Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VERY COOL MAN
Jun 24, 2011

THESE PACKETS ARE... SUMMARILY DEALT WITH

Captain Hygiene posted:

No way Ethan's below the halfway point on the failboy scale. He's a good dad, and he's got the achievements to prove it!

re7 ethan is a failboy but village ethan is a nearly unstoppable dad mold death god

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Captain Hygiene posted:

No way Ethan's below the halfway point on the failboy scale. He's a good dad, and he's got the achievements to prove it!

I mean, if you want to get technical about it (RE8 spoilers) Ethan Prime was actually a pretty lovely dude. Lost his wife and then died shortly after finding her. Mold Ethan is a good daddy

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ethan is pretty failboy. Constantly befuddled, loses multiple limbs and major organs, married to a literal bioterrorism seller, chooses to save her over saving the innocent girl, he's pretty much a giant mess of a dude.

That said Alan absolutely deserves to be behind him because Alan is a hot garbage fire of a man who fails to have even the successes that Ethan does and is also just the worst loving writer.

Edit: I might in fact put Alan behind James Sunderland. At least James Sunderland can blame everything on an adorable dog.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Mr. Lobe posted:

You mean Sebastian from Evil Within?

If not either specify a position or clarify your tastes in men

i mean sebastian is a piece but i mean this unk
https://residentevil.fandom.com/wiki/HUNK

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
SOMA guy should really just be in the middle, since he's literally "just some dude".

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Feels Villeneuve posted:

SOMA guy should really just be in the middle, since he's literally "just some dude".

He's in many ways "a pretty dumb easily manipulated dude"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm liking the Quarry a lot but man is the soundtrack a lot of Butt Rock dreck.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Imagine not liking butt rock

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Meowywitch posted:

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm liking the Quarry a lot but man is the soundtrack a lot of Butt Rock dreck.

Did you hear that song that goes "CAUSE I'M A BALLSACK! MY BALLSACKKK!!!" yet.

Apparently the singer is saying "monster" but I swear it sounds like "Ballsack"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I like the very horny song about love being a tiger that randomly plays over some B-roll in the Hackett basement in chapter 7.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Captain Hygiene posted:

Ethan is really whiny

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
No matter how hard they try to duplicate SH2, you can't recreate what a poo poo-weasel James Sunderland was.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I put on this 20 minute video in between work and writing and, while it is nowhere near a good game, it's worth a quick watch because of how it manages to subvert expectations (likely by accident) at several turns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtMlLL0Ips

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Midnight Pooptrain posted:

No matter how hard they try to duplicate SH2, you can't recreate what a poo poo-weasel James Sunderland was.

Really, Harry and Heather are basically the only Silent Hill protagonists besides James with any substance to them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I put on this 20 minute video in between work and writing and, while it is nowhere near a good game, it's worth a quick watch because of how it manages to subvert expectations (likely by accident) at several turns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtMlLL0Ips

i like this gal's initiative

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
puppet combo needs to sue for gimmick infringement

great username
Dec 28, 2023

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I know lethal company is a hot new game but I read the less you know about it going in, the better. So having said that can someone give me an elevator pitch I can pass on to my friends to see if we want to try it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAzQJqQb8nI

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

I love how it comes out backwards, so he gets the slow-turn and reveal of it not being their friend.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
the developer knows most of his sales/publicity come from wacky stream clips and the mask just poured rocket fuel on that particular fire

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Nuebot posted:

Really, Harry and Heather are basically the only Silent Hill protagonists besides James with any substance to them.

For like 15 years I remembered the protagonist of The Room as Daniel. His name is Henry. The beige of survival horror protags.

when is that fat security guard game coming out?

great username
Dec 28, 2023

Honestly the whole game is a vibe, especially if you gently caress with things like analog horror, the backrooms, liminal space poo poo, SCP, it's kind of a collage of all of it stuffed into a breezy survival session game, i'm super impressed with how... well it all gels together, like some cursed jello mold casserole from the 70's with lots of unidentifiable chunks in it

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Midnight Pooptrain posted:

For like 15 years I remembered the protagonist of The Room as Daniel. His name is Henry. The beige of survival horror protags.

when is that fat security guard game coming out?

I like The Room but my god Henry is literally less memorable than his wall paper.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

Some dudes

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Meowywitch posted:

I too have played Dead Rising

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Greatest butt rock moments in horror/horror-adjacent gaming

1) that turret segment in FEAR 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KlrXQAQXrA

2) WOOOOOOOA HE AINT MY BOY BUT MY BROTHA IS HEAVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeThz30JtQ

Fighting Elegy
Jan 2, 2007
I do not masturbate; I FIGHT!
Now I wake up every morning with a FAT CUP OF PISS.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nuebot posted:

Honestly I'd hesitate to agree on Harry. I like the dumbass but 90% of his personality is retroactive after SH3.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

Some of the dumbest dudes you will ever know.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

I like The Room but my god Henry is literally less memorable than his wall paper.

It's because SH4 is really Walter's story and Henry is just the guy it's happening to.

Feels Villeneuve posted:

2) WOOOOOOOA HE AINT MY BOY BUT MY BROTHA IS HEAVY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDeThz30JtQ

To this day I still don't know if the convicts respawning is a bug they never fixed or a 100% deliberate dick move.

The Cheshire Cat fucked around with this message at 23:58 on Dec 28, 2023

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Is Sonic Adventure 2 butt rock? It's bad and it's very good

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

ImpAtom posted:

Honestly I'd hesitate to agree on Harry. I like the dumbass but 90% of his personality is retroactive after SH3.

He was a dude who cared for his child before that became an entire genre of game.

TheWorldsaStage
Sep 10, 2020

Morpheus posted:

:colbert:

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

Man is willing to go through hell to save his daughter, that's king poo poo.

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.
Bloodwash has something that I loving adore in horror games: multiple player characters. Clock Tower 1(the one after the first) forever holds a special place in my heart because of this.

Remake Martian Gothic, cowards. Make it less infuriating!

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Morpheus posted:

Crush 40 is very buttock

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Gaius Marius posted:

Man is willing to go through hell to save his daughter, that's king poo poo.

Unless you are Christophe Gans, in which case it is exclusively queen poo poo.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Meowywitch posted:

Crush 40 is very buttock

Crush 40 are Christian rock except they sing about Sonic instead of Jesus

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman