Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i won part one anyway by a point lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Going to lose a ship to someone who started Mostart unless Jefferson and Cam Bynum combine for 51 points. Not impossible, but will be tough

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
My opponent grabbed the Broncos D that I dropped so I could roll with the Raiders and have the Rams on the bench. Got it wrong and there's a chance that contributes to my loss.

Need zeros from his Reed and Kraft and points from Jones and Chandler. A Vikings win would be nice too.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

it's over! I am this year's champion of our own SA 20-team league!

I'd like to thank the Lamb and the HOU D/ST for balling out in consecutive weeks, and thank Purdy and LaPorta for vastly outplaying their draft positions of rounds 7/8.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

I guess insult to injury that I faced Sanders last week and Butker this week. Back to back 20+ points from my opponent’s kickers. I love fantasy.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Won my league against the CMC owner in the finals.

A bit bittersweet since i had some regrets taking JJ 1st overall instead of CMC for most of the year. Thank you Michael Pittman and week 16 Amari Cooper.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy
Well, picking up Mixon for Mostert was a good move, but keeping diggs was a bad one and his Davante Adams sealed the deal. Still can get third in other league if JJ gets at least 15.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Feels good

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

pmchem posted:

I'd like to thank the Lamb and the HOU D/ST for balling out in consecutive weeks, and thank Purdy and LaPorta for vastly outplaying their draft positions of rounds 7/8.

Well deserved. Congratulations!

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

pmchem posted:

enjoy it while it lasts :twisted:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

pmchem posted:

20-team League is absolute hell every year and I love it. Congrats again!

THIS_IS_FINE
May 21, 2001

Slippery Tilde
I won my ship. Thanks goons

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
Lost my Championship, lost both 3rd place matches i was in...and there wasn't a thing I could've done differently, so no ragrets. Thanks for the insights this year everyone.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Won both 3rd place matches :woop:

Floofy
Jan 17, 2004
I won my third place and 9th place consolation (16 team dynasty) today. I’m happy with the 9th because it’s the third straight season of improvement (14th, 12th, 9th).

Thanks to the goons who gave me the advice on who to keep and who to trade when I got both Kyren Williams and Jerome Ford off waivers in week 2 or whenever it was when Chubb went down. Those three TD’s today by Williams got me my third place in that league.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

The Love TD pass sealed it. Champs. Fun season. I was cordial to my lovely commish. Thanked him for the league invite, wished him a happy new year, sent him my Venmo. When the money is there I’ll block him, LOL.

Will look for a goon league next year, I assume July/August is when things start up around here?

Congrats to everyone else that won as well!

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I needed to be +6 with Jones and Chandler over Reed and Kraft. Not going well. Half PPR is going to kill me.

DMCrimson
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Placed second in a SA forum league and third in a work league. This has easily been the most successful fantasy year I’ve ever had.

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

Sam Howell scoring the mark of the beast on my bench was a good consolation prize for losing the final today. Thankfully having no kicker and sitting Conner didn't matter at all, thanks to Lockett and Kelce no-showing. Fantasy football has been fun, glad I signed up and look forward to next season.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

KingKapalone posted:

I needed to be +6 with Jones and Chandler over Reed and Kraft. Not going well. Half PPR is going to kill me.

Sorry dude. Reed is killing it tonight. Hell, if he somehow gets 20 more points I’ll actually get 3rd place.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I feel like it has been a worthwhile strategy to bomb the first week so you can get the top free agents that end up as league winners. I have not done that intentionally, but it always seems to end up as a happy accident where I wonder if it is actually worth doing intentionally. Elijah Mitchell in 2021, Puka Nacua and Kyren Williams this year, others I forget because they ended up on someone else's roster.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Jan 1, 2024

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Pain of Mind posted:

I feel like it has been a worthwhile strategy to bomb the first week so you can get the top free agents that end up as league winners. I have not done that intentionally, but it always seems to end up as a happy accident where I wonder if it is actually worth doing intentionally. Elijah Mitchell in 2021, Puka Nucua and Kyren Williams this year, others I forget because they ended up on someone else's roster.

A better strategy is to play in leagues with FAAB so everyone has a chance at the top free agents

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

Oh man in my office league I was #2 and another guy was #1. He was such an rear end in a top hat too the whole year. Just bragging and talking poo poo to everyone. He kept talking about how he was gonna get a trophy for whoever was #1 (obviously envisioning himself) to keep on their desk. He got super aggro in the league chat a couple times too. Everyone was always rooting against him.

Well I smoked him in the championship today. So with some of my winnings I decided to get him a little something because I felt bad. His very own 2nd place trophy:

With a custom name plate:

So he doesn't have to give up on his trophy dream :3:

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Went 2-0 in chips this year I should retire on top

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

vaginite posted:

Oh man in my office league I was #2 and another guy was #1. He was such an rear end in a top hat too the whole year. Just bragging and talking poo poo to everyone. He kept talking about how he was gonna get a trophy for whoever was #1 (obviously envisioning himself) to keep on their desk. He got super aggro in the league chat a couple times too. Everyone was always rooting against him.

Well I smoked him in the championship today. So with some of my winnings I decided to get him a little something because I felt bad. His very own 2nd place trophy:

With a custom name plate:

So he doesn't have to give up on his trophy dream :3:

Lmfao this is so petty, and I love it

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Holy poo poo I won my home keeper league :catstare:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Hot drat, today was pretty much a perfect day.

1. Saints whipped the crap out of the Bucs.

2. I won my big money league for my third championship in five years.

3. I won my Best Ball league for the first time ever.

4. I won the first ever Blue Shell league, surviving NINE freakin' blue shells throughout the year :).

Six semis, 3 finals, 3 Super Bowl championships.

Today is a pretty drat perfect day. Happy New Year everyone!!!

Master Stur
Jun 13, 2008

chasin' tail
Travis Etienne Jr may not have been the 1st ova rb in points but putting up 25 this week and being 4th ova in .5 ppr has him as my personal MVP

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I won 7th place

:negative:

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Won Beer League consolation prize what what! :guinness:

Came within 4 points of winning dynasty this year. Thanks for trying, Jayden Reed! I guess two 2nd place finishes in a row ain't bad.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Skipping over a million posts including a bunch that are undoubtedly quoting me making GBS threads on Davante Adams

I loving WON!!!! It was the toilet bowl championship to determine who has a year of horrible punishments. And it’s not me baby! My opponent has been trash talking me for a month. This was the 28-3 of not being last place.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I’m sorry Davante. I didn’t understand your grand plan.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Literally me tonight https://youtu.be/o0wpTCS6zh4?si=VUv13EzloVb7EloM

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Quiet Feet posted:

Won Beer League consolation prize what what! :guinness:

Came within 4 points of winning dynasty this year. Thanks for trying, Jayden Reed! I guess two 2nd place finishes in a row ain't bad.

I was blissfully making NYE jambalaya when Quiet Feet almost beat me.

And I won in 2 of my other 3 finals. The last one the guy had Hall/CeeDee/Ford so it was over before I had one dude play.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

This was my roster when I started:

This was when it ended:

I'm surprised I managed to win despite losing all of my top 5 picks for good or for stretches of 3+ games but I really lucked out with Puka and Kyren.
Also kinda funny that I dropped both Geno and Likely after week 1 but ended up picking them up for the last week.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
I limped into the playoffs and won a chip because my opponent got too cute on waivers and dropped Achane for Zamir White on Christmas morning lol

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???

Chernabog posted:

This was my roster when I started:

This was when it ended:

I'm surprised I managed to win despite losing all of my top 5 picks for good or for stretches of 3+ games but I really lucked out with Puka and Kyren.
Also kinda funny that I dropped both Geno and Likely after week 1 but ended up picking them up for the last week.

This post is exhibit A in my "draft doesnt matter, waivers do" thesis (exaggeration but its something like 20/80). your entire championship lineup was waivered except JJ and IDP! congrats !

e: just looked at my 2 championship winning rosters
A) 3/10 started players were drafted (lamar, ceedee, pacheco)
B) 3/11 started players were drafted (derrick henry, tee higgins, mike evans :barf: )

Fight Club Sandwich fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Jan 1, 2024

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

I won a title with Chubb, Diggs, MAndrews, and Mike Williams at the top of my draft. Definitely agree that waivers can save you or it can kill you.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
Two 2nd place finishes and a 3rd out in 6 leagues. So close to being a lot better, but still not too shabby.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
A 1st and a 2nd place finish. Overall very pleased.

My 2nd place finish was as the CMC owner and all my drafted WRs died (Higgins, Watson, Mike Williams) and I missed out on the waiver adds early in the year so I was trotting out Diontae Johnson, Jakobi Meyers, and Tee Higgins (all of 4 times) and relied on CMC and my other awesome RBs to carry me. Of course they went back to their home planets during the finals. I expected to get bounced in the first round of the playoffs as my team was the worst 1 seed in existence. Top record and 8/10th on PF. Reminded me of the Vikings last year or the 2019 Packers - record did not reflect the eye test. This is a keeper league and we reset all of our accumulated 4 (!!) keepers and go back to redraft so I’m super excited. I was bummed I couldn’t get it done as the CMC owner…but that leads in to my other league.

My 1st place finish IDP league I lost Chubb as my first round pick but CeeDee, Deebo, Zay Flowers, Mostert (!), Gibbs (!!) absolutely carried me and all my losses were a couple points or even less during the regular season. I bounced the 1st seed, 1st PF CMC owner in the semis and he was salty as hell!

See you all next year, it’s been fun! Thanks all for the advice and support.

Anti-Hero fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Jan 1, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaginite
Feb 8, 2006

I'm comin' for you, colonel.

My wk1 lineup:

QB: J. Fields
RB1: D. Henry
RB2: R. Stevenson
WR1: D. Adams
WR2: D. Moore
TE: C. Kmet
Flex: C. Godwin

My champ winning lineup:
QB: J. Hurts
RB1: Z White
RB2: E. Elliott
WR1: A. St. Brown
WR2: D. Moore
TE: T. Kelce
Flex: M. Pittman

DJ Moore is the only guy I started that I drafted. W/ Achane, Ford and Reed on the bench making my lineup decisions look terrible.

You can absolutely trade/waiver your way out of a lovely draft. Gotta make long term trades to guys who are fixing short term holes.