Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
going down to the dollar dollar, you want anything?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm so old I remember when it was Dollar Corporal.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

actionjackson posted:

only boats need rudders

Airplanes are legally boats that's why when you fly your plane ticket will always say "Mr" or "Mrs" because under admiralty law a PROPER legal name is the name of the person but a titled name like Mr is part of your land record of accord. If they issued a ticket to your LEGAL name, your true name, the laws of the air wouldn't bind you and you'd be able to get unlimited free drinks during the drink service.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

i am harry posted:

it’s like walking around inside the skeleton of some long dead giant beast

Thread title?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Mustached Demon posted:

henry kissinger's still dead, right?

Every time an unexploded mine kills a Cambodian child, Kissinger is there. Every time a democratic process produces a left of center candidate who mysteriously is assassinated, Kissinger is there. Everywhere a government strays from alliance with the US and gets couped, Kissinger is there. Every time a child laborer is brutally beaten to maintain profit margins, Kissinger is there.

He lives on in us, every time we vote blue no matter who, every time we pay taxes to fund Israel, every time we listen to NPR or Voice of America, you and I and every one of us holds Kissinger in our hearts. Yes, mustached demon, there is a Henry Kissinger.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm so old I remember when it was Dollar Corporal.

vice admiral dollar

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

ikanreed posted:

Every time an unexploded mine kills a Cambodian child, Kissinger is there. Every time a democratic process produces a left of center candidate who mysteriously is assassinated, Kissinger is there. Everywhere a government strays from alliance with the US and gets couped, Kissinger is there. Every time a child laborer is brutally beaten to maintain profit margins, Kissinger is there.

He lives on in us, every time we vote blue no matter who, every time we pay taxes to fund Israel, every time we listen to NPR or Voice of America, you and I and every one of us holds Kissinger in our hearts. Yes, mustached demon, there is a Henry Kissinger.

Grapes of Wrath remake grimdark

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

going down to the dollar dollar, you want anything?

could go for a dollar

90sgamer
Jun 28, 2023
fuck off worms butthole guy!!!

In Training posted:

90s were epic. Let's do it + I'm ready for 9/11-2

9/11 didn’t happen in the 90s

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I'd buy that for a dollar

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

90sgamer posted:

9/11 didn’t happen in the 90s

Thank you, 90sgamer

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

blatman posted:

vice admiral dollar

he ate the line line fruit and became a number man :D

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

could go for a dollar

alright that'll be 5.23

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

there were 10 September 11ths in the 90s.
your fault if you forgot to celebrate them.

cat botherer
Jan 6, 2022

I am interested in most phases of data processing.
9/11 was the end of the 90s

RandolphCarter
Jul 30, 2005

gonna start selling dolphin milk to rich folk

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

cat botherer posted:

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.
Crossed my Facebook feed...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

cat botherer posted:

Boy was it ever. :smith:

coke
Jul 12, 2009
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/dec/29/nurse-contract-fees-stay-or-pay-communicare

quote:

“I was assigned to take care of at least 30 patients every shift,” Ramos said. “It was really exhausting. I was burned out. I worked non-stop. I chose not to use my 30-minute breaks so I could finish my tasks for that shift.”

lol

quote:

Training repayment agreement provisions (Trap) are contracts employers require workers to sign before beginning a job and stipulate that if a worker leaves the job before a specified time, they owe substantial fees.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

anonumos posted:

americans complaining 90% about cars and celebrities
the more things change...

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

anonumos posted:

there was never any sense going to omaha or lincoln regardless of motel price

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
and in the 11th year, the 90s ended

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Bidenomics

https://x.com/unusual_whales/status/1740780216002158915?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

GrunkleStalin
Aug 13, 2021
TRAP sounds like debt bondage with extra steps

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Centrist Committee posted:

and in the 11th year, the 90s ended

the 90s didn't start until January 20th, 1993 September 24th, 1991

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
:yeah:

https://twitter.com/GatsbyofDucks/status/1740783772646424925

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

https://twitter.com/SnowHimbo/status/1740839793167413274?t=_eiygb4PNcbRu9tA5PMwCg&s=19

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

BornAPoorBlkChild posted:

this is not the salve you think this is. all this is doing is creating more Andrew Tates:v:

Just tell them to hire prostitutes.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

anonumos posted:

"It won't be long before young couples are going to hire someone to watch their kids so they can both work"

lol increasing the workforce was such a huge own goal.

PoundSand has issued a correction as of 00:37 on Dec 30, 2023

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

the democrats will never allow price fixing. The republicans can generate $billions for working people just by being in power.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1740878110617444412

AWWNAW
Dec 30, 2008

was just thinking earlier today, 2024 is gonna be a blockbuster year for American suicide

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Nebraska’s Republican governor on Friday reiterated his rejection of $18 million in federal funding to help feed children who might otherwise go hungry while school is out.

The program — part of federal assistance made available during the COVID-19 pandemic — would provide pre-loaded EBT cards to families whose children are eligible for free and reduced-price lunches at school. Those families would receive $40 per eligible child per month over the summer. The cards can be used to buy groceries, similar to how SNAP benefits are used.

“COVID-19 is over, and Nebraska taxpayers expect that pandemic-era government relief programs will end too,” Pillen said in his statement.

He has drawn a firestorm of criticism for later defending that stance at a news conference by saying, “I don’t believe in welfare.”

https://apnews.com/article/nebraska-summer-ebt-food-program-children-789f2d04bd195086d2e41d0d43b8111c

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

they referring to 2022 or 2023? 2022 was a record year, but 2023 is even worse. so many americans are offing themselves en masse on fent, alcohol, or just bullets

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

gently caress these bastards every single motherfucker who thinks this way gently caress all of them.

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

surely number will always go up

unironically

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

I remember when pundits were deeply concerned about people killing themselves during the Covid lockdowns and then, whoops, it turns out the expanded unemployment, eviction moratoriums, and stimulus checks actually caused suicides to drop:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

quote:

Households are using fewer coupons. People are spending less time mulling over what to buy when they’re shopping.

lol “you’re not deal hunting hard enough”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrunkleStalin
Aug 13, 2021

the popes toes posted:

Nebraska’s Republican governor on Friday reiterated his rejection of $18 million in federal funding to help feed children who might otherwise go hungry while school is out.

The program — part of federal assistance made available during the COVID-19 pandemic — would provide pre-loaded EBT cards to families whose children are eligible for free and reduced-price lunches at school. Those families would receive $40 per eligible child per month over the summer. The cards can be used to buy groceries, similar to how SNAP benefits are used.

“COVID-19 is over, and Nebraska taxpayers expect that pandemic-era government relief programs will end too,” Pillen said in his statement.

He has drawn a firestorm of criticism for later defending that stance at a news conference by saying, “I don’t believe in welfare.”

https://apnews.com/article/nebraska-summer-ebt-food-program-children-789f2d04bd195086d2e41d0d43b8111c

I love how $18m is a scary number when given to the poor while no one blinks an eye at $18b to the Ukraine