Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: OwlFancier)

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting
Britain rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.

You're drunk.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Minimal fireworks tonight, dog managed to sit with me on the sofa without freaking out too much (beyond some mild quivering)

Can't ask for much more, happy New year goons

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Happy New Year yis cunts yis!

Honestly for me personally that was the best year I've had in several, but here's to a better year for all!

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Happy New Year friends.

Szmitten
Apr 26, 2008

smellmycheese posted:

Looking forward to a Rickroll to see in 2024

That is exactly what they did.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

MODS?!?

escapegoat
Aug 18, 2013
Now he's playing drums and singing AC/DC

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Happy arbitrary date change thingy, and here's hoping the next cycle is an improvement over the last

2023 was a poo poo vintage. I'm glad it's finally over :toot:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Happy New Years lads ladettes and theylads, for a shithole country you produce some high quality posters

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
lmao this loving guy

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Happy New Year everyone. I was watching Buckaroo Banzai as it was set to fall off Prime at midnight. Christ, that is a poo poo movie with the most amazing cast.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
My first political lol of the year https://twitter.com/DUPleader/status/1741609335321485627?t=BABNOM0wQjlvSMqxnH8nAw&s=19

E: fake account but my brief lol was real

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Pistol_Pete posted:

A Jacobean-style drama about a bunch of vile, power-hungry psychos feuding and backstabbing each other would be great, but we're never going to get it.

Did you never see House of Cards? (UK version, dunno how well the US remake did it.)

Though OK, Urquhart was just one vile, power-hungry psycho.

Happy New Year, y'all! The fireworks seem to have mostly stopped now, so I'm going to try for sleep.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino posted:

Happy arbitrary date change thingy, and here's hoping the next cycle is an improvement over the last

2023 was a poo poo vintage. I'm glad it's finally over :toot:

Big up to you mate. I know you’ve had a bit of poo poo this year but you still remain one of the internets spiciest bong ripping shitposters

Trin Tragula
Apr 22, 2005

Runcible Cat posted:

House of Cards? (UK version, dunno how well the US remake did it.)

The US show was a competent political thriller, possibly even a good one, but it really wasn't House of Cards at all.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1212679425629859840?t=IyTzhtYVLNPQvMqwWFZooA&s=19

Happy New Year all!

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Happy new year to all you cunts left back in the old country. Sorry about, you know, everything.

Also 'Chants of Sennaar' is really loving good, have a go at that. Love ya!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Runcible Cat posted:

Did you never see House of Cards? (UK version, dunno how well the US remake did it.)

Though OK, Urquhart was just one vile, power-hungry psycho.

Happy New Year, y'all! The fireworks seem to have mostly stopped now, so I'm going to try for sleep.

We'd kill for a Francis Urquhart style competent psychopath these days. Instead it's just James Cleverly

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

2024 had barely begun and the thread is handing it to Thatcher

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

AI still can't do hands properly.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

smellmycheese posted:

2024 had barely begun and the thread is handing it to Thatcher

Thatcher didn't murder a journalist, she's nothing good going for her thank you

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Hap nyer, our estate seem to have set all the fireworks off at once which scared the bejesus out of the dog, and then nothing.

Albinator
Mar 31, 2010

I’ll never get used to Americans saying happy new year before the big roll over, it feels like it’s bad luck. Anyway, now we’re all safely past twelve, lang may yer lums reek. Aa the best fir the new year!

killerwhat
May 13, 2010

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Give Undead Unluck a try, it starts crazy then just absolutely goes places.

Also come join the One Piece thread, every week we're just hooting and hollering about how Oda's done it again.

Thanks I will check it out!

I prefer to binge One Piece when each story arc is finished. In fact I just today finished a few weeks of watching the entire Land of Wano arc. Time very well spent.

Happy new year goons

Scientastic
Mar 1, 2010

TRULY scientastic.
🔬🍒

Happy new year goons, I started 2024 gently cooing to the chickens to calm them down as my dickhead neighbours set off a load of bangers

I don’t like fireworks anyway, but the ones that don’t have cool lights and colours seem especially pointless

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

I got back from the Christmas work in Reading yesterday exhausted. What a traumatic experience it was, if something could go wrong it did go wrong. People no showed, equipment wasn't delivered, some of it broke down. A train broke down in the middle of the site adding hours to each train movement in and out of site. Welds failed, rail and sleepers were damaged. To top it all off some poor soul committed suicide five minutes from where we were working, I earnestly hope that mental health care in this country gets better in 2024.

Anyway, happy new year to you all.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
Happy new year goons, may this year be an improvement on the last for you personally whoever you may be

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lang may yer bum leak.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Pistol_Pete posted:

A Jacobean-style drama about a bunch of vile, power-hungry psychos feuding and backstabbing each other would be great, but we're never going to get it.

We get this every time the tories VONC

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

2024 kicking off in style with a Tsunami I see

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Azza Bamboo posted:

We get this every time the tories VONC

Really hoping for at least one more VONCday before the GE

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

forkboy84 posted:

Thatcher didn't murder a journalist, she's nothing good going for her thank you

So we're handing it to Mohammed bin Salman instead?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
Mohammed bone sawed-a-man

domhal
Dec 30, 2008

0.000% of Communism has been built. Evil child-murdering billionaires still rule the world with a shit-eating grin. All he has managed to do is make himself *sad*. It has, however, made him into a very, very smart boy with something like a university degree in Truth. Instead of building Communism, he now builds a precise model of this grotesque, duplicitous world.
The West Wing - in which a notable educational achievement of the administration was a pilot program to provide 100 additional teachers - is far too ambitious for the UK at the moment.

Presumably, what Moffat likes about the West Wing is how everyone is witty and Bartlett smacks down all comers with his towering rhetoric, especially slobs like Ritchie, and that the UK would be much better with people like that in Westminster and on Question Time.

While I do enjoy the West Wing as a TV drama, there is nothing aspirational about it and making it will affect nothing (unless it does casting like Star Trek: Voyager).

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Moffat being a huge mysoginist and obsessed with writing men who think they're gods would be a good fit for a drama set in Westminster.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

A new year and an exciting new job for Tony as Head of Ethnic Cleansing

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

domhal posted:

While I do enjoy the West Wing as a TV drama, there is nothing aspirational about it and making it will affect nothing (unless it does casting like Star Trek: Voyager).

Starmer is the Neelix of politics, I agree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

domhal posted:

(unless it does casting like Star Trek: Voyager).

Theresa May as a sexy borg escapee?