Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

MarquiseMindfang posted:

Landed Ruan Mei at 27 pity and now I have THREE Harmony characters to build, on top of finishing Argenti and speed tuning Jingliu/Blade relics.

smh if you're not building every Harmony character in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Clarste posted:

I mean her animations aren't what I'd call amazing, but basically she doesn't give a poo poo about the battle so she's just posing elegantly while thinking about how all life is doomed to die. I don't think that's too different from how she acted during the event.

Also when her field is active, the battle screen has little plum trees on it and it dresses up things real nice.

I don’t think she’s left a team since I pulled her. Plus, I can fix her.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Excelzior posted:

I've started using Remembrance in Swarm Disaster and Gold&Gears and uh..it's basically a cheat code? the enemies never get to act, I am functionally immortal from all the shields (especially /w with the Preservation interplay) and Jingliu can just calmly shred everything to pieces

It's definitely strong, but it was less good in Swarm Disaster than it is in Gold and Gears because the bug boss has utterly ridiculous freeze resistance, such that even with stacking effect hit it's still unreliable. Also if you're like me in my last run and manage to get every Remembrance blessing except the one that breaks Dissociation so everything takes forever to kill.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

smh if you're not building every Harmony character in the game.

That does constitute the remaining Harmony characters in the game, now I think about it. Already have Bronya, Tingyun and Asta done.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

probably should field Clara finally in Gold and Gears

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

To me Erudition is the cheat code in Gears n gold. It turns my Argenti ult button into 'battle over' button.

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe
I'm having real trouble fighting the giant bug boss. I have Jingliu, Dragon Dan, Yukong, and Luocha in my team.

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Violet_Sky posted:

I'm having real trouble fighting the giant bug boss. I have Jingliu, Dragon Dan, Yukong, and Luocha in my team.

You may want to switch either jingliu or dragon dan for a buffer, debuffer, or second sustain. With those supports i'd almost certainly swap out jingliu. Large daniel scarfs down as many skillpoints as you have to spare so you're likely going to have an easier time fully committing to a single damage dealer rather than have 2 of them fight over resources.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Violet_Sky posted:

Are you leveled and traced appropriately? Decent relics and levels, too?

I found it pretty easy on manual. I did it with Argenti and Topaz. Have someone focus down the exploding bugs whenever they show up and have someone else focus on the boss. Strong aoe is great here.

Edit: By strong aoe, I mean full party hits. I had Pela as my support, and between her and Argenti, the bugs were always broken. I only really had to worry about the boss.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Dec 30, 2023

Promethium
Dec 31, 2009
Dinosaur Gum
I managed the story version of the boss with BatBlazer as my main DPS because I didn't have anyone better, and Gepard/Natasha as sustains. Fourth spot went to Kafka not because she's particularly good for the fight but she's my only other DPS built enough to not get bursted down immediately in phase 2 (as I haven't been active very long), and I had to be careful not to spawn too many bugs. If I had someone like Argenti I can see an AOE strategy being good, but for me just chipping down slowly worked out.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy

wat, why Fu? Is she actually popular?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Clarste posted:

How the hell have you done that many battles, like total?

The main thing to do in this game is Simulated Universe, which is full of battling?

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Revitalized posted:

give us quinque not her boss

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Okay, something ain't working here.

Anyway, am I the only one who would buy the tarot set? Those cards are gorgeous.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 30, 2023

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

give us quinque not her boss

many are saying this

Bad Video Games posted:

Okay, something ain't working here.

Anyway, am I the only one who would buy the tarot set? Those cards are gorgeous.

AND THIS ALSO

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Revitalized posted:

i think the way figures work for games like this is honestly them trying darts at a board

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I think Fu Xuan has one of the most memorable outfit designs of the Xianzhou ladies, at least.

Revitalized
Sep 13, 2007

A free custom title is a free custom title

Lipstick Apathy
Well, her art pose lends itself to a cool 3d sculpt I guess.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Fu Xuan has a very unique look and her animations are all cool

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Bad Video Games posted:

No minor arcana, no sale :colbert:

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

4 suits:
Pompoms
Trash Cans
Wubaboos
Warp Trotters

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

4 suits:
Pompoms
Trash Cans
Wubaboos
Warp Trotters

This is the way

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Got my first win at Conundrum 2 using Jing Liu Remembrance. Pretty standard blessing picks, with a focus on Hunt, Erudition, and Remembrance with the defensive Destruction FIghting Spirit ones. Banned Elation and Abundance. One neat dice trick I found is picking Ultra Remote Beacon(beacon focused dice) with faces focused on generating double treasure beacons and then multiplying them across the plane, and then one face allowing me to jump to the start of treasure chain.

Like so:

Fought the robots as the final boss with Hunt Resonance Extrapolation, but I think I would have been fine against swarm too. Argenti would have been rough, his adds are too tanky.

I've been trying to make the pursuit dice work but haven't made it past the second boss with them, even after getting +800% to ult damage lmao.

GoodluckJonathan fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Dec 31, 2023

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress me. Game took me nearly to hard pity trying for Blade and gave me loving Bailu. Two 50/50s lost to this character, but at least the first one gave me Bronya. I'm loving done. Limited Destruction characters just don't exist for me. At least I have a guarantee if anyone catches my eye in the future. Probably Sam.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I must've smashed my face against Gold and Gears like ten times before I got an Amber Barrier clear... at Difficulty IV. Just unpleasant to do, little in the way of blessings and upgrades.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Aw dammit, I lost the 50/50 to Yanqing. Not the Ice I wanted.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Extremely funny that there's a dice face that lets you drop and pick up a curio so you can do an infinite money glitch by dropping and picking up the 50% more cash curio over and over again then convert it to damage with the cape.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

i saved and cropped the cards because the art is nice

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Fhqwhgads posted:

Aw dammit, I lost the 50/50 to Yanqing. Not the Ice I wanted.

At least yours is the same element?

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

March 7th the only 4* amongst all those cards. Foreshadowing a March 7th Super Form to come during the next planet? :tinfoil:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I can't believe they snubbed Welt like that

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

YoshiOfYellow posted:

March 7th the only 4* amongst all those cards. Foreshadowing a March 7th Super Form to come during the next planet? :tinfoil:

Well, Black Swan is from the garden of recollection, so there could be stuff about March's memories.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Let's hope so. Daniel getting a new form was pretty cool, March should get one to keep up

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

there is literally no way we don't get a 5* March 7th at some point

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 7 days!)

NeonPunk posted:

To me Erudition is the cheat code in Gears n gold. It turns my Argenti ult button into 'battle over' button.

don't understand the 'Brain in Vat' charge, just that somehow my ultimate's energy refills up right again sometimes

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Excelzior posted:

there is literally no way we don't get a 5* March 7th at some point
she's probably an emanator of Fuli, so yeah

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

GateOfD posted:

don't understand the 'Brain in Vat' charge, just that somehow my ultimate's energy refills up right again sometimes

The Brain in a Jar blessings tell you how they charge the brain

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

So, for those who build Sampo as a dps, does he care about crit at all? Can his e4 even crit? I'm not sure if I want to go back to maining Dan Heng.

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

Sampo basically does not care about crit at all

Kafka's got her follow-up attacks and a decent hit in the Ultimate, so Critka can work since she does not need *that* much EHR

Sampo's multipliers on his skill and ultimate are pathetic, it's just a bunch of chances to proc his talent and stack the wind DoT - and he needs a decent amount of EHR to guarantee said stacks, so there's really no room in his gear for Crit values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excelzior
Jun 24, 2013

i'm sure you *could* farm relics to get Sampo's crit to be decent

but then his DoTs suck and you end up with a shittier Dan Heng that doesn't work with Kafka