Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gully Foyle
Feb 29, 2008

Ok, so I know the Ravens technically have nothing to play for next week... but could you please beat the Steelers? Like, maybe Lamar needs some breathing room on an MVP trophy? Thanks ahead from a Bills fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Gully Foyle posted:

Ok, so I know the Ravens technically have nothing to play for next week... but could you please beat the Steelers? Like, maybe Lamar needs some breathing room on an MVP trophy? Thanks ahead from a Bills fan.

It was the exact situation in 2019 and our backups beat the steelers with something to play for

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I wouldn't be surprised if we played our starters for like a quarter just to keep from potentially getting rusty. But I'd rather we not even do that.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if we played our starters for like a quarter just to keep from potentially getting rusty. But I'd rather we not even do that.

Lamar shouldn't see a single snap against Watt imo

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
I want Pitt to make the playoffs because they're dog poo poo

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
typical cowardly lamar going to duck the steelers yet again

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Despera posted:

It was the exact situation in 2019 and our backups beat the steelers with something to play for

I think the steelers were on their backup qb but i cant remember if that backup qb was... mason rudolph lol

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

I think tyler huntley could legit beat the rudolph steelers

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Borsche69 posted:

week 18 is tyler auditioning for the steelers qb job

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Roasted Donut posted:

typical cowardly lamar going to duck the steelers yet again

yep 1/4 against the steelers lol

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Borsche69 posted:

He would have beat the much better Bengos last year if he could have hung on to the ball

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Congrats to my Ravens brothers

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Borsche69 posted:

I think the steelers were on their backup qb but i cant remember if that backup qb was... mason rudolph lol

i finally looked it up and it was devlin hodges. football.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

happy new years to the best thread and division in foot ball

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Borsche69 posted:

i finally looked it up and it was devlin hodges. football.

Duck. He went by Duck.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

And now Lamar is Ducking

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
lamar coward

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Duck. He went by Duck.

football

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
https://twitter.com/ThePoniExpress/status/1025127800062267393?t=TeFcXkhPQKAD0u9LdHD1qA&s=19

We will finally learn the truth.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Ravens ain't poo poo

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

D-LINK posted:

Ravens ain't poo poo

I think you’ll find they’re the AFC North Champs, actually

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Freaquency posted:

I think you’ll find they’re the AFC Champs, actually

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/FilmstudyRavens/status/1741892380687561072

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I dunno we about to get swept by a team that lost the patriots and cardinals at home

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

losing to a dogshit steelers team makes it more.likely they win the Superbowl imo

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

i am mad at the ravens for kicking too much rear end cuz now if they dont win everything its a huge fail

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

It's true. Anything short of a ring now is baby school bullshit

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

sweet thursday posted:

It's true. Anything short of a ring now is baby school bullshit

I don't agree. I think these games are valuable in themselves. But I am upset that the 49ers have played against us already. That is a big disadvantage for us in that game if it happens.

My hope is the Rams manage to face the 49ers and upset them, then Dallas beats them. Then we face Dallas. A fresh SB matchup and a team that hasn't seen us yet.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you do agree. your entire dna has been that sentiment for 10+ years and you want harbaugh to be tortured to death for not doing it

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Cavauro posted:

you do agree. your entire dna has been that sentiment for 10+ years and you want harbaugh to be tortured to death for not doing it

*for not doing it more than once

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Kawalimus posted:

My hope is the Rams manage to face the 49ers and upset them, then Dallas beats them. Then we face Dallas. A fresh SB matchup and a team that hasn't seen us yet.

I feel the same way. Thankfully my health insurance covers CT Scans.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

I want Harbaugh tortured to death because he doesn't do anything. But I'll allow him to live for now. Clearly there is something to this formula no matter how nonsensical it seems to me.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I feel the same way. Thankfully my health insurance covers CT Scans.

Well then here's what we should do if that happens. If we end up facing Dallas we say no we won't play in Vegas. We want to play in Dallas where you are 10-0 this year. And if not we are forfeiting the game. You can win the SB that way if you want or you can face us like men and put your undefeated home record on the line.

I know that can't really happen. But I feel like it's what these Ravens would want.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

Well then here's what we should do if that happens. If we end up facing Dallas we say no we won't play in Vegas. We want to play in Dallas where you are 10-0 this year. And if not we are forfeiting the game. You can win the SB that way if you want or you can face us like men and put your undefeated home record on the line.

I know that can't really happen. But I feel like it's what these Ravens would want.

What?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Ravens would challenge Dallas to play the Superbowl in Dallas instead of on a neutral field at Vegas. Because we'd want to be the only team to beat them there this year and do it in the SB. Like I said I know it's impossible but I bet the Ravens would want that.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

leron mcclain personally demolished cowboys stadium in 2008

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

And are The Ravens in this thread with us, right now?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's true that these ravens want to forfeit the super bowl. hny

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Cavauro posted:

it's true that these ravens want to forfeit the super bowl. hny

That part was silly and just for dramatic effect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kawalimus posted:

The Ravens would challenge Dallas to play the Superbowl in Dallas instead of on a neutral field at Vegas. Because we'd want to be the only team to beat them there this year and do it in the SB. Like I said I know it's impossible but I bet the Ravens would want that.

Just poetry.