Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

freeedr posted:

At the clinic we rinse out earwax with a little spray nozzle using warm water with alcohol and hydrogen peroxide. We constantly see people that have hosed up their ears with Q-tips and still inexplicably think that following advice for not putting q-tips in your ears is for nerds.

It’s very stupid to smash a cotton swab down your ear canal like you’re tamping a goddamn cannon with a rammer. Yes, I’m talking to you.
yeah if I think my ears need cleaning, I'll just go to the urgent care clinic(or ask while I am there for something else) and have someone flush them out and get the buildup out rather than try myself. Debrox doesn't work for me so it's my best option. Better to let a professional handle it than try to handle it blindly myself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

freeedr posted:

Yes, I’m talking to you.

Sorry you'll have to speak up I can't hear you. I think there is a bit of wax in my ears that I need to clean out. Hold on let me get a q-tip.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Human Santapede

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
Despite the time of year and color scheme, I think those are gnomes, judging by the scale.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Bespoke earplugs

Legit are a thing, and the custom fit can be extremely worth the investment if you are regularly around loud noise and don't want to have hearing loss in the future.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

manero posted:

Human Santapede

gently caress this cracked me up. Thanks

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

manero posted:

Human Santapede

:thejoke: no?

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug

Beachcomber posted:

Despite the time of year and color scheme, I think those are gnomes, judging by the scale.

Definitely a Caga Tió cake which is very Christmas and in keeping with the fecal theme.

maybeadracula
Sep 9, 2022

by sebmojo
I also go to the doctor wherever I eventually need to clean a part of my body

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Yes but yule be surprised why they're on a log.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Lobok posted:

Yes but yule be surprised why they're on a log.

Sants on a log?

Soul Dentist
Mar 17, 2009

Whooping Crabs posted:

Sants on a log?

Lol

Liquid Chicken
Jan 25, 2005

GOOP

How would you like this crawling in and out your chimney?

However, it's more likely to be in your vagina.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I apparently have really wide ear canals or something because it's easy to get the qtip in there without touching the sides, press gently to a side, and swirl. It's nothing like a cannon ramrod. How deep do people think they're supposed to go?

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

manero posted:

Human Santapede

Elven Santapede, I would think :v:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I apparently have really wide ear canals or something because it's easy to get the qtip in there without touching the sides, press gently to a side, and swirl. It's nothing like a cannon ramrod. How deep do people think they're supposed to go?

Until you hear a click and then nothing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Beachcomber posted:

I thinking theyre gnoming alright. Gnome gnome gnome

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Liquid Chicken posted:

How would you like this crawling in and out your chimney?

However, it's more likely to be in your vagina.

The gently caress you find that?

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BiggerBoat posted:

The gently caress you find that?

It's AI :suicide:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Blue Footed Booby posted:

How deep do people think they're supposed to go?

There should be a tiny bit of immense agony, and then bits of your personality and memories should start to disappear.

That's how you're know your ears have been cleared good and proper.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

lol look at this idiot who doesn't believe in Santapede!

Who do you think delivers the presents under the Christmas tree numbnuts???

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
The Santapede being real doesn't make that image any less ai generated.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

dr_rat posted:

lol look at this idiot who doesn't believe in Santapede!

Who do you think delivers the presents under the Christmas tree numbnuts???

Instead of a chimney, the Santapede scurries up from your floor drain

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Actual lmao at presumably adult goons needing to go to a "professional" to get their ears cleaned.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Biplane posted:

Actual lmao at presumably adult goons needing to go to a "professional" to get their ears cleaned.

Does it have to be a medical professional? The guys who detail my car don't charge me for a little extra use of the shop vac.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Biplane posted:

is it that inconceivable to your idiot brain that someone might have medical issues that make self-cleaning difficult to impossible

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Captain Invictus posted:

is it that inconceivable to your idiot brain that someone might have medical issues that make self-cleaning difficult to impossible

Yeah I'm sure that's the case here

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Biplane posted:

Yeah I'm sure that's the case here
I produce a lot of earwax, and it just kinda solidifies into lumps that normal cleaning methods like debrox don't break down. like, I've tried them, many times, it doesn't work. so the next step is to have a doctor do it, and they are efficient and get it all out. I repeat my statement, you're an idiot. that's all there is to it!

anyways

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:allears: that UO picture always brings back memories.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The extra little funny thing about that UO pic is that when UO first came out there wasn't as much fast, touch typing. I even had to help my friend. He would control the character and I would be speaking for him because I knew typing. So I just picture some kid slowly hunting & pecking

f
u
c
k

y
o
u

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Captain Invictus posted:

git gud

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Captain Invictus posted:

Feels like earwax is just randomly a problem for some people. I had really bad problems in my early 20’s, visited the doc a few times until I realized I could do the ear canal flushing myself. One time I tried that and still had to visit the doc wtf

Ommin
Apr 5, 2006
I like to watch CinemaSins and Honest Trailers for all the movies I'm curious about but don't want to watch. It's like Cliff's Notes with commentary notes to use in conversation to "prove you watched it."
I thought the ear was a self-cleaning organ? Doesn't everyone occasionally have a little ball of wax fall out of their ear?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Ommin posted:

I thought the ear was a self-cleaning organ? Doesn't everyone occasionally have a little ball of wax fall out of their ear?

No I do not have wet ear dreams.

:jackit:

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Lobok posted:

The extra little funny thing about that UO pic is that when UO first came out there wasn't as much fast, touch typing.

What are you even talking about?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

credburn posted:

What are you even talking about?

Didn't seem like there was much fast typing when I was that age. Chatrooms, chat programs, games, classes, things were slow. Often felt like I was waiting for responses.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I was a hunt and peck typer until I discovered irc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
A so-called pecker hunter.