Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

Mebh
May 10, 2010

stev posted:

Camping for that thing takes me back... I gave up about a decade ago. gently caress the prick.

Worst is I already got it...on the US servers.
E: 73 is the number of dumb hours I'm going to spend camping for digital pixels before New years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Merry actual Christmas.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

I can't wait to cut the Christmas Spaghetti-O Jello

:toot:

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face

fuctifino posted:

This is a war crime

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Merry Christmas goons, may you all be warm and dry and fed and preferably happy

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals!

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

Merry Xmas all!

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"

fuctifino posted:

mate

e: happy Christmas goons, I hope you have a pleasant and/or chill day.

We got good things off to a good start with my mum's partner drinking too much, and THEN pouring himself a quadruple whisky and baring his soul to us about how much he worries about his son, and how much he regrets not being a better dad (and then falling over, twice). It was sad but also quite nice at the same time as he's a lovely bloke and we all rallied round to cheer him up.

The Perfect Element fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Dec 25, 2023

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

....would.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
Merry Christmas to all of you

Tomberforce
May 30, 2006

My four year old son has been having great fun racing his new toy car christmas present up and down the corridor.

Unfortunately his way of telling us how much he enjoys racing, is running up and down yelling 'I'm racing! I'm a racist!!'. He must have been watching top gear at daycare.

Merry Christmas UKMT!

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Jesus
Happy Birthday to you

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Nollaig Shona daoibh go léir :yaycloud:

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos
Just had a call from my brother, saying that he can't come over this Christmas due to a bout of food poisoning. Maybe Christmas isn't so bad after all.

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Thank you for my Lego father Christmas

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

fuctifino posted:

I should call her

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Comrade Fakename posted:

At least the transphobia might decrease with Ratbiter gone though.

lol, word on twitter was that Hislop currently has Helen Lewis shadowing him a few days a week.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Happy Christmas folks. Keep safe out there.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Yeah it looks like a pretty nice Christmas day

...from the beach :smug:

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Microplastics posted:

Yeah it looks like a pretty nice Christmas day

...from the beach :smug:

Enjoy! If you spot a jolly old fellow with a big white beard sunning himself with a nice cocktail, please seriously consider the possibility that you've tragically ended up on the M. Night Shymalan Beach That Makes You Old.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

grobbo posted:

Enjoy! If you spot a jolly old fellow with a big white beard sunning himself with a nice cocktail, please seriously consider the possibility that you've tragically ended up on the M. Night Shymalan Beach That Makes You Old.

beats the gently caress out of Michael Bay bay imo

merry xmas comrades, I'm going to go establish a pleasant tipsy state and maintain it all day by use of tactical mimosas

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Look! The nuke!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

josh04 posted:

Hark! The nuke!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Merry Xmas all! Just ate breakfast, soon will clean the cat tray then have a nice walk through the woods to see if my friendly local petrol station is open for some coffee. Then my neighbours have invited me over for Xmas dinner, so the rest of the day should be spent with 2 nice ladies and their cats (and my cats too, should they decide to wander in).

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Merry Christmas, fellow reprobates!

We've managed to not horribly mistime everything for once, and can actually relax before christmas dinner, extremely loud timers suddenly going off notwithstanding.

Oct 4, 2005

Merry Christmas you filthy animals!

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Good to see this country keeping alive the festive traditions. The Royal Family have just completed the annual “Parading of the Nonce” at Sandringham church.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Happy Christmas all, just posting the most UKMT choices from my crop of Xmas books.

Very startling to be confronted by the stern visage of Mrs T peeking out from the wrapping paper tho

smellmycheese posted:

The Royal Family have just completed the annual “Parading of the Nonce” at Sandringham church.

It's nice that they're letting Andrew take part in their duties again :yaycloud:

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 13:04 on Dec 25, 2023

Dead Goon
Dec 13, 2002

No Obvious Flaws

I have the Adorno book, it is good.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012
Happy Christmas, UKMTGoons.

First sober Christmas in a decade. I am enjoying the lack of hangovers, but it’s quite weird to be cooking and not drinking. Guinness Zero ftw.

I also managed to play some death/grindcore so obnoxiously noisy that my mother had to leave the kitchen. The metalhead’s dream. It only took 36 years. Chef’s rules; chef’s tunes.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Merry Christmas to you all. Have a good day - whatever that is to you.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

fuctifino posted:

The recipe for those that want it.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Jeherrin posted:

Happy Christmas, UKMTGoons.

First sober Christmas in a decade. I am enjoying the lack of hangovers, but it’s quite weird to be cooking and not drinking. Guinness Zero ftw.

I also managed to play some death/grindcore so obnoxiously noisy that my mother had to leave the kitchen. The metalhead’s dream. It only took 36 years. Chef’s rules; chef’s tunes.

When I used to still go 'home' for Xmas (in my 20s, early 30s), I did not participate in the production of food which was a highly stressful affair with everyone screaming at each other about the roast spuds etc (and my sister's gob made Gordon Ramsey look like a candidate for sainthood), but after the big dinner, I would lock myself in the kitchen for the afternoon/evening with a stash of metal tapes and do all the washing up while WW3 was occurring in the living room with the tantrums, arguing, fighting etc.

Then mother ruined it by purchasing a dishwasher so there were only a few big pans to do that dishwashers 30 years ago couldn't cope with

Since 1995 - apart from one time in 2006 when the emotional blackmail was piled on in spades by my sister - I haven't done Xmas. So lovely & calm, watch what I want on tv, usually go for a long walk in the afternoon but not this year as I have got "the 100 day cough". And I ate my annual gjetost yesterday with some nice seedy bread. So being as all the shops are shut today, I have to live on what's in (no naughty food - it all got et already!)

Anyway - merry Crimble to those that do, and it'll all be over in another 12 hours for those who are not having a good time.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I did the gift giving & being sociable, now I'm writing thank you emails to a couple of generous relations & it's all been pretty chill. My dad is happily playing Hitman Collection I got him, my mother is in the kitchen listening to one of the CDs I got her (tbh as an adult my favourite part of Christmas now is shopping for my ma's presents, because it involves me doing a deep dive through 2023 new music & finding some interesting stuff that might be up her street. Fortunately we have a lot of crossover in our tastes despite my inability to convince her to give death & black metal a chance...) currently listening to We Are Urusei Yatsura by Urusei Yatsura, a Glasgow band from the mid-90s for anyone who doesn't know them. Kind of Paverment-y? It sounds pretty decent from the bits I've heard.

I don't mind a bit that christmas in this how has been extremely low key. Kind of prefer that tbh

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Thank you santa for giving me a passive aggressive wife who's blaming me for making her feel bad and ruining Christmas because she bought me the wrong thing from my amazon wishlist.

Rather than the variety of films or puzzles or cool looking fidget toy type things I'd added at her request, said gift was an HDMI splitter that I'd already bought for the house/her back in October so that she could switch between things in her office without having to mess about with cables.

She could also only see it because she set the filter to include things already purchased.

At least my son likes his toddler trampoline. :/

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

(gently caress the) police navidad everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just unwrapped a prezzie from one of my brothers:
Absolutely perfect.
It's a "my social battery" brooch:

I remember slinking out of a party at my parents' home to get respite in the shed for a while and discovered my brother also skulking in the shed getting respite :)

And now I just opened my front door to get my boots (make an effort to at least have a bit of a walk today) and discover a large (360g) bar of choc outside the door - anonymous - though I have my suspicions.... one of my neighbours.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 25, 2023