Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I like the guy who refuses to celebrate holidays where you have fun. He only does memorial and veterans' days , and I guess he spends the whole day standing at attention saluting the flag, reflecting on all who served while grateful tears slowly roll down his cheeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirt5o8
Nov 6, 2008

EUGENE? Where's my fuckin' money, Eugene?
Speaking as active duty military with a couple decades behind me: Memorial Day and Veterans Day are for getting hosed up and BBQing.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Freep:

(But also don't forget it's the Marxists and leftists who are miserable all day. We're respectful, which is different.)

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

kik2dagroin posted:

Six ended my career and I was an RN sworn to help. They high fived, threatened and mocked. I couldn’t fight back because it was a hospital and I was caring for one of their homies but even so a three year trial they tried to make me out to be racist. Failed but I can no longer work as a healer ever again.
what does this mean??

three black teens were dancing around, mocking and threatening her, as she tried to help their friend? and there was nothing the nurse could do because they were in a hospital, famously a place with no security?
and then they sued the nurse for being racist? a trial which took three years?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Dirt5o8 posted:

Speaking as active duty military with a couple decades behind me: Memorial Day and Veterans Day are for getting hosed up and BBQing.

They absolutely know this, they just like puffing themselves up when an undesirable is outside having fun

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

InsertPotPun posted:

what does this mean??

three black teens were dancing around, mocking and threatening her, as she tried to help their friend? and there was nothing the nurse could do because they were in a hospital, famously a place with no security?

"I got fired for being racist." Seriously all it boils down to.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Gamer words will get you even if you're not a gamer!

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

InsertPotPun posted:

what does this mean??

I was trying to figure out if this freeper was saying they got physically attacked but hard to derive that from what was posted

But it’s basically this.

Captain_Maclaine posted:

"I got fired for being racist." Seriously all it boils down to.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

InsertPotPun posted:

what does this mean??

judging by the age of these freaks. they probably came into to see their white friend in former "white wing" of the hospital.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

FLIPADELPHIA posted:

Freepers: until God takes me

Might have some bad news for them on that regarding the whole "getting into heaven" part.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Maine bars Trump from ballot as US Supreme Court weighs state authority to block former president posted by freeper CaptainK

Unlike the Colorado decision, this one came from the administration, not the courts.

quote:

The decision by Secretary of State Shenna Bellows follows a December ruling by the Colorado Supreme Court that booted Trump from the ballot there under Section 3 of the 14th Amendment. Colorado is a Democratic-leaning state that is not expected to be competitive for Republicans in November.

Bellows found that Trump could no longer run for his prior job because his role in the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol violated Section 3, which bans from office those who “engaged in insurrection.” Bellows made the ruling after some state residents, including a bipartisan group of former lawmakers, challenged Trump’s position on the ballot.

quote:

To: CaptainK

You Maine folks happy the democrat in office decided you can’t vote for who you want to? Just like the USSR/CCP politburo?

So you’re “free”, but not so free you can chose your leaders, right?

4 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:07:52 PM by TonyinLA (I don't have sufficient information to formulate a reasoned opinion said no lefty ever.)

quote:

To: devane617

They do it because they know they can and they know the GOP is a bunch of weak, feckless pu$$ies that will do NOTHING to combat this.

13 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:22:46 PM by God luvs America (63.5 million pay no income tax and vote for DemoKrats...)

yeah ok

quote:

As a result of this illegal action, Maine will be stripped of all the states electoral votes.

17 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:25:44 PM by Colo9250

keep the powder dry

quote:

To: devane617

They are arrogantly pushing the limits to get Trump. They live in a bubble of woke types all in agreement keeping him off is like getting a sex offender out of the neighborhood or something. All in agreement against him.

They will have to be shown what rage they are igniting within the other side’s adherents. So far nothing much.

20 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:31:43 PM by frank ballenger (There's a battle outside and it's raging. It'll soon shake your windows and rattle your walls.)

quote:

To: frank ballenger

quote:

Plan B is Dealey Plaza II.

May God protect Donald Trump, his family and us, his supporters.

If they do that they will have a Civil War which will make the one in the 1860’s look like a Sunday picnic.

29 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:40:42 PM by july4thfreedomfoundation (Disband and Defund the putrid FBI. America does not need an out of control Gestapo)

ah yes, it's fear, not disgust

quote:

The fear emanating from the left over Trump winning is palpable.

They must be in pure panic mode of states are going to these lengths to keep Trump from office.

35 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:54:17 PM by metmom (He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.)

ah yes, the woke delusional system

quote:

They’re getting more and more desperate as Truth increasingly threatens their woke delusional system. Note tagline.

41 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:01:30 PM by Savage Beast (TRUTH is a terrifying thing to behold when trapped in a web of delusion.)

guys, is following the constitution unconstitutional?

quote:

Same as they did to Lincoln, the Civil War started the next year.

It would be prudent to anticipate where this is going, because there’s no walking back this political attack on our Constitution form of Government

43 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:06:24 PM by R0CK3T

no insurrection no insurrection, you're the insurrection

quote:

So these state executive branch officers unilaterally decided, without legislature approval, to change election laws and send out millions of mail in ballots.

Now they unilaterally decide who can be on the ballot and who can’t.

This is election interference and insurrection on their part imo and they should be arrested!!!!

52 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:45:45 PM by imabadboy99

re: cw2

quote:

To: july4thfreedomfoundation

Lots of brave talk in that regard but same group will be masking up to keep their jobs and shop at Walmart when next plannedemic is implemented.

56 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:52:13 PM by KierkegaardMAN (I never engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man.)

re: the sec of state of maine

quote:

I’ll be shocked if she’s straight.

LGBTQ are lockstep against Trump.

Why? Doesn’t matter.

57 posted on 12/28/2023, 6:00:45 PM by WeaslesRippedMyFlesh (Wake me up when somebody tells the truth.)

are we finally hitting the cope phase?

quote:

It has become very obvious that Donald Trump is not going to be president. So now what???? It seems we are screwed..

60 posted on 12/28/2023, 6:18:11 PM by Dandy (Drain the swamp baby!!!)

quote:

To: SpaceBar

quote:

We’re headed to cw2 one way or another.

It’s already here. The left through BLM and antifa are trying to make it hot.

70 posted on 12/28/2023, 7:04:17 PM by cableguymn

Second thread, Maine secretary of state rules Trump ineligible for state's 2024 primary ballot. posted by freeper janetjanet998

How are they so goddamn loving stupid!?

quote:

To: janetjanet998

quote:

ArtII.S1.C5.1 Qualifications for the Presidency Article II, Section 1, Clause 5: No Person except a natural born Citizen, or a Citizen of the United States, at the time of the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the Office of President; neither shall any Person be eligible to that Office who shall not have attained to the Age of thirty five Years, and been fourteen Years a Resident within the United States.

So does this woman know what the United States Constitution is?

16 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:28:26 PM by Brandonmark (November 2024 cannot come soon enough!)

good lord,

quote:

To: escapefromboston

Maine has RCV for a reason.

Until residents get rid of RCV and go back to dumb voting machines, Deep State will continue to steal elections at will.

Including landslides.

24 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:36:11 PM by mewzilla (Never give up; never surrender!)

quote:

"State officials say the ease of absentee voting helped Maine rank first in the nation last year for voter turnout."

Fraudsters

Criminals

Idiots
27 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:39:23 PM by politicket

Freep:

quote:

To: E. Pluribus Unum

Another example of why it was not a good idea to let women vote.

32 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:46:38 PM by Ouderkirk (The modern world demands that we approve what it should not even dare ask us to tolerate.)

roflmao

quote:

Wonder who her campaign donors are?

Hundreds Of Illegal Chinese-Owned Marijuana Operations Taking Over Maine
Epoch Times ^ | 12/03/2023 | Jana J. Pruet
Posted on 12/3/2023, 11:07:23 PM by SeekAndFind

Hundreds of illegal Chinese-owned marijuana growing operations have been popping up across Maine over the past three years.

38 posted on 12/28/2023, 4:54:36 PM by piasa (Attitude adjustments offered here free of charge)

Again I ask, how the gently caress can they be this loving stupid!?

quote:

The GOP is a private organization. The Sec of State has no business deciding who can appear on their party’s ballot any more than she can decide who can run for president of the Portland Elk’s club.

45 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:06:10 PM by monkeyshine (live and let live is dead)

Feeeeeeeeeeeeemales, amirite

quote:

To: Brown Deer

ANOTHER progressive female...

50 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:22:27 PM by who knows what evil? (Hospitals are the most dangerous place on Earth! Dr. David Williams)

quote:

To: shanover

Mommy, who caused the second civil war? A. Bitchy left wing Karrens.

56 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:32:11 PM by cowboyusa (YESHUA IS KING OF AMERICA! DEATH TO MARXISM AND LEFTISM! AMERICA, COWBOY UP!)

Freep:

quote:

THIS IS THE INSURRECTION!!!

65 posted on 12/28/2023, 5:51:25 PM by MeganC (There is nothing feminine about feminism. )

(this is a call for her execution)

quote:

To: Williams

She’s possibly a traitor to the constitution and should be dealt with according to law.
Arrest, prosecute, and carry out the appropriate sentence when convicted.

93 posted on 12/28/2023, 7:26:21 PM by Sonar5

McGlockenshire fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Dec 29, 2023

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Nikki Haley's Civil War Remarks Spark Backlash From Conservatives posted by freeper Fiji Hill

In case you missed this one,

quote:

"I mean, I think it always comes down to the role of government and what the rights of the people are," she said. "And I will always stand by the fact that I think government was intended to secure the rights and freedoms of the people. It was never meant to be all things to all people. Government doesn't need to tell you how to live your life. They don't need to tell you what you can and can't do. They don't need to be a part of your life. They need to make sure that you have freedom."

She continued: "We need to have capitalism. We need to have economic freedom. We need to make sure that we do all things so that individuals have the liberties so that they can have freedom of speech, freedom of religion, freedom to do or be anything they want to be without government getting in the way."

The man who asked the question then said he was astonished by her omission.

"In the year 2023, it's astonishing to me that you'd answer that question without mentioning the word slavery," he said.

I can't even

quote:

To: bray

I loathe Nikki Haley, but why was this a question? Other than to drag the tired old trope of black oppression, how was this germane?

8 posted on 12/28/2023, 7:37:08 AM by Right Brother (Pray for God's intervention to stop UMCRevMom's invasion of Free Republic)

The tagline really makes this one.

quote:

To: Fiji Hill

quote:

It is mostly leftists and RINOs that are angry at her for her comments, not conservatives.

You are absolutely correct! The yankees and the left want to preach that the Civil War was strictly about slavery, when States Rights and The Tenth Amendment were also very strong factors. Most Southerners didn't own slaves, only the wealthy.

15 posted on 12/28/2023, 7:47:19 AM by The Sons of Liberty (What's Worse: A PROVEN TRAITOR willing to sell out to our enemies, or a cacklin' Ho?)

One freeper almost gets it right (ignoring the whole blame-the-dems thing), but then of course gets corrected

quote:

quote:

To: cotton1706

IMHO she's trying to walk a tight-rope line of southerners who incorrectly believe in the lie of the Lost Cause. Basically, after the war and the abolition of slavery, it was evident that abolition was the right side of history. So the Confederate Dim leaders began a history revision of making up other reasons they broke away from the union.

Unfortunately, many southerners today don't like admitting that our predecessor leaders were wrong, even though we tend to hate Dims today. So Republican politicians trying to win the southern vote are hesitant to point out that the Dims were the party of the confederacy.

IMHO, the main way to know the main reasons for secession are to read the secession declarations of each state that left the union (just like the US Declaration of Independence describes why we left England). If you look at the secession declarations you see the word "slave" or "slavery", etc. For example, in South Carolina's secession declaration you see it 18 times. In other states' secession declarations you see the word only once, saying they are joining the "slaveholding" states.

16 posted on 12/28/2023 7:47:35 AM PST by Tell It Right (1st Thessalonians 5:21 -- Put everything to the test, hold fast to that which is true.)

Spoken like a Yankee...

For several decades prior to the Civil War the Nation’s economy was largely dependent upon agricultural exports. The South funded our government. As we began to transition towards a more industrial economy, which rendered slavery obsolete, the North’s move to abruptly ban slavery would devastate the South’s economy. Considering the South’s contribution to the economic development of the country, the correct course of action would have allowed the South to transition away from slavery, in a manner that would allow the South to maintain a level of prosperity.

It’s taken the South over a hundred years to recover. The same “State’s rights” mentality is allowing Southern economies to thrive while the same Yankee mentality to force their ideologies on others is the root cause of the decline in Northern (and Democrat) run cities. The more things change the more they remain the same...

45 posted on 12/28/2023 9:05:13 AM PST by MichaelRDanger

This is some concentrated extra strength freep posting right here

quote:

To: Right Brother

quote:

but why was this a question?

Because the guy is a douche bag pseudo intellectual from an almost meaningless upper Northeast state which has a tiny, backwards population that still thinks it’s 1970 and that the South is full of Klansmen.

Stupid SOB could move all of a few hundred miles to NYC and get a lovely apartment above 125th st (er, “Martin Luther King Jr Blvd”) and then let us know why he worries about such crap.

Or worse, why he thinks an upper caste Indian Nationalist would have any useful opinion on such.

24 posted on 12/28/2023, 7:52:35 AM by Regulator (It's fraud, Jim)

the context doesn't help the *what* factor

quote:

To: The Sons of Liberty

It is the CONFEDREATES who stand with the left. They both hate thevUnited States as founded. They both dispised what the Decleration stood for. You live in the United States, not a breakaway Republic that wad defeated.

37 posted on 12/28/2023, 8:20:47 AM by cowboyusa (YESHUA IS KING OF AMERICA! DEATH TO MARXISM AND LEFTISM! AMERICA, COWBOY UP!)

quote:

Comment #38 Removed by Moderator

just get a load of this one

quote:

To: Fiji Hill

Slavery was the wedge used to divide the states, to start a demoralizing, depopulating war and alter America from a union of individual, sovereign nation states governed by the people into one nation governed by elitists posing as representatives.

Nothing in this world reaches government level of success without PROMOTION. And nobody - nobody gets promotion without pledging out of desperation an oath of loyalty to the promoters and performing an act of debasement in front of them. It’s the old Faustian deal with the devil. If you want attention, you have to make arrangements with the secret gate keepers of the upper levels.

And what about these representatives who we outsouce our responsibility of participating in civilian government to? Are they really “of the people?” How much MONEY does it take to run for office? Could it be said that the only ones who can even run an election campaign are the ones who have been promoted to levels where free time and money are available for it, who’s names have bee pushed to notoriety in society? And just who are these promotion agents anyway, these secret gatekeepers who have power to promote or suppress one’s career?

52 posted on 12/28/2023, 9:58:34 AM by conservativeimage (Divorce the Deep State Peacefully: Become a State National: hxxps://tasa.americanstatenationals.org)

these takes are amazing

quote:

To: Gil4

quote:

The argument prior to the war was about stopping the expansion of slavery into newly acquired territories.

The propaganda spread before the war was that slavery would "expand." The reality was that this was impossible. You could not grow any cash crops that used large numbers of slaves in any of the territories. It simply could not happen, yet people kept trying to terrify people with the idea that the territories would be taken over by slavery.

It was just a lie told for political gain to maintain Northern control of the Congress, because through that control they had created a money stream from Southern pockets into Northern pockets, so of course they would lie to keep those money streams flowing.

72 posted on 12/28/2023, 12:01:00 PM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

gently caress

quote:

To: IrishBrigade

The Industrial revolution made slavery obsolete. Rather than suddenly banning slavery the government could have incentivized modernizing agricultural production over time i.e. a decade. Slavery had been a global institution for hundreds of thousands of years and suddenly outlawing slavery, effectively forcing the South into poverty, backed the South into a corner.

Incentivizing modern agricultural production would have introduced competition as a motivating factor in abandoning slavery. With modern plantations being more profitable than slave-based plantations the competition would have forced the conversion.

Regardless I’m noting you were in favor of an ideologically based governmental mandate forced on states without their consent. Instead of offering the south a carrot the north used a stick...

84 posted on 12/28/2023, 12:46:33 PM by MichaelRDanger

quote:

To: JayGalt

Again NOT a Nikki fan, but the slavery angle is overused and pounded into whites like a sword. The war was not started or about slavery when it started.

Most Southerners did NOT own slaves or want to. Yes it became an issue AFTER the war started but even then, Lincoln was willing to let it stay if the South gave up by a certain date.

So, even the North wasn’t willing to continue the war to free slaves.

96 posted on 12/28/2023, 1:53:07 PM by packrat35 (Pureblood! No clot shot for me!)

Let's see what the second thread has to say, Biden hits Haley over Civil War response posted by freeper ChicagoConservative27

They've really, really internalized the whole "it was the democrats doing the slavery" thing

quote:

To: ChicagoConservative27

It was about Democrat protection and insistence of slavery. Same now as it ever was.

2 posted on 12/28/2023, 7:55:20 AM by Badboo (A fascist is the one who wants to take your guns. That's how it always starts.)

quote:

To: Bonemaker; Jonny7797

It’s a good question. And I would agree with Jonny7797 that Tyranny is a fine answer. The problem today is a central government with too much over-reach seeking to control things that should be left to states and to individuals.

But if the future civil war is won by the Left, you know that the future history books will blame the future civil war on the racism of Donald Trump and his supporters. It will be all about race, and the desire of early 21st century white Christians to bring back slavery. Historical documents (CNN, MSNBC, NYT, etc.) will verify that it was all about race hatred.

The winners write the history.

And the history books tells us that the First American Civil War from 1861-1865 was all about slavery.

But maybe — just maybe — it had a little bit to do with a central government and it’s urge toward tyranny.

20 posted on 12/28/2023, 8:10:51 AM by ClearCase_guy

At this point DiogenesLamp gets into it with someone and it all just goes downhill and gets very dumb

quote:

To: Miami Rebel

quote:

The secessionists were very direct in their language: the only states’ right they were championing was the right for humans to own other humans.

Let us say for the sake of argument that this is correct.

Does this mean they would have had a right to secede for a reason you consider a better reason?

The salient question is "did they have a right to secede, or did they not?"

Let's answer the question as to whether states had a right to secede, then you can explain why they can only exercise this right if you agree with the reason.

35 posted on 12/28/2023, 10:57:12 AM by DiogenesLamp ("of parents owing allegiance to no other sovereignty.")

So here's the third thread, with the headline I wanted to see from them the most, Nikki Haley Blames ‘Democrat Plant’ for Civil War Question Gaffe posted by freeper ChicagoConservative27

gently caress

quote:

It’s only a “gaffe” in mainstream media fantasy land. No GOP primary voter cares that she didn’t give a progressive “muh slavery” answer.

2 posted on 12/28/2023, 9:02:48 AM by Trump20162020

quote:

To: albie

Correct. If I’ve learned anything by being on Free Republic for 20 years... It’s that the Civil War was NOT about slavery.

5 posted on 12/28/2023, 9:06:54 AM by Responsibility2nd (A truth that’s told with bad intent, Beats all the lies you can invent ~ Wm. Blake)

lordy

quote:

To: Kazan

quote:

More evidence that birdbrain is an appropriate nickname for Haley.

The Deep State likes their whores stupid and obedient.

24 posted on 12/28/2023, 9:29:04 AM by cgbg ("Our democracy" = Their Kleptocracy)

quote:

To: markoman

quote:

I’ve never understood this argument.

It’s a can’t win question like, “Do you only beat your wife on Tuesdays.” And there is no answer to that question that can’t be manipulated.

Liberals from the MSM get “what’s your favorite color,” while conservatives get unanswerable questions just to dirty them in the eyes of the voters. And if the liberals fear you enough, they start a smear campaign like the one they have done on Trump for the last eight years at least with delving into his private life and going after his family without anything but opinions. That’s how liberal politics is done. The art of misdirection. Read Alinsky.

wy69

40 posted on 12/28/2023, 10:29:43 AM by whitney69 (yption tunnels)

okay, I laughed

quote:

quote:

blamed a “Democrat plant”

Like what? Kudzu

49 posted on 12/28/2023, 10:55:58 AM by Zack Attack (✔)

Ah, there are the brainworms

quote:

To: bray

quote:

What does the CW have to do with anything?

The existence of our synthetic constitution for one thing.

And the homosexual marriage amendment that was passed with a secret provision to keep Trump off the 2024 election ballot.

And the one million page Federal Register to regulate your conduct; or is it two million pages now?

In any event, after the disaster at Appomattox the smarties in Washington D.C. can dictate the size of mudflaps on trucks driving state roads.

69 posted on 12/28/2023, 2:22:41 PM by jeffersondem

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Lol suck those states rights you fascist fucks

Blarghalt
May 19, 2010

80% of America's problems stem directly from the Union not doing nearly enough war crimes upon the South and Reconstruction not being a Robespierre-tier decades-long Terror. Thaddeus Stevens has been proven right infinity times.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

quote:

If I’ve learned anything by being on Free Republic for 20 years... It’s that the Civil War was NOT about slavery.

Is this too long for a thread title

Blarghalt posted:

80% of America's problems stem directly from the Union not doing nearly enough war crimes upon the South and Reconstruction not being a Robespierre-tier decades-long Terror. Thaddeus Stevens has been proven right infinity times.

The irony of “war crimes” is that the devil Sherman explicitly ordered his troops to target the rich and war infrastructure, correctly assuming a lot of poor whites would welcome the union. Appalachia, Tennessee, northern Alabama, big chunks of Texas, New Orleans, the confederacy was never a solid south.

It’s only a generation later that the Lost Cause starts taking hold. We could have stomped that out.

Edgar Allen Ho fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Dec 29, 2023

Jesus III
May 23, 2007

Blarghalt posted:

I dunno about war crimes, but executing all the leadership, forced redistribution of the land owned by the plantation class and imprisonment to hard labour of all remaining ex-slave holders would have been great.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The irony of “war crimes” is that the devil Sherman explicitly ordered his troops to target the rich and war infrastructure, correctly assuming a lot of poor whites would welcome the union. Appalachia, Tennessee, northern Alabama, big chunks of Texas, New Orleans, the confederacy was never a solid south.

While Lincoln held out far too much hope for action by southern Unionists for far too long, it is certainly true that the Confederacy never did have a full mandate even from it's own people, nor did its government consider even white-only democracy a good thing. Not for nothing was Pickett's first assignment to ride out into western Virginia and hang as many people who voted against secession as he could find.

Jesus III posted:

I dunno about war crimes, but executing all the leadership, forced redistribution of the land owned by the plantation class and imprisonment to hard labour of all remaining ex-slave holders would have been great.

Hell, just calling their bluff in 1877 and not abandoning reconstruction would have been a huge step.

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
Ohio’s Republican governor vetoes trans care restriction and sports ban posted by freeper Oldeconomybuyer

In a shocking turn of events, a Republican governor attempted to learn about a problem and remember that people are people.

the article posted:

Gov. Mike DeWine’s veto makes him one of only two Republican governors to veto a restriction on gender-affirming care, alongside Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson in 2021, and one of only three Republican governors to veto a trans athlete bill after Utah Gov. Spencer Cox and Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb last year.

In a press conference on Friday following his veto, DeWine said the “gut-wrenching” decision about whether a minor should have access to gender-affirming care “should not be made by the government, should not be made by the state of Ohio,” rather it should be made by the child’s parents and doctors.

Prior to vetoing the bill, DeWine told The Associated Press that he visited three Ohio children’s hospitals to learn more about transition-related care and spoke to families who were both helped and harmed by it.

“We’re dealing with children who are going through a challenging time, families that are going through a challenging time,” he said. “I want, the best I can, to get it right.”

quote:

To: Oldeconomybuyer

Gov or US Rep or US Sinator.

It’s ALL. Of. Them.

Need to abolish the ‘Rat party, and conservative grass roots TAKE OVER the ‘Repub party.

There are ONLY really two parties - the Patriot Party and the Uni-Party. The “rat party” is 100% rats, and the repub party are, at the national level 99% rats.

5 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:26:46 AM by C210N (Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur.)

quote:

I wonder what kind of photos they have of him.

6 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:28:23 AM by E. Pluribus Unum (The worst thing about censorship is █████ ██ ████ ████████ █ ███████ ████. FJB.)

the gently caress

quote:

It probably has to with the 10 yr old boy he has been dating that wants to transition.

7 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:30:36 AM by eyeamok

look at the big brains on this one

quote:

Why do so many people fall for the shrinks’ fraudulent disorders? There is no gender dysphoria. Everyone involved in mutilating children needs to be ****.

8 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:33:00 AM by Seruzawa ("The Political left is the Garden of Eden of incompetence" - Marx the Smarter (Groucho))

oh no, solar

quote:

Most of you would not believe the things he has done...Red flag, delaying executions, handing over every stream, creek, and river to national non-profits, low income housing being pushed on rural counties, etc. Make a greenie a steward of your farm, what could go wrong. Did I mention solar.

15 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:40:07 AM by OftheOhio (never could dance but always could fight - Romeo company)

quote:

There was a FReeper who told me that Ohio was a solid Republican state.

First, it was abortion, and now this.

Ohio State will lose their game tonight.
Not because of this, but the whole state is flushing itself down the toilet.

20 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:43:18 AM by Dacula

"I, an internet researcher, know more than this guy"

quote:

It would be a lot less challenging if Governor Dewine stayed out of medical issues that he obviously knows little about .

22 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:44:48 AM by Eva

imagine what you'd have to believe to believe this

quote:

I saw this coming because the same billionaire donor class that give money to the GOP are the ones funding Transgenderism.

By 2028 the official platform of the GOP will be "Democrats are the real Transphobes!"

24 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:45:31 AM by Shadow44

ooh, I haven't had to break out :stonk: in a while

quote:

These mutilated children, who will be incapable of reproduction or normal sexual function, will one day grow up into very depressed and dysfunctional adults. When they go out looking to take revenge on those who allowed them to become victims, they can add one more name to that list.

Hopefully they will properly recognize their parents, their teachers, their councilors, their doctors and now their Government officials when they start their revenge tour.

32 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:52:29 AM by nitzy (I wonder if the telescreens in 1984 were first called "free Obamascreens")

hmm. hmmmmmmmm. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

quote:

Chris Christie agrees with this position.

For whatever reason, some Republicans want to go out of their way to show that they are liberal , on certain big social issues. They want to show that they are a so-called reasonable Republican , as opposed to the evil irredeemable MAGA types.

34 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:56:48 AM by Dilbert San Diego

the trans agenda:

quote:

It is astonishing how much power such a small group wields over corporations and politicians. Homosexuals do not have the numbers to do anything more than yell really loud, but so much of society bows in front of them.

35 posted on 12/29/2023, 9:01:49 AM by Yogafist

quote:

Josef Mengele is laughing in his grave.

46 posted on 12/29/2023, 9:23:21 AM by Zathras

big angry here

quote:

America has become the world’s leader in the INHUMAN sexual mutilation of children and this jackass governor confirms it.

This is not justice. These are crimes against Almighty God and His Creation AND AGAINST HUMANITY for which such barbaric “leaders” should be prosecuted and publicly hanged.

Doctors who do this are depraved barbarians lacking morality and conscience and they should be imprisoned for these horrendous crimes.

This is something every bit as sick as done by the German Nazi’s.

Any society in which children are mutilated are a bunch of subhuman savages and are begging decent people to destroy them and their pure evil.

50 posted on 12/29/2023, 9:39:40 AM by Gnome1949

Second thread: Ohio's GOP Gov. DeWine Vetoes Transgender Bill posted by freeper Navy Patriot

If not for the slur, this'd be Freep:

quote:

The Associated Presstitutes celebrate another RINO GloboHomoTrannyPedo win.

1 posted on 12/29/2023, 9:56:44 AM by Navy Patriot

Ah yes, it's the Overton window moving to the left that's the problem here

quote:

To: Navy Patriot

Ten years, or even 5 years ago, DeWine would not have dared do this.

But after a few years of Leftisit agitation, the Overton Window moves, and “conservative” elites like DeWine wobble and cave.

This is why the Left always wins, and things just go more and more Left.

3 posted on 12/29/2023, 10:01:06 AM by Reverend Wright ( Everything touched by progressives, dies !)

so deep in their misinformation hole that they actually believe this. transition is literally the only thing we know that works!

quote:

We need people who reject this as a solution, amd instead put things in place to get mentally ill men and women who have this problem to learn to accept and be ok living in their own bodies. We have so much empirical data showing anything else, appeassing, affirming, mutilating make and female surgeries, all do not work, especially the younger the person is. The younger real acceptsnce therapies start the better chance they can learn to be ok and identify properly with the body they have without serious lifelong and unfixable regrets (ie failed leftist solutions).

6 posted on 12/29/2023, 10:01:42 AM by Secret Agent Man (Gone Galt; not averse to Going Bronson.)

this wall of text is worth reading if only for how loving dumb it is

quote:

The transgender agenda is one facet of the march to transhumanism, eventually leading to posthumanism.

Laura Aboli “Transhumanism: The End Game”

hxxps://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&v=FCh6auCKYS0

excerpt:

quote:

“It’s very important to understand that transhumanism is simply the transitional stage between humanism and post-humanism.

Make no mistake - the final goal is to eradicate humanity as we know it.

Once you understand the final destination it becomes much easier to look back and identify the psychological conditioning, the biological tampering, the cultural grooming, and the educational prepping that we have been subjected to for decades, in preparation to making us accept a post-human future.

It takes a lot of physical and psychological abuse to get an intelligent species like ours to agree to its own extinction.

Most, if not all, that has transcended in the last 60 years was designed to get us closer to accepting such a dystopian reality.

Whether you care to accept it or not, we live in a hyper-controlled matrix, where our perception of reality is meticulously planned, managed and executed, in order to control and steer us in whichever direction they wish. The direction is - - a post-human world.

For this they first needed to destabilize, dehumanize and demoralize humanity, through every means possible.

The destruction of the nuclear family; children being indoctrinated by the state; abortion; the eradication of God and spirituality from education; life in mega-cities and away from nature; toxic food, air and water; social media replacing real human connection and interaction; engineered financial crisis and taxation; endless wars and massive migration; stress, anxiety, depression; drugs and alcohol; constant fear-mongering; moral relativism as the new religion…and I could go on and on about how humanity has been influenced and forced to move away from all the things that give us strength, security, purpose, and meaning.

A weak, immoral, disconnected, ignorant and unhealthy population is an easy target for the next stage: the creation of an entire generation of androgynous beings.

Masculinity is under attack - psychologically, culturally and biologically. Women are being replaced in sports, entertainment and politics by men pretending to be women, and children are being indoctrinated at school to think that gender is a choice.

The transgender movement is not a grassroots movement. It comes from the top. It has nothing to do with people’s freedom of expression, sexuality or civil rights. It’s an evil psy-op with a clear agenda: to get us closer to transhumanism, by making us question the most fundamental notion of human identity: our gender.

If you don’t know who you are, if you already identify as a hybrid between a man and a woman, you will be easily convinced to become a hybrid between human and machine.

There is a reason it’s called artificial intelligence. That’s because it’s…artificial. It’s not real intelligence. Real intelligence necessitates a consciousness - something that machines will never possess.

Let’s use technology to make our lives more humane, not to make humans a thing of the past.

The things we value most are those things that cannot be replicated by machines: empathy, compassion, courage, intuition, imagination, passion, love - all the things that make us unique.

They don’t want to make you better, they don’t want to make you a super human. The end game is to make you a totally controllable piece of machinery - another “thing”…in the Internet of Things.

They will entice you with promises of immortality - but it’s digital immortality. They will try to convince you of a life without disease and suffering - but by disconnecting you from the natural web of life, and connecting you to the grid.

We are not meant to become God. We are here for God to experience life through us.

16 posted on 12/29/2023, 10:17:21 AM by yelostar (Spook codes 33 and 13. See them often in headlines and news stories. )

ah yes, Normal Activity and Normal Behavior... gently caress I hate these people

quote:

To: Reverend Wright

You make really good points.

Criminals, Degenerates and Deviants always try every method to normalize their Degeneracy and obtain the Governmental power of Declaring an activity Legal.

Then they use the same Governmental power to declare Normal Human activity Abnormal and Criminal.

Normal People don't engage in this process, they don't actively and continually advocate for reinforcement of Normal Behavior by the Society Every Day.

20 posted on 12/29/2023, 10:26:10 AM by Navy Patriot (Celebrate Decivilization)

"What's wrong with this guy, does he have someone to care about or something!?"

quote:

What’s up with this whore? Does he have a gay or trans son or nephew? Did an ultra liberal wife threaten him?

24 posted on 12/29/2023, 10:36:25 AM by dennisw (Be positive. Evey day is another day.)

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

McGlockenshire posted:

Ohio’s Republican governor vetoes trans care restriction and sports ban posted by freeper Oldeconomybuyer

In a shocking turn of events, a Republican governor attempted to learn about a problem and remember that people are people.

the gently caress

look at the big brains on this one

oh no, solar

"I, an internet researcher, know more than this guy"

imagine what you'd have to believe to believe this

ooh, I haven't had to break out :stonk: in a while

hmm. hmmmmmmmm. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

the trans agenda:

big angry here

Second thread: Ohio's GOP Gov. DeWine Vetoes Transgender Bill posted by freeper Navy Patriot

If not for the slur, this'd be Freep:

Ah yes, it's the Overton window moving to the left that's the problem here

so deep in their misinformation hole that they actually believe this. transition is literally the only thing we know that works!

this wall of text is worth reading if only for how loving dumb it is

ah yes, Normal Activity and Normal Behavior... gently caress I hate these people

"What's wrong with this guy, does he have someone to care about or something!?"

i like how they dont understand empathy/sympathy at all. like dewine is a fucker but he at least considered stuff and talked to people. learned new information, changed his mind and acted on it. these fucks legit can;t do that. stuff like this is why you will see a slowly fracturing GOP. you have ghouls like dewine and christie who realize the social issues are toxic and will either adopt more liberal views or not talk about it and these assholes who will burn everything as long as they can rule and piss on the ashes.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Not directly freep-related but oh well.

gently caress DeWine. Unless someone can set me straight with some sources I haven't seen, he has shown no indication of actually supporting trans rights and I give him zero credit for not being a blood gargling psychopathic poo poo head like everyone else in the party. Everything I've seen so far is him just realizing that doing this stuff loudly is a political boat anchor that is costing them elections so he wanted to veto the loud stuff and then implement all the same poo poo on the backend when nobody is looking to wink and nod at the base that they're still making the outgroups suffer.

That poo poo doesn't fly with the base though. They don't just want the suffering anymore. They had pure, uncut Trump in their veins for years. They want the suffering and they want to crow about it from the mountain tops so they can revel in the suffering of their victims while they get to own the libs.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

McGlockenshire posted:

quote:

In a press conference on Friday following his veto, DeWine said the “gut-wrenching” decision about whether a minor should have access to gender-affirming care “should not be made by the government, should not be made by the state of Ohio,” rather it should be made by the child’s parents and doctors.

quote:

It would be a lot less challenging if Governor Dewine stayed out of medical issues that he obviously knows little about .

22 posted on 12/29/2023, 8:44:48 AM by Eva
:thunk:

(In light of the above post, I hope it's not all talk and he does in fact continue to stay out of medical issues)

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Some of that small government they supposedly believe in, finally.

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

McGlockenshire posted:

Yeah you can point at the absolute mountains of evidence that gender-affirming care is based off of and they'll just close their eyes really tight, turn around, and then start talking about "experimental treatments" and "genital mutilation" the moment they open their eyes back up again. They don't loving care. Hell, the Family Research Association put out a press release in response to this veto, saying that research hasn't shown that these procedures are effective in improving a patient's mental health! Yes it has, you motherfuckers!

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

DeWine basically saying that the government shouldn't have any control over decisions made by you and your doctor, which you'd think the small government freedom loving Freeps would appreciate. Smaller, less powerful government

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Small government (for white Christian men and their subservient wives and children)

This is basically what the pre-war Nazis did. Ie disarming “undesireables” while expanding gun ownership among acceptable pure Germans. Those leftist Nazis, you know

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I don't pretend to understand transgender things or the medicine, psychology and science behind it but, the thing is, at the end of the day, it's absolutely no skin off my back whatsoever. I adjust my pronouns and that's the end of it. I don;t worry about sports, bathrooms and whatever horrible thing this is supposed to be inflicting on my life. I'm not rude to the few trans people I run across. I work with Alex, who's undergoing gender things with however those gender things work and it simply doesn't affect my day or how I go about it. I don't even really need to fully understand it.

I just have to not be an rear end in a top hat to people and it's pretty easy to try not to do that. Even to angry rednecks. That's the extent it and as far as my responsibility reaches. It's usually not difficult for me to not be an rear end in a top hat. Occasionally it is when I am deliberately provoked, but by and large, it's not people like ALex doing that. It's open carrying flag felators, MAGA's, giant F-150 trucks trying to kill me on the highways, Jesus freaks who tell me I'm going to hell for being bisexual and people who think I drink the blood of babies and support pedophelia.

If I were to make a 100 item list of poo poo that needs fixing in this country, Alex and everyone else like them would be like #500. I'd sooner listen to serious arguments about what to do with the border, what to do about guns or why we have another election between two shitheads like Biden and Trump on the ballot because those are all real problems. Not some TG person playing HS sports or having to take a poo poo.

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
San Antonio man turns his home into temporary shelter for families struggling outside Migrant Resource Center

quote:

Notice the word ILLEGAL is conveniently omitted everytime the word "migrant" is used.
1 posted on 12/30/2023, 2:36:12 PM by V_TWIN
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

To: V_TWIN

On one hand you can admire him for putting his twisted principles into action.

On the other I hope he’s prepared to have wis wife and children abused, his stuff stolen and his home destroyed.

3 posted on 12/30/2023 6:40:40 AM PST by cyclotic (Don’t be part of the problem. Be the entire problem)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: cyclotic

It never fails. How many Christian missionaries end up decapitated in Africa?

No good deed…..

61 posted on 12/30/2023 8:29:02 AM PST by MrRelevant
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies ]

quote:

I guess Mr. Rodriguez is a humanitarian. But he is quite naive if he thinks his home will just be a temporary shelter. The illegals will move in easily. But they will leave not so easily.

I would ask Mr. Rodriguez to consider the source of the problem. It’s like a ship that is flooding. Job one must be to patch the hole. Don’t do that, and it doesn’t matter how many mops you have on board.

7 posted on 12/30/2023, 2:43:29 PM by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Leaning Right

These stories aren’t written in a vacuum. The story was written for a purpose. There are no actual news stories based on truth anymore.

17 posted on 12/30/2023 6:57:39 AM PST by silent majority rising (When it is dark enough, men see the stars. Ralph Waldo Emerson)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 7 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: silent majority rising

“The story was written for a purpose...”

Yeah, think frog in a pot.....get people used to seeing it and then it becomes “normal”.

23 posted on 12/30/2023 7:02:10 AM PST by V_TWIN (America...so great even the people that hate it refuse to leave!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 17 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: stanne

I’m wondering if aiding illegal aliens is even legal.

6 posted on 12/30/2023, 2:42:47 PM by V_TWIN (America...so great even the people that hate it refuse to leave!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 4 | View Replies]

quote:

I wonder the same thing. Santiago appears to be aiding and abetting criminals invading America. Somebody needs to check his immigration status.

9 posted on 12/30/2023, 2:47:48 PM by FlingWingFlyer (They've begun dismantling Arlington Cemetery, next comes diggin up white solders and dumpin' 'em.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 6 | View Replies]

quote:

These illegal alien invaders from the DNC-CIA-Biden Admin are soldiers to usurp the republic.

Our founders did foresee the government’s greediness to billet its soldiers in our houses. There are numerous propaganda press articles about the virtues of bringing the invaders into our homes.

This is Communism at its core.

Here is what our constitution says about billeting.

They know this, so want to encourage your consent, as a virtue:

“No Soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the Owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law”

These invaders are Jie Biden’s soldiers to overthrow the government.

21 posted on 12/30/2023 7:00:01 AM PST by FlyingEagle
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies ]

quote:

To: FlyingEagle

> Our founders did foresee the government’s greediness to billet its soldiers in our houses. <

Unfortunately, courts have ruled that the Third Amendment only applies to soldiers. Back in 2011 a Henderson Nevada police SWAT team moved in and took over a guy’s house (the cops wanted to watch a nearby house). The cops had no judge’s order, no warrant, no nothing. They just took over the house.

The homeowner sued on 3A grounds. He lost.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2015/03/23/federal-court-rejects-third-amendment-claim-against-police-officers/

38 posted on 12/30/2023 7:19:27 AM PST by Leaning Right (The steal is real.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 21 | View Replies ]

quote:

IIRC Sodom & Gomorrah had a similar problem with uninvited guests. At least Lot had enough sense to heed the Lord instead.

28 posted on 12/30/2023, 3:08:01 PM by P.O.E. (Pray for America.)

quote:

To: P.O.E.

Generally speaking the Bible is as relevant to today’s world as it ever has been.......so many things in this broken world that are all but identical to things written in a 2000 year old book.......new AND old testament.

33 posted on 12/30/2023, 3:12:06 PM by V_TWIN (America...so great even the people that hate it refuse to leave!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Dan in Wichita

My employer participates in a large community event for charity every year. They asked me to be part of the team when they interviewed me for the job.

After I was hired I found out that Catholic Charities is the beneficiary. When I figured out that they support illegals I suddenly got busy that weekend and couldn’t participate.

I finally told my boss that I can’t be part of it and why.

34 posted on 12/30/2023, 3:14:06 PM by cyclotic (Don’t be part of the problem. Be the entire problem)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 24 | View Replies]

quote:

To: TexasFreeper2009
Interesting replies all.

Perhaps we should put blame where it belongs, on the governments that allow this.

Governor Abbott thinks nothing of sending them elsewhere once they're in country, aiding and abetting them. He could have a showdown with the Feds and deny these people entry, but no, he and others like him try to be "oh so cute and clever." Once they're in country, they're in country. They're not going home.

Put blame where it belongs, on the governments that allow the crossing.
43 posted on 12/30/2023, 3:30:58 PM by tenger (If we don't stay on 'em, they'll get it wrong. -Joe Soucheray)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 32 | View Replies]

quote:

Lets not be stupid, Mexico and the central America countries, china, and Africa, have emptied their prisons by sending all their miscreants to the border.

and the Government is giving them free rides to the cities of their choice. what a sweet deal for former prisoners and antisocial psychopaths and the like.
55 posted on 12/30/2023, 3:56:15 PM by Ikeon (I stopped going to my family doctor whenever I felt sick. I've never been healthier. .)

quote:

To: Bon of Babble
They only want their fair share of the American welfare pie.

Just like our own college students they have been taught that wealth-building is a zero-sum game. America only got rich by colonizing and looting other countries, so the other countries are now entitled to send economic migrants in to take that wealth back.
67 posted on 12/30/2023, 5:05:05 PM by Mr. Jeeves ([CTRL]-[GALT]-[DELETE])
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 50 | View Replies]

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Yeah look at that dude doing Christian things to help people.

Merica
Jan 28, 2009

BiggerBoat posted:

Yeah look at that dude doing Christian things to help people.

Remember helping people is gay and cucked.

FLIPADELPHIA
Apr 27, 2007

Heavy Shit
Grimey Drawer
Freepers: The Twisted Principles of Compassion and Charity

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

IIRC Sodom & Gomorrah had a similar problem with uninvited guests. At least Lot had enough sense to heed the Lord instead.

28 posted on 12/30/2023, 3:08:01 PM by P.O.E. (Pray for America.)
Okay, I admit I'm not super familiar with the Bible (which probably still makes me more knowledgeable than the average Freeper), but weren't the visitors to Sodom angels who the locals assaulted, leading to their destruction? That seems like it makes the exact opposite point to Freeper beliefs.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BiggerBoat posted:

I don't pretend to understand transgender things or the medicine, psychology and science behind it but, the thing is, at the end of the day, it's absolutely no skin off my back whatsoever. I adjust my pronouns and that's the end of it. I don;t worry about sports, bathrooms and whatever horrible thing this is supposed to be inflicting on my life. I'm not rude to the few trans people I run across. I work with Alex, who's undergoing gender things with however those gender things work and it simply doesn't affect my day or how I go about it. I don't even really need to fully understand it.

I just have to not be an rear end in a top hat to people and it's pretty easy to try not to do that. Even to angry rednecks. That's the extent it and as far as my responsibility reaches. It's usually not difficult for me to not be an rear end in a top hat. Occasionally it is when I am deliberately provoked, but by and large, it's not people like ALex doing that. It's open carrying flag felators, MAGA's, giant F-150 trucks trying to kill me on the highways, Jesus freaks who tell me I'm going to hell for being bisexual and people who think I drink the blood of babies and support pedophelia.

If I were to make a 100 item list of poo poo that needs fixing in this country, Alex and everyone else like them would be like #500. I'd sooner listen to serious arguments about what to do with the border, what to do about guns or why we have another election between two shitheads like Biden and Trump on the ballot because those are all real problems. Not some TG person playing HS sports or having to take a poo poo.

You’re not an old person with nothing better to do than use the radio as a babysitter 15 hours a day.

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
“If you love immigrants so much, why don’t you put them up in your house?” :smug:

“NO NOT LIKE THAT” :byodood:

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Lord Hydronium posted:

Okay, I admit I'm not super familiar with the Bible (which probably still makes me more knowledgeable than the average Freeper), but weren't the visitors to Sodom angels who the locals assaulted, leading to their destruction? That seems like it makes the exact opposite point to Freeper beliefs.

Yeah the entire point of the story was that Lot, alone out of both cities, was hospitable to the uninvited and honored guest right (jn...err, pretty drat questionable ways once the angry mob got to his doorstep, come to think of it), and so got a pass.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

I AM GRANDO posted:

You’re not an old person with nothing better to do than use the radio as a babysitter 15 hours a day.

I AM an old person. Not that second part though.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Ezekiel 16:49 posted:

Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy.

SwingShift
Apr 27, 2013

Lord Hydronium posted:

Yeah they were angels, specifically sent down by God to save Lot, who was deemed the only decent man in the two cities. Essentially some angel (don't remember who) asked God if it was okay to doom good people by their proximity to bad people and God admitted maybe that sorta sucked, so yes, go get Lot and his family. The two angels, who took the form of human men, arrive and Lot shows them hospitality (!) and then a mob of men show up and basically demand Lot hand them over so they can rape them. Lot, trapped between the rules of sacred hospitality and an angry mob, offers his two virgin daughters instead (and why yes that is very hosed up, but whatever) and the mob gets angry and as they go to attack the house the angels turn on their divinity switch and blind them all with heavenly light. Then they tell Lot he and his family need to get out of the city because it's all going to be destroyed. They flee, Lot's wife looks back despite being told not to and is turned into a pillar of salt, and only Lot and his daughters escape.

Idiots take this story and decide that since the angels were men shaped and the men of the city wanted to rape them, this means it was the Gay Agenda that doomed these two cities. Even though, as pointed out by Lemniscate Blue, it was stated that arrogance and material wealth and apathy towards those with less was what doomed them.

The person saying that the city had issues with uninvited guests clearly remembers less than I do about the Bible, which is saying a lot because I barely know anything.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If the city was gay, why would Lot tell them they could rape his daughter instead?

Asgerd
May 6, 2012

I worked up a powerful loneliness in my massive bed, in the massive dark.
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bar3GOzDNzg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGlockenshire
Dec 16, 2005

GOLLOCKS!
No Happy New Year For America, a vanity thread posted by freeper Wdempsey

OP posted:

There can be no Happy New Year without Donald J Trump as president. All methods of delivering another underhanded skewed result must be discovered and plugged. The nation needs a dramatic sea change to end the nation now hell bent enough to compete disaster.

Get rid of all illegals, regulators, and that which is unnecessary in the FBI while bringing in the duties of the CIA, the TSA.et al into the FBI.

The IRs needs to be castrated and only one rate for all. Eventually use either a postcard or no tax

Clean out the military of all perverts and political officers.

There are many other actions necessary, one being that the federales not duplicate what the states already do

F

ah yes because a) prohibition totally worked and b) you understand what communism is!

quote:

To: Wdempsey

We need a constitutional amendment to ban communism in all its forms. They did it for booze and communism is ultimately more detrimental to American society.

3 posted on 12/31/2023, 6:06:46 AM by HighSierra5 (The only way you know a commie is lying is when they open their pieholes.)

quote:

1. Either eliminate no-excuse mail-in ballots entirely or enforce signature verification for them.

2. Audit all Dominion machines.

3. Eliminate Drop Boxes.

NOTHING has been done about any of the above. After 2020 and the scam-demic being the justification for the cheat-by-mail-in ballots, lo and behold they were still commonplace again in 2022, thanks to useless RINO-controlled state legislatures who did nothing to stop or regulate them. They are here to stay.

2024 will be the same story as it was for 2020 with Trump and 2022 with Kari Lake. The count will be slow-walked for a week until enough "votes" from the mail-ins are found to put the Democrat ahead. And any efforts to examine signatures on the mail-in envelopes or audit the machines will be held up in court for years.

The only hope for getting some strict signature verification lies with SCOTUS with Kari Lake's cases, and they are in no hurry. The Democrats are playing the game they do best with keeping it in the corrupt lower courts forever.

Just imagine if a Republican SOS had removed Biden's name from the ballot. It would have been up before SCOTUS that night.
4 posted on 12/31/2023, 6:07:20 AM by HandBasketHell

quote:

To: HandBasketHell

I’ve come to the conclusion at those RINOs never were republicans. They were democrats who posed as republicans all along for the sole purpose of winning in states where dems couldn’t, and they they turned traitor on the people they claim they represent who elected them to actually represent them.

Legislators, by and large, have lost sight of the purpose for which they are elected. They are supposed to represent us. Nobody elected them to rule over us as they see fit and implement their own agendas.

6 posted on 12/31/2023, 6:15:02 AM by metmom (He who testifies to these things says, “Surely I am coming soon.” Amen. Come, Lord Jesus.)

quote:

To: metmom
Legislators, by and large, have lost sight of the purpose for which they are elected. They are supposed to represent us.

Bingo. Per this recent thread, Trump supporters place less priority on seeking common ground with Democrats than GOP voters who back DeSantis or Haley.

Compromise in contemporary politics means a loss of representation.

8 posted on 12/31/2023, 6:45:27 AM by DoodleBob (Gravity's waiting period is about 9.8 m/s˛)

quote:

I’d like to see something done about our left leaning communist media. If we had a fair and balanced media, this crap would be stopped in no time.

14 posted on 12/31/2023, 8:37:58 AM by caver

So let's head on to that linked thread. Here's In GOP Contest, Trump Supporters Stand Out for Dislike of Compromise posted by freeper DoodleBob

quote:

To: DoodleBob

Compromise Needs To End On A Host Of Issues.

Trump clearly speaks to those of us who are disgusted with the decades of GOP caves-compromises etc.

Now will Trump change anything like with wasteful spending and the piling up national debt?

Likely not.

But since Mitch McConnell and Mike Johnson and so on Nikki Haley, Ron DeSantis etc. etc. are 100 percent not doing anything about it right now why not vote Trump
to say:

Enough!

3 posted on 12/18/2023, 9:21:02 PM by Nextrush (FREEDOM IS EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS-REMEMBER REV. NIEMOLLER)

yes but have you considered for a moment that you're the baddies?

quote:

Decent, rational people realize that you cannot compromise with evil.

4 posted on 12/18/2023, 9:23:26 PM by allendale

I know I shouldn't be surprised here but I can't help but :psyduck:

quote:

"Compromise" is a sacred word to the Republican establishment, which has betrayed conservatives repeatedly and consistently in the name of compromise for decades now, to the delight of Democrats, who never compromise.

7 posted on 12/18/2023, 9:28:48 PM by AnotherUnixGeek

quote:

Democrats: “Let’s spend two trillion dollars we don’t have.”

“Moderate” Republicans: “Can we compromise on one trilion?”

MAGA Relublicans: “We could save money if we vote together against reckless spending.”

“Moderate” Republicans: “Extremists!”

9 posted on 12/18/2023, 9:34:36 PM by BradyLS (DO NOT FEED THE BEARS!)

terminal brainworms

quote:

11% of Republican voters who support former ambassador and former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley for the nomination say it’s more important to focus on finding common ground with Democrats.

When was the last time Democrats were asked if it was important to find common ground with Republicans? That’s right, never.

12 posted on 12/18/2023, 11:21:20 PM by DeplorablePaul

quote:

I remember Rush’s definition of a moderate - a moderate is just a liberal who does not know it yet.

Compromise is like a cease fire with Hamas, Hezbollah, Iran. It just provides the enemy with time to plan, arm, and kill. We prefer the cease fire that results from total, unconditional surrender. Either that, or total annihilation. Either way, peace is the result.

15 posted on 12/19/2023, 1:55:21 AM by Ronaldus Magnus III (Do, or do not, there is no try)

quote:

To: DeplorablePaul

Leftism is a one-way ratchet. It is how they have won their ground.

Whine about the need to find “common ground”, and portray themselves as tireless workers for compromise.

Paint those who stand in their path as unyielding, bigoted, ideologue obstructionists.

They get intellectually and emotionally stunted people to take the side of people who know exactly what they are doing, and those who wish to preserve this country are forced by their own side to concede “so we can win elections”.

Exactly the argument we hear around here sometimes on the need to compromise on “social issues”.

Like abortion.

And thus, the one-way ratchet that is Leftism goes click-click-click, and territory is lost by America to be gained by the Left.

And that territory is almost never reclaimed. We go through an occasional springtime like Reagan, Trump, or the 104th Congress, but it is only the high level of an outgoing tide.

23 posted on 12/19/2023, 4:11:36 AM by rlmorel ("The stigma for being wrong is gone, as long as you're wrong for the right side." (Clarice Feldman))

quote:

I believe it was Margaret Thatcher who said “Compromise is the absence of leadership”.

The GOP is disrespected because in any compromise, the democrats get whatever it is they want.

They call it compromise, we call it submission.

32 posted on 12/19/2023, 4:57:12 AM by dforest

okay yeah sure :psyduck: :psyduck: :psyduck:

quote:

Defies common sense when you think how Biden and the left has vilified Trump and all of his supporters. It’s like the classic definition of a reactionary. A reactionary is someone you kick and kick and kick. He finally reacts. So he’s a reactionary.

34 posted on 12/19/2023, 5:10:44 AM by Ge0ffrey