Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Lord Stimperor posted:

e: also I just sent a Fax online.

I'm assuming you're not posting from a ship on the North Sea, so that's not really impressive, Fax in the less wet parts of Deutschland has been internet-only for years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Remember how I told you my Christmas imploded because mom got covid?

My New Years plans are also coming apart because my best buddy, where we were going to spend tomorrow evening, is now ill in bed with a fever of yet unknown origin as of today.

For the first time in 4 years I took time off between Christmas and New Years and all I got was shat on by the universe for it.

Seriously gently caress this noise.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Libluini posted:

I'm assuming you're not posting from a ship on the North Sea, so that's not really impressive, Fax in the less wet parts of Deutschland has been internet-only for years now.

Well it's also the first Fax I've sent since I was like 7 years old -- I've spent about half my life outside of the homeland now, and I feel my ancestors smiling upon me.

Like this but with a Fax machine in the sky:

Hopper posted:

Remember how I told you my Christmas imploded because mom got covid?

My New Years plans are also coming apart because my best buddy, where we were going to spend tomorrow evening, is now ill in bed with a fever of yet unknown origin as of today.

For the first time in 4 years I took time off between Christmas and New Years and all I got was shat on by the universe for it.

Seriously gently caress this noise.

I was visiting family these days. I'm sick, just a little bit but still. They're sick, and post-operation and can't have any infections. "Why are you wearing a mask?!" But also random respiratory diseases are wildly out of control this season.

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
Wünsche euch ein geiles Silvester, Leute! Die Nachricht kommt von Herzen und ist nicht eine dieser copy and pastes die jedes Jahr aufs Neue wieder an alle weitergeleitet werden! Ihr seid die beste Volleyball Mannschaft, die es gibt. Einen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2015! Eure Simone

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

niethan posted:

Wünsche euch ein geiles Silvester, Leute! Die Nachricht kommt von Herzen und ist nicht eine dieser copy and pastes die jedes Jahr aufs Neue wieder an alle weitergeleitet werden! Ihr seid die beste Volleyball Mannschaft, die es gibt. Einen guten Rutsch ins Jahr 2015! Eure Simone

Gotten so many of these I don't even read them anymore

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
New Year smells kinda funky

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem

Well, sounds like the dude had a happy new year!

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Tarquinn posted:

Well, sounds like the dude had a happy new year!

Every happy end is a happy new beginning

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Imagine calling the Notruf because there's someone touching themselves in the comfort of their home.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Sereri posted:

Imagine calling the Notruf because there's someone touching themselves in the comfort of their home.

Who says that it was his window?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
drat, that poor journalist bombed hard on the Tagesschau tonight. Wonder what was going on.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
lol yeah same, felt really bad for that person. Jens Riewa just going „Danke“ and cutting back to studio was kind of yikes but that’s what it is huh. Looked the person up and the personal website failed to load, possibly overloaded lol

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

They cut it from the Mediathek. Cowards.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Oh, what happened exactly? And are there any clips?

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Torrannor posted:

Oh, what happened exactly? And are there any clips?

From short summaries I gather Hanna Resch panicked internally after saying "Nethanyahus rechtsradikale Regierung", completely lost her train of thought and they ended her segment prematurely as she did not seem to recover from that little blackout.

I just checked the Mediathek and it's not in there, it will pop up eventually, I guess.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Via Bild

quote:

Im Netz ist der Zuspruch für Hanna Resch groß. Fehler passieren, so ein Großteil der User. Allerdings vermuten einige Nutzer, dass die Journalistin, die auf ihrer Homepage einen Besuch in „Palästina“ als „Schlüsselmoment“ ihres Lebens bezeichnet, ins Stocken geraten sein könnte, weil sie die gesamte Netanjahu-Regierung fälschlicherweise als „rechtsradikal“ bezeichnet hatte.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
oh no, you're not allowed to call rightwing governments rightwing lmao

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Germany has this really awkward kneejerk pro-Israel lean because of history. Idk how you all experience it but as a non-German it's really odd to see.

nawilo_420
Nov 24, 2021
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
in good german tradition you have to let the fascist ruler cancel democracy without calling them rechts

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

spankmeister posted:

Germany has this really awkward kneejerk pro-Israel lean because of history. Idk how you all experience it but as a non-German it's really odd to see.

Germans have proved to be utterly incapable of being critical of Israel without it being either a fig leaf for Nazi antisemitism or accompanied by left-wing antisemitism. For the latter Entebbe looms large. German pro-Palestinian terrorists hijacked an airplane, released all non-Jewish passengers and kept all the Jewish ones, no matter if they were Israeli or not, including a Holocaust survivor. Supposedly that person even showed his KZ number tattoo to his German captor who just said lol I’m not a Nazi.

poo poo like this has led to a total taboo on the issue, supported by politicians, the media and the education system. It’s not just the Holocaust itself, it’s how Post-war Germans have dealt with Jews and Israel when they had the chance.

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

chadbear posted:

Entebbe looms large.

Had to google this, does it actually loom large for anyone born in the last 30-40 years? Seems like even RAF, 68er and all that are dropping off the public radar more and more. Not sure how much that informs general behaviour on the topic except as a tradition being kept.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I was born in 1980 and have never heard of it anywhere.

chadbear
Jan 15, 2020

Looms large was a wrong choice of words. Rather casts a long shadow. Imo it was one of the moments that shaped the German institutions‘ approach to Israel. If you don’t know it, you have experienced it second hand through German institutions (politics, media, education).

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

Never heard of it either, but there’s a Netflix movie about it. Is it any good?

Antigravitas
Dec 8, 2019

Die Rettung fuer die Landwirte:
https://media.ccc.de/v/37c3-12019-fortbildung_cyber-astrologie_ki-karma

Incredible talk.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Maaßen starting a Partei lol lmao

https://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/hans-georg-maassen-werteunion-strebt-eine-parteigruendung-an-19425555.html

beer_war
Mar 10, 2005

Bündnis Hans-Georg Maaßen

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Thx for sharing, Katharina Nocun is simply brilliant.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

But we already have an NPD? :confused:

fake edit: Looking it up, it turns out we actually don't. They renamed themselves to "Die Heimat" last year :laffo:

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Die Heimat, die

:hmmyes:

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

Sereri posted:

Die Heimat, die

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Sereri posted:

Die Heimat, die

New thread title, lmao

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Sereri posted:

Die Heimat, die

:shuckyes:

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Sereri posted:

Die Heimat, die

incredible

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL
Hmmmmm mal schauen warum sich die Blackadebauern so aufregen:

https://www.agrarheute.com/management/finanzen/faktencheck-agrardiesel-so-viele-tausend-euro-verliert-landwirt-614626

Ja hmmmmm das tut sicher weh, gerade in so schwierigen Zeiten...

https://www.agrarheute.com/management/betriebsfuehrung/rekordgewinne-fuer-landwirte-extrem-schwierigen-zeiten-612819

Hmmm.

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!
The contrast in comments on bauernproteste vs klimakleber is stark as gently caress

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Als ansonsten von Bahnstreiks Betroffener kann ich nur sagen: lol, lmao

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Sereri posted:

Die Heimat, die

Leerzitat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xf86enodev
Mar 27, 2010

dis catte!

niethan posted:

The contrast in comments on bauernproteste vs klimakleber is stark as gently caress

Imo everyone should get a Traktor from the Staat. It's the truest form of protest.