Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I have two kids in school, but I got it March 2020 at work, May 22 and Jan 23 at airports, and this time. Another suspected time with no positive test in early fall.

The COVID fatigue really sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pillowpants posted:

So we normally host all our Christmas events because we have the biggest house (my family, her dad, her mom, cousin yankee swap)

My son tested positive+ on the 20th, so we rescheduled all the events except actually Christmas. I tested positive on the 24th so we rescheduled all the events again for this coming weekend as well as Christmas.

My father in law and his wife fell ill at her family events, my brother in law got it from his in laws, and my cousins got it from their in laws.

Needless to say our first Christmas gathering appears to be scheduled for January 15th.
:ohdear: good luck with your latest infection, PP

Baddog
May 12, 2001

spiritual bypass posted:

lmao that rules, the hospital is gonna make so much money from that

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Asproigerosis posted:

What's the paxlovid site?

I am unsure if this is what you mean, but possibly: https://www.test2treat.org

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
oh and my mother in law decided she wanted a vacation from covid so they went away for the week unannounced. dinners, concerts, no masks lol

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/joaquinlife/status/1740849840513577374?s=46

masks are back in LA County hospitals

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

Pillowpants posted:

I have two kids in school, but I got it March 2020 at work, May 22 and Jan 23 at airports, and this time. Another suspected time with no positive test in early fall.

The COVID fatigue really sucks.

Sure, but at least you now have a lot of immunity banked up.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

spiritual bypass posted:

lmao that rules, the hospital is gonna make so much money from that

it's called job security

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Pingui posted:

I am unsure if this is what you mean, but possibly: https://www.test2treat.org

Yes thank you. The OP is outdated.

I need to save my favorite coworker :(

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Also lmao the hospital said masks are back to mandatory starting next week, which is perfect timing now thst everyone got Christmas covid and the ER is double over capacity with respiratory symptom patients. Waiting room is like 50 people waiting for test results. All spewing on one another.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Asproigerosis posted:

Also lmao the hospital said masks are back to mandatory starting next week, which is perfect timing now thst everyone got Christmas covid and the ER is double over capacity with respiratory symptom patients. Waiting room is like 50 people waiting for test results. All spewing on one another.

Well that's just sensible, like putting your seatbelt on as soon as you feel the front bumper of your car crush your knees

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

The Oldest Man posted:

Well that's just sensible, like putting your seatbelt on as soon as you feel the front bumper of your car crush your knees
I'm hoping my airbag will wait to punch me in the face until my car stops moving after a collision

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

got the actual flu. fainted and hit my head from it.

went to urgent care to get checked out and it was insane. hacking coughs everywhere.

the nurse who swabbed me for what was at the time a mystery URTI was just in a baggy surgical. dr came in with an aura and face shield, though.

it absolutely blows my mind how respirators exist but people who are charged with hanging out within a foot of flu-spewing faces just basically raw dog it. what is this society?

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Insanite posted:

wachtered

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Insanite posted:

went to urgent care to get checked out and it was insane. hacking coughs everywhere.

the nurse who swabbed me for what was at the time a mystery URTI was just in a baggy surgical. dr came in with an aura and face shield, though.

it absolutely blows my mind how respirators exist but people who are charged with hanging out within a foot of flu-spewing faces just basically raw dog it. what is this society?

Ppe is uncomfortable.

It's just that simple tbh.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
it's also another Thing to Remember which nobody in this country either by willful dipshittery or by exhausted, panicky desperation, can handle. Everyone's brain is running full power max at all times

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

So is death

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?
I installed Sleep Cycle, but I can't find the menu option to view community cough radar stats. I did try to RTFM. What do I need to click?

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The only way out is death.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/this1wierdgirl/status/1740860732059848929?s=46

edit: haha it’s real

edit: apparently its search that’s being suppressed. I’m still seeing covid posts on my timeline

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 02:34 on Dec 30, 2023

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

time to come up with a bunch of slang terms so the man doesn't know what you're talking about

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
This isn’t really relevant to this thread but I’ve got sleep apnea and can never make the cpap machine work for me, so I was really happy that they had this new inspire therapy advertised on tv.

Turns it that it’s only available for my pre COVID bmi and not my post COVID bmi.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

The Oldest Man posted:

time to come up with a bunch of slang terms so the man doesn't know what you're talking about

flu

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.

Pillowpants posted:

This isn’t really relevant to this thread but I’ve got sleep apnea and can never make the cpap machine work for me, so I was really happy that they had this new inspire therapy advertised on tv.

Turns it that it’s only available for my pre COVID bmi and not my post COVID bmi.

my doc thinks I have sleep apnea due to my breathing during surgery but insurance is making me do a test to see if they will cover the test to see if I have it. the test for the test is also not covered.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme
allergies

shazbot posted:

the test for the test is also not covered.
:capitalism:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
sniffles

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

shazbot posted:

my doc thinks I have sleep apnea due to my breathing during surgery but insurance is making me do a test to see if they will cover the test to see if I have it. the test for the test is also not covered.

Once you get the CPAP, you have to wear it for a some significant percentage of your night every night or you lose insurance coverage. My problem was that by the time I finally got over the claustrophobia of it all, I was on the verge of losing insurance because I couldn’t even fall asleep with it on….and when I did I’d rip it off middle of the night and have no benefit.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
How do they know if you use it or not

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
It phones home lol

shazbot
Sep 20, 2004
Ah, hon, ya got arby's all over my acoustic wave machine.
lol can’t wait to wear some IoT poo poo cpap

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

SixteenShells posted:

How do they know if you use it or not

Anne Whateley posted:

It phones home lol

I can't tell if this is a joke

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Tesla brand Cpaps

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
more like craps

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

Asproigerosis posted:

I feel like we got so "lucky" with our chemo, the last couple visits the regs were gone (though the doctor still masked) and nurses even kept pointing out we didnt have to wear them anymore. We'd get our blood test back and they'd be all "oh hey her potassium is a bit low let me go get a printoff of foods that can boost it a bit, everyone thinks of bananas but did you know avocados were rich in it too? Oh you know you can take your mask off in here now."

The bizarrest of priorities. Not to poo poo on the blood work or anything we totally did follow it and I really fine tuned my cooking the last 2 years to get some nutritionally dense stuff but lmao like these are the definition of immunocompromised people you'd think even barring covid wearing masks to help prevent a random bug that would turn into pneumonia or w/e would be a priority.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

The Oldest Man posted:

Not a joke. There's whole lot of home and outpatient medical devices that is now "smart"

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
what the gently caress, some lojacked loving cpap bullshit

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
it says here you only stuck the thermometer 6" up your rear end, you gotta hit 12" or we don't cover it.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

The Oldest Man posted:

It is 0% a joke. It phones home to the manufacturer with all your usage data. Why does it do that? Because if you’re not using it enough, your insurance won’t cover it and will make you pay (often many times the value) instead. :911:

quote:

His insurance company might not pay for the mask, a customer service representative told him, because he hadn’t been using his machine enough. “On Tuesday night, you only used the mask for three-and-a-half hours,” the representative said. “And on Monday night, you only used it for three hours.”

“Wait — you guys are using this thing to track my sleep?” Umansky recalled saying. “And you are using it to deny me something my doctor says I need?”

Umansky was bewildered. He hadn’t been using the machine all night because he needed a new mask.
https://www.propublica.org/article/you-snooze-you-lose-insurers-make-the-old-adage-literally-true
:911:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Three people have now popped positive from a Christmas gathering that I burned ties with to not go to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Anne Whateley posted:

It is 0% a joke. It phones home to the manufacturer with all your usage data. Why does it do that? Because if you’re not using it enough, your insurance won’t cover it and will make you pay (often many times the value) instead. :911:

https://www.propublica.org/article/you-snooze-you-lose-insurers-make-the-old-adage-literally-true
:911:

jesus loving christ