Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Mega64 posted:

The Lions simply winning a playoff game would match their greatest achievement in the Super Bowl era.

Bonus points if it's somehow against the Cowboys again (dunno if the seeding makes it possible but gently caress it).

anyone have the updated seeding, im super curious who's gonna get that free cowboys playoff win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Did I miss this getting discussed?

https://x.com/mattschneidman/status/1739046338229072350?s=20

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Flikken posted:

I hear he is cool and good.

I heard similar things regarding his coolness, but I can't say I've heard anything about him being good. Everything I've come across has described him as elite.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Nervous posted:

I heard similar things regarding his coolness, but I can't say I've heard anything about him being good. Everything I've come across has described him as elite.

I too have heard he is elite.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Borsche69 posted:

so if there's a new best ever kicker/punter/returner, the one currently in the hall gets thrown out and replaced with the new best ever?

Yes. Possibly they are allowed to fight mano a mano to see which one stays

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

anyone have the updated seeding, im super curious who's gonna get that free cowboys playoff win

the bucs are going to take us out

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

AndrewP posted:

Lions are a loving lock to beat Dallas.

SF’s offensive line is very sus without Trent Williams, them @ Detroit could be a very fun game

https://x.com/tompelissero/status/1740848897705349330?s=46&t=OK6AvWM-NBtlIQDYnQH66w

I will be happy with beating Dallas and winning 1 playoff game

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

the boys are going to beat the lions tomorrow because it's not a playoff game and they're at home, lions will beat cowboys in the playoffs if it comes to that (it won't because the cowboys won't have home field in the playoffs this year)

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

biceps crimes posted:

the boys are going to beat the lions tomorrow because it's not a playoff game and they're at home, lions will beat cowboys in the playoffs if it comes to that (it won't because the cowboys won't have home field in the playoffs this year)

Yeah, Cowboys own the script for the regular season, especially at home. They prefer to wait until the postseason for heartbreaking losses. It's really a question of whether it's to the Lions or the 49ers yet again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

AndrewP posted:

Lions are a loving lock to beat Dallas.

SF’s offensive line is very sus without Trent Williams, them @ Detroit could be a very fun game

Trent's fine and already back at practice (you're right, and also Trent for MVP).

But also Dallas plays much better at home for ~reasons~, so I wouldn't be sure about that lock.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Doltos posted:

Completely disingenuous to my argument. Returners are one of the only positions that people graduate from besides guard to tackle. You can't look at the careers of Steve Smith Jr. or Odell Beckham or any other returner that was put into offense instead and ignore that.

Hester wasn't that great. He was from your nostalgia era.

This is basically word salad that doesn't mean a goddamn thing.

LOL at "your nostalgia era" holy poo poo

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I'm going to fight the next person that says Devin Hester behind a Cheesecake Factory dumpster

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Niners are gonna be lucky to even get Armstead for the playoffs, he's dead

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
What's his injury? Niners lacking that interior push was killer for allowing Lamar to escape pressure.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Devin Hester behind a Cheesecake Factory dumpster

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

What's his injury? Niners lacking that interior push was killer for allowing Lamar to escape pressure.

It's a lingering foot and knee issue from last season. Not great.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Plantar fascitis that doesn't seem to be improving

Coldforge posted:

It's a lingering foot and knee issue from last season. Not great.

The plantar fascitis is actually in the other foot compared to last season :|

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Silly Burrito posted:

Prepare to be destroyed by my tiger style

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Trevor Lawrence is finally going to miss a game. Good thing he didn't sit out like 5 weeks ago when he should have taken a week off.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Beware of the Cheesecake Factory: you might get a blowjob in the parking lot or get your rear end beat near the dumpster. It's risky but if you get lucky then the reward is pretty sweet!

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Waddle officially out against Baltimore. Shame, everyone knows the natural enemy to the raven is the penguin

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had never heard of cheesecake factory until the jokes about Baker started lol

Mega64
May 23, 2008

It's all over the place and one of the better casual dining places to get a blowjob outside of, cheesecake makes people horny.

Like if Baker got a blowjob outside an Applebee's that would just be sad.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Mega64 posted:

It's all over the place and one of the better casual dining places to get a blowjob outside of, cheesecake makes people horny.

???? First I’m hearing of hornery from cheesecake!!!

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Sunshine posted:

No I think it's pretty straight forward sorry you got problems comprehending

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Lions are in tough in Dallas.

They have to run the ball a lot and effectively. Goff can't become goof and get flustered by pressure and make horrible throws. Defense has to get pressure (which is no guarantee).

I'm 100% prepared for some awful officiating call too.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.

Ornery and Hornery posted:

???? First I’m hearing of hornery from cheesecake!!!

Too much ornery has made you imbalanced.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

I need these rankings listed in Yelp.

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

craving the handfeel of a 40 page menu filled with heartattack meals in a dimly lit, big rear end booth while playoff qbs are getting blowies a hundred feet away

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

Black Sunshine posted:

it's such rational posting that it loops all the way back around to irrational projection

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Silly Burrito posted:

This is why I stopped playing the "Special Edition" of Clue

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Hall of Fame argument comes down to "Who gets more blowjobs in a random Ohio Cheesecake Factory parking lot, Devin Hester or Baker Mayfield?

If the former, you basically have to induct him into the Hall of Fame.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Neither can sniff the amount LT or Sanders got back in the day

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Mega64 posted:

The Hall of Fame argument comes down to "Who gets more blowjobs in a random Ohio Cheesecake Factory parking lot, Devin Hester or Baker Mayfield?

Goddamn I love TFF.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

Doltos posted:

No I think it's pretty straight forward sorry you got problems comprehending

You cited 2 players who absolutely do not have anywhere near comparable production to Hester at KR/PR for some weird reason and acted like it's a slam dunk when it means jack poo poo, you said that he wasn't even really that great of a returner anyway and you also assumed that the only reason I believe he was amazing at his position is because of my "nostalgia era" which, if anything, would be late '80s--'90s NFL when Hester was in elementary school so you're wrong about everything and probably should just stop because you clearly don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Mega64 posted:

If the former, you basically have to induct him into the Hall of Fame.

Hell, whoever wins that contest should go to the Hall no matter what because that's the American dream, parking lot blowjobs

Black Sunshine fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Dec 30, 2023

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Black Sunshine posted:

You cited 2 players who absolutely do not have anywhere near comparable production to Hester at KR/PR for some weird reason and acted like it's a slam dunk when it means jack poo poo, you said that he wasn't even really that great of a returner anyway and you also assumed that the only reason I believe he was amazing at his position is because of my "nostalgia era" which, if anything, would be late '80s--'90s NFL so you're wrong about everything and probably should just stop because you clearly don't know what the gently caress you're talking about.

Ah no wonder. The 80's and 90's were full of people like Hester. You should know that Mel Gray was the original "why isn't this guy in the HoF he was soooo good at returning". It's because it's a fungible position that's often filled by people not good enough to play on either side of the football. Rattling off a series of players that were once returners and then proved to be more valuable probably won't convince you of that. There's a longer list than Steve Smith Jr. and Odell Beckham. Gale Sayers, Adoree Jackson, DeSean Jackson, Deion Sanders, Joey Galloway, Antonio Brown, Julian Edelman, Reggie Bush, Tyreek Hill, Patrick Peterson. It just keeps going on and on that good players are pulled from return duties for a reason and that a lot of these guys have comparable statistical averages, which is something you kind of have to do when comparing people who only briefly held a fungible position that they were deemed too valuable to waste on. He doesn't deserve to be in the HoF just as much as Cordarelle Patterson doesn't deserve it. I think that's reasonable.

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
I will perform a demon ritual for a Lions vs flacco browns in the Superbowl. God give us the best feel good matchup possible because Campbell deserves to go all the way with his team, and flacco dragging the literal corpse of an injured browns team to the Superbowl and showing off even more how loving stupid the Watson deal was would be amazing.

Also holy drat is the entire season just injury after injury, I can't understand how kickers and punters keep getting injured either

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

UCS Hellmaker posted:

I will perform a demon ritual for a Lions vs flacco browns in the Superbowl. God give us the best feel good matchup possible because Campbell deserves to go all the way with his team, and flacco dragging the literal corpse of an injured browns team to the Superbowl and showing off even more how loving stupid the Watson deal was would be amazing.

Also holy drat is the entire season just injury after injury, I can't understand how kickers and punters keep getting injured either

Our kicker pulled his hammy trying to run down a returner.

Then our Punter injured his leg doing a Kick Off

UCS Hellmaker
Mar 29, 2008
Toilet Rascal
Lmfao during kickoff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Faced JoJo
Oct 15, 2004

Woof Woof

Doltos posted:

Ah no wonder. The 80's and 90's were full of people like Hester.

Both lol and lmao