Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Moxley and Bryan are AEW's swiss army knives, so they're just whatever the story needs them to be at the moment. Bryan does a better job navigating this because he's very adept at riding the line of a heel personality without actually doing any heelish acts, so if he needs to flip the switch and be a babyface, it doesn't strain credibility, but it's low-key very very stupid that BCC went from stabbing people in the face with crowbars because they was very insecure about losing to MJF and Hangman to just....being good guys again. And there was never any moment where they went "y'know what, it was wrong to try and jam crowbars and screwdrivers into people's eyes". "Their alignment is violence" is all well and good, but we're talking about willfully and purposefully trying to end someone's career by jamming metal into their face.

And Yuta's all over the place. He's flipped back and forth like twice since last Summer.

It only works because Moxley and Bryan are really, really cool and even then, it kinda doesn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

A promo about how you're sorry for trying to stab someone in the eye with a screwdriver should end your career in how deflating and lame it would be.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
The only promo apologizing for trying to stab someone in the eye with a screwdriver is because you either didn't succeed or you should have taken out both eyes.

Sex Farm
Nov 17, 2017

Everyone in AEW should constantly be explaining all their actions at all times so I can understand it more better

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Sex Farm posted:

Everyone in AEW should constantly be explaining all their actions at all times so I can understand it more better

That's what the tweets are for

Paxman
Feb 7, 2010

From what I remember Wardlow betrayed MJF - who deserved it for being a dick - and then after some shenanigans he got a match against MJF and beat the crap out of him, and and that was 18 months ago.

So how come Wardlow is now all obsessed with MJF again?

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Paxman posted:

From what I remember Wardlow betrayed MJF - who deserved it for being a dick - and then after some shenanigans he got a match against MJF and beat the crap out of him, and and that was 18 months ago.

Because he's upset that everyone loves MJF now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Jon Moxley all Summer: Boo hiss amateurs, I hate amateurs, everybody that isn't in my faction is an amateur.
Jon Moxley two weeks before All In: The Best Friends don't belong in the ring with us.
Jon Moxley two days before All Out: How dare you call Orange Cassidy a cosplay wrestler.

Paxman posted:

Because despite Wardlow beating MJF, MJF got all the success and went on to be a world champion who was beloved by the fans while Wardlow had a couple unremarkable TNT championship runs and then fell into obscurity and off of TV. Basically, Wardlow won the battle, but MJF won the war and now Wardlow wants to kill him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I will jump in and say they did have that moment of 'hey we were wrong' at the end of the Elite feud, it just ended up not being done on TV.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

I will jump in and say they did have that moment of 'hey we were wrong' at the end of the Elite feud, it just ended up not being done on TV.

Yeah Moxley surrendered to save Yuta, they had their handshake, implicitly acknowledging that they were wrong and the Elite were the better men. I would've been one million percent satisfied with that, if they hadn't just turned around and done the same poo poo to Best Friends and Lucha Bros starting the next episode.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The company just doesn't really do that sort of morality play or contrition with face turns. Remember when MJF did a racism at Takeshita and tapped him out, they moved on and a few months later he was the babyface and Takeshita was the heel?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They have in the past. When Jericho and the Inner Circle got betrayed by MJF, Jericho was like "look, we all did some lovely stuff and we've been reaching out to people we wronged and trying to make amends." This came around when noted good person and babyface to all Mike Tyson helped the Inner Circle.

And MJF did, in fact, have a moment where he turned face, it was when he decided not to betray Adam Cole and then the next episode he started the "I'm a scumbag, but I'm your scumbag." thing. That he started cozying up to the fans but never attempted to make amends with any of his actual co-workers was actually acknowledged in the universe. When he went looking for people to help him fight Bullet Club Gold, he couldn't find anybody, and when he tried to ask Omega, Jericho intercepted him and didn't let him speak to Omega. This led directly to him being so isolated that he had to ask Joe for help, which cost him his title.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Hell, you could even argue that Cole attacking Jay White as the Devil was meant to poison the well so that Max couldn't cozy up to the one group he hadn't really hosed over and were scumbags themselves.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Gaz-L posted:

Hell, you could even argue that Cole attacking Jay White as the Devil was meant to poison the well so that Max couldn't cozy up to the one group he hadn't really hosed over and were scumbags themselves.

That was probably more motivated by Jay White being the one who put Cole on the shelf in kayfabe and that was Cole getting his revenge.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://x.com/PWTees/status/1741898988150718865?s=20

no jack perry? well, surely he had to be #26

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mone is 14 not being on TV at all in 2023 and being injured for over half of it. WWE doesn't think she's worth more than loving Charlotte. :laffo:

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

"William Ospreay" sounds wrong.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://x.com/PWTees/status/1741898988150718865?s=20

no jack perry? well, surely he had to be #26

He's still waiting for those rivers to be cried for him

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Pylons posted:

Will.I.Am Ospreay

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

tough times when even being in the cabal can’t get your “christian is a pussy” shirt listed on shopaew

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MJeff posted:

Mone is 14 not being on TV at all in 2023 and being injured for over half of it. WWE doesn't think she's worth more than loving Charlotte. :laffo:

Birds fly, fish swim, wwe devalues its actual stars

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Pylons posted:

Bill Ospreay

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

edogawa rando posted:

Bill Ospreay

Who's next, bruv?

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

Bill Ospreay

regular sized bill

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Paxman posted:

Because the best revenge is living well. Quite literally in this case.
Wardlow HATES that MJF is living well as revenge for getting his rear end beat.

I appreciate Wardlow being the one person in pro wrestling who doesn't have goldfish brain and doesn't stop hating somebody just because their program is over.
(Actually that happens quite a bit in AEW but Wardlow is more intense about it than most)

ChrisBTY fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Jan 2, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, who's looking forward to Cody's return to AEW?

neoaxd
Nov 13, 2004

MJeff posted:

hell yeah

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

love cody rhodes always

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

wait wrong thread he stinks

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MJeff posted:

I'm still not letting him challenge for the world title. He can job to Eddie Kingston.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

I'm still not letting him challenge for the world title. He can job to Eddie Kingston.

That was under the "Cody with Brandi Rhodes" contract. This is "Cody Rhodes". Different guy.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

cody can save this company

only member of the elite that had it in him to do evp stuff

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

JUNGLE BOY posted:

cody can save this company

only member of the elite that had it in him to do evp stuff

Kenny tried and we love him for it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think having a brand new, non-extension contract would count as being a different person. it does in the nfl. don't look that up. but cody can't come back for quite a long time if he wanted to. don't loving know.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

Pylons posted:

what if he embraces the ftw lifestyle and jobs to the handsome devil HOOK

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

MJeff posted:

HHH is a Flair mark :shrug:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Codyverse and whatever echoes of it happen in the fed are the last bastion of must-see wrestling TV, love my rollercodester.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

MJeff posted:

Kenny tried and we love him for it.

And the cabal rewarded him with a diverticulitis ray

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Tonfa posted:

The Codyverse and whatever echoes of it happen in the fed are the last bastion of must-see wrestling TV, love my rollercodester.

Cody gonna come back and show E&C how to go through a flaming table the right way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I hope Cody dies on the way back to his home planet (AEW)