Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
Warum nicht gleich beides! Rohe Weihnachten !

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Zwille posted:

Rohe Weihnachten !

Friedriche Merzen.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
Ich kann meine Schmerzen nicht Lindnern.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Alles Christen Aus Bethlehem!

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Libluini posted:

suckers, both my mom and me got multiple nasty "Erkältungen" this autumn, and at least in my mom's case it was confirmed that one of those was Covid, so we're both safe now and I can visit her on Christmas :smug:

(not that my colleagues didn't try, at work I was surrounded by a growing group of schniefenden and hustenden Leuten, but I guess after two mystery illnesses in a row my immune system was prepared to fend off a third invasion attempt)

A few weeks ago I was hit with a nasty cold on a buisness trip. (Accordign to the tests not covid) The last day of that I had to leave the hotel at 12 but my flight home wasn't until 22 and wasn't movable either. I felt like poo poo that day, but the office was the only place I could go. That day sucked.

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I can completely see how being able to call in sick for two consecutive days as often as you like with no reported reason while getting paid and only requiring a doctor's note after the third day to extend the period you're getting paid while not being at work is the end of a civilized society, furthermore

That end part is no-poo poo what my ex-boss was shouting to my face about when I'd returned to office after getting an elektronische Krankschreibung per E-Mail.
Old man couldn't understand the world no more.

That finally made me quit that lovely fucker.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

ephex posted:

entweder stirbt heute mein gehirn oder meine leber.

There has never been a more adequate time to say:

Por que no los dos!?

Mein Beileid.

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

ephex posted:

ah, weihnachten. great time to spend time with my gfs familiy from the NRW dorf and hearing the hot takes about ausländers and clans, how die grünen verbieten alles and how "deutschland schafft sich ab" (das hat der sarrazin damals schon richtig gesagt!!!).

I'm feelin you brudi, same for me (except it's my own family) :cripes:
At least 2023 was pretty solid in personal retrospective, so that's nice.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
I wish you all troll free festivities. The more the family has drunk, the less they are racist and annoying. Or is it me? We will never know.

But I just cooked for seven people and nobody died and I'm glad.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
I made duck and schupfnudeln it was good

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Ganz schön nass heute

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Somehow this never found its way here

I know we just got a new thread title but drat

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

That is screaming for a thread title.

Honestly, at this point we should have a daily rotation. I'm sure the forum software can be amended to pick a new thread title from a list each day.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Sereri posted:

Somehow this never found its way here

I know we just got a new thread title but drat

Frohe Weihnachten.

This is a very good thread title imho.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Gans schön saftig heute.

Today I roasted a 5kg Weihnachstgans.
It had thawed over 2 days in the fridge, then brined for 24 hours. Overall very happy with the result.

But for 4 peole an Ente is equally good and needs much less time.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Guys guys guys Wolfgang Schäuble is dead

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

More like Wolf ging

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Rolle in Frieden

Mano
Jul 11, 2012

Yes, but what’s the main course?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Mano posted:

Yes, but what’s the main course?

Mutttis selbst gebackenes Brot mit Schwesterns selbst kredenzter Sauce

Plankalkuel
Mar 29, 2008
Die Besten sterben jung.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

niethan posted:

I made duck and schupfnudeln it was good

That duck looks great! Do Alpensalzpackungen have some actual way to take a just a little bit out nowadays, or do you just take it out by the handful?

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

cant cook creole bream posted:

That duck looks great! Do Alpensalzpackungen have some actual way to take a just a little bit out nowadays, or do you just take it out by the handful?

You just make a little hole in one of the upper edges and then... schüttel es. It's not exactly nuclear science.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Yea the hole is quite tight and then you edge it till the right sized load drizzles out

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

niethan posted:

Yea the hole is quite tight and then you edge it till the right sized load drizzles out

cmon man

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Yeah, that is one possibility.

goethe42
Jun 5, 2004

Ich sei, gewaehrt mir die Bitte, in eurem Bunde der Dritte!

ephex posted:

Yeah, that is one possibility.

The real question is, should it be "cmon Salzende" or "cmon Gesalzene"? Who is the sub-
ject in this call to action?

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Lol if you don’t have a Salzfass smdh

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Zwille posted:

Lol if you don’t have a Salzfass smdh

I'm now imagining some Bajuware salzing his essen by throwing a Fass into his Teller. :allears:

Salzzeit! *CRASH*

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Ah geh weida, du Breznsoiza!

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

I made Senfeier today. Channeling my inner Zoni.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔

Antigravitas posted:

[halfway through installing a disco ball in a deathtrap fortress fulla snakes] ah I think I read that wrong

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Antigravitas posted:

Senfeier are a perfectly viable North German staple food. Together with kale and horse sausage. I had to eat that stuff constantly in my childhood and will never forget the memory of its bad taste. :argh:

In more serious news, looks like Zoltan the Terrible did a number on us. All Niedersachsen are adviced to not shoot rockets this Silvester, because multiple Deiche are close to breaking and the Südharz may be soon a large Freilandaquarium if that Talsperre runs over.

Not exactly a nice way to end the year. Wetterbericht: Mehr Regen is coming. :shepface:

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

Prä-Mauerfall: Senfeier / Zoni
Post-Mauerfall: Sennheiser / Sony

InappropriateJazz
Aug 3, 2013

niethan posted:

Rolle in Frieden

LEUDE BIDDE

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Deutschgoons, I need some practical advice from people who understand snail mail. I need to send an Einschreiben to the Postbank. On their website, it just states the address below. Does the Post actually manage to find this?

Postbank
Privatkunden
53245 Bonn

(https://www.postbank.de/privatkunden/services/kontakt.html#expand=postanschriften)

BabyFur Denny
Mar 18, 2003

Lord Stimperor posted:

Deutschgoons, I need some practical advice from people who understand snail mail. I need to send an Einschreiben to the Postbank. On their website, it just states the address below. Does the Post actually manage to find this?

Postbank
Privatkunden
53245 Bonn

(https://www.postbank.de/privatkunden/services/kontakt.html#expand=postanschriften)

Yes perfectly fine, they just need that number (it's a postbox)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

BabyFur Denny posted:

Yes perfectly fine, they just need that number (it's a postbox)

Wild poo poo!

e: also I just sent a Fax online.