

Hoo? Hoo!

Who's head goes all the way around
Who's head goes all the way around
WHOS HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
Who wears a graduation cap?

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'm horrified that was 5 years ago, but I'm so glad someone else remembers that insanity. Its so good.

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
My cat has been painfully needy while our husband is out of town. It's pretty cute; she's been on a mean streak the past week or so, but when our husband is gone she allows me to be her human and hangs out with me even when the dog is nearby (she hates my dumb pug who's terrified of her) and chirps at me for pets and then doesn't even turn around and swipe at me.

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

i got my cat a new paper bag for christmas

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
My brother is over for the night and lil buddy is right spooped. Hiding in the closet :(

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Pushka went on her second outing in the little space capsule, and seems to be ok with it. Didn't struggle when we were putting her in it at all and was once again very content to look around, seemed very interested in looking at the birds in the parkland and sniffing all of the unfamiliar smells, and only got a little bit antsy when we passed another cat.

Passed a bunch of people who were quite bemused to see one of these, and were amazed that such an old kitty (she's 18 this year) looks so bright and placid.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Ate a potato chip. Had to wave it in front of his face for a bit because he's old and has vision problems.

HellOnEarth
Nov 7, 2005

Now that's good jerky!
We are visiting my parents for the holidays. Pazuzu followed my dad into the storage room at 6:30am and got trapped while I was asleep. Cue me waking up an hour and a half later with her nowhere in sight (which has never happened ever since I got her) and when I finally check the storage room, she doesn’t make a peep until I’m calling her name into another room.

So she starts wailing at the top of her lungs like both her legs are broken and I finally see her and she, despite being not remotely trapped or hurt and just sitting under a chai keeps crying until I pick her up and carry her out.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Anytime I start playing a game he

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific
Caught my cat rubbing her face all over the dog toys. Toys of the dog she hates. :3:

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

Roleplaying Dad posted:

Caught my cat rubbing her face all over the dog toys. Toys of the dog she hates. :3:

She's marking them as her toys, because she hates the dog and wants to deprive him of his toys. :3:

Roleplaying Dad
Jan 23, 2005

Invisibilityrific

Powerful Katrinka posted:

She's marking them as her toys, because she hates the dog and wants to deprive him of his toys. :3:

Lol cat smell will never overpower dog smell; surely she knows this.

...Except for cat pee.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

We've got my sister's new kitten staying with us for a week over Christmas and he is THE SWEETEST. The most loving little thing I've ever seen. He loves people so much that he regularly only gets a bite or two into his breakfast before he has to come back for more cuddles. He has the cutest little chirrups and squeaks to say hello to you when you walk in the room. He gazes into my eyes when he's lying down next to me. He's fallen asleep in my arms multiple times. And when he wakes up, my god, his ENERGY. I've never dealt with a kitten before but I've heard how energetic they can be and it was not oversold, he's pinging off the walls here. Playtime is a long time, and I end up far more tired from standing there waving a stick with a fluffy thing on the end around than he does from zooming back and forth across the room.

Anyway I just came in to hang out with him and I found that he'd dropped his toy rat in his water bowl. Silly boy.

E: he's currently staring at the ghosts and chirping in frustration that they're non corporeal

Dabir fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Dec 24, 2023

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

We had to give my younger cat some bows so that he would stop attacking the Christmas presents

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Roleplaying Dad posted:

cats are so funny when they pretend to hate someone for the look of the thing

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

Dabir posted:

We've got my sister's new kitten staying with us for a week over Christmas and he is THE SWEETEST. The most loving little thing I've ever seen. He loves people so much that he regularly only gets a bite or two into his breakfast before he has to come back for more cuddles. He has the cutest little chirrups and squeaks to say hello to you when you walk in the room. He gazes into my eyes when he's lying down next to me. He's fallen asleep in my arms multiple times. And when he wakes up, my god, his ENERGY. I've never dealt with a kitten before but I've heard how energetic they can be and it was not oversold, he's pinging off the walls here. Playtime is a long time, and I end up far more tired from standing there waving a stick with a fluffy thing on the end around than he does from zooming back and forth across the room.

Anyway I just came in to hang out with him and I found that he'd dropped his toy rat in his water bowl. Silly boy.

E: he's currently staring at the ghosts and chirping in frustration that they're non corporeal

post the cat

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
My wife's cleaning off the bookshelves so I put my cat on the highest one and he did the rampant pose

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
Heraldic Beaftie-rear end cat

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

wesleywillis posted:

post the cat

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Happy holidays, cats and cat enjoyers.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

He was praised in song and given treats for being adorable, and tried to attack me.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Happy holidays, cats and cat enjoyers.

same

e: cool pillow

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Powerful Katrinka posted:

He was praised in song and given treats for being adorable, and tried to attack me.

Whether a cat or a god, tale as old as time.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

Anyone have a cat that will follow commands? My wee one will come if you make a clicking noise and tap your fingers together. She also has sat for me when I asked her to sit, not sure if she learned that one from the dog. I'm kind of curious if she is able to replicate that behavior.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

awww I've got a tuxie too. They're the sweetest lil goobies

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone have a cat that will follow commands?

If what you meant to say is Anyone follow the cat's commands?, then yes.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

RC and Moon Pie posted:

If what you meant to say is Anyone follow the cat's commands?, then yes.

The other one trained me right up. I tried moving her food dish to a better location for us (on top of the washer, easier to clean). But she couldn't see us from there, and so she refused to eat her food. After a couple days of her appearing in her usual spot, I caved and gave her the food in the original place.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Anderson Koopa posted:

Anyone have a cat that will follow commands? My wee one will come if you make a clicking noise and tap your fingers together. She also has sat for me when I asked her to sit, not sure if she learned that one from the dog. I'm kind of curious if she is able to replicate that behavior.

Our 16yo girl can sit on command, and she'll argue if you tell her DOWN or OUT but she'll do it eventually.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

My sister's cat rbf since i'm there for christmas

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Anderson Koopa posted:

No but I’ve made requests of my cat and she’s followed them when she feels inclined.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

My aunt and uncle stopped by, so he got to meet them. After determining they didn't have treats for him he went back to bed.

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

i gave my cat some blue buffalo wet food for xmas the duck variety shes super excited :)

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"
Ate a can of Turkey-based cat food for Christmas dinner and passed out in front of the fan for several hours.

The humidity is like, 89%, so it was a good call on her part.

drk
Jan 16, 2005
taking a rest because she was outside for like 10 minutes in the 55F weather

pencilhands
Aug 20, 2022

drk posted:

taking a rest because she was outside for like 10 minutes in the 55F weather

twinnies!

drk
Jan 16, 2005
cat 2. warmth-absorbing lap mode

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My cat has decided to go into apex predator mode. For the last few days he's been catching mice, bringing them inside and then losing them as he drops them to play with his food. We now have a family of mice huddled somewhere in the house, shivering in fear of that cat.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Darth Brooks posted:

My cat has decided to go into apex predator mode. For the last few days he's been catching mice, bringing them inside and then losing them as he drops them to play with his food. We now have a family of mice huddled somewhere in the house, shivering in fear of that cat.

You just let the cat bring mice inside?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

He meows, I open the door. It's not always obvious that the animal at my feet is holding a mouse in his jaws. Also, once the door is open there's no easy way of stopping him from coming in. This also happens late at night when most of the lights are out.