Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Haha, I saw that but missed the quoted tweet.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Scudworth posted:

Last friday I didn't show up for my department's xmas lunch because 2 coworkers insisted on going despite having cold symptoms. I ate a banana out in my car in the parking lot. One of them texted asking why i wasn't there, I said I was there. In the parking lot. Avoiding you negligent fucks.

This week, at a certain point on my shift, everyone in the department was sick except me. Slowly it took them down one by one, but they kept coming to work because we're in hell. Today i finally had it and just wore an N95 all day, even while totally alone in sterile air, because I'm outnumbered. Right now i consider every week I don't get sick to be a win, since the the whole world is trying to get me.
It's winter in canada, outside isn't an option, I've run out of safe places to eat lunch.

I WORK IN A HOSPITAL I'm so tired :negative:

Tell them they shouldn't worry about ppe when doing the decon for the Creutzfeldt-Jakob autopsy

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

COVID is bad right now because I'm back to reading this thread

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Woke Mind Virus posted:

COVID is bad right now because I'm back to reading this thread

actually, it isn't

Woke Mind Virus
Aug 22, 2005

corona familiar posted:

actually, it isn't

Interesting

Skinnymansbeerbelly
Apr 1, 2010
Feelin' less than sanguine about the oral surgery I've got scheduled for next week :rubby:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Skinnymansbeerbelly posted:

Feelin' less than sanguine about the oral surgery I've got scheduled for next week :rubby:

Well just turn that attitude around and get ..... ex-sanguinated????

wait wat :raise:

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I installed Sleep Cycle, but I can't find the menu option to view community cough radar stats. I did try to RTFM. What do I need to click?

you need to let it record sleep data for at least one night. no one rides for free.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

great. I just got back from riding public transportation in nyc all week. All tested negative so far!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

Asproigerosis posted:

29 year old healthy young adult with covid doing ok.

Walks across the room and collapses from sudden cardiac arrest, vfib.

JUST

THE

FLUUUUU

Healthy 29 yr old gets got. Doesn't feel good and collapses. Flu? Many such cases.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?
After a relatively quiet year, things are looking up.

https://www.cdc.gov/respiratory-viruses/data-research/dashboard/illness-severity.html posted:

(..)
Illness Severity Update:
The data presented in the figures below were updated on Friday, December 29, 2023. However, due to the Christmas and New Year’s holidays, data summaries are not provided. Data reported to CDC for the week ending December 23, 2023, should be interpreted with caution due to potential reporting delays from the holidays. Data trends may change after data are backfilled after the holidays. Regular updates will resume on Friday, January 5, 2024.

Reported on Friday, December 29th, 2023.
(..)

It will be interesting to see what happens from here, as the tracking period just barely extends into what must be the >50% JN.1* period.

A Bag of Milk
Jul 3, 2007

I don't see any American dream; I see an American nightmare.

Immunity debt works much like student loan debt. You start out owing like 50k, pay diligently and on time for a decade, then you owe 80k.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Its an airborne disease that can travel hundreds of meter through the air infecting people between in adjacent high rises. At the end of the day, you don't know where you got infected.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Just went to Costco with my family and they all had Novavax and we didn't even had to made an appointment at all. Sitting rn as they're getting the vials out for us

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Salt Fish posted:

Its an airborne disease that can travel hundreds of meter through the air infecting people between in adjacent high rises. At the end of the day, you don't know where you got infected.

right. you only know (at best) estimated probabilities

that said, Fauci wears eye protection when buying groceries

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Has anyone in the states successfully gotten Novavax after getting an mRNA booster in the fall? I got Moderna'd around Oct 1.

Hungry Squirrel
Jun 30, 2008

You gonna eat that?

Oracle posted:

you need to let it record sleep data for at least one night. no one rides for free.

I've been using it for three days, which I hoped would be enough to punch my ticket. I'm pretty sure that I can't find the radar because I'm doing something wrong, but the FAQ pages suck.

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum

Asproigerosis posted:

Tell them they shouldn't worry about ppe when doing the decon for the Creutzfeldt-Jakob autopsy

Mild

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Someone should ask this guy how many were hospitalized or died during that week or two

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Pingui posted:

After a relatively quiet year, things are looking up.

It will be interesting to see what happens from here, as the tracking period just barely extends into what must be the >50% JN.1* period.

Exciting times ahead

love that they only thought of creating an admission tracker mid 2023, after they discontinued the patient tracker. Is covid getting better? Is it getting worse?

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

A Bag of Milk posted:

Immunity debt works much like student loan debt. You start out owing like 50k, pay diligently and on time for a decade, then you owe 80k.

Love number going up

corona familiar
Aug 13, 2021

Hungry Squirrel posted:

I've been using it for three days, which I hoped would be enough to punch my ticket. I'm pretty sure that I can't find the radar because I'm doing something wrong, but the FAQ pages suck.

it's in the journal tab under the recordings

just took a look and it's just "every metro area is red". very useful :waycool:

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Zugzwang posted:

Has anyone in the states successfully gotten Novavax after getting an mRNA booster in the fall? I got Moderna'd around Oct 1.

Just did! I'm in Texas so maybe they don't really care that much. I got Moderna at the end of September at CVS and just got the moth juice just now at Costco.

The shot felt totally different from the mRna shot. Like the mRna felt absolutely nothing but later get a bit sore at the injection but with Novavax right after they gave me the shot my injection site immediately felt so weird and off, I could felt it flowing through my arm and I felt a bit off, but 30 seconds later feeling nothing at all in my arm at all. Doesn't even feel sore

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Someone should ask this guy how many were hospitalized or died during that week or two
Their low carb diets took care of everything, don't worry

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

NeonPunk posted:

Just did! I'm in Texas so maybe they don't really care that much. I got Moderna at the end of September at CVS and just got the moth juice just now at Costco.

The shot felt totally different from the mRna shot. Like the mRna felt absolutely nothing but later get a bit sore at the injection but with Novavax right after they gave me the shot my injection site immediately felt so weird and off, I could felt it flowing through my arm and I felt a bit off, but 30 seconds later feeling nothing at all in my arm at all. Doesn't even feel sore
thanks! Was planning on going to Costco soon anyway

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021
Is there a good source to point to someone very reachable for not exercising for 6 weeks post-COVID? I saw there was a New Zealand article yesterday on Twitter about it but the link always times out.

brap
Aug 23, 2004

Grimey Drawer
is there some drama around the rights to corsi-rosenthal boxes right now? people are alluding to this on Twitter but as usual it’s impossible to tell the original context

https://x.com/amandalhu/status/1741145129464086947

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Asproigerosis posted:

Ppe is uncomfortable.

It's just that simple tbh.

it's not that bad. these people are weak willed and easily swayed by peers v

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Why Am I So Tired posted:

Is there a good source to point to someone very reachable for not exercising for 6 weeks post-COVID? I saw there was a New Zealand article yesterday on Twitter about it but the link always times out.

Is it weird that this is the thing I have the most trouble convincing people to do? The people I know who have gotten really, really loving sick will generally take any advice I give them, but "just chill out for at least a few weeks after you feel better" is apparently impossible.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

I'm as lost as you are. Is this just because they got a trademark for Corsi Rosenthal cubes?

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

brap posted:

is there some drama around the rights to corsi-rosenthal boxes right now? people are alluding to this on Twitter but as usual it’s impossible to tell the original context
(..)

Possibly this:
https://twitter.com/JimRosenthal4/status/1741062080717820237

Nitter link: https://nitter.net/JimRosenthal4/status/1741062080717820237

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

if you work a job that requires ppe, you should at least be well paid for it

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

NeonPunk posted:

I'm as lost as you are. Is this just because they got a trademark for Corsi Rosenthal cubes?

I have like 20 minutes before I have to leave so I clicked through and I regret doing so, I don't know if twitter has just gotten that much worse or if the dispute isn't confined to a single thread. Scrolling up and down this tweet has most of the conversation I guess.

It looks Jim Rosenthal responded to a tweet about a company selling an air filter that used the term CR-Box as part of its description, Jim Rosenthal responded by saying that CR-Box is a copyrighted term and suggested that the company donate a small portion of each sale to the Corsi-Rosenthal Foundation (which is apparently a thing). The company retorts that there is no trademark on the term and it's unpatentable. I think that's the end of it. Seems like a dick move on Rosenthal's part.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

RealityWarCriminal posted:

if you work a job that requires ppe, you should at least be well paid for it
every job done in person requires ppe so yes agreed

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Rochallor posted:

I have like 20 minutes before I have to leave so I clicked through and I regret doing so, I don't know if twitter has just gotten that much worse or if the dispute isn't confined to a single thread. Scrolling up and down this tweet has most of the conversation I guess.

It looks Jim Rosenthal responded to a tweet about a company selling an air filter that used the term CR-Box as part of its description, Jim Rosenthal responded by saying that CR-Box is a copyrighted term and suggested that the company donate a small portion of each sale to the Corsi-Rosenthal Foundation (which is apparently a thing). The company retorts that there is no trademark on the term and it's unpatentable. I think that's the end of it. Seems like a dick move on Rosenthal's part.

Monetizing something that is so easy to build yourself is poo poo though. Plenty of non-profits use legal force to ensure their contributions aren't abused by companies, for example, free software organizations. If you set out with a goal to make a free to use it makes sense to tell companies that try to monetize it to gently caress off.

puncturewound78
Apr 18, 2023

Salt Fish posted:

Monetizing something that is so easy to build yourself is poo poo though. Plenty of non-profits use legal force to ensure their contributions aren't abused by companies, for example, free software organizations. If you set out with a goal to make a free to use it makes sense to tell companies that try to monetize it to gently caress off.

Baddog
May 12, 2001
This is naomi wu's new account? She is monetizing his design (and name). Seems like he has a reason to be a little grumpy about it?

Could have definitely been a little more careful with it - "inspired by the corsi-rosenthal design", something like that. Reading her drama llama poo poo exhausts me though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

it's a box fan with 4 furnace filters taped to it. lol that it's more effective than commercial air purifiers but I dont think they own the idea