Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What do you call the disposable plastic bags with the clip at the top?
Zip Lock Bags
Glad Bags
View Results

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
it's about fifty thousand hogsheads per football field

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
its a lot of piss

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

The Peccadillo posted:

For non metric people, :getout:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
What's that in bushells and cubits?

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

They should just bring back the original solo man, free him from prison, and put a GoPro on him

NVJ should be the next Solo man.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lolie posted:

NVJ should be the next Solo man.

He can't do anything until jestery unbans him.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape

ili posted:

He can't do anything until jestery unbans him.

Inshallah

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Maximum Sexy Pigeon posted:

A bunch of boats have been rescuing people from trees all day by the looks of it. Last I heard was a lot of choppers had been grounded due to weather, but it looks like they're active now.

So that's why they call it gods oval office tree

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Kharnifex posted:

So that's why they call it gods oval office tree

Close, but nothing will ever top Gough's response to some bloke in parliament yelling "I am a country member! I am a Country member!!"

"Yes, we remember"

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

We must never speak of this!

webmeister posted:

Close, but nothing will ever top Gough's response to some bloke in parliament yelling "I am a country member! I am a Country member!!"

"Yes, we remember"

Sir Winton George Turnbull, CBE (13 December 1899 – 15 January 1980), member of the Australian Country Party, precursor to the National Party of Australia.

So the Nats have a long history of being unlikeable.

(No relation to Malcolm)

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

Cool Bunnings

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
The sausages finally got there revenge.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

Chrpno posted:

Cool Bunnings

If you can find a lower roof, we’ll beat it by 10%

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
I had a running sausage the other day and it tasted like they stopped using the cheapest possible sausages and started using the cheapest possible hot dogs. Wtf is this poo poo I paid $2.50 I expect quality.

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

Not So Tough Now...

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Chrpno posted:

Cool Bunnings

AI is getting better at words

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Australiana thread, looking at sulfie, see maccas setup in the background and go "gee that maccas looks Aussie, wonder if it is" before taking into account all the rest of the poo poo going on with this post.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Holiday season is upon us. Just watched a wasted dude face plant onto the street while trying to put a pill out of his baggie. He kept digging in the bag rather than get out of the bus lane. Certainly didn't seem to feel the damage and went on his merry way when his buddies came back to get him.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I just remembered out of the blue one of my favourite movies. It's ostensibly a nature doc about the cane toad plague but it has this weird vibe where it's kind of a goofy horror comedy? Never seen anything else like it and everyone interviewed is a weird person with weird thoughts about cane toads

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SBLf1tsoaw

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The Peccadillo posted:

I just remembered out of the blue one of my favourite movies. It's ostensibly a nature doc about the cane toad plague but it has this weird vibe where it's kind of a goofy horror comedy? Never seen anything else like it and everyone interviewed is a weird person with weird thoughts about cane toads

Think they made a shot for shot remake with all the barehanded handling of cane toads removed because that is not something you should suggest as a good or okay idea because they are pretty poisonous

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

The Peccadillo posted:

Better or worse than Bad Boy Bubby?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

Inceltown posted:

Better or worse than Bad Boy Bubby?

Better

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/Q3apaSp.mp4

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

The only thing weirder than knowing what kinda tires you own is lamenting that the last ones you had were better at doing roadkill

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

petition to make that the thread background

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

The little tyre screech then pop is hilarious. It's a wonder he didn't roll it

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Australiana: weird thoughts about cane toads

Maximum Sexy Pigeon
Jun 5, 2008

It'd be much easier these days, power steering and such. Throwing a 60's Valiant around wasn't easy, but they managed to do it.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owMpUOJjhHQ

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Your GPS is wrong, this is not the best route to Perth

KajiTheMelonMan
Sep 2, 2004

I killed a Tuskarr

quote:

"If I wasn't towing a caravan, I would have kept going but the wife doesn't like to be upset."

Caravan on gravel huh

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

This poo poo really annoyed me when I drove around Australia a couple of years back - online maps basically have no way of determining "this road exists but is absolutely not something that should be recommended". As far as it's concerned, the road exists and probably has a speed limit of 80 or 100 kph so therefore it will be the quickest way.

Constantly relying on GPS but having to second-guess it as well was super annoying.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

This has blown up a bit, but the truth of the matter is that the maps apps are correct.

The old road is perfectly fine, especially at the times of year when tourists would be travelling in that area (nobody goes to the Wheatbelt in winter), and it's a few kilometers shorter and skips a town. (Hmm, I wonder why the town council put the sign up?)

If you don't want to travel on an unsealed road, then you can follow the sign suggestion.

webmeister posted:

This poo poo really annoyed me when I drove around Australia a couple of years back - online maps basically have no way of determining "this road exists but is absolutely not something that should be recommended". As far as it's concerned, the road exists and probably has a speed limit of 80 or 100 kph so therefore it will be the quickest way.

They do, because they record the speed of people following that route and use it to adjust route weightings.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

~Coxy posted:

They do, because they record the speed of people following that route and use it to adjust route weightings.

So a local pinging along a gravel road at 90 in their Landcruiser makes a good recommendation for an 85 year old towing a caravan behind a Kia

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

webmeister posted:

Constantly relying on GPS but having to second-guess it as well was super annoying.

I remember I was trying to walk something and went to google maps for directions. It tried to send me through a car scrapyard with large trespassers will be prosecuted signs everywhere.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

theres a sign like this out at biddadabba when youre going from beaudesert to the gold coast and one day i was on a late night drive to the coast and i decided to just follow it to see what happens and i wound up on a dirt road going 5 ks bc there were cows everywhere and when i tried to turn around there was an impenetrable wall of cows that had been following me and i was certaim i was about to die

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

webmeister posted:

So a local pinging along a gravel road at 90 in their Landcruiser makes a good recommendation for an 85 year old towing a caravan behind a Kia

People towing caravans don't need their GPS to tell them to do the wrong thing at all times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

:wrong:

Poor Jezza, thought of cows and died