Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Roth)

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

checkplease posted:

The village girl about to be assaulted likely reminds her of the princess, as it did with Jimmy the robot, and gave her a redemption of sorts.

Is everyone not just assuming that she IS the princess? I dunno if I paid enough attention to the timeline, how old were people when the preceding stuff happened?

Movie was... not great. The slow mo after a while feels like the movie has no confidence in itself, in that it needs to draw attention to every single possible cool moment like it's a 6 year old begging for attention. True with some of the dialog too -- even with the sparse character building it had, there was a lot of 'god I get it, move along' when people were talking.

I have a lot of cinema-sins level complaints which I know are dumb nitpicks but it all felt so janky and barely strung together. Essentially no worldbuilding makes it hard to understand stakes and the size of the empire / universe we're dealing with. Is there no organized resistance anywhere besides the like 50 people in the squid king's room? I super don't need everything spelled out but there are little things that can make a world seem well-realized that I felt were missing here. In star wars the single line about the emperor dissolving the senate is enormous in terms of a sense of wider goings-on but here we have basically no sense of the universe and I found it all muddled and weird.

Why didn't we have at least ONE gleep glop in the main cast? Budget, I guess? If you're doing a seven samurai team assembly in a sci fi universe that clearly has all sorts of weirdos around it feels super bad to me to not have any with actual roles.

The murder-chair robots were cool but it seems like bad design that they release all locks when you put the spike gun in then decide not to kill the person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Pirate Jet posted:

Nobody knows. We don't even have a concrete answer on the director's cut of part 1, just Snyder saying at a recent fan event "probably summer."

Oh, of course. How silly of me.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I find it fascinating that this is being referred to as some sort of Star Wars knock-off. It's going to be very hard for that to happen; GenX already took a run at Star Wars back in the 80s and, no joke, came up with Warhammer 40k. 1987's Warhammer Rogue Trader, the original Games Workshop RPG that became the basis of Warhammer 40k, was written by two guys: a 28 year old late Boomer and an early GenX'er born the exact year of cinematic fascist Zack Snyder. As opposed to the grim darkness angle, Rogue Trader actually a "band of adventurers" team-up trying to scrape by in a sci-fi dystopia with a powerful fascist empire always on their heels (does this sound familiar? you're a bunch of Han Solos trying to stay one step ahead of the Empire). The game was developed before Aliens and Robocop; those two Sci-Fi bombshells get released and suddenly the entire line shifts and it's all about the massive space marines in their power armor yelling "purge the xeno" (a relatively minor satirical element in Rogue Trader, and one that mostly regulated to "avoid these fascist psychos"). The collapse of 70s eco-futurism and a near-decade of Reagan and Thatcher hyper-nationalism had cooked the brains of young artists and by the time the wall fell it was too late, 40k had become a straight-faced telling of the original satire.

And it's to that point that a 50-something director who freely admits he likes to tweak the audience and went through a significant family tragedy is not going to recapture the magic of a film that literally and irrevocably stamped cinema for the next century, and it's folly to think that would happen. Instead I would encourage you to pick up a couple of 1980s issues of Heavy Metal, page through the ludicrously pulpy but well-drawn stories that are soaked in blood, sex, and wacko imagery, and realize that those are what Snyder has in his head when he's making this movie.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

NmareBfly posted:

Is everyone not just assuming that she IS the princess? I dunno if I paid enough attention to the timeline, how old were people when the preceding stuff happened?

The princess is definitely supposed to be dead, multiple characters talk about this. They haven’t said exactly how much time has passed, but Kora was not a child while being a body guard. It’s like only been a few years.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

checkplease posted:

The princess is definitely supposed to be dead, multiple characters talk about this. They haven’t said exactly how much time has passed, but Kora was not a child while being a body guard. It’s like only been a few years.

It hinges on the 'supposed to be' I guess. There probably is exposition I missed on this by being a bad movie watcher / having a hard time caring. If princess was an infant I suppose there wouldn't be much reason the village girl would remind the robot of her, not exactly a lot of personality in a baby.

Robot man was one of the best parts of movie and him vanishing without a trace was silly. Yes, he's clearly going to be important in part 2 but :shrug:

Even and especially in an ensemble movie, the 'party member' people should have some notable character traits to bounce off each other. I guess those were cut? Having a theoretical version of the movie out there super muddies the discussion in general, which is kinda annoying.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Sofia Boutella is 41 in real life so God knows how old she's supposed to be in this.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Good grains. Also goo bag rebuilding tech.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

NmareBfly posted:

Robot man was one of the best parts of movie and him vanishing without a trace was silly. Yes, he's clearly going to be important in part 2 but :shrug:

The Movie: [Staz Nair wrestling sweatily with a drat griffon.]

Me: "Okay, but what is Jimmy up to?"

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
tbh even I'm not sure how much I'm joking.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013
Only the fiercest warriors can win a spot in Emperor Mugatu's royal guard through the galaxies deadliest runway walk-off.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Schwarzwald posted:

He's hunting his first deer to provide for Sam.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

The griffon wrestling was great, but the character was not really interesting. Not like a rebel robot butler that defies its programming to save a girl, at least.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

After the rape barn scene I was really hoping the party would be Kora, secret princess, pacifist stormtrooper, and cool robot. Instead we got boring as hell whitebread Synder insert character Gunnar and the other characters got shelved. Laaaaaaaame.

Frankly, I would have been up for Jimmy as the main character altogether.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

NmareBfly posted:

It hinges on the 'supposed to be' I guess. There probably is exposition I missed on this by being a bad movie watcher / having a hard time caring. If princess was an infant I suppose there wouldn't be much reason the village girl would remind the robot of her, not exactly a lot of personality in a baby.

Even and especially in an ensemble movie, the 'party member' people should have some notable character traits to bounce off each other. I guess those were cut? Having a theoretical version of the movie out there super muddies the discussion in general, which is kinda annoying.

Issa is the teenage girl who revives the dead bird. Kora tells Gunnar this story onboard the ship. She looks 12 or 13.

I watched it again and feel about the same way I felt when I first saw it during the watchalong. I don't believe the real cut of the film will fundamentally change the recruitment stuff aside from having a bit more time with them during it. Like them just showing up in an elevator with Nemesis or just appearing in front of king Lavitica without any fanfare. I can see those getting more time to breath and maybe some stuff in between each world. A point I keep bringing up is that has the same flow as The Magnificent Seven. Tarak is in a more extreme situation as O'Reilly (indentured servitude versus cutting wood for breakfast) and Nemesis has a more elongated and morally complex fight than Britt has (fighting a spider being in the depths of her despair versus some loud mouth who wants a duel). But barring those similarities this film is mostly build-up without the emotional pay-off of these disparate characters working to defend the village, being a two-parter.

The fights do suffer from cutting around the violence. It's super obvious and distracts from the choreography. The final fight with Nobel has a lot of weird framing where the impacts aren't even in frame. It's like Netflix had notes like "okay, you can keep the arm break and leg stab in if you don't show the punches to the gut each character gets and cut out the impact frames of the face punches". Very jarring considering Snyder does action really well.

The film does a great job depicting the unreasonable cruelty of fascism and people trying to reasonably respond to it. Rationalizing their options. "Show them how valuable we are" kinds of conversations. It's reminiscent of the conversations the Jewish prisoners have in Schindler's List. Talking about how they should appeal to their occupier's humanity and Kora rightly calls them naive when is talking to her surrogate father while packing her things. The first half of the film flows really well and feels the most complete. Everything after Tarak feels like it has missing elements that makes it feel disjointed. The montage of going from world to world is fine and part of the genre but the scene-by-scene elements within those montages have elements missing from them.

I still give it my 7.5 score. There's a lot going on with the filmmaking and has good bits of deconstruction sprinkled in there - like the village not being perfect like they tend to be in these films. This place is obviously a religiously conservative place but that still doesn't mean they deserve to be trampled over by some fascist government that's very far removed from where they are in the universe.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

JazzFlight posted:

After the rape barn scene I was really hoping the party would be Kora, secret princess, pacifist stormtrooper, and cool robot. Instead we got boring as hell whitebread Synder insert character Gunnar and the other characters got shelved. Laaaaaaaame.

Gunnar isn't the self insert, Noble is, duh!

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

Yeah I dig this, although unsure what you mean by "whitebread Snyder insert", i haven't noticed that that's something he does? I do understand Gunnar's point as essentially a hapless scared guy trying to learn how to become a hero, but getting him at the expense of cool princess worshipping robot and stormtrooper defector is definitely a downgrade.

Also, this is a tangent but your post made me think of the casual headshot that Jimmy does while holding the gun like it's a wounded bird, that's an amazingly cool image/idea.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Guy A. Person posted:

Yeah I dig this, although unsure what you mean by "whitebread Snyder insert", i haven't noticed that that's something he does? I do understand Gunnar's point as essentially a hapless scared guy trying to learn how to become a hero, but getting him at the expense of cool princess worshipping robot and stormtrooper defector is definitely a downgrade.

Also, this is a tangent but your post made me think of the casual headshot that Jimmy does while holding the gun like it's a wounded bird, that's an amazingly cool image/idea.
To me, Gunnar kinda looks like Synder, he’s angling to be the love interest for the lead girl, and he sticks out as a useless fanfiction-level “why is he here, yet the characters all think he’s cool.”

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

JazzFlight posted:

To me, Gunnar kinda looks like Synder, he’s angling to be the love interest for the lead girl, and he sticks out as a useless fanfiction-level “why is he here, yet the characters all think he’s cool.”

ehhhhhhh I guess, I feel like if that were the case he could have just cut out the middle-man so-to-speak and made his self-insert the cool hunter guy who actually fucks rather than dweeby guy who is pining after the girl while surrounded by much cooler badasses

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Snyder putting his cuck fetish self-insert into the lead role, smdh.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I find it fascinating that this is being referred to as some sort of Star Wars knock-off. It's going to be very hard for that to happen; GenX already took a run at Star Wars back in the 80s and, no joke, came up with Warhammer 40k. 1987's Warhammer Rogue Trader, the original Games Workshop RPG that became the basis of Warhammer 40k, was written by two guys: a 28 year old late Boomer and an early GenX'er born the exact year of cinematic fascist Zack Snyder. As opposed to the grim darkness angle, Rogue Trader actually a "band of adventurers" team-up trying to scrape by in a sci-fi dystopia with a powerful fascist empire always on their heels (does this sound familiar? you're a bunch of Han Solos trying to stay one step ahead of the Empire). The game was developed before Aliens and Robocop; those two Sci-Fi bombshells get released and suddenly the entire line shifts and it's all about the massive space marines in their power armor yelling "purge the xeno" (a relatively minor satirical element in Rogue Trader, and one that mostly regulated to "avoid these fascist psychos"). The collapse of 70s eco-futurism and a near-decade of Reagan and Thatcher hyper-nationalism had cooked the brains of young artists and by the time the wall fell it was too late, 40k had become a straight-faced telling of the original satire.

And it's to that point that a 50-something director who freely admits he likes to tweak the audience and went through a significant family tragedy is not going to recapture the magic of a film that literally and irrevocably stamped cinema for the next century, and it's folly to think that would happen. Instead I would encourage you to pick up a couple of 1980s issues of Heavy Metal, page through the ludicrously pulpy but well-drawn stories that are soaked in blood, sex, and wacko imagery, and realize that those are what Snyder has in his head when he's making this movie.

Roger Corman made this movie twice in the 80's (Battle Beyond the Stars, Space Raiders). The "unique" factor is the Seven Samurai plot, which has been done 85 million times, but relatively few times in space (including by Star Wars itself, now).

To be clear, that isn't in itself bad and what's more, Snyder has been very clear that the origins of this were an unused Star Wars concept. What doesn't jump off the screen to me personally is what this brings to the cultural conversation besides Battle Beyond the Stars + a reported $166 million dollars. It's not like explicitly antifascist fantasies are in short supply. Enough reel to prove that Sofia Boutella has been criminally underused? Sure.

E: I guess the enemies of the fascists being actual minorities/non-western cultures instead of More White People.

Name Change fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 29, 2023

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose
Yeah I don’t see the self insert. Gunnar is closer to the typical heroes journey character. A naive farmer gets dragged around by the experienced warrior and learns to stand up for those he cares about. He goes from pushing grain sales to whoever pays the most to helping a kid from the spider and saving Kora.

checkplease
Aug 17, 2006

Smellrose

Jimbot posted:

Issa is the teenage girl who revives the dead bird. Kora tells Gunnar this story onboard the ship. She looks 12 or 13.

I watched it again and feel about the same way I felt when I first saw it during the watchalong. I don't believe the real cut of the film will fundamentally change the recruitment stuff aside from having a bit more time with them during it. Like them just showing up in an elevator with Nemesis or just appearing in front of king Lavitica without any fanfare. I can see those getting more time to breath and maybe some stuff in between each world. A point I keep bringing up is that has the same flow as The Magnificent Seven. Tarak is in a more extreme situation as O'Reilly (indentured servitude versus cutting wood for breakfast) and Nemesis has a more elongated and morally complex fight than Britt has (fighting a spider being in the depths of her despair versus some loud mouth who wants a duel). But barring those similarities this film is mostly build-up without the emotional pay-off of these disparate characters working to defend the village, being a two-parter.

The fights do suffer from cutting around the violence. It's super obvious and distracts from the choreography. The final fight with Nobel has a lot of weird framing where the impacts aren't even in frame. It's like Netflix had notes like "okay, you can keep the arm break and leg stab in if you don't show the punches to the gut each character gets and cut out the impact frames of the face punches". Very jarring considering Snyder does action really well.

The film does a great job depicting the unreasonable cruelty of fascism and people trying to reasonably respond to it. Rationalizing their options. "Show them how valuable we are" kinds of conversations. It's reminiscent of the conversations the Jewish prisoners have in Schindler's List. Talking about how they should appeal to their occupier's humanity and Kora rightly calls them naive when is talking to her surrogate father while packing her things. The first half of the film flows really well and feels the most complete. Everything after Tarak feels like it has missing elements that makes it feel disjointed. The montage of going from world to world is fine and part of the genre but the scene-by-scene elements within those montages have elements missing from them.

I still give it my 7.5 score. There's a lot going on with the filmmaking and has good bits of deconstruction sprinkled in there - like the village not being perfect like they tend to be in these films. This place is obviously a religiously conservative place but that still doesn't mean they deserve to be trampled over by some fascist government that's very far removed from where they are in the universe.

Fair review.
Rewatched some of the action myself and I think barn and the bar work pretty well, just some cute yeah. Bar is like a western shootout. People miss but everyone is running and shooting at same time also. Barn is everyone underestimating Kora. Like multiple guys keep holding the young kid soldier back instead of focusing on Kora.

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS

Name Change posted:

Roger Corman made this movie twice in the 80's (Battle Beyond the Stars, Space Raiders). The "unique" factor is the Seven Samurai plot, which has been done 85 million times, but relatively few times in space (including by Star Wars itself, now).

To be clear, that isn't in itself bad and what's more, Snyder has been very clear that the origins of this were an unused Star Wars concept. What doesn't jump off the screen to me personally is what this brings to the cultural conversation besides Battle Beyond the Stars + a reported $166 million dollars. It's not like explicitly antifascist fantasies are in short supply. Enough reel to prove that Sofia Boutella has been criminally underused? Sure.

E: I guess the enemies of the fascists being actual minorities/non-western cultures instead of More White People.

I'm antifa & I love fantasy movies, i wasn't aware there was an abundance of explicit ones out there!? Who's got a list??

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Tankbuster posted:

deeply stupid. Watch Kingdom instead.

Watch them both? *italian finger gesture, except korean*

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Not sure if it was posted yet but part 2’s trailer was released

https://youtu.be/Cf16jEmvJUY?si=clqhvKmGJZE0cSdq

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Name Change posted:

Roger Corman made this movie twice in the 80's (Battle Beyond the Stars, Space Raiders).

Not sure if I wasn't clear here but my point was about GenX people (who were all children when Star Wars came out, and therefore a decade or more out from getting involved in professional movie making) attempting to ape Star Wars after stewing in hyper-jingoistic and sexually supercharged 80s media.

Roger Corman was literally in his 50s when Star Wars came out, a literal Greatest Generation guy who actually saw the serials it was based off in the theater as a kid, of course he could do a couple of passable knockoffs (that had zero impact on the "cultural conversation", whatever that is. They had zero impact on anything.) He has zero relevance to what I was talking about re: GenX directors massively shaped by Star Wars who are making pulp space operas.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

This movie sucked rear end.

The ideas were ok, like the plot is serviceable, but each scene is such a let down. They spend all of this time assembling these ensemble characters for a “we’re building a team” portion of the movie and each introduction is done so poorly. You’re expected to just like the characters as they are, but no one has a personality. They travel to a gladiator planet to save a former general and do absolutely nothing with that idea, they just meet him, ask him to join them, and he does.

Then when they finally have the whole group together, they immediately get captured and the final fight happens. The ensemble characters do almost nothing, maybe kill 1 or 2 background goons, and the main character does all the work. I don’t even remember seeing the prince character during that entire sequence, he just kinda shows up at the end to talk to a random warrior about…idk, hope?

4/10

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I just watched it tonight and like it. It was pretty cool. All the characters they recruit have been little to do and are characterized almost entirely by genre convention.

I'm guessing that kind of stuff is what got the most cuts.

Really liked any action scene. Strong villain. I hope the robot is in more of part two.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Why are half the shots out of focus man

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Solus posted:

Why are half the shots out of focus man

They are not? In focus doesn't mean the background is as sharp in focus as the focal point of the image.

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I have eyes that work I can assure you - some of these shots in the first act have no focal point, it’s just awfully focused and he’s used a crap lens for stupid reasons

https://www.techradar.com/streaming/netflix/zack-snyder-built-a-whole-new-camera-lens-to-give-netflixs-rebel-moon-a-distorted-retro-look

Majkol
Oct 17, 2016

Solus posted:

I have eyes that work I can assure you - some of these shots in the first act have no focal point, it’s just awfully focused and he’s used a crap lens for stupid reasons

https://www.techradar.com/streaming/netflix/zack-snyder-built-a-whole-new-camera-lens-to-give-netflixs-rebel-moon-a-distorted-retro-look

oh boy.

Can you post some examples of shots you consider to be badly composed?

Majkol fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Dec 29, 2023

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

everyone's all "the digital look is too sharp and crisp" until someone actually does something about it

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.

Majkol posted:

oh boy.

Can you post some examples of shots you consider to be badly composed?

It's not badly composed

This is fine - I like this effect

However when he fucks the effect up, you get this - She's actively talking in this scene and her face is in focus for every other shot so it doesn't come across as anything intentional

There are parts of the opening scene where the main characters face is slightly out of focus, enough that I notice it and it distracts me. It's not something thats translating that well to a screenshot

Solus fucked around with this message at 09:51 on Dec 29, 2023

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Not sure if I wasn't clear here but my point was about GenX people (who were all children when Star Wars came out, and therefore a decade or more out from getting involved in professional movie making) attempting to ape Star Wars after stewing in hyper-jingoistic and sexually supercharged 80s media.

Roger Corman was literally in his 50s when Star Wars came out, a literal Greatest Generation guy who actually saw the serials it was based off in the theater as a kid, of course he could do a couple of passable knockoffs (that had zero impact on the "cultural conversation", whatever that is. They had zero impact on anything.) He has zero relevance to what I was talking about re: GenX directors massively shaped by Star Wars who are making pulp space operas.

You are the one who claimed you couldn't understand why this is commonly considered a Star Wars ripoff:

"A Star Wars movie was my original concept for it.”

Blood Boils posted:

I'm antifa & I love fantasy movies, i wasn't aware there was an abundance of explicit ones out there!? Who's got a list??

Every Star Wars movie, Inglorious Basterds, Pan's Labyrinth. Why didn't you know about these movies? Are you stupid?

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Gotta say, they definitely had a few people who put their whole pussy into making the hosed up background aliens/weird guys - I’ll give em that

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

I figured I must've missed a detail about how the big enemy space ship crashed at the end, but it was in fact because someone hit it with a metal pipe. I thought maybe I wasn't paying attention at that moment, but it turns out A. the big ship that everyone was worried about as some terrible threat has easily broken windows, which seems like a flaw for a big space ship, and B. the gunners seat on this big powerful ship also contains a console that, when stabbed, causes the entire ship to just fall out of the sky.

I thought it was going to be this movie's death star, but it turns out it wasn't really a threat at all. All it did was kill a bunch of nameless rebels who were introduced 5 minutes prior before getting obliterated by a guy with a piece of scrap metal.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Name Change posted:

To be clear, that isn't in itself bad and what's more, Snyder has been very clear that the origins of this were an unused Star Wars concept. What doesn't jump off the screen to me personally is what this brings to the cultural conversation besides Battle Beyond the Stars + a reported $166 million dollars. It's not like explicitly antifascist fantasies are in short supply.

While the original pitch was a Seven Samurai Star Wars concept to LFL circa 2012, in recent interviews Snyder said the film is more a love letter to late 70s/early 80s era fantasy sci-fi in general. Even though that obviously does include Star Wars -- which is the logical comparison to make for Rebel Moon's marketing push -- Snyder also cites Excalibur and Conan the Barbarian as primary sources of reference. Snyder had also brought up a decent point that the depiction of expansionist fascist regimes has been a bit sanitized in sci-fi, so putting in the effort to show how unabashedly evil, and cruel and violent they are is relevant.

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

Verisimilidude posted:

I figured I must've missed a detail about how the big enemy space ship crashed at the end, but it was in fact because someone hit it with a metal pipe. I thought maybe I wasn't paying attention at that moment, but it turns out A. the big ship that everyone was worried about as some terrible threat has easily broken windows, which seems like a flaw for a big space ship, and B. the gunners seat on this big powerful ship also contains a console that, when stabbed, causes the entire ship to just fall out of the sky.

I thought it was going to be this movie's death star, but it turns out it wasn't really a threat at all. All it did was kill a bunch of nameless rebels who were introduced 5 minutes prior before getting obliterated by a guy with a piece of scrap metal.

different, much smaller ship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

josh04 posted:

different, much smaller ship

So that was just a random ship? is the main ship just not in the picture at the end of the movie at all?