Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Keir_Starmer/status/1738183425817706527

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
what

Falcorum
Oct 21, 2010
Kieth is hitting the mulled wine early

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

he’s going to flip on this too i bet

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
brexit means brexit

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

i hate it when leagues happen!

dozy opportunistic oval office couldn't bring himself to condemn a genocide but couldn't wait to condemn an ESL that isn't going to happen anyway. He's such a loving twat.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

inspiring

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Football fans have been treated as an afterthought to what? The national budget? I imagine in the order of thoughts concerning most goverment policies, football fans would indeed rightly come subsequent to other thoughts

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Own goals on and off the Pitch

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:
Starmer is going to protect regular fans from extremist anti-Sun radicals.

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Starmer is going to protect regular fans from extremist anti-Sun radicals.

sunnis vs shias

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

How and why would a british pm have any influence over a european football league?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Biplane posted:

How and why would a british pm have any influence over a european football league?

brexit.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

The UK already excelled at exiting tournaments empty handed Keith

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.

Jel Shaker posted:

he’s going to flip on this too i bet

https://www.arsenal.com/news/club-statement-2

I doubt he will given Arsenal are not involved in it.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Biplane posted:

We'll send in the navy. Give em what for

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

james cleverly go on cum town

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

crepeface posted:

dont add it there, that's where you get your drinking water and tomatoes from!

It's Christmas' eve bro.

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000

Biplane posted:

Because half the teams in it would be from the premier league, and the government can in fact tell them what to do.

Jeremy suggested making them all fan owned lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Dongicus posted:

It's Christmas' eve bro.

they're opening their presents and pulling crackers rn 😭

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Dongicus posted:

It's Christmas' eve bro.

the Christmas eve we have at home

BBC News - 'Bethlehem is empty of joy - no Santa, no celebration'

bbc posted:

Christmas celebrations have been cancelled this year and the thousands of tourists and pilgrims who would normally fill Manger Square are nowhere to be found.

The famous Christmas tree, usually in the middle of the square, is not there. There are no carols or Christmas market stands.

Instead, a nativity scene, which shows a newborn Jesus surrounded by big rocks and barbed wire, has been installed as a tribute to the children of Gaza.

"I've been a priest in this church for 12 years. I was born in Bethlehem, and I've never seen it like this - even during the Covid-19 pandemic," he says.

As Jawdat and I are talking, a call from his father Han'na Mikhael comes through.

The line is crackly and connection is unstable - yet he hangs on for a glimpse of his dad.

Han'na tells his son the family is doing ok. He says he's managed to venture out of the church for the first time in more than two weeks to try to find some food. He says that all is left around the church is rubble and that all the shops are burned. "It's total destruction," he says.

A week ago, Jawdat's grandmother, Naheda Khalil Anton - who was also sheltering in the church in Gaza - was shot twice in the stomach as she was on her way to the bathroom. His aunt Samar Kamal Anton rushed to help her and was shot in the head.

Starbucks
Jul 7, 2002

Your daily cup of fuck you.
May this be the last Christmas we have a Tory Prime Minister

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

mossyfisk posted:

Because half the teams in it would be from the premier league, and the government can in fact tell them what to do.

Jeremy suggested making them all fan owned lmao

drat, so you all won brexit after all.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Dongicus posted:

It's Christmas' eve bro.

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

pbuh

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Merry Christmas you cunts

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/AlecMacGillis/status/1738773493305450810?s=20

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jose posted:

Merry Cuntmas, christ

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1739593608569762271

Oi you got a license for them sweets mate

So the actual story is that certain stores are set up through shell companies and don't pay business tax. But clearly they've picked a type of shop none of their mates own because instead of saying anything about cracking down on all business tax avoidance they're specifically talking about American candy stores

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
Tired: investigate and prosecute business tax avoidance
Wired: Labour urged the Government to trial a "new shops bonus" to incentivise legitimate businesses and beef up legal identity requirements for someone setting up a new company. Under the plans, shop owners would be offered a three-month business rates holiday in their first year in new premises.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Isn't this just a London problem?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
I highly doubt it, with the death of high streets all over the country those premises are going for pennies to the pop up shops for vapes or candy or money laundering or whatever.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
It's all over. I see more and more of that poo poo whenever I visit Aberdeen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

gonadic io posted:

https://twitter.com/UKLabour/status/1739593608569762271

Oi you got a license for them sweets mate

So the actual story is that certain stores are set up through shell companies and don't pay business tax. But clearly they've picked a type of shop none of their mates own because instead of saying anything about cracking down on all business tax avoidance they're specifically talking about American candy stores

My take is that these shops are owned by fairweather tory donors who are being shook down by labour.