Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

grobbo
May 29, 2014

Her Dryer posted:

I'm late to this I'm sorry but I swear I've seen this exact headline about 100 times in the past two years, if I wasn't very lazy I would look to make some sort of compilation of "Brexit finally about to be good we swear" headlines

Despite superficial differences in context and intent, DON'T LET THE SCROOGES GET YOU DOWN is essentially just a holiday-themed CRUSH THE SABOTEURS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Jedit posted:

I don't see the Eye outlasting Hislop, to be honest. They're all old now, and there's no new blood coming through.

When Peter Cook handed the magazine over to Ian Hislop, everyone was impressed that he’d give the satirical organ to this fresh young firebrand. It’s a simulacrum of our society that it’s laughable that Hislop would now do the same.

At least the transphobia might decrease with Ratbiter gone though.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Well happy Christmas all. I have to go to bed early, I have an early start in the morning going down to Reading to start work. I do get paid double time tomorrow and Boxing day so that's nice.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

bessantj posted:

Well happy Christmas all. I have to go to bed early, I have an early start in the morning going down to Reading to start work. I do get paid double time tomorrow and Boxing day so that's nice.

On first reading it sounds like youre starting a new job tomorrow, which would be pretty wild. Enjoy working tho!

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

It’s super late here and I just finished Metal Gear Soliding a pillowcase with presents into my kids’ room and swapping it for the empty one there without stepping on any lego, swearing, or otherwise ballsing it up, so improvement on last year.

Merry Christmas Ukgoons and hope everyone has a good end to the year.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND IT, NORMAN?!?!

YOU HAD BETTER FIND IT BEFORE TOMORROW'S DINNER IN THE GREAT ROOM, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CECILLY AND CECIL, OUR CHILDREN NORMAN, ARE BRINGING THEIR WORK COMPANIONS , NORMAN

DID YOU CHECK THE ODDS AND ENDS BOX, NORMAN?!!

THAT'S NOT THE ODDS AND ENDS BOX, NORMAN, THAT'S THE ODDS AND SODS TIN!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE BITS AND BOBS DRAWER NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

crispix posted:

NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU CAN'T FIND IT, NORMAN?!?!

YOU HAD BETTER FIND IT BEFORE TOMORROW'S DINNER IN THE GREAT ROOM, NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CECILLY AND CECIL, OUR CHILDREN NORMAN, ARE BRINGING THEIR WORK COMPANIONS , NORMAN

DID YOU CHECK THE ODDS AND ENDS BOX, NORMAN?!!

THAT'S NOT THE ODDS AND ENDS BOX, NORMAN, THAT'S THE ODDS AND SODS TIN!!!!!!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S THE BITS AND BOBS DRAWER NORMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

:allears: merry Xmas Mrs Norman and every other ukmt goon

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Beefeater1980 posted:

It’s super late here and I just finished Metal Gear Soliding a pillowcase with presents into my kids’ room and swapping it for the empty one there without stepping on any lego, swearing, or otherwise ballsing it up, so improvement on last year.

Merry Christmas Ukgoons and hope everyone has a good end to the year.

(CODEC NOISE.)

Snake, if you walk on that floor normally, it'll make a lot of noise and the enemy will hear you. Try crawling.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The clap of my christmas presents keeps alerting the guards.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

This needs remembering for future use

https://twitter.com/David__Osland/status/1738872234221904279

:allears:

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Gotta say I really dislike battery powered stuff and except for a drill and impact driver all I got are corded or pneumatic tools and I prefer to deal with a cord than batteries. Makes me feel weird.

In the house we got a central vac, which I really like, no bags and no filters (the air is blown outside).

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Post your Christmas dinner pics imo. Happy Christmas Eve goons. I'm currently eating a burrito and enjoying a large long island while I camp rare mounts in my dumb warcraft game after I spent the evening building and setting up a raspberry pi for pihole.

This year my sister was short on money so I surprised her with a huge waitrose order and she has been joyfully cooking.

I hope you are all having an OK day.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Here’s mine

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I thought the stick was a straw and you were supposed to suck it up like jello...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The 70's obsession with putting everything in gelatin is baffling.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Nice stocking gift…. NI Top Trumps

Chubby Henparty
Aug 13, 2007

That's not a salad it's one of those meme horror games the kids like

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Frosty the Hellmann

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Love me wife, love me Xmas, love me gelatin, cabbage and mayo fashioned into a snowman.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

smellmycheese posted:

Here’s mine

Highly recommend checking your parents house for old cookbooks. Truly nightmare fuel.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

The 70's obsession with putting everything in gelatin is baffling.

It's pretty explicable. Fridges were becoming common, so gelatin was now easy for anyone to make but hadn't consequently lost its status as a symbol of wealth yet. Give it a few years, it stops being novel and everyone realises how vile it actually is

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dabir posted:

It's pretty explicable. Fridges were becoming common, so gelatin was now easy for anyone to make but hadn't consequently lost its status as a symbol of wealth yet. Give it a few years, it stops being novel and everyone realises how vile it actually is

I get that, what I don't get is how anybody looked at any of those and did not immediately think they were disgusting and not want to make them.

Like if rich people start eating deep fried turds it's not gonna make me want to go out and get in on the trend.

It doesn't seem like a trend that should be able to be a trend. Who wants to turn every meal into the jelly you get on the bottom of yesterday's refrigerated chicken legs?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's a billion and one nakedly unappealing trends throughout recent history that I could point you to if I could remember them. If you think back very hard over your life you can probably think of at least one very stupid thing you got in on that seemed like a good idea at the time.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

There's stupid poo poo sure, just that one in particular I feel like elicits exactly the same response from everyone who looks at it, which is "oh god that sounds disgusting"

I think the last trend I did was... maybe yoyos in school?

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Dabir posted:

If you think back very hard over your life you can probably think of at least one very stupid thing you got in on that seemed like a good idea at the time.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

mmmmm

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Mebh posted:

Post your Christmas dinner pics imo. Happy Christmas Eve goons. I'm currently eating a burrito and enjoying a large long island while I camp rare mounts in my dumb warcraft game after I spent the evening building and setting up a raspberry pi for pihole.

Camping for that thing takes me back... I gave up about a decade ago. gently caress the prick.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

I'm wrapping presents (only 2, and only out of tradition) and shock horror, watching wrestling. Specifically the Baka Gaijin + Friends show from some Tokyo bar where they have no ring and just wrestle on a tiny mat. One of the wrestlers has just ordered beer for the 2 competitiors.

Soricidus
Oct 21, 2010
freedom-hating statist shill

Failed Imagineer posted:

Might feel more Christmassy if it wasn't 14C outside.

On the other hand it’s good that there won’t be too many people experiencing it being unpleasantly cold inside this year.

Well, not tonight anyway, looks like it’s getting colder next weekend, which sucks.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah I have been thankful for the mild winter so far, there's plenty of folk who will be better off for it.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
merry Christmas and a free Palestine to you all :)

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

crispix posted:

merry Christmas and a free Palestine to you all :)

kecske fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 25, 2023

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_tCnxAjEWA

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

I have made a legitimate and peaceful request for pineapple caked in miracle whip!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

The closest I can imagine to eating this is being delboy

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Merry Christmas, comrades

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

sebzilla posted:

Merry Christmas, comrades

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdHkHslFIU