Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

baby storm which is honestly not too bad for a baby variant (and all her best variants are super rare/ultimate)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I'm not seeing a login reward today?

e: appeared after I closed an opened the app, Hipp Typhoid Mary

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Alex Ross Invisible woman. Pretty legit. However, I was able to pull nyan taco cat deadpool from conquest premium card.

incoherent fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 28, 2023

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Dan Hipp Rescue here. Don't know that I've ever really used her. :(

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
I got baby Elektra as my mystery variant. I guess you can't argue with free, but dang it I really want to.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Dan Hipp Rescue here. Don't know that I've ever really used her. :(

Rescue should be a 2 or 3-drop. A 4-drop that scales when you play something else into that lane sucks because you don't want to be telegraphing which lane you're developing that late into the game.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Pixel Venom, but I’ve got the Hipp one sooooo…

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
anyone having trouble connecting on PC?

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

Picked up Ryan Brown Thing as my mystery variant. Then immediately drew another Psylocke variant. At least it wasn't Ant-Man, again.

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
Anyone know what the last two cards are in this list? Destroyed my Loki deck in Conquest just now.

# (2) Shadow King
# (2) Zabu
# (2) Jeff the Baby Land Shark
# (2) Maximus
# (3) Gladiator
# (3) Killmonger
# (3) Mobius M. Mobius
# (4) Shang-Chi
# (4) Enchantress
# (5) Sera

Pretty sure Sera was the top end. Nova would make sense to me but they never played it. Possibly also Polaris but never saw that either. Scarlet Witch? I used to play those three in my Sera decks.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
looks similar to the counter deck that got posted yesterday or the day before - probably Ms Marvel and Legion

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Yeah Ms Marvel makes sense because of Zabu. I think Scarlet Witch might be better than Legion though.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Legion's really good, you get to choose the location - Witch beats Limbo for cheaper, but Legion can win in other ways and Scarlet Witch will sometimes blow up in your face

Plus the deck kinda lacks power so you need some big cards

hanyolo
Jul 18, 2013
I am an employee of the Microsoft Gaming Division and they pay me to defend the Xbox One on the Something Awful Forums
Yeah legion has been great in that deck, I didn't have gladiator so I swapped it out for x-23 which is a good filler for a Ms marvel lane or kill mongered on turn 3 for a turn 4 Sera or legion

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

wyoak posted:

Legion's really good, you get to choose the location - Witch beats Limbo for cheaper, but Legion can win in other ways and Scarlet Witch will sometimes blow up in your face

Plus the deck kinda lacks power so you need some big cards

Actually I think I did get a Legion from Loki once so it makes sense. I think Gladiator+ Maximus are probably enough power along with shadow king and Shang but that might be my old school Sera decks talking.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Last King posted:

if you're early pool three, that def. is the worst time i remember trying to climb.

shaw has not been great in this meta, esp. since other cards are out powering him.

do you have access to the token shop? one really good performing deck type (high evo) can pretty much be played as soon as you have the 6k tokens needed to grab him.

if not, def. try to stick with one deck to climb. early pool three climbing i remember taking a wong deck all the way, but can be tough in the current meta since there's a lot of lockdown, control, etc. going around, and cosmo, rogue, enchantress, and co. all screw with him.

if you can post a list / ss of the pool three cards you do have, i'm sure folks can help pull together a decent deck list for you to continue climbing with.

can also join the discord and ping folks there... i'm always up for watching some games and trying to help / backseat.

cheers, I wasn't fully into Pool 3 yet when I posted this but I'm a few cards in now. So far have:

Adam Warlock
Agatha Harkness
Beast
Death
Destroyer
Ghost Rider
Human Torch
Juggernaut
Magneto
Rogue
She-Hulk
Spider-Man
Ultron

:shobon:

e: and I can claim Mystique for the next ~7 hours

ijyt fucked around with this message at 12:33 on Dec 28, 2023

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Got Hipp Elsa from the freebie which is cool, though I don't actually ever use Elsa these days.

Then immediately pulled two pixels out of season/collector caches.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ooo first key, got Iron Lad

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

ijyt posted:

cheers, I wasn't fully into Pool 3 yet when I posted this but I'm a few cards in now. So far have:

Destroyer

It's been outclassed at the upper levels of the meta now, but Destroyer used to be a top tier build around card. You want Prof X, Armor, and Cosmo to protect your own things from being blown up. Notice how those are all ongoing cards? Fill the rest of the deck with other ongoing cards like Ant-Man and Warpath, and then top that part of the deck off with Spectrum. It's been a year+, but this build was tier 1 for a while and is pretty fun to play. You could throw the Rogue in there too to steal other peoples' ongoing effects.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

victorious posted:

Anyone know what the last two cards are in this list? Destroyed my Loki deck in Conquest just now.

Holy bejesus thanks for posting this. I was stuck between 67-69 for literally a week and this deck just got me over the hump. Absolutely mashes InSheNaut.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Second time to Infinite, a Christmas miracle! Managed to do it on the back of Ronan the Accuser, of all cards

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
I can't wait for White Palace to stop being featured so this cute little Agatha meme goes the hell away

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

(It's you!)

Hobo Clown posted:

Second time to Infinite, a Christmas miracle! Managed to do it on the back of Ronan the Accuser, of all cards

One of the rare occasions where a super rare card looks better with the split foil background. I'm close to my first one for this, looking forward to it.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Reek posted:

I'm not seeing a login reward today?

e: appeared after I closed an opened the app, Hipp Typhoid Mary

Best Typhoid there is, honestly

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.

Red posted:

None of them are good but the Hipp is still the best so I won't complain

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Hobo Clown posted:

Okay, the left arm is Wolverine, the chest is Gambit, and the right side of her face is Rogue. But who are the right arm and left hip?

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
My guess is they're supposed to be part of the rogue and wolverine transitions

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat

Red posted:

all of the other typhoid mary variants being awful (other than hipp) is why i dropped 5k tokens on my one and only ultimate variant for her fantasy version.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Nikumatic posted:

all of the other typhoid mary variants being awful (other than hipp) is why i dropped 5k tokens on my one and only ultimate variant for her fantasy version.

Venomized Mary isn’t bad, but it’s definitely overly busy (true of all the Venomized)

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
It's me, the person who hates basically every single Venomized or Knullified variant the way that most people hate Pixels and Babies.

Reek
Nov 3, 2002

every.fucking.year.
I accidently hit make me a deck on the Typhoid Mary and took Shuri for a spin and its still really good, just boring to play

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Nikumatic posted:

It's me, the person who hates basically every single Venomized or Knullified variant the way that most people hate Pixels and Babies.

I think babies are the worst, on average, but you're not wrong. The Venomized and Knullified variants are all edge-lordy trash.

Reek posted:

I accidently hit make me a deck on the Typhoid Mary and took Shuri for a spin and its still really good, just boring to play

Still one of the Top-5 decks in the game, but less than 1% meta share because everyone's sick of playing it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

They are mostly just too busy. Especially the Knullified ones

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Nikumatic posted:

Knullified yes, and most Venomized, but Venomized Hela is sick as hell

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Skippy McPants posted:

The Venomized and Knullified variants are all edge-lordy trash.

Hi! It's me.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

FlamingLiberal posted:

They are mostly just too busy. Especially the Knullified ones

Yeah but then there’s Venomized Red Skull, Okega Red, X-23, Daredevil that feels like it’s an entirely different vibe

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

conquerer carnage is so fuckin cool :swoon:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yeah I have that one and I think it’s fine. But I had a bunch of Knullified variants in my shop yesterday and several of them I had a real hard time seeing the character

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

Venomized Spider -Ham is great but thats probably the only one I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Devo posted:

It's been outclassed at the upper levels of the meta now, but Destroyer used to be a top tier build around card. You want Prof X, Armor, and Cosmo to protect your own things from being blown up. Notice how those are all ongoing cards? Fill the rest of the deck with other ongoing cards like Ant-Man and Warpath, and then top that part of the deck off with Spectrum. It's been a year+, but this build was tier 1 for a while and is pretty fun to play. You could throw the Rogue in there too to steal other peoples' ongoing effects.

Thanks, gonna give this a go! First thing I played I immediately shutdown a carnage/deathlok deck which was amusing.