Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
Amazing win. Unfortunately just about guarantees a loss in a SB rematch. But still a great win.

Please be ok Hamilton..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Truly embarrassing for the Ravens. Disgraceful.

They should rescind the win back to the 49ers for such an awful performance.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

Amazing win. Unfortunately just about guarantees a loss in a SB rematch. But still a great win.

Please be ok Hamilton..

There’s nothing to be happy about with that win. It took five turnovers for the Ravens to squeak out a win.

I have no clue why you’re so proud of this team.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
edit: no nope. No point.

That was just an ugly ugly rear end performance by the 49ers.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
gently caress the Cowboys

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i really expected that ref safety to have more of an impact on that game but i bet that guy's amped it was a blowout

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

chamois posted:

i really expected that ref safety to have more of an impact on that game but i bet that guy's amped it was a blowout

i forgot that happened

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Brock fraudy. Cmc is the real mvp

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

BlindSite you must be feeling extremely vindicated right now.

Jury’s still out but Bryce is looking better than he has all year.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kirios posted:

BlindSite you must be feeling extremely vindicated right now.

Jury’s still out but Bryce is looking better than he has all year.

Can’t play the Packers every game

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I went into this game just hoping the Ravens would show they can hang with the best roster of the NFL and they absolutely went way beyond that, which was great. amazing luck with tipped INTs but they also had the most bullshit safety of all time to start them 5 points behind. cool game

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

I went into this game just hoping the Ravens would show they can hang with the best roster of the NFL and they absolutely went way beyond that, which was great. amazing luck with tipped INTs but they also had the most bullshit safety of all time to start them 5 points behind. cool game

Tipped INTs aren't really luck when your own guys are batting them up in the air. Those were just great plays.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Kawalimus posted:

Tipped INTs aren't really luck when your own guys are batting them up in the air. Those were just great plays.

loving tell him

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

how was the safety bullshit?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

how was the safety bullshit?

the ref literally tripped Lamar in the endzone lol

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
That safety was a weird one but my only true lol today was the Raiders beating the Chiefs imo.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Tulalip Tulips posted:

That safety was a weird one but my only true lol today was the Raiders beating the Chiefs imo.

god i'd somehow already forgotten this

what a great christmas

dingo with a joint
Jan 12, 2019

wrong cow
lamar is the most entertaining player in the nfl at the moment. just never know what he's going to do. incredible ability to chain split-second decision-making.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.

Alaois posted:

god i'd somehow already forgotten this

what a great christmas

Winning somehow keeps the Raiders alive but most importantly it ruined the Chief's seeding. God truly smiled upon me this day.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

the chiefs are going nowhere with Nagy

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Coldforge posted:

49ers looked like poo poo, too. The NFL is cruel, and Ravens fans will probably still grouse about their team. Such is life.

to be generous to the 49ers - that definitely felt like a game where everything that can go wrong, does go wrong. 5 picks, a turnover on downs, a mess of penalties, and you could even make an argument that the Queen interception was fumbled afterwards (not that I'd agree). also lamar had one of his 'gently caress you i'll do whatever the gently caress i want and there's nothing you can do about it' games.

to be harsh to the 49ers - what the gently caress was that offense. what was the gameplan. CMC with only 14 carries? huh?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Welp, run game was only okay but they won the turnover battle 5 zip and Lamar is the MVP. Do it again next week and we'll see y'all in the divisional round.

Love my quarterback. Defense and Kyle Hamilton specifically were outstanding.

was there any update on hamilton? seemed promising that he wasn't taken back to the locker room at least. he was smiling - those horse tranqs must be pretty good

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I think the niners bought into the Purdy hype a bit and it bit them in the rear end

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Borsche69 posted:

was there any update on hamilton? seemed promising that he wasn't taken back to the locker room at least. he was smiling - those horse tranqs must be pretty good

https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/1739511155322757375?t=12C2FOfdg_zXOsvxO0sJew&s=19

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
The Browns basically needed a 49ers win to have a shot at the division and the #1 seed.

Probably for the best since one more win essentially clinches the 5th seed for the Browns.

Here's hoping we don't get loving trapped against the Jets this Thursday lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Fat Jesus posted:

agreed, they need to hire Luke Getsy immediately

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Borsche69 posted:

to be harsh to the 49ers - what the gently caress was that offense. what was the gameplan. CMC with only 14 carries? huh?

Because Kyle is a loving dumbass. He keeps doing passes and only runs when we have a huge lead to burn the clock.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

The Browns basically needed a 49ers win to have a shot at the division and the #1 seed.

Probably for the best since one more win essentially clinches the 5th seed for the Browns.

well the 4th seed is going to be a joke your coach is 10-0 vs

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

wilderthanmild posted:

Ravens had to win 2/3 no matter what because Cleveland has basically all the tiebreakers if that scenario occurred. So they still have to win one of the last two or else Cleveland will win the division if they win out.

All that really changes now is the Ravens get the #1 seed with a win next week and don't need the Pittsburgh game. And if we lose next week and beat Pittsburgh we're the #2 seed unless Miami loses to Buffalo which is possible.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Shindragon posted:

Because Kyle is a loving dumbass. He keeps doing passes and only runs when we have a huge lead to burn the clock.

Y'all were the 32nd team in pass attempts coming into the week. You were down 2 scores nearly the whole 2nd half. Game script changes.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fat Jesus posted:

Bienemy should be available in a few weeks.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Kawalimus posted:

Ravens had to win 2/3 no matter what because Cleveland has basically all the tiebreakers if that scenario occurred.

Yeah. The problem is with this game going the other way, we'd be looking at just needing one of Steelers/Dolphins if we won out. Still a bit unlikely, but enough to get excited about. I really don't see the Ravens losing both. I guess if the Dolphins win next week maybe I'll change my mind.

On the bright side the Browns are very very banged up so a week of rest if we can win this week and rest some key starters and injured dudes week 18 could be a huge deal.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Y'all were the 32nd team in pass attempts coming into the week. You were down 2 scores nearly the whole 2nd half. Game script changes.

That isn't an excuse--McCafferey had a bunch of huge runs and is their best offensive player. You don't just leave that guy behind. They had a whole half there was no need to panic.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

cmc was still getting like 7.5 yards a carry. they got down to the 1 with more than enough time to get the ball back in the 4th. there's games getting out of hand, and also not understanding how fundamentally explosive and game changing your own players are. cmc got over 100 yards on 14 carries and it doesn't even feel like it specifically because it felt like he never got featured anyway lol.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

wilderthanmild posted:

On the bright side the Browns are very very banged up so a week of rest if we can win this week and rest some key starters and injured dudes week 18 could be a huge deal.

That's the thing for Baltimore too. The Ravens are beat to hell. If they can win next week they get to rest week 18 and get the bye. That could be huge for Hamilton, Andrews, Stanley, and 50 other guys.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Borsche69 posted:

cmc was still getting like 7.5 yards a carry. they got down to the 1 with more than enough time to get the ball back in the 4th. there's games getting out of hand, and also not understanding how fundamentally explosive and game changing your own players are. cmc got over 100 yards on 14 carries and it doesn't even feel like it specifically because it felt like he never got featured anyway lol.

That's what I don't like. I wish this game had just been the Superbowl. Now they will figure that out and adjust.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Kawalimus posted:

That's what I don't like. I wish this game had just been the Superbowl. Now they will figure that out and adjust.

oh yeah Kyle Shanahan has a great track record for doing that lol

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

The Ravens are going to gently caress around and give me playoff expectations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Kawalimus posted:

That isn't an excuse--McCafferey had a bunch of huge runs and is their best offensive player. You don't just leave that guy behind. They had a whole half there was no need to panic.

yeah. the ravens went up 3 scores - but it was with like 13 minutes left to play in the 3rd. i mean maybe you feel like you gotta score fast the way the ravens offense played? but idk, to me, part of that means giving CMC the ball because he can score fast