Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

This procedure uses an internal femur nail, not an Ilizarov frame, so at least they don't have to deal with that.

Leg lengthening is cool procedure when medically necessary. This girl went from 3'10" with severely bowed legs to 4'11", and she also had her arms done and gained 4 inches there, too. She had to use Ilizarov frames (there are some pictures in the article). The internal nail sounds like it would be a great option for people like her. https://www.limblength.org/patient-stories/chandler/
That's really cool! Good for her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Oh yeah, that guy totally killed everyone on his spaceflight.

My sympathy for someone in a eugenic hellscape fades into nothingness when they want to be the navigator on an interplanetary vessel where dozens of lives depend on them and they have a fatal heart condition.
It's a triump of the human spirit of selfishly loving up everything for everyone else

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Carthag Tuek posted:

lmao dont remember that scene but immediately assumed it was a leslie nielsen movie
Noir bit, "she had legs that wouldn't quit" iirc?

/e: nope it just goes without comment lmao

stringless has a new favorite as of 12:40 on Dec 28, 2023

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
The absolute hardest I ever laughed at a movie in a theater was when I was juuust the right amount of 17 year old high while watching Wrongfully Accused. When that train went off the rails to chase him through the woods and then "peeked" around the tree I lost it. I had to leave the theater, I was laughing so hard.

The schadenfreude is that I'm one of maybe fifteen people that ever saw that movie.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

Robobot posted:

The absolute hardest I ever laughed at a movie in a theater was when I was juuust the right amount of 17 year old high while watching Wrongfully Accused. When that train went off the rails to chase him through the woods and then "peeked" around the tree I lost it. I had to leave the theater, I was laughing so hard.

The schadenfreude is that I'm one of maybe fifteen people that ever saw that movie.

I remember that movie being the funniest poo poo as a kid/young teen, I wonder how well it held up.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

One of the dumbest endings of a movie ever. Stopping an alien invasion through the power of youtube videos.

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

steinrokkan posted:

This is what an alpha male looks like

That looks like a shot from Lars von Trier's The Kingdom.

e: :thejoke:

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

PurpleXVI posted:

I remember that movie being the funniest poo poo as a kid/young teen, I wonder how well it held up.

Scary Movie and everything that followed ruined big screen comedies forever.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Strays was funny. I was off my balls on a gummy and I refuse to go back and see if it is actually bad (it probably is).

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Robobot posted:

Spaceballs, when the Chestburster started singing. Fully missed the next 5 minutes of the movie from laughing so hard.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

evobatman posted:

Yeah spoofs/parodies and bawdy comedies (The Hangover, American Pie, Deuce Bigalow, etc) are pretty much dead as a genre. There's still a trickle of movies but they never pull in huge audiences like they used to

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I don't watch any movie unless the cover shows a POV looking down a tanned bikini body at the gawping main characters

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Grandma's Boy the first time I watched it had me cry laughing too many times to count

Surprisingly holds up real well too, which I'm very happy about

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

evobatman posted:

I assume you mean because nobody will ever top Scary Movie 1 and 2, I agree

e: pineapple express and this is the end are both great actually

holtemon
May 2, 2019

Dancing is forbidden
While we're on topic, we got into this discussion at work a while back about when the last time you went to a movie theater and actually laughed at a comedy movie

I think my last experience was with Borat lol

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Megillah Gorilla posted:

One of the dumbest endings of a movie ever. Stopping an alien invasion through the power of youtube videos.

haha what? What movie is this?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

The last comedy I saw in theaters well may be Johnny English and I don't remember laughing much

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo

credburn posted:

haha what? What movie is this?

The Arrival with Charlie Sheen

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

holtemon posted:

While we're on topic, we got into this discussion at work a while back about when the last time you went to a movie theater and actually laughed at a comedy movie

Spy was excellent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YrY3v1eDmQY

Content:

https://i.imgur.com/IImxveV.mp4

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Johnny Truant posted:

Grandma's Boy the first time I watched it had me cry laughing too many times to count

Surprisingly holds up real well too, which I'm very happy about

If you haven't heard Nick Swardson talk about Dante, you should.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMZv7ut_Zzk

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

holtemon posted:

Borat was a great theater experience, but by far the most communal laughter I've ever been a part of was watching Jackass 2 in a completely sold out theater. My friends and I were literally in pain from laughing so hard and for so long, top 5 movie experience for sure.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Enos Cabell posted:

Borat was a great theater experience, but by far the most communal laughter I've ever been a part of was watching Jackass 2 in a completely sold out theater. My friends and I were literally in pain from laughing so hard and for so long, top 5 movie experience for sure.

All of the jackass movies are incredible in theater. Highly recommended.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Laughed my rear end off at Cats. That was a great theater experience.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

Jackass Forever had me in tears. That Silence of the Lambs bit :allears:

Edit: Cats I've seen twice in theaters. Both time with extremely rowdy crowds, and one of the times also had burlesque during the musical numbers.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
I mentioned this in another thread, I think. The loudest laugh I've ever heard in a theater was at opening night for the original Mortal Kombat when the lights went down after the trailers and someone yelled "MOORTAAAL KOMMMBATTT" in the darkness. The second loudest was when Queen Latifa's name came on screen in the Sphere opening credits after Sharon Stone, Dustin Hoffman and Samuel L. Jackson.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

I thought Glass Onion was really funny even if it wasn't primarily a comedy.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Oh no, not written profanity!

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
You can disrupt the spell by replacing one of the cursed runes with an asterisk

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
May The Algorithm punish you for this

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

Successfully quashed a proposed road traffic order in 2020 against the installation of an electric charging point outside my house. I now own an electric car but the council refuses to install one because of a prior quashing order actioned by me.

quote:

Back in 2020, I successfully quashed a proposed road traffic order that would have allowed the installation of an electric charging point - I argued that the local authority didn't meet the requirement of providing sufficient notice in the local gazette and that a reduction in double yellow lines would cause risk to pedestrians and the consultation process was procedurally unfair

Fast forward to today, and I am now an owner of an electric car. However, I've hit a roadblock as the council is now refusing to install the charging point due to the quashing order I had initiated. They are refusing to my road on the waiting list, despite demand from the local residents.

I'd like there to be an electric charging point - my house isn't suitable for off-street electric charging. Can I get the council to install one?

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK/comments/18t2bwd/successfully_quashed_a_proposed_road_traffic/?sort=new

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

GhostDog posted:

Spaceballs, when the Chestburster started singing. Fully missed the next 5 minutes of the movie from laughing so hard.

Large Marge in Pee Wee's Big Adventure got me so hard I cramped up/pulled my leg getting it kind of wedged between the seats in front of me. Also almost choked on my candy and nearly puked.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

AceClown posted:

Successfully quashed a proposed road traffic order in 2020 against the installation of an electric charging point outside my house. I now own an electric car but the council refuses to install one because of a prior quashing order actioned by me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/LegalAdviceUK/comments/18t2bwd/successfully_quashed_a_proposed_road_traffic/?sort=new

yeah that's primo poo poo right there

Especially when in the comments the OP admits the safety reason was nonsense, he just didn't want the charging station there.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

AceClown posted:

lmao gently caress yes

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Hoist with his uncharged car

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Mr. Nice! posted:

I didn't "get" 3D movies until I saw Jackass 3D. I still think it's one of the best uses of the format I've ever seen.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Jackass 3d is the only good 3d movie, because it's not filmed like a movie.

I can't watch stuff like avatar in 3d because I'm constantly looking around not at what the director may want, and stuff in the background will often be blurry, then my eyes try to focus on it and I end up with a headache.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Everyone telling on themselves having not seen Dredd3D smdh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwasthenight
Jan 7, 2011

GENE TRAITOR

1stGear posted:

yeah that's primo poo poo right there

Especially when in the comments the OP admits the safety reason was nonsense, he just didn't want the charging station there.

He didn't want it there because he would have had to park 3 metres further down the road, for context.

Sounds to me like he got the order issued on a technicality because the Council didn't want to pay money for an expert to do the study to defend it, which is fair. If he pays for the study himself and submits it to the planning department they should be able to overturn it, assuming they think they've had enough laughs out of him.