Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

seiferguy posted:

As much as I love the Broncos eating massive poo poo for the Russ deal, the fact that they're still in the playoff hunt and throwing up the white flag now just shows how bitchmade that franchise is. You're benching Russ to save money? foh

Russ sucks, Payton hates him and the playoffs are a pipe dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Mcqueen posted:

The Seahawks have the opportunity to do something amazing here.

First thing I thought of too for the fun of it, if only to play up the trade, but the bridge was burned between him and Pete/John and honestly Geno has been as good as he was on his way out and his Denver tenure.

My next projection. He becomes a journeyman QB for 3-5 years before retiring after getting a team to a wild card playoff loss and signs a one day deal to retire a Seahawk.

Lifespan fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Dec 28, 2023

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

DC Murderverse posted:

Deebo Samuel got got
Amazing to me that these kids were able to make Deebo think they were Cam just by texting him in that same loving obnoxious way that he types on social media

Cam's authorial voice being the same as teenage social media trolls :hmmyes:

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

Pittsburgh makes sense, or somewhere where he's a placeholder until a 1st round pick is ready to play.

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

If Stafford does retire after this season I could see The Rams being a landing spot for Russ.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

DC Murderverse posted:

Deebo Samuel got got

https://twitter.com/nfl_dovkleiman/status/1740203581129806326?s=46&t=5gxKQFzDrDvx-7j58Ypw3g

Amazing to me that these kids were able to make Deebo think they were Cam just by texting him in that same loving obnoxious way that he types on social media

iF sOmEbOdY tExTeD lIkE tHIS id believe it was SpongeBob

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Atlanta with Russ could be really good

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Steve Smith was better and more dominant than AJ, it's horseshit he didn't get in last year. I will die on this hill.

No loving returner deserves a HOF spot over Steve Smith. gently caress all y'all. Agent 89 deserves to get in.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

Corzaa posted:

If Stafford does retire after this season I could see The Rams being a landing spot for Russ.

gently caress that, i don't want Russ back in the NFC West

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

BlindSite posted:

Steve Smith was better and more dominant than AJ, it's horseshit he didn't get in last year. I will die on this hill.

No loving returner deserves a HOF spot over Steve Smith. gently caress all y'all. Agent 89 deserves to get in.

Tell them to put in Holt and Wayne already so Smith can finally get past the semifinalist stage

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

BlindSite posted:

my two votes are for steve smith and devin hester

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

I am very conflicted about this TNF coming up. I don't want the Browns to win, but I might be emotionally devastated if Joe is bad in prime time.

really need the Browns defense to lay an egg against... Zach Wilson

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

AndrewP posted:

I am very conflicted about this TNF coming up. I don't want the Browns to win, but I might be emotionally devastated if Joe is bad in prime time.

really need the Browns defense to lay an egg against... Zach Wilson

It's Trevor Siemian

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Woozie66 posted:

It's Trevor Siemian

Its the Browns

Anything can happen

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I didn't say it couldn't. I was just trying to be helpful.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

I didn't say it couldn't. I was just trying to be helpful.

I mean we let the Joe Flacco led Jets score 17 points on us in like 3 minutes including a long TD to Elijiah Moore last year

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Russ on the Cardinals until they wreck another #1 overall pick.

AJA
Mar 28, 2015

Borsche69 posted:

my two votes are for steve smith and devin hester

That's not how you spell julian edelman and matthew slater

Flikken posted:

Its the Browns

Title, evergreen

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

shyduck posted:

I keep having visions of him in a Washington Commanders uniform

Russ can just go out ignominiously from planting his foot wrong on that garbage-rear end field.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 28, 2023

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Commanders kinda half blew up their roster. I can't see em signing Russ. He'll want to go to someone he sees as a contender.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is stafford...maybe retiring? i think he almost did after the super bowl. i could maybe see wilson there in that case?

otherwise, i think tennessee or atlanta. minnesota would be hilarious assuming cousins heads elsewhere, which i don't think is likely.

just not chicago!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Name Change posted:

Russ can just go out ignominiously during from planting his foot wrong on that garbage-rear end field.

full circle, since the game when RG3 did that was Russ' first playoff win

abelwingnut posted:

is stafford...maybe retiring? i think he almost did after the super bowl. i could maybe see wilson there in that case?

otherwise, i think tennessee or atlanta. minnesota would be hilarious assuming cousins heads elsewhere, which i don't think is likely.

just not chicago!

I don't think the fit is right. feels like McVay really really needs someone who will hit intermediate dig routes and that isn't Russ' game.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

abelwingnut posted:

is stafford...maybe retiring?

He and McVay are each on a yearly basis thing where they're never again going to be expected to be there long-term. Stafford's old, has an injury history and got his ring; McVay always said he didn't want to do this forever, and what he was in it to do he's already accomplished (including but especially the ring). The endgame is in sight, even if it's not necessarily ending up "January is it" close, and that's why rumors have persisted around both for two years now and isn't going to stop next month

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the funniest scenario, without a doubt, is rodgers doing a rodgers and somehow removing himself off the jets rosters and wilson becoming the new jets qb. would be incredible.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

It’s Addams Family, obviously

A goon of culture, I see :hmmyes:

And yeah if that report is true the Broncos are doing some lovely Walmart poo poo, If I was Russ I'd tell them to piss off too

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

abelwingnut posted:

the funniest scenario, without a doubt, is rodgers doing a rodgers and somehow removing himself off the jets rosters and wilson becoming the new jets qb. would be incredible.

Through a series of trades and roster shenanigans, Russ ends up in Green Bay, Jordan Love ends up on the Jets, Rodgers ends in Carolina because Tepper, with Bryce Young on the bench and Ben McAdoo or whoever Rodgers likes that week as head coach. Then, in the first quarter of the season, Rodgers gets hurt again so Bryce ends up trying to throw slants to Randall Cobb. All of them finish with 10+ losses and we laugh.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE
Leger Douzable was on SiriusXM and made a pretty interesting connection.

Jarrett Stidham was the same guy who replaced Carr, who like Russ was purposely benched to avoid injury and to avoid having to pay out.

Both QBs were replaced after a Christmas Eve game.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

I don't care how many great offensive/defensive players have to wait to get in, Devin Hester not being a first ballot hall of famer is a joke

MediaPlayerClassic
Aug 24, 2012
Nevermind that poo poo

https://twitter.com/ProFootballHOF/status/1740191861006823441

Vote in Mongo

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

abelwingnut posted:

it was later found out there was a reason: russ snapped the ball way too early. the coaches were trying to determine if they should review the last play, which looked like a touchdown from everyone on the ground and above. russ snapped it with like :15 to go.

it was very dumb of him and cost them.

That's a terrible reason because Payton can just tell Russ with the voice he has in his helmet to slow down.

Also neither one of those plays was getting overturned.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Senior nominees are a separate group from the modern day players and usually go in, so he’s probably a lock.

Something something common clay

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Can’t believe Russ rushed into a play to the detriment of his team in a high stakes situation.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

Flikken posted:

I mean we let the Joe Flacco led Jets score 17 points on us in like 3 minutes including a long TD to Elijiah Moore last year

What does that have to do with me correcting which QB is starting? I wasn't trying to say anything past "It's not Wilson, it's Siemeian."

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

McMichael should also be in the baseball hall of fame for getting kicked out of a Cubs game because he encouraged fans to boo famous dogshit umpire angel hernandez while singing take me out to the ballgame during the 7th inning stretch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6htcE_vvZxg

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Woozie66 posted:

What does that have to do with me correcting which QB is starting? I wasn't trying to say anything past "It's not Wilson, it's Siemeian."

I was trying to mame a joke about the last time ee played the Jets and two of the pivotal players in that comeback is om our team now.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Doltos posted:

Hester doesn't deserve HoF. It's not the hall of very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv_4NUZ-_YU

Hester isn't even close to being the best returner of all time. If you put him in you have to put in Josh Cribbs and Cordarrelle Patterson and at that point the hall is meaningless.

what the poo poo

Hester, for multiple seasons, did more for the Bears offense than any actual player on the offense did.

Patterson was ok, Cribbs was real good, Hester was a goddamn monster.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Mongo ruled in WCW

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
The idea of Hester getting in over a bunch of incredible WRs stuck in a logjam kinda sucks, but since returns are (or were, I guess, since kickoff returns are all but gone) an enormous part of the game and he changed every game he was in by virtue of making teams play around him, it's hard to say he doesn't deserve to be there.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

R.D. Mangles posted:

PUT DEVIN HESTER IN THE loving HALL OF FAME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Hester’s opening kickoff return in the superbowl as a rookie is enough in my mind to say he was special.