Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Zwabu posted:

Just watched the highlights. Whappened did Purdy get benched after his third pick or so?

Also, Lamar you are one elusive sonofabitch. Good game.

he threw 4 picks, and no he got pulled after a sack for an "arm stinger"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Winning somehow keeps the Raiders alive but most importantly it ruined the Chief's seeding. God truly smiled upon me this day.

Raiders can earn the 3rd seed with wins @Ind & vDen, and the Chiefs losing vCin & @S.D, plus Jax & Hou both dropping one of their games.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

It has been 0 days since people have posted about the Ravens winning the Superbowl in tff

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

sharknado slashfic posted:

It has been 0 days since people have posted about the Ravens winning the Superbowl in tff

enjoy the hypotheticals about Ravens SB wins, since we know fate has already decided otherwise

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's the thing for Baltimore too. The Ravens are beat to hell. If they can win next week they get to rest week 18 and get the bye. That could be huge for Hamilton, Andrews, Stanley, and 50 other guys.

Baltimore winning next week could help Pittsburgh sneak into the playoffs. It would invite the Ravens to rest some folks (maybe after a half) in Wk18, and it would force Miami to go all-out vs Buffalo. Of course that's all moot if Pittsburgh loses in Seattle, so we'll see.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
The Lions should beat the Ravens in the Superbowl. I think it would be swell

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

The Puppy Bowl posted:

That's the thing for Baltimore too. The Ravens are beat to hell. If they can win next week they get to rest week 18 and get the bye. That could be huge for Hamilton, Andrews, Stanley, and 50 other guys.

Please God no, I still have nightmares about resting starters on the last regular season game of 2019 and into the bye. get the win but don't rest lots of people on week 18

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Mystic Stylez posted:

Please God no, I still have nightmares about resting starters on the last regular season game of 2019 and into the bye. get the win but don't rest lots of people on week 18

That was because of Mark Ingram's injury in the Cleveland game and Roman being dumb and panicking and throwing 60 times when our offense was scoring like 40 points a game like we couldn't somehow make up two touchdowns with most of the game left.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I’m still amazed at how open Kittle was able to get downfield. Thank god the defensive line put Purdy in hell because they were immediately getting some chunk plays that teams don’t usually get on the Ravens.

Like even on their worst day Shanahan is still scary as hell to face

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I would just like to say that while that game was good and encouraging I do not believe Bryce will be able to replicate that performance consistently enough in the future to be a starting NFL QB. You gotta be able to do it every week and I don't see that in our future. But hey, I'll always enjoy a good QB performance.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Can't wait for the Lions-Raiders Coaches Rock SB next year (this year?????)

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Mystic Stylez posted:

Got to exercise those demons. Rest for season weary players is good. Rust is only a product of bad coaching and inexperienced youths. The advantages outweigh the disadvantages by miles.

In my heart I am also terrified of the bye.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

kalensc posted:

Raiders can earn the 3rd seed with wins @Ind & vDen, and the Chiefs losing vCin & @S.D, plus Jax & Hou both dropping one of their games.

Can I say that I appreciate people still saying "San Diego" when referring to the Chargers.

It's been seven goddamn years (really) and people still say San Diego. It rules

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Most important news of the night.
https://twitter.com/BmoreBeatdown/status/1739544405516644661?t=g77guYPHwDnwdcue9qrosw&s=19

Bird Bros Forever.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
why would you get mad about sports. it's like getting mad that your favorite smash bros player got knocked out of bracket just before top 8..

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.
my sweet young cousin Aidan Hutchinson screwed up an easy tackle? that's okay buddy, let me make you some chicken noodle soup. want some tea?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Lady Radia posted:

why would you get mad about sports. it's like getting mad that your favorite smash bros player got knocked out of bracket just before top 8..

okay wait. if daut doesn't win nili's apartment cup V, i am going to lose my poo poo.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Kawalimus posted:

It doesn't bother me most of the time what anyone says mean or nice unless you threaten to disguise yourself as a whip-poor-will and murder me then maybe I might question my posting choices.
Good lord I would never get that worked up over posting. It’s just been disappointing to sometimes open a thread with a bunch of new posts and all it is is either you doomposting or people posting about your doomposting. You do you though, I just need to learn to scroll past it.

BrownThunder posted:

thanks for being the posting about posting about posting about kawalimus guy. Forums need ppl like you.
I am here for you my friend.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sometimes when sports have got me a little down, I drink some ice water and take a few deep breaths and I feel a lot better.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gonz posted:

Sometimes when sports have got me a little down, I drink some ice water and take a few deep breaths and I feel a lot better.

I found myself getting exceptionally loving mad at baseball recently and then decided to stop following baseball forever.

100% recommend

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
I think the most upset i’ve ever been at sports was several years ago when Michigan botched a punt against Michigan State at the end of the game, costing Michigan what was a sure win.

I drove 25 minutes to a no-kill animal shelter in Phoenix and just chilled in a room with like 2 dozen cats for an hour.

It was cathartic and pleasant.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Gonz posted:

I think the most upset i’ve ever been at sports was several years ago when Michigan botched a punt against Michigan State at the end of the game, costing Michigan what was a sure win.

I drove 25 minutes to a no-kill animal shelter in Phoenix and just chilled in a room with like 2 dozen cats for an hour.

It was cathartic and pleasant.

I'm sorry but this cannot be referenced without the punter reaction

https://twitter.com/ErinEHensley/status/655543671379595264?t=Qi5wfHK80wRd5nNdom2FcQ&s=19

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Lady Radia posted:

I get sad when Maru doesn't make at least top 4 in SC2 :(

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

kalensc posted:

This won't happen but it would be pretty hilarious

a neat cape posted:

Can I say that I appreciate people still saying "San Diego" when referring to the Chargers.

AFC Best solidarity forever

epic bacon
Sep 19, 2022

Gonz posted:

i'm glad this story went a direction i didn't expect

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Can we get a little Sam D'arnold QB controversy as a treat*

*I know I know

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

sharknado slashfic posted:

Can we get a little Sam D'arnold QB controversy as a treat*

*I know I know

sure let's start it up

https://twitter.com/BenjaminSolak/status/1739499134963343865

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

Kawalimus posted:

It doesn't bother me most of the time what anyone says mean or nice unless you threaten to disguise yourself as a whip-poor-will and murder me then maybe I might question my posting choices.

that did not make you question yourself at all, dont lie

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

speaking of whip-poor-wills and murder, I had my first encounter with one of these bastards recently visiting a friend up in New Hampshire. bastard sang all night LOUDLY and I was ready to murder it

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Ironic Twist posted:

The Lions should beat the Ravens in the Superbowl. I think it would be swell

*looks at Lamar’s record against the NFC*

*looks at the results of Week 7*

lol good luck with that

Basically, if the Ravens make it out of the AFCCG whoever wins the NFC shouldn’t even bother to get on the plane.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Joe Flacco is going to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl again and I will turn into the Joker

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

AndrewP posted:

Joe Flacco is going to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl again and I will turn into the Joker

I am so down to clown with this reality.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Joe Flacco is going to beat the 49ers in the Super Bowl again and I will go to church regularly after

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I so wish Darnold had gotten that second touchdown because the 49ers wouldn't get the ball back regardless.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

AndrewP posted:

I’m still amazed at how open Kittle was able to get downfield. Thank god the defensive line put Purdy in hell because they were immediately getting some chunk plays that teams don’t usually get on the Ravens.

Ravens unquestionably won that game in the trenches. D-line just threw the 49ers' offensive line around like toys, and Ravens' O-line was absurdly physical. Congrats to your monstrous team.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Remember when Atlanta came out and publicly stated “Lamar sucks and we’re not interested in him?”

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Illegal Hen
Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Coldforge posted:

Ravens unquestionably won that game in the trenches. D-line just threw the 49ers' offensive line around like toys, and Ravens' O-line was absurdly physical. Congrats to your monstrous team.

Ravens look very scary, but I remain confident in Lamar's ability to flame out in the post season.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Coldforge posted:

The O-line play is what really shocked me. Those flat out are not the same tackles that nearly killed Lamar against the Jaguars. If they can keep playing like that the sky is the limit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

a neat cape posted:

:buddy:

It is interesting that I've adapted to saying the Rams are in LA instead of St. Louis, but the Chargers simply feel like a San Diego team.

Raiders are also a coinflip for being called Oak or LV.