Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
AFCS: the new dragons
https://x.com/_sikwitit/status/1738032678992023848?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

:backtowork:

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

he looks like handyman hal

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

been sayin' this

it's supposed to king ghidorrah though, that's the original meme

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Fire... Press Taylor? Doug Pederson for employing Press Taylor? I dont even know anymore.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Per ESPN Stats & Info, this is Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence's eighth career game with 3+ turnovers, three more than any other player since 2021 (Josh Allen and Mac Jones have 5 each).

E:

Since Trevor Lawrence entered the league in 2021, 20 passers have averaged more yards per dropback. Twenty-one have averaged more EPA per play. And 18 have a higher success rate. The former no. 1 pick has been … mediocre through the first three years of his career, and that would be the perfect word to describe his output in 2023. After Sunday’s 30-12 loss in Tampa Bay, the Jaguars quarterback finds himself on the outside of the top 10 in every major passing category. His numbers have regressed across the board from where they were in 2022 and are nearly as bad as they were under Urban Meyer—the biggest red flag of all.

BiggerBoat fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Dec 25, 2023

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
So you're saying trevor... bust?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
I can’t get over his face in that picture. He looks like a cartoon villain from Roger rabbit who swallowed an exploding sack of TNT or something.

Merry christmas

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

trevvy turnovers

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Pimpcasso posted:

So you're saying trevor... bust?

I'm definitely getting there. That Daniel Jones comp I posted a few pages back was a real eye opener for me.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I can’t get over his face in that picture. He looks like a cartoon villain from Roger rabbit who swallowed an exploding sack of TNT or something.

Merry christmas

best picture since drew brees's neck

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

brain hemorraggin but she still suckin

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

BiggerBoat posted:

Per ESPN Stats & Info, this is Jaguars QB Trevor Lawrence's eighth career game with 3+ turnovers, three more than any other player since 2021 (Josh Allen and Mac Jones have 5 each).

E:

Since Trevor Lawrence entered the league in 2021, 20 passers have averaged more yards per dropback. Twenty-one have averaged more EPA per play. And 18 have a higher success rate. The former no. 1 pick has been … mediocre through the first three years of his career, and that would be the perfect word to describe his output in 2023. After Sunday’s 30-12 loss in Tampa Bay, the Jaguars quarterback finds himself on the outside of the top 10 in every major passing category. His numbers have regressed across the board from where they were in 2022 and are nearly as bad as they were under Urban Meyer—the biggest red flag of all.

Go do a comparison through their first years against Bortles. He's very similar, just with fewer touchdowns and picks, wiht a few more fumbles. So he's a more conservative bortles who doesn't support the beach bars.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
If you're gonna have a mediocre-to-bad QB, might as well have a fun one like Bortles or Minshew.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Teva posted:

Go do a comparison through their first years against Bortles. He's very similar, just with fewer touchdowns and picks, wiht a few more fumbles. So he's a more conservative bortles who doesn't support the beach bars.

Oooof that last line of the quote

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Stroud is practicing today :unsmith:

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Intruder posted:

I hope he's healthy for Sunday, but if he's not 100% let him rest another week - we could beat Tennessee on the road even without Nico Collins and Will Anderson, Jr.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Intruder posted:

I love him and wish him the best

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Levis practiced today, on track to play Sunday.

Dude needs every rep, glad to see it. Lame duck Tanny is just boring to watch, win or lose or draw

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
If you want my honest opinion, it's that the stats don't tell the full story and Trevor isn't in the same world as Bortles, Daniel Jones and so on. Watching him play week to week, even when the offense is entirely dysfunctional as it has been since his ankle injury, he moves the ball down the field with an ease that no Jaguars QB has since Mark Brunell. Bortles got big stats because the Jaguars constantly played from behind and he had to throw it 50 times a game, but when he was QB the Jaguars going three and out, three and out, three and out was super common. That's not the case with Lawrence, or at least it hasn't been when he's healthy.

Of course, he hasn't played at the level Jags fans would have hoped this year and he's definitely showing that he has something of a turnover problem, but the situation isn't very good. The Jaguars interior offensive line is the worst in the NFL in my opinion, the Jaguars are averaging around 3 yards a carry and are giving up tons of sacks from interior pressure. That throws off everything about the Jaguars' game plan--- the lack of a run game and the offensive line's unreliable blocking means that Press Taylor has decided we need to lean heavily on WR and TE screens as a run game replacement, but we simply don't have the personnel for that playstyle and are, statistically, the least productive team in the NFL on those types of screens. So be it from a run getting stuffed, to a screen getting stopped behind the line, to a penalty, Trevor keeps getting stuck in third and 12 or longer and has to heroball to get the ball to receivers downfield who don't get open. And that's where the mistakes happen, but it's also where he makes tight-window throws to bail the Jaguars offense out that I've seen no other Jaguars QB capable of making.

The early-downs offense on the Jaguars is a total blight, and I don't think we'll know how good Lawrence could be until that changes

JT Jag fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Dec 28, 2023

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Honestly, inclined to agree. I know it's eye test poo poo, but Trevor Lawrence isn't Daniel Jones. Trevor Lawrence with a year as himself sandwiched between years with Urban Meyer and Press Taylor, though, is Daniel Jones statistically. This seems to have a relatively simple solution.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Trevor Bust

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Metapod posted:

Trevor Bust

Trevor bust

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

more and more people are saying trevor bust

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

lobster shirt posted:

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

My biggest problem with Trev is that he tries to do hero ball bullshit, and that doesn't work for him. He just takes more shots, and throws more picks, as a result of it. Some players can do that poo poo and have it work out. Trevor cannot. The state of the offense isn't all on him, but turning it over as often as he does is and i'm not sure he fixes it. Having a QB who is 'good when the rest of the offense is' probably won't amount to much.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

lobster shirt posted:

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Metapod posted:

Trevor Bust

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

A good chunk of the bullshit I've seen from Lawrence has nothing whatsoever to do with the o-line. Sorry.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Trevor Bust

:hmmyes:

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Fortunately for mister bust he gets to play the worst cornerbacks in the league before the playoffs

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

He loves bustin and it feels good

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I tend to agree with the analysis over the last few posts but I’ve only seen a few jags games this year. It seems like consistency is one Trevor’s issues and if he smooths that out then he’s pretty clearly a top 8 QB right?

Teva
Feb 22, 2007

Trevor going to start with busted shoulder, i'm sure this will end well.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Seems like a bad idea, he’s played like poo poo injured the last three weeks. Obvious you want to win the game but it seems really shortsighted and dumb to keep putting him out there

In other news Turron Davenport apparently got a dewey. Seems like he likes to party based on his instagram so hopefully he can cut it out and not get fired, I like his coverage

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Seems like a bad idea, he’s played like poo poo injured the last three weeks. Obvious you want to win the game but it seems really shortsighted and dumb to keep putting him out there

In other news Turron Davenport apparently got a dewey. Seems like he likes to party based on his instagram so hopefully he can cut it out and not get fired, I like his coverage

It’s his second DUI, gently caress him.

e: cut the slightly petty part, kept the important bit

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Dec 28, 2023

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Soul Glo posted:

It’s his second DUI, gently caress him.

e: cut the slightly petty part, kept the important bit

Was he the one that got a DUI right after a Cleveland game a few years ago? Or was that a member of the Titans staff?

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Flikken posted:

Was he the one that got a DUI right after a Cleveland game a few years ago? Or was that a member of the Titans staff?

Titans guy.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Flikken posted:

You’re probably remembering last season’s OC, Todd Downing

You’d have to be a drunkard to call the sleepwalking poo poo he was putting into games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Soul Glo posted:

You’re probably remembering last season’s OC, Todd Downing

You’d have to be a drunkard to call the sleepwalking poo poo he was putting into games

Weirdly, the night he got a DUI was also the best the Titans offense did all year.

I still dream of a day when the Titans offense can finally score over 30 points...