Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rats leaving the stinking ship…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1740424363222991078

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/1740425616812298350

Uh.

I think our money successfully reached our mouths?

He also basically promised some "big revelations" for the Devil storyline on Saturday, I think he might really be getting ready to wrap this poo poo up and just go back to making good shows.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

He had a bet with Jimmy Jacobs going about whether the Devil storyline or the Continental Classic would do better.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Pylons posted:

He had a bet with Jimmy Jacobs going about whether the Devil storyline or the Continental Classic would do better.

It's like the story of Job with the bet between Satan and God

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Pylons posted:

CHaKKaWaKka
Aug 6, 2001

I've chosen my next victim. Cry tears of joy it's not you!

At World's End, the Devil pulls the greatest trick the Devil ever pulled and convinces the world the bad booking is over. Joe wins clean.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Rats leaving the stinking ship…

sinking... i know you were going for a thing but its just not accurate....

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
AEW SMELLS PAL

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
found something you guys might find useful :twisted:

https://x.com/mariomakerjohn/status/1740500753993642365?s=46&t=AwMtDeZF_tX5DmOd53fE0g

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Who?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Pylons posted:

Oh my loving god that’s probably what happened.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

forkboy84 posted:

It's not NXT Japan yet. Now if Dempsey were to win then alarm bells are really going to start ringing...

Fortunately you don't have to because they've removed the show for non-Japanese shows & now if you want it you have to subscribe to FITE+. Despite it being advertised as part of your ¥900/month for December. Very uncool. So I guess you can watch it if you have that, but as I have no interest in US indies & regional MMA I can't. :smithicide:

I was just teasing, anyways, AJPW has been a light in the darkness and Nakajima v. Miyahara for the TC will probably be the best wrestling match happening this weekend. Wish I could watch it with my AJPW sub though

Also since this the AEW hell I just want to reiterate how dumb it is that multiman matches are inherently no dq. Thanks

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

apophenium posted:

I was just teasing, anyways, AJPW has been a light in the darkness and Nakajima v. Miyahara for the TC will probably be the best wrestling match happening this weekend. Wish I could watch it with my AJPW sub though

The Dec 31st and Jan 3rd shows are still listed on the Battle Library live schedule, so might just need to set a vpn to Japanto access it like when fite carry the New Japan american shows

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Dec 29, 2023

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

apophenium posted:

Also since this the AEW hell I just want to reiterate how dumb it is that multiman matches are inherently no dq. Thanks

When the ever loving shitchrist was the last time a multiman in any major promotion had DQs?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

apophenium posted:

It's so loving dumb. It's based on a complete logical fallacy. If a guy does something DQ worthy in a 3-way, just DQ the guy and make the rest of the match a 1v1! What the gently caress!

Jay White just swinging a chair around in full view of the referee in A loving BLOCK FINAL MATCH was so bad. It almost ruined the match for me.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

I think our money successfully reached our mouths?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

apophenium posted:

It's really stupid that the gold league final is automatically no-DQ cause it's a three-way. Prince Nana coulda stayed out and kicked Mox and Jay White in the balls repeatedly. undermines the whole point of the Continental Classic which has otherwise been pretty good

Just want to say that the Dragongate Open The Dream Gate Title Match from Sunday featured a 3 way where one competitor got disqualified for a chairshot right in front of the referee so the rest of the match was just 1 vs 1.

This has also been used to setup the next title match, with the guy who got DQ'd demanding a singles match at the next big show in January.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

MJeff posted:

It's so loving dumb. It's based on a complete logical fallacy. If a guy does something DQ worthy in a 3-way, just DQ the guy and make the rest of the match a 1v1! What the gently caress!

Jay White just swinging a chair around in full view of the referee in A loving BLOCK FINAL MATCH was so bad. It almost ruined the match for me.

in japan its a sport
in the USA its a drat joke!

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

MJeff posted:

that would have to be an elimination style match then!!

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The chair thing was stupid but I can live with it because only Jay White used the chair and he ate the pin like the big stupid loser he is.
Couldn't beat MJF after he already wrestled a match and was injured. Can't beat Swerve or Mox after hitting them with chairs. Just a big loser.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Jay Shite

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Switch the channel Blade

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Pylons posted:

Switch the channel Blade

lol

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Pylons posted:

Switch the channel Blade

hahah

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Once again, the false hype by njpw weebs collapses when their guys have to work somewhere people can see

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Pylons posted:

Switch the channel Blade

Lmao

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

Pylons posted:

Switch the channel Blade

hahaha

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

For the second straight PPV the babyface World Champion is playing up how badly hurt and immobile he is so his opponent will look like dogshit no matter win or lose. What in the world

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Tonfa posted:

For the second straight PPV the babyface World Champion is playing up how badly hurt and immobile he is so his opponent will look like dogshit no matter win or lose. What in the world

god willing this will be the last we see of midwell jacob Friedman before he heads to Florida

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Tonfa posted:

It might be cope but I genuinely think Max is losing tomorrow

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Player's Tribune essay does kinda feel like what someone would do and say if their deal was actually basically done and this was their last show, but at the same time a) they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and b) it may actually make it worse if they knew he was gone (with or without his injury status, with or without it being what he wanted/booked) and this/the Devil stuff was the best they could do, or wanted to do, to fill the time for his farewell

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Chris James 2 posted:

The Player's Tribune essay does kinda feel like what someone would do and say if their deal was actually basically done and this was their last show, but at the same time a) they don't deserve the benefit of the doubt and b) it may actually make it worse if they knew he was gone (with or without his injury status, with or without it being what he wanted/booked) and this/the Devil stuff was the best they could do, or wanted to do, to fill the time for his farewell

I'm assuming MJF secretly re-signed before he came back from his tantrum. If Tony really didn't get him to extend his contract before giving him this giant push and focus then he is a much bigger idiot than I thought.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i dont think he's going to the fed. i think he's convinced himself he's cool.

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

I liked MJF as a heel and I hope he goes back to doing that

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Paxman posted:

I liked MJF as a heel and I hope he goes back to doing that

he was wonderful. why did it all have to go so so wrong?

magiccarpet
Jan 3, 2005

That DICK! posted:

he was wonderful. why did it all have to go so so wrong?

Adam Cole ruins everything

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
By a few accounts, MJF has a good deal of input and creative freedom into his angles so I think he’s just majorly whiffed this Devil thing. Hopefully it’s something he can learn from and avoid in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

apophenium posted:

It might be cope but I genuinely think Max is losing tomorrow

the way the odds are stacked against him, i dont see him winning, youd have to be some kinda superman