Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: skooma512)

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Smythe posted:

i have a bong. a small bong. about one foot tall, narrow chamber. plain glass - no color change. thats how i like it. very rarely i will go to the weed store, it's just up the street. there is an armed guard. he checks my id. i have to take it out to show him. then, my id is passed to some sort of counter inside. the weed store is nice, sterile - like an apple store built with the blood of latin american famers instead of congolese cobalt miners. there an attractive woman with neck tatoos buzzes me in. now i have to pick the weed. theyre all too strong for me. i'd like a simple weed. i can ask "do you have lovely weed full of stems of which i can "rope" a whole bowl to my "dome" without dying? and they say sure, try this - it's Coconut Vanilla High Orbit Indica Mellow Haze. to me is sounds like an oregonian IPA had sex with the skin care aisle at cvs. its too strong, i smoke it once and give the rest away. what ever happened to dirt weed? who's smoking this stuff? oh, i know, its all the annoying people at the weed store. no thanks

written in a bad attempt at andy rooney candor

you sound even more boring than i am

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Paradoxish posted:

Americans are strongly encouraged to redline their finances (and then feel bad about it by rear end in a top hat pop "financial advisors") so very rapid inflation is going to gently caress pretty much everyone. You have to be either very rich or living well below what's expected for your income level to not be affected at least a little bit by the last few years.

We’ve owned one car since 2011 and we’ve had family and friends and one boss tell us we live like poor people or we’re embarrassing because of it

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

skooma512 posted:

The best part about legal weed is just going to an established place with regular hours and buying over the counter for a predictable amount of money from a bored Latina who wants you to get the gently caress out her face asap.

You don’t have to know “a guy” who randomly has whatever or nothing at all, meets you in random sketch places, or worse. his pad, and then you gotta chill with him and listen to his bullshit.

for an authentic experience, the shopkeepers should force you to watch them play Call of Duty for 45 minutes before agreeing to sell anything to you

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Smythe posted:

i have a bong. a small bong. about one foot tall, narrow chamber. plain glass - no color change. thats how i like it. very rarely i will go to the weed store, it's just up the street. there is an armed guard. he checks my id. i have to take it out to show him. then, my id is passed to some sort of counter inside. the weed store is nice, sterile - like an apple store built with the blood of latin american famers instead of congolese cobalt miners. there an attractive woman with neck tatoos buzzes me in. now i have to pick the weed. theyre all too strong for me. i'd like a simple weed. i can ask "do you have lovely weed full of stems of which i can "rope" a whole bowl to my "dome" without dying? and they say sure, try this - it's Coconut Vanilla High Orbit Indica Mellow Haze. to me is sounds like an oregonian IPA had sex with the skin care aisle at cvs. its too strong, i smoke it once and give the rest away. what ever happened to dirt weed? who's smoking this stuff? oh, i know, its all the annoying people at the weed store. no thanks

i text a number and a weed courier comes over within 30 mins

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

We’ve owned one car since 2011 and we’ve had family and friends and one boss tell us we live like poor people or we’re embarrassing because of it

Sorry that your drive to impress your lovely family made you buy two houses

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

goons tell you that you are embarrassing long before they see your car

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Vox Nihili posted:

So it's like beer. The regular hipsters love fancy single hop IPAs and bespoke, curated cannabis strains but the ultimate hipsters just go for PBR and brick weed.

yea thats right

Apr 7, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

goons tell you that you are embarrassing long before they see your car

Goons are incredibly stupid and I don’t worry much about them

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

thats called slavery and ill have no part

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shifty Nipples posted:

you sound even more boring than i am

im old. so are you. rear end in a top hat!!

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

tell your family to gift you their respectable car when they buy a new one.

Apr 7, 2003

Real hurthling! posted:

tell your family to gift you their respectable car when they buy a new one.

That’s a good idea

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

That’s a good idea

you are welcome.

Apr 7, 2003

My wife’s parents have bought seven cars in the same time we’ve bought two

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

you are failing shareholders

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

yeah so now you can start mentioning how unsafe you feel in your old car with all these big modern cars blinding you at night when they start shopping again so they feel obliged to help

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Smythe posted:

have to deal with annoying stoners all day. pass

what about all the hot weed moms

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

what about all the hot weed moms

weeds ftw

time for a origin story rebootquel

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Real hurthling! posted:

i order through a website and a gig worker drops it off at my door

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Smythe posted:

it’s best to read this in the style of a theatrical monologue

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

that’s so weird…I distinctly remember you posting about your new subaru forester before you were posting about your house

you posted screenshots and wrote about how happy it made you knowing that every time you sat in it your face got scanned or something. it’s that sort of lovely green brown color

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

'

so many crackers, for less than $2. a magical land of plenty

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Yet you yourself are a goon. Interesting.

Crazyweasel
Oct 29, 2006
lazy

My BIL is like this - his car, his wife’s car, then his “recent” fun car - basically averages 1 flip per year between the three of them. Since we post in this thread then by default our minds are incapable of understanding the level of consumerism dependency exists within these people, that their lower middle class thrills come from five-figure purchases on 60+ month loans.

good guy, but poo poo’s wild

Crazyweasel has issued a correction as of 01:50 on Dec 31, 2023

Beached Whale
Jun 27, 2009

The world as will and idea

Crazyweasel posted:

My BIL is like this - his car, his wife’s car, then his “recent” fun car - basically averages 1 flip per year between the three of them. Since we post in this thread then by default our minds are incapable of understanding the level of consumerism dependency exists within these people, that their lower middle class thrills come from five-figure purchases on 60+ month loans.

Shits wild

This but for phones. It doesn't even feel like there's a difference between the model updates anymore, all the advertising for the new iPhone is about how it's made of titanium. Who gives a poo poo when you're putting that thing in a case anyways so the screen doesn't crack. Yet I know tons of people who need their Apple fix every year

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

skooma512 posted:

the place I went to today, my usual spot, hasn’t had power for two weeks and it’s never see anybody working there more than once, and nobody will say poo poo as to why they’re selling weed in a storefront with no electricity. So there’s still room for weed adventures.

Some kind of weed ghosts

Griz
May 21, 2001

i am harry posted:

that’s so weird…I distinctly remember you posting about your new subaru forester before you were posting about your house

you posted screenshots and wrote about how happy it made you knowing that every time you sat in it your face got scanned or something. it’s that sort of lovely green brown color

my parents just got a new forester to replace some 22 year old honda thing and it's that same ugly greenish brown

e: current year forester colors

Griz has issued a correction as of 02:02 on Dec 31, 2023

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Beached Whale posted:

This but for phones. It doesn't even feel like there's a difference between the model updates anymore, all the advertising for the new iPhone is about how it's made of titanium. Who gives a poo poo when you're putting that thing in a case anyways so the screen doesn't crack. Yet I know tons of people who need their Apple fix every year

I’m literally ten models behind the most recent phone of the make I use, and there isn’t not just a single thing that my phone can’t do that someone else’s can, my phone can sometimes outright do it better.

Apr 7, 2003

i am harry posted:

I have literally never owned a Subaru Forester

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007

Griz posted:

my parents just got a new forester to replace some 22 year old honda thing and it's that same ugly greenish brown

e: current year forester colors

2 shades of white?

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

Our small town weed store is perpetually understaffed so weed wanters have to sit together in a little lobby waiting to be called. It's always a wide swath of society, from the toothless to the well-heeled, old grandpa farmers or their grandma wives. All sitting quietly, no bother in the world, as racially diverse and polite as can be. A microcosm of what might be a pleasant society if everyone else would just gently caress off. And you can get weed there so that's a plus.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Smythe posted:

im old. so are you. rear end in a top hat!!

i also have a short clear straight tube bong lol

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

RadiRoot posted:

2 shades of white?

One is creme, and the other is cream

HazCat
May 4, 2009

galagazombie posted:

I’m literally ten models behind the most recent phone of the make I use, and there isn’t not just a single thing that my phone can’t do that someone else’s can, my phone can sometimes outright do it better.

I have a S21 FE I bought when they went on steep discount at my store, but I haven't even opened it yet because I'm still waiting for my S7 Edge to die or become unusable.

So far the only app that has stopped being supported for the S7 is the telecom app used to top up the prepaid SIM, but I can do that online so :shrug:

Kevin DuBrow
Apr 21, 2012

The uruk-hai defender has logged on.

Smythe posted:

the weed store is nice, sterile - like an apple store built with the blood of latin american famers instead of congolese cobalt miners.

My dispensary's weed is grown in urban/suburban settings by professionals. I would think that black market weed would be more likely to have been smuggled from latin america.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

ethically sourced weed

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Shifty Nipples posted:

i also have a short clear straight tube bong lol

thats whats up

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

galagazombie posted:

That's been me for a while but my son broke my case, and then my phone took its first drop to the pavement while it was caseless, so now I'm living with a cracked screen. Maybe I'll upgrade to a new phone only 5 models back now.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Kevin DuBrow posted:

My dispensary's weed is grown in urban/suburban settings by professionals. I would think that black market weed would be more likely to have been smuggled from latin america.

lol, nope. it's also made my local ops. maybe gang run, maybe grow ops that don't want to deal with taxes or overhead, but still local

who the gently caress is still buying brick weed in 2023?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Drug material economics are fun. Was a discussion recently about why cocaine in Australia is so poo poo and usually barely any actual cocaine. We got more meth than we know what to do with, though.