Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: PoundSand)

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
happy 4th anniversary of the first official recognition of Covid

https://x.com/bnofeed/status/1741172810561507353?s=46

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
awaiting takeoff and god bless this aura and glasses. barely any masks. someone in first is using 2 for some reason…

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

sonatinas posted:

awaiting takeoff and god bless this aura and glasses. barely any masks. someone in first is using 2 for some reason…

the rich know it's dangerous and they understand how to protect themselves, but they're also incredibly stupid people

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

sonatinas posted:

For the TSA groaning.

Rescue Toaster
Mar 13, 2003

Platystemon posted:

When did she decide that CR boxes were cool & good?

Last I recall, she was threatening to contact her critics’ kids’ schools and express concerns that CR boxes were emitting microplastics.

Yeah I think that was when someone suggested not blasting yourself and random passerby in the face & eyes constantly with "222nm UV" from lamps manufactured in China that you had no way of testing or verifying the proper operation.

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Pingui posted:

For the TSA groaning.

SixteenShells
Sep 30, 2021
4-10 hour waits at area clinics and ERs apparently, all covid

go for a stroll
Sep 10, 2003

you'll never make it out alive

Pillbug

Dren posted:

Let’s not forget that the tweet Jim Rosenthal originally quote-tweeted to ask for a donation was this one

https://x.com/nukittobesure/status/1740909228091687009?s=46&t=f1MRhF2xe8gNhr6WGxk_NA

Where Naomi openly discusses using the CR-Box name to drive search traffic and help her business. Seems reasonable to get a donation for that given they have the trademark and she’s using their name to bring business to her site.

Ok so she's not confused about different kinds of IP, she's just mad trademarks are there to stop this specific behavior.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

NeonPunk posted:

Just did! I'm in Texas so maybe they don't really care that much. I got Moderna at the end of September at CVS and just got the moth juice just now at Costco.

The shot felt totally different from the mRna shot. Like the mRna felt absolutely nothing but later get a bit sore at the injection but with Novavax right after they gave me the shot my injection site immediately felt so weird and off, I could felt it flowing through my arm and I felt a bit off, but 30 seconds later feeling nothing at all in my arm at all. Doesn't even feel sore

Did you have to pay for it? I already got an mRNA xbb when they came out.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Rescue Toaster posted:

Yeah I think that was when someone suggested not blasting yourself and random passerby in the face & eyes constantly with "222nm UV" from lamps manufactured in China that you had no way of testing or verifying the proper operation.

That's the way of the bored ape

Raskolnikov2089
Nov 3, 2006

Schizzy to the matic

Mumbling posted:

Was Naomi Wu a thread favorite at one point? It’s getting hard to remember all these characters in the Covid discourse.

That’s the problem with COVID. You either return to brunch a hero, or mask up long enough to become the villain.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Steve Yun posted:

happy 4th anniversary of the first official recognition of Covid

https://x.com/bnofeed/status/1741172810561507353?s=46
By 4 years old, your child should be able to speak in complete sentences, answer simple questions, and have back-and-forth conversations, says Eric Ball, MD, a pediatrician at Providence Mission Hospital in Orange County, California.2 “Almost all of what they say should be intelligible to a stranger,” Dr. Ball advises.

Additionally, your child should be able to follow multi-step commands with three or more steps, says Dr. Ball.2 For example, after being given instructions, your 4-year-old should be able to pick up a toy from the floor, put it away in a toy basket, and then come back to sit on your lap to read a book.

Your child’s cognitive skills are developing quickly at this age too, says Brittany Ferri, PhD, OTR/L, CPRP, an occupational therapist. “Kids at this age should be able to count, identify colors, shapes, numbers, and letters, as well as use pronouns appropriately,” she says.1 They should also be able to draw a person with at least three body parts.3

At 4 years old, children are inquisitive and love to digest new information. You’ll be amazed at how much your child can comprehend. If you tell or read them a story, they should be able to recall large parts of it.1 Not only that, but 4-year-olds are great at making up their own stories. Their imaginations are really taking off at this age.2

"Four-year-olds can understand most of what is going on in the world,” says Dr. Ball. “They are learning the difference between 'real' and 'pretend' and they often are developing vivid imaginations (think fairy tales and monsters).”

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

SixteenShells posted:

I’m seeing 40 minutes at the local medical centers

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

dxt posted:

Did you have to pay for it? I already got an mRNA xbb when they came out.

Well the pharmacist didn't said that my insurance declined it when I was there and I didn't had to pay for mine or my parents (they have Medicare) but who know if I'll get a suprise bill later in the mail. I think it's going to rely on what insurance coverage your employer covers.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

SixteenShells posted:

Haven't even hit the NY Eve super spreader events yet.

Just enough time between Christmas and NY Eve to get another round or two of spreading before everybody starts huffing each other's fumes again.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/aclevernickname/status/1741175738001248332?s=46

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/yash25571056/status/1741251130175435220?s=46

obviously they have alcohol debt

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

that’s what they get for not joining that frat in college

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
https://x.com/laurenancona/status/1741252314684682422?s=46

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
incredible interview from a year and a half ago

https://x.com/joaquinlife/status/1741110679099318347?s=46

“I got forgetful and confused sometimes now, are you saying I have brain damage?”

“ummmm”

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/CliffMaloneyJr/status/1740438505929499103

This guy’s an idiot, but there’s a more consistent through line to his logic here than there is to the rhetoric of many supposed agents of public health.

smh

It’s tragic that Paxlovid or dogs or dogs on Paxlovid destroyed these folks’ livers.

Platystemon has issued a correction as of 03:23 on Dec 31, 2023

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

OTC flu testing? You loving monster why do you hate bidens great economy (no calling out sick!)

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
In the Land of the Free, you can get home lateral flow tests for HIV, but not for the flu.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
The COVID dataset is now 135 broken rear end lines of data instead of 109 from last year.

"INPATIENT BEDS USED COVID" = 15,198
*Noting that MA, WV, NM, and Ameican Samos reported blanks in this data.

These Four Columns Exist- but the above states also reported blanks in the last column
previous_day_admission_adult_covid_confirmed
previous_day_admission_adult_covid_suspected
previous_day_admission_pediatric_covid_confirmed
previous_day_admission_pediatric_covid_suspected

This total is 6,577

staffed_icu_adult_patients_confirmed_covid - This totals 2,707

staffed_icu_adult_patients_confirmed_and_suspected_covid - This totals 2,098 as its missing NM/MA/WV data all all the states differ.

The total of the below 4 lines used to equal or be close to "INPATIENT BED USED COVID" from above.

total_adult_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_and_suspected_covid = 14,523
total_adult_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_covid =21,328
total_pediatric_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_and_suspected_covid = 914
total_pediatric_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_covid =850

What the gently caress?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SixteenShells posted:

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

Zugzwang posted:

Has anyone in the states successfully gotten Novavax after getting an mRNA booster in the fall? I got Moderna'd around Oct 1.
To be clear, you’re supposed to wait 2 months after your most recent vax, so if you got denied earlier in the fall, that was why. You should be good to get one now

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.

Pillowpants posted:

The COVID dataset is now 135 broken rear end lines of data instead of 109 from last year.

"INPATIENT BEDS USED COVID" = 15,198
*Noting that MA, WV, NM, and Ameican Samos reported blanks in this data.

These Four Columns Exist- but the above states also reported blanks in the last column
previous_day_admission_adult_covid_confirmed
previous_day_admission_adult_covid_suspected
previous_day_admission_pediatric_covid_confirmed
previous_day_admission_pediatric_covid_suspected

This total is 6,577

staffed_icu_adult_patients_confirmed_covid - This totals 2,707

staffed_icu_adult_patients_confirmed_and_suspected_covid - This totals 2,098 as its missing NM/MA/WV data all all the states differ.

The total of the below 4 lines used to equal or be close to "INPATIENT BED USED COVID" from above.

total_adult_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_and_suspected_covid = 14,523
total_adult_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_covid =21,328
total_pediatric_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_and_suspected_covid = 914
total_pediatric_patients_hospitalized_confirmed_covid =850

What the gently caress?

Which page are you getting this download from? There might be a RAW version of it. I find those are more reliable for what I pull with the WA updates.

Zantie
Mar 30, 2003

Death. The capricious dance of Now You Stop Moving Forever.
Do you mean this one? https://healthdata.gov/Hospital/COVID-19-Reported-Patient-Impact-and-Hospital-Capa/g62h-syeh/about_data

I was looking for something that had 135 rows but I realize now you might've meant 135 columns.

[Edit]

https://healthdata.gov/Hospital/COVID-19-Reported-Patient-Impact-and-Hospital-Capa/uqq2-txqb/about_data

Some of the blanks you pointed out with those states show up as blank in here too, and it lists the individual hospitals that go into that other report.

Looking back through my version histories of both of those and it looks like those states are just blank for those sections and have been for at least a month.

I just never noticed cause I focus on one state.

Zantie has issued a correction as of 06:00 on Dec 31, 2023

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!
Got yelled at for wearing a mask for the first time today; I was on my way to the grocery store, a six minute walk from my apartment, and some guy coming the other way stars screaming at me, calls me a retard, asked if I was going to keep wearing it for the rest of my life, said the pandemic was over. He seemed really pissed off, honestly thought he was going to attack me. He looked like a libertarian if you know what I mean, you know the type.

Hellequin has issued a correction as of 08:21 on Dec 31, 2023

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

lol, I like how it’s moved back some, but still totally promise kept

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/?ruling=true

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

WrasslorMonkey posted:

lol, I like how it’s moved back some, but still totally promise kept

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/?ruling=true

It’s still hard right on the main page.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/biden-promise-tracker/promise/1517/get-covid-19-under-control/ posted:

There has been no major new variant since omicron emerged in late 2021, and even the most recent omicron sub-variant to emerge, BA.5, has had a long run as the dominant strain in the U.S., prevailing since early July.

This doesn't mean that a more dangerous new strain couldn't emerge. However, public health experts take comfort from recent patterns. The trend during most of 2022 suggests that a rapid succession of ever-more-confounding — and vaccine-evading — variants is not inevitable. If a major new variant does emerge, mRNA vaccines like those made by Moderna and Pfizer can be updated fairly easily to fight it.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Zantie posted:

Do you mean this one? https://healthdata.gov/Hospital/COVID-19-Reported-Patient-Impact-and-Hospital-Capa/g62h-syeh/about_data

I was looking for something that had 135 rows but I realize now you might've meant 135 columns.

[Edit]

https://healthdata.gov/Hospital/COVID-19-Reported-Patient-Impact-and-Hospital-Capa/uqq2-txqb/about_data

Some of the blanks you pointed out with those states show up as blank in here too, and it lists the individual hospitals that go into that other report.

Looking back through my version histories of both of those and it looks like those states are just blank for those sections and have been for at least a month.

I just never noticed cause I focus on one state.

yeah MA - the Mecca of health care in the US stopped reporting this summer.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?
The idea of testing for the flu is adorable. Like, what're you gonna do with that information? If it's negative, you go to work. If it's positive, you go to work.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004

Hellequin posted:

Got yelled at for wearing a mask for the first time today; I was on my to the grocery store, a six minute walk from my apartment, and some guy coming the other way stars screaming at me, calls me a retard, asked if I was going to keep wearing it for the rest of my life, said the pandemic was over. He seemed really pissed off, honestly thought he was going to attack me. He looked like a libertarian if you know what I mean, you know the type.

That sucks so much, I'm sorry you went through that. Stay strong!

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Paradoxish posted:

The idea of testing for the flu is adorable. Like, what're you gonna do with that information? If it's negative, you go to work. If it's positive, you go to work.

In hindsight, we all should have seen the covid unresponse coming given how influenza was so brutally normalized as being just a minor head cold (when it was previously the deadliest infectious disease year after year). I knew the covid vaccines were going to be hosed up after years of witnessing health care workers fight the government 2G tracking juice, it just gives you the flu, my freedoms and bodily autonomy (ban gays and abortion, deus vult!)

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Hellequin posted:

Got yelled at for wearing a mask for the first time today; I was on my to the grocery store, a six minute walk from my apartment, and some guy coming the other way stars screaming at me, calls me a retard, asked if I was going to keep wearing it for the rest of my life, said the pandemic was over. He seemed really pissed off, honestly thought he was going to attack me. He looked like a libertarian if you know what I mean, you know the type.

Unrelated- do any AusGoons know if Australia's gotten the updated Novavax?

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Hellequin posted:

I actually had my first encounters with people who even acknowledged it. Not a peep until about two weeks ago, I was at the grocery store and one of the stockboys decided to be a wag and tell me a couple of COVID jokes, one being about how you could tell masks were useless because you can smell a fart through one, and I forget the other but it was equally a knee-slapper designed to try to make me feel foolish for masking. If dude had been about 10% more of a dickhead about it I was just going to just say my (imaginary) wife died of COVID and I had to promise my (imaginary) six-year-old I'd try to be safe for her when I went out so she wouldn't be left alone in the world and see if I could get the guy's brain to vapor-lock.

Two days later, in a different grocery store, an older woman in a mask noted that I was the only other person masked up. I nodded. "But I'm masked up because I'm 70," she said. "I'm not 70, but I still don't want COVID," I replied. She thought about it a sec and nodded and went on her way.

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Asproigerosis posted:

In hindsight, we all should have seen the covid unresponse coming given how influenza was so brutally normalized as being just a minor head cold (when it was previously the deadliest infectious disease year after year). I knew the covid vaccines were going to be hosed up after years of witnessing health care workers fight the government 2G tracking juice, it just gives you the flu, my freedoms and bodily autonomy (ban gays and abortion, deus vult!)

Normalizing a deadly disease by saying "it's just [different deadly disease]" was a bit of a warning sign tbh

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
welp, spouse woke up with a high fever and just tested clearly positive for COVID, which means it's only a matter of time before I catch up to her

time for round two - at least it's been more than eight months since (and ~three months since getting boosted)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DickParasite
Dec 2, 2004

Slippery Tilde

gradenko_2000 posted:

welp, spouse woke up with a high fever and just tested clearly positive for COVID, which means it's only a matter of time before I catch up to her

time for round two - at least it's been more than eight months since (and ~three months since getting boosted)

good luck bud