Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Benoit tried for the Superman punch and got dismantled instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Was picking up my Cuban food and had on the Rangers Panthers game on NHL Network radio and man the Panthers radio crew is great. So much better than their TV guys.

Anyway the Devils look good when they get 950 goaltending and play Ottawa

Escape Goat
Jan 30, 2009

Spicy panel

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Yes Samsonov sucks but Brodie didn't need to float around behind the goal line on the last goal.

lol at "Gudbranson didn't like how Benoit was talking to Fantilli".

Oh yeah, and overall the whole D corps has been caught doing nothing behind the net way too often, which makes me inclined to blame Keefe at least in part

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

the funniest possible brendan smith first goal of the season

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
brendan smith folks

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I think that's the first time Jody Shelley has ever broken character in terms of being an objective broadcaster. He didn't like that penalty call. :lol:

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
:siren: Mika shorty!

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Oh Leafs

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: All The Goals :siren:

2 points for Johnny. Our Johnny is working again.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

No excusing that one!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

The dueling fan chants.

secret volcano lair
Oct 23, 2005

that was an encouraging first game from nico daws. if they somehow manage to beat boston i might start feeling optimism again

bub spank
Feb 1, 2005

the THRILL
Ottawa sucks, their goalies really suck, and their forwards are too mediocre to compensate for it. Not sure what happened to the pretty passing offence from the last 2 years, but the only thing this team does in the offensive zone this year is throw it to the point for a wildly misfired shot, or cycle it until they turn it over for a rush chance against.

Glad Dorion got one last summer to completely misfire on a long-term goalie signing before the team was sold. Korpisalo is awful.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Is Jake McCabe related to Bryan?

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Is Jake McCabe related to Bryan?

No, but you’d think they were from how he defends

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Anyone wants to know why the Leafs have so many loser points and so few regulation wins I’d just like to point to Samsonov and that fifth goal. All season long.

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Koopa Kid posted:

No, but you’d think they were from how he defends

the best defence

is a good offence

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Why did Samsonov have to be competent just there?

E- Johnny just rips it. :lol:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Thank you, Leafs fans, for contributing to the central Ohio economy. Have a safe drive or Air Canada Express flight back. :siren:

Johnny back.

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

I’m so loving tired of Ilya Samsonov

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

p sure he's just played his last game in the nhl

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Koopa Kid posted:

I’m so loving tired of Ilya Samsonov

He's godawful - needs to get sent to St. John's. Don't stink up the Marlies with him

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

future Leafs superstar goalie Dennis Hildeby will solve this

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
....stars bad

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Shinjobi posted:

....stars bad

:hmmyes:

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
Stars Hawks OT might be the worst thing I've watched this year, it's actually making me angry with this sport

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Szechwan posted:

Stars Hawks OT might be the worst thing I've watched this year, it's actually making me angry with this sport

last few OTs ive watched have given me actual brain damage

Szechwan
Jun 10, 2023
We need half-court violations in place ASAP. Both of these teams should be embarrassed

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Hintz owns so hard

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

EvilBlackRailgun posted:

Hintz owns so hard

aye

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Kraken penalized for playing the puck from the bench :lol:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Propaganda Hour posted:

Kraken penalized for playing the puck from the bench :lol:

Don't think I've seen that one before

Tatar lol

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

:siren: Maybe all they needed to do was break Severson to reset and make him useful :siren:

E- :siren: 11 for Fanti11i. :siren:

That's a hell of a pass by Danforth for a guy who was a career minor leaguer.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 31, 2023

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Horrific read and pinch gifting a 2 on 1 fortunately Jarry came up with the save.

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
:siren: Panarin

Good early goal

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

lol Leafs again.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
hell yeah Vinny :siren:

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Lol almost from Rielly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
I don't understand how Boston never loses. Every time I watch them they look fine but not dominant by any stretch of the imagination.