Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
To be fair, if Nathen ever got the Hulkster on the phone it's totally believable that Hogan would immediately start ignoring Nathen in favor of gassing himself up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah I found that eminently believable, but the timeline is wrong, as Hogan won that suit in 2016, years before EGeez, so why would he be talking about having just gotten the money

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Akratic Method posted:

Disruptive first-mover? Aren't those opposites? What are you disrupting if you're there first?
Space-time

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

steinrokkan posted:

It's a chapter that's over, but it's the only chapter in the book, so he keeps rereading it

Is this arabiolosis?

Big City Drinkin
Oct 9, 2007

A very good

Fallen Rib
What do you think Nathen will have written on his gravestone?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Big City Drinkin posted:

i never fuked the cat

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Akratic Method posted:

Disruptive first-mover? Aren't those opposites? What are you disrupting if you're there first?

First-mover benefits can be gleaned from disrupting spaces/markets that are stagnant, even if there is only a small inroad. Tesla did not make the first mass-produced electric automobile but was the first electric car manufacturer that reaped the benefits of disruption by becoming the sole defining brand in what was presumed at the time to be a niche space: saturation, goalpost establishment, and gathering customers who were previously unaddressed. People who buy a Tesla are not going to immediately buy a Prius and are removed from the customer pool of other competing companies who took years to catch up. Egeez has no product in a market that is universal, competitive, and has no glaring hole for it to fill, though, so it's just insane dogshit rambling.

Pissed Ape Sexist fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Dec 31, 2023

SRQ
Nov 9, 2009

okay so I looked up egeez and it's entire selling point seems to be that it's impossible to find merch for licenses as a customer?
but like
no?

??????

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

you're so close to getting it

by which i mean you've described it exactly and now you must simply understand what it means

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

SRQ posted:

okay so I looked up egeez and it's entire selling point seems to be that it's impossible to find merch for licenses as a customer?
but like
no?

??????

It’s called Entergagement my friend.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Big City Drinkin posted:

Here lies the world's youngest Garfield licensee, whose smash hit new concept restaurant GarfieldEATS was cruelly struck down before its time by the greedy and vicious licensing ghouls at Paramount Global... [continues for 10,000 words]

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

SRQ posted:

but like
no?

??????

Without egeez it's impossible to find merch that has the coveted egeez seal of approval.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av
I just want to wish this thread a very happy and entergaging 2024. Mneow! 🥳

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Frank Frank posted:

He isn’t pushing it as a way for consumers to make money. It saves money for BRAND while reassuring consumers that they are only buying officially licensed merchandise

He sometimes does. The Iggy's website at one point and probably still does say it will be home to the lowest prices.

And as if the Hogan news wasn't good enough, his forehead got even bigger and he's taking a stand against the public domain.

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1741615659711070481

https://twitter.com/nathenmazri/status/1742088672994865307

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Jan 2, 2024

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I like the premise that a schlock public domain cash-in horror movie is going to have merchandise beyond the cheapest DVD pressing possible.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
That movie's merch will never be on egeez because no merch will ever be on egeez

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs
kind of an odd format for an Agatha Christie adaptation

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

How does he still manage to be this disconcerting with such relatively innocuous sentiments

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

blinkeve1826 posted:

How does he still manage to be this disconcerting with such relatively innocuous sentiments

He’s really un-charismatic and stilted in his delivery and his facial hair lip situation is just so weird, contrast is way too high.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1742261534883971438?t=MFyRZoePV9z-qdYOIl408Q&s=19

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Does Nathan not know how to PDF a dang word file

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic
I am only interested in FARM2PLATE Word files.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

I am so loving ready, Nathen, let's loving do this

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.
I don’t trust it unless it’s on egeez how do I know he has the rights? I only want properly branded and licensed merch and paraphernalia.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

blinkeve1826 posted:

Because you goes right to the receiving /celibacy joke that his antics prime you for but then you process his face and your brain bounces off like a golden retriever in a sliding glass door.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Go RV! posted:

Does Nathan not know how to PDF a dang word file
PDF is an open format (kinda), he wants to make sure you only can get it if you have a licensed copy of Office.

LibreOffice and other GNUmonsters will not be available through Egeez.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
At this point I don't believe Nathen has ever had any idea what Egeez is supposed to do.

Also :lol: is he going to program the app himself? Does he think software just kinda pops into existence if he wants it enough?

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Personally I'm wondering who is going to do the immense data entry job that is entering all these products into his app. And who will manage updating it with new products when they come out.

Because new licensed merch is literally constantly being released, such that some of these companies themselves don't even have a central database of all this poo poo.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

blinkeve1826 posted:

He has strong Tim and Eric energy. Reminds me of Pablo Myers for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWhcm7O6o0k

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao how much is he charging for the word document recipe book?

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

Blue Moonlight posted:

I like the premise that a schlock public domain cash-in horror movie is going to have merchandise beyond the cheapest DVD pressing possible.
Will one of the thousands of intellectual property lawyers reading this thread please tell me if I can now make my own merchandise of other people's usage of public domain material

Can I make a shirt with a dramatic Freddy vs. Jason-style face-off with Evil Winnie the Pooh and Evil Mickey Mouse from their respective garbage cash grab horror films now

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Dr. Quarex posted:

Will one of the thousands of intellectual property lawyers reading this thread please tell me if I can now make my own merchandise of other people's usage of public domain material

Can I make a shirt with a dramatic Freddy vs. Jason-style face-off with Evil Winnie the Pooh and Evil Mickey Mouse from their respective garbage cash grab horror films now

I am not a lawyer, but I think that since those versions of the character are transformative, they are covered under their own copyright, just as transformative Mickey Mouse iterations by Disney (like in Fantasia, for example) are still under copyright.

Now, if you create your own Evil A. A. Milne Winnie the Pooh and Evil Steamboat Willie Mickey Mouse, I think you’re in the clear, though Not In The Eyes Of Nathen.

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

I have never wanted a recipe for anything less than I do for Nathen's "secret sauce", egads

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
“As is” has never sounded more ominous than it does in this context

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

BEAUTIFUL CAT
Thank you!!!

NATHFIELD
I must be loyle to
my egeez .

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
He don't miss

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

GolfHole posted:

BEAUTIFUL CAT
Thank you!!!

NATHFIELD
I must be loyle to
my egeez .

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Happy 2014 Nathen thread!

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1741318221821546762

https://twitter.com/GarfieldEATSco/status/1741375137050407037

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

It's real, and it's fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I'm just carrying this over from the last page. No reason. Mneow!