Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Before they phoned home, you'd have "compliance appointments" where your respiratory therapist would download the last 2-3 months of saved therapy data and check whether you've used it for enough hours enough nights of the week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Potato Salad posted:

Before they phoned home, you'd have "compliance appointments" where your respiratory therapist would download the last 2-3 months of saved therapy data and check whether you've used it for enough hours enough nights of the week.

when my ent doc said she wanted to explore all options to treat my sleep apnea before a cpap machine because theyre a huge hassle, i thought she meant, like, to sleep in it

thats not candy
Mar 10, 2010

Hell Gem

Potato Salad posted:

20 years ago some old guy at work handed me a smart card and asked me if i could hack the cpap data on it to make it look like he was using it at night. of course i couldnt cause i was dumb as gently caress

only just now realized what he wanted to do that for

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Anne Whateley posted:

It is 0% a joke. It phones home to the manufacturer with all your usage data. Why does it do that? Because if you’re not using it enough, your insurance won’t cover it and will make you pay (often many times the value) instead. :911:

https://www.propublica.org/article/you-snooze-you-lose-insurers-make-the-old-adage-literally-true
:911:

:d2a:

There's gotta be some kind of thingy you can hook the machine up to, like a vacuum nozzle or something. Unreal. This loving country.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Cops Policing All Pharmaceuticals

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Girlfriend's coworker's girlfriend just tested positive, I was able to get them pointed toward test2treat because of this thread, so thanks again for having useful information about this stuff

Slightly concerned that this guy's best bet was "ask the mask lady at work, perhaps she knows a wizard" but here we are

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Real Mean Queen posted:

Girlfriend's coworker's girlfriend just tested positive, I was able to get them pointed toward test2treat because of this thread, so thanks again for having useful information about this stuff

Slightly concerned that this guy's best bet was "ask the mask lady at work, perhaps she knows a wizard" but here we are

turns out she does! :unsmith:

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The problem is that CPAP has a loving huge failure rate. I think the failure rate is over 50% in the first year….but you’ve got no other viable options.

There are some electro therapies available in Europe but the FDA has only approved inspire for people with bmi under 35 and it sounds expensive.

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Real Mean Queen posted:

hell yeah she does

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Real Mean Queen posted:

"ask the mask lady at work, perhaps she knows a wizard"

looks like we got another thread title

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
INHALEO FILTRATUM!

DEAPPLEBUS!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
EXPELIHARMUS!

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Real Mean Queen posted:

Hell yeah

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

Rochallor posted:

:d2a:

There's gotta be some kind of thingy you can hook the machine up to, like a vacuum nozzle or something. Unreal. This loving country.

paying the doordash guy to lie in my bed and breathe slowly for 8 hours

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

any alternatives to Flo nasal spray with a similar amount of iota-carrageenan? I used up most of a bottle on a recent trip to visit family and seems like the seller raised prices :negative:

kinda rolling the dice by buying off Amazon to begin with

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/tincanfire/status/1740872513750724953

Steve Yun has issued a correction as of 04:53 on Dec 30, 2023

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

corona familiar posted:

any alternatives to Flo nasal spray with a similar amount of iota-carrageenan? I used up most of a bottle on a recent trip to visit family and seems like the seller raised prices :negative:

kinda rolling the dice by buying off Amazon to begin with

assuming ur in the USA

northernvitality.us

sells betadine cold defense spray it's the same bottle dunno about concentration

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I got double vaxxed in October

About two weeks ago I came down with something that had me sneezing nonstop for a full day (thought it was allergies, at the time), was fine if run-down the next day, then the day after I couldn't stop coughing. The day after *that*, I was again back to normal and have been feeling fine since.

I didn't think much of it at the time between being up-to-date on my vaccinations. I figured it was that seasonal cold that was going around. I did not get COVID tested. Aside from the cough, none of my symptoms matched my fall 2020 actual-covid experience, and even the cough didn't really compare in either severity or duration.

I've had a mild but persistent cough ever since then that hasn't seemed to be improving. I'm also reading that covid cases are spiking wildly, which has me wondering. Did I get the new covid variant or wot?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
I guess we might never know since you didn’t test

Soap Scum
Aug 8, 2003

the highest probability explanation is that you got covid. I've known many people whose COVID symptom courses differed significantly each time, and some sound similar to yours.

again no guarantee but highest probability for sure

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Hmm. Unfortunate

Baddog
May 12, 2001

SKULL.GIF posted:

I did not get COVID tested.

Lot of that going around!

(I'm loving with you a bit, I just burned a bullshit Biden RAT because my nose is a bit runny after sitting in a room for a few hours this week with a shitton of people hacking their guts out. And I'm sitting here looking at negative results and being like "well, what the gently caress does this tell me really, goddamnit, this feels kinda pointless". I guess I have a couple Luciras, but was kinda trying to save them. )

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Thanks to being on Medicaid in Oregon my family is still getting 4 free iHealth boxes per person per month, and thank god for that, because we blew through most of our supply this month

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Asproigerosis posted:

Lol come in to work and coworker is sick like a dog, tell her she probably has covid. She goes home and takes a test and has covid. Rip all those patients that just got free covid at the hospital.

Speaking of HAI, in the latest update from Dr. Mike Osterholm,

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/covid-19/episode-147-jn1-hospital-capacity-vaccine-uptake posted:

[23:00]

We need to be using N95 respirators. They need to be used not just when they are in the patient rooms, but in areas where patients are out in any kind, since we are seeing more and more transmission of infection.

I just recently had a friend and colleague who had been hospitalized for cancer treatment and, while in the hospital over a period of several weeks, developed COVID and died from his COVID. That was a hospital‐acquired infection.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
Imagine going to the hospital and sitting in the waiting room thinking you're dying of covid and there are 50 other people dying of covid sitting next to you with no masks and it's literally a day until they bring you back.

Welcome to bidens america.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Asproigerosis posted:

Ppe is uncomfortable.

It's just that simple tbh.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

I hate that I know exactly who is in this fur suit.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Salt Fish posted:

I hate that I know exactly who is in this fur suit.

Wait is that the ICP singer?

lol how covid is listed last, is that how all these articles do it? Better sneak it in at the end and hope no one notices!

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/fitterhappierAJ/status/1741006422337568929?t=JpeeO9ctiFhT9IPgyVlSFg&s=19

Seems pretty mild wdyt

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
without direct infection? they’re teleporting now?

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
Covid wormhole into my brain

quantum tunneling into my brain

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

Steve Yun posted:

without direct infection? they’re teleporting now?

The paper looks like it's saying that it's the autoantibody response that COVID kicks off that fucks your brain up.

Notorious R.I.M. has issued a correction as of 09:22 on Dec 30, 2023

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
oh ok so they’re dropping nukes on one part of our body and causing climate change in other parts of our body

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/halcranmer/status/1740936694889959478?s=46

https://x.com/halcranmer/status/1740959968495579333?s=46

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

To be fair, the flu and rsv cases happening are the absolute worst it's been since the age of covid began (we finally overcame the immune debt of widespread masking lockdowns and now we are reaping the spoils of freedom air).

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
Last friday I didn't show up for my department's xmas lunch because 2 coworkers insisted on going despite having cold symptoms. I ate a banana out in my car in the parking lot. One of them texted asking why i wasn't there, I said I was there. In the parking lot. Avoiding you negligent fucks.

This week, at a certain point on my shift, everyone in the department was sick except me. Slowly it took them down one by one, but they kept coming to work because we're in hell. Today i finally had it and just wore an N95 all day, even while totally alone in sterile air, because I'm outnumbered. Right now i consider every week I don't get sick to be a win, since the the whole world is trying to get me.
It's winter in canada, outside isn't an option, I've run out of safe places to eat lunch.

I WORK IN A HOSPITAL I'm so tired :negative:

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat

Asproigerosis posted:

To be fair, the flu and rsv cases happening are the absolute worst it's been since the age of covid began (we finally overcame the immune debt of widespread masking lockdowns and now we are reaping the spoils of freedom air).

oh yeah I’m not downplaying the other diseases, it’s just chilling that people are getting so sick now that a health authority is saying to check up on your friends to make sure they’re still alive

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/amandaballeng99/status/1740925306834395248?s=46

wear glasses, people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012