Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Coldforge posted:

Ravens unquestionably won that game in the trenches. D-line just threw the 49ers' offensive line around like toys, and Ravens' O-line was absurdly physical. Congrats to your monstrous team.

I distinctly remember a number of CMC runs where one of the DL would just grab him and stop him dead in his tracks. CMC with a full head of steam just being yoinked out of reality and placed on the ground.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Ironic Twist posted:

The Lions should beat the Ravens in the Superbowl. I think it would be swell

I would be thrilled for the Lions to be in the Super Bowl at all

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Speaking of which, I’m curious how the Lions/Cowboys game will go. I think it might be a shootout where Gibbs and Monty do a bunch of rushing yards while Ceedee and dak carve up the lions secondary

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Welp, the fake stat has confirmed it, folks

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kalensc posted:

:buddy:

It is interesting that I've adapted to saying the Rams are in LA instead of St. Louis, but the Chargers simply feel like a San Diego team.

Raiders are also a coinflip for being called Oak or LV.

The Rams were in LA for decades before, so if you are an older fan or watched a lot of NFL Films, or even played old video games like the original Tecmo Super Bowl :thurman:, “LA Rams” isn’t that insane.

The Chargers were in San Diego for 50+ years and everyone hated them moving. They should still be in San Diego with their cool Super Chargers song.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

The337th posted:

Fake stats giveth, fake stats taketh

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Brock Purdy: 31td, 11int
Jordan Love: 30td, 11int

Pick ur mvp

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

The337th posted:

What? you don't like the stat that has Flacco as worse then Bryce Young, Tommy Cutlets or QB Falcons over the last 4 games?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Eveyones talking about how Lamar is gonna win the mvp instead of Purdy, which, whatever, who cares. The bigger thing last night is that Pat Ricard > Kyle Juszczyk.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Neither are as good as Ingold so who cares

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

TheBizzness posted:

I wont stand for this. Im going to sit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
MVFB is the most important award :schotty:

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

Eveyones talking about how Lamar is gonna win the mvp instead of Purdy, which, whatever, who cares. The bigger thing last night is that Pat Ricard > Kyle Juszczyk.

They’re both Ravens, we always come out on top

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

TheBizzness posted:

Ravens killed Purdy's MVP campaign last week. This week they're coming for Ingold's MVFB.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Keep thinking this is the NFC south thread

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

Keep thinking this is the NFC south thread

A lot of people have been saying this

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Speaking of which, I’m curious how the Lions/Cowboys game will go. I think it might be a shootout where Gibbs and Monty do a bunch of rushing yards while Ceedee and dak carve up the lions secondary

I've been waiting for this game all season. It'll finally tell us if the Lions can actually do anything in the post season. If the Cowboys blow them off the field then we can probably expect a 1st round exit.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Illegal Hen
What happens if the Lions & Cowboys tie?

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Android Apocalypse posted:

In the regular season or the playoffs

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh

They swap quarterbacks and play another OT

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

lol you know the refs wont let that happen

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

Nervous posted:

I get sad when Maru doesn't make at least top 4 in SC2 :(

i get sad whenever Marss doesn't win so i sympathize :smith:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Earth immediately leaves orbit and crashes into the Sun.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

fartknocker posted:

The Rams were in LA for decades before, so if you are an older fan or watched a lot of NFL Films, or even played old video games like the original Tecmo Super Bowl :thurman:, “LA Rams” isn’t that insane.

The Chargers were in San Diego for 50+ years and everyone hated them moving. They should still be in San Diego with their cool Super Chargers song.

Yeah LA Rams actually seems more normal to me then St Louis. The Chargers will always be SD as far as I'm concerned.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

BSOD

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

The one thing not lovely about the Browns move was Cleveland got to keep the name, records, etc. It's lovely that other towns like Houston, San Diego, Baltimore, etc just lost teams and history forever, even when some of them get replacements later.

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

wilderthanmild posted:

The one thing not lovely about the Browns move was Cleveland got to keep the name, records, etc. It's lovely that other towns like Houston, San Diego, Baltimore, etc just lost teams and history forever, even when some of them get replacements later.

I dunno, the whole thing where we all pretend that this iteration of the Browns isn't an expansion franchise founded in 1999 is weird. Better to acknowledge the loss than to act like it never happened.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Black Lighter posted:

I dunno, the whole thing where we all pretend that this iteration of the Browns isn't an expansion franchise founded in 1999 is weird. Better to acknowledge the loss than to act like it never happened.

I agree.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Black Lighter posted:

At the same time, you can't pretend that the history of an NFL team in that city didn't happen. Modell wanted to take the history with him and the city went supernova and sued the poo poo out of him to keep that history and I respect that.

Jim Brown played in Cleveland
The Kardiac Kids played in Cleveland
The Dawg Pound was founded in Cleveland
The mid-late '80s Kosar Browns played in Cleveland...etc

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Dec 27, 2023

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
I think it helps that a lot of the quintessential early Ravens, like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, and so on, were never Browns. So even though they moved, the Ravens always sorta felt like a brand new thing when I was a kid in a way say, the Titans bringing over Steve McNair and Eddie George didn't.

Plus I'm maybe the only person on the planet that thinks this, but I love the Browns minimalist aesthetic and brown/orange color scheme and it'd have been a tragedy to replace it with another variety of angry cat or something.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Dutchy posted:

Plus I'm maybe the only person on the planet that thinks this, but I love the Browns minimalist aesthetic and brown/orange color scheme and it'd have been a tragedy to replace it with another variety of angry cat or something.

Nah, the Browns uniforms are classic and almost universally regarded. They’ve tried twice to update them to something modern, once for like one year in like 1984 and it lasted like a single preseason game, and then that awful pattern they went to in 2015 that everyone hated so badly they went back to their classic uniforms as soon as the 5-year redesign window opened up.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Black Sunshine posted:

At the same time, you can't pretend that the history of an NFL team in that city didn't happen. Modell wanted to take the history with him and the city went supernova and sued the poo poo out of him to keep that history and I respect that.

Jim Brown played in Cleveland
The Kardiac Kids played in Cleveland
The Dawg Pound was founded in Cleveland
The mid-late '80s Kosar Browns played in Cleveland...etc

Yeah, that's how I view it. It's the city/fans history.

It's also worth noting that the Browns situation was unique in that their lawsuit was successful enough to put the move a risk AND the NFL was going through an era of expansion so the NFL was able to barter with the city/ticker holders by offering the name/history stays with an expansion team a few years later.

I do wanna know how things went in the other versions of the timeline where Cleveland successfully sues in court but Modell still hates them, forcing the team to either remain in Cleveland or shutter until 1999 or 2005(depending on which particular pieces of the lawsuit succeed) Remaining would be funny because it would probably be a spiteful angry Modell intentionally inflicting misery unlike the accidental misery the expansion franchise gave us. Shuttering would be the funniest to an outside observer, where everyone ends up unhappy.

Dutchy posted:

I think it helps that a lot of the quintessential early Ravens, like Ray Lewis, Jamal Lewis, Jonathan Ogden, and so on, were never Browns. So even though they moved, the Ravens always sorta felt like a brand new thing when I was a kid in a way say, the Titans bringing over Steve McNair and Eddie George didn't.

Jamal Lewis was a Brown... later on the expansion team after leaving the Ravens. But yeah, it helps that the Ravens felt like they got a fully new identity after the move.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Once again lolling at Ernest Byner being in the Ravens RoH. There's not a single Ravens fan that considers the Browns history ours, it's like one of the few things we all agree on.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Dec 27, 2023

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
No one complains about the niners performing San Francisco blackface after they moved their franchise.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I'm still Big Mad about that ref-assisted safety. I just watched the end zone view and I have zero doubt Lamar gets out of the end zone and at least throws the ball away without the clumsy ref getting in his way. there was nobody in front of him and he was still looking downfield before tripping.

"don't run into the end zone" is good advice for normal quarterbacks, not Lamar who has made a career from escaping poo poo like that. there should be a rule that blows the play dead or something if the ref can't get his rear end out of the way during a live play. :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Lamar should play smarter and not run into a ref

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

AndrewP posted:

I'm still Big Mad about that ref-assisted safety. I just watched the end zone view and I have zero doubt Lamar gets out of the end zone and at least throws the ball away without the clumsy ref getting in his way. there was nobody in front of him and he was still looking downfield before tripping.

"don't run into the end zone" is good advice for normal quarterbacks, not Lamar who has made a career from escaping poo poo like that. there should be a rule that blows the play dead or something if the ref can't get his rear end out of the way during a live play. :colbert:

League got very lucky for that to happen early in the game and have no impact on the outcome

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Bip Roberts posted:

No one complains about the niners performing San Francisco blackface after they moved their franchise.

What does this even mean?

Okay so I assume you're talking about the Santa Clara stadium but it's not really the same thing because the team didn't change their name at all and they're still within a reasonable driving distance from the city. Granted, it's the longest drive of any NFL team from downtown to the stadium but it's not anyone else's fault that the fanbase/city is so gutless and docile that they didn't set the team's corporate headquarters on fire for moving the stadium that far out.

The coolest teams actually have stadiums downtown

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Dec 27, 2023

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

AndrewP posted:

If a ref blows a play dead while the qb is in the end zone, is it still a safety?

Maybe blow the whistle and call interferance by an official. Replay of down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Flikken posted:

Maybe blow the whistle and call interferance by an official. Replay of down.

yeah this.

when a punt hits the Jumbotron in Dallas, they replay the down. Nobody says "just don't punt so high" because that'd be stupid