Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Are you sure dots count as debuffs for the purposes of ratios followup?

If it's listed on the enemy's sheet as a debuff, it counts as a debuff. DoTs count, Sampo's/Luka's/Welt's ults count, Firekiss counts, Topaz's mark counts, Hanya'smark counts. Clara's does not.

You could run Ratio, Hanya, and Kafka on the same team and it would work.

Edit: I think Hanya's mark counts. Can't check right now. The rest I know all get listed as a debuff.

Bad Video Games fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 2, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imweasel09
May 26, 2014

Hanya burden does not count.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

imweasel09 posted:

Hanya burden does not count.

You're right, I just checked. The rest should be accurate, though.

And if Welt breaks weakness when he ults, it's 2 separate instances of Imprisonment. He can drop almost as many debuffs as Silver Wolf under the right conditions.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

getting ruan mei part 1 and 2 back to back with her in your party is a truly insane amount of stuff happening on your screen

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

GateOfD posted:

banning path blessings in the greatest thing in gold.
no dot blessings for my team when they have none

If you run out of blessings, then it starts giving you the banned ones back.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I like Gold&Gears more than Swarm Disaster, but I would like both more if I could get relics.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Are you sure dots count as debuffs for the purposes of ratios followup?

They list under the debuff section when you view enemy stats, so yes?

Also when I did the trial fights with Ratio in the new MSQ section he had 100% follow-up odds when paired with my Sampo.

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Radical posted:

getting ruan mei part 1 and 2 back to back with her in your party is a truly insane amount of stuff happening on your screen

Is there some special interaction if she is in your party?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wish they let you get ornaments from other forms of SU. The base version just isn't interesting, since I can beat it even if I get the shittiest possible luck with blessings/curios.

It's nice that other forms give you points, but in practice I'm still doing the normal version the same amount since I always need ornaments.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Bad Video Games posted:

I like Gold&Gears more than Swarm Disaster, but I would like both more if I could get relics.

Yeah, I'd play them a lot more over normal SU if I could spend stamina to get relics from them. There'd still be room for normal SU runs since they're faster, but Swarm Disaster and Gold and Gears are both great and I'm sad that there's very little reason to keep doing them once you complete the rewards.

GoodluckJonathan posted:

IIRC, you get both the money and the full set of blessings.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
I always desperately need more orbs/ropes with better stat rolls so I'm condemned to doing normal SU forever and that usually means I don't feel like playing much Swarm. I haven't even messed with the new one yet for this reason.

There's really no reason why I shouldn't be able to get orbs/ropes in the variant SUs, or for them to just give up and put orbs/ropes in caverns of corrosion.

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

Gold n Gears is whole lot easier than Swarm, all thanks to the customization dice. One run I even ended up with over 400 effect hit rate for Remembrance lmao. You get several more rewards from hitting the bonus too which is nice.

What I don't like is the lore. It just doesn't hit the same, and I don't know who all those people are supposed to be or their role

GoodluckJonathan posted:

Instead of having to make a choice between the two normal rewards you get the third option to get both rewards

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Kanos posted:

I always desperately need more orbs/ropes with better stat rolls so I'm condemned to doing normal SU forever and that usually means I don't feel like playing much Swarm. I haven't even messed with the new one yet for this reason.

There's really no reason why I shouldn't be able to get orbs/ropes in the variant SUs, or for them to just give up and put orbs/ropes in caverns of corrosion.

Yeah, this is where I'm at. I've done swarm runs a total of like 3 times and one of gears, we'll see if I bother to do more.

Always need more relics

E: tbh I also just dislike the dice and boardgame mechanic. I basically don't engage at all with swapping and picking spaces

Garrand fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jan 2, 2024

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

I like the SU boards but I also like that eventually I'll clear them completely. I'd hate to have to go through full runs of them just to grind relics. As for the lore, it's kinda more confusing than Swarm Disaster, yeah. What I'm putting together is that IPC fuckery between internal factions set the stage for Rubert's rise, and Polka Kakamond killed him off at the end, with Nous either predicting everything or fixing it as fate through their calculations, which is why Mythus started mucking around with things because nothing should be that certain.

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Traveller posted:

I like the SU boards but I also like that eventually I'll clear them completely. I'd hate to have to go through full runs of them just to grind relics.

No one's suggesting the removal of normal SU, just the option to spend stamina for relics in SD/G&G.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Zurai posted:

No one's suggesting the removal of normal SU, just the option to spend stamina for relics in SD/G&G.

Yeah, it's difficult to find time for Swarm&Gears if I'm spending 20 minutes in regular SU. Just give us a relic selector after the boss that lets us choose what World to do a pull from. Maybe even let us do 2 or 3 pulls just for the hell of it.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 4 days!)

Bad Video Games posted:

having more trouble following the story of Gold&Gears than Swarm though. the customization of the dice is great.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

kind of disappointed that Ruan Mei's break extension just keeps them stunned for a bit more when they attempt to recover, but doesn't keep the frozen the entanglement debuff if they were under it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's probably better that way since it deals an extra tick of dot damage.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
Thanks for the team help everyone, got a plan going forward.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

GateOfD posted:

kind of disappointed that Ruan Mei's break extension just keeps them stunned for a bit more when they attempt to recover

I was a bit disappointed by the extent of the delay as well. Mine has a pretty monstrous amount of Break Effect (like 220% or something*, I got pretty lucky with rolls), but apparently 50+% delay only translated to them being pushed down like one or two slots in the turn order?

Not a huge deal since she already offers so much utility, but I expected the delay to be more noticeable.

* I actually plan on swapping out her rope for an ER% rope once I get a decent one, since I think it's only important to reach the threshold to get the full 36% damage bonus from her trace?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
You can skip a healer if you run Welt + Ruan Mei and freeze break + Imprison + RM break extend. It would break the game if her extend just gave you another full turn before the enemy could move again.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

How fawkin close am i to pity? Teuffer!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

GateOfD posted:

having more trouble following the story of Gold&Gears than Swarm though. the customization of the dice is great.

I go so long between runs that I've already forgotten all the lore from Swarm. I don't even pay attention to the lore in Gears. I'm just trying to get some jade to try for Ratio's lightcone. Maybe I'll win this 50/50.

New Leaf posted:

Thanks for the team help everyone, got a plan going forward.

Great! What's the plan?

Eej posted:

You can skip a healer if you run Welt + Ruan Mei and freeze break + Imprison + RM break extend. It would break the game if her extend just gave you another full turn before the enemy could move again.

I sometimes lose a cycle because of Quantum break. If Ruan Mei could double that, it'd be nuts.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

did a gold&gear run where Gepard was giving each team member a shield of 17k hp strong, lol

GateOfD fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jan 3, 2024

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Just did a G&G level 4 run where I beat all of the bosses without any of them ever getting a chance to act outside of the first action of each phase transition. Combining Ruan Mei, Topaz, and the Elation blessing that delays enemy actions 12% every time they're hit by a followup is hilarious.

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.

Zurai posted:

Just did a G&G level 4 run where I beat all of the bosses without any of them ever getting a chance to act outside of the first action of each phase transition. Combining Ruan Mei, Topaz, and the Elation blessing that delays enemy actions 12% every time they're hit by a followup is hilarious.

I did that with Ruan Mei and Argenti and stacking remembrance and erudition blessings.

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I haven't managed a win on conundrum level 10 yet in G&G. I've got Fu Xuan and Luocha but they don't seem viable as solo sustains anymore since they get one shot pretty easily.

Fu Xuan + March 7th was working pretty well, except I hit the enrage timer on the second boss, even with a remembrance cheese build mostly online - apparently conundrum nerfs dissociation damage because it was only doing 10% or so.

According to Reddit, Gepard is the way to go, but he's one of only two standard characters I don't have :negative: I'm only about 20 pulls away from my 300 so I might wait til then to go for the rest of the achievements.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Edly posted:

I haven't managed a win on conundrum level 10 yet in G&G. I've got Fu Xuan and Luocha but they don't seem viable as solo sustains anymore since they get one shot pretty easily.

Fu Xuan + March 7th was working pretty well, except I hit the enrage timer on the second boss, even with a remembrance cheese build mostly online - apparently conundrum nerfs dissociation damage because it was only doing 10% or so.

I had this one failed Swarm Disaster run a while back where I was Preservation (with Gepard) and got all the best defensive blessings but none of the good offensive ones. I fought the final boss for like an hour straight, with them getting some absurd number of stacks of their enrage buff. I kept going largely out of curiosity (since it pretty quickly became clear that winning was impossible), just to see how long I could last despite the increasing enrage buffs. In the end the bugs finally managed to overcome my powerful defenses. I forget how many stacks of the buff they ended up with. I feel like it was something ridiculous like 60 stacks.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

gently caress you game. Every roll went into HP or Attack. It's disgusting. Especially since my Kafka has an Attack rope with 22% crit. I don't have the right relics for Critka yet!

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
yeah i did a gepard preservation gold guns girls SU run last night and the boss fight took like 15 minutes before they finally took the boy down

Edly
Jun 1, 2007
I got my conundrum 10 clear, DHIL taking infinite turns with Metamorphosis is apparently a lot more damage than my Argenti. Still went with Fu Xuan + March 7th as sustains. On to conundrum 12!

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I just hit 300 warps!

I already have a bailu I don’t use(E2 Luocha and FX). I’ve got a Bronya I use often and a Clara who used to see more use… oh, and Arlan.

Is it worth getting Bronya or Clara to E1, or do I need to start building a Himeko or Welt? Is this question even answerable without posting my whole roster??

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Bronya E1 is so ridiculous it's always a safe use of your 300 if you don't really care about the other people.

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Well I didn't get Blade until like 75 pulls in but at least I was guaranteed to get him since I got Himiko on Silver Wolf's banner. And uh, now that I have him more or less up to speed with the rest of my roster (~60) I uh...see! He and Lynx are going to be *very* good friends, huh?

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Bronya E1 is so ridiculous it's always a safe use of your 300 if you don't really care about the other people.

The only regular 5-stars I don’t have are Welt and The Terrible Child, so slamming E1 Bronya into my pick was a no-brainer.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Nice, finally got some decent speed boots for DHIL. Not perfect, but got two CDMG rolls, one Break, and one flat Attack. This also finally gets him before Bronya in turn order.

I also lucked out with a CDMG chest I got using a resin (after using 2 resins in the past on this same thing but getting garbage substats). Ended up with 8.7% Crit on it (plus other so-so stats - 3.7% attack, 11.6 Break, and a worthless 8.6 EHC).

Currently he has 2787 attack, 74% Crit, and 151% CDMG.

The biggest weakness is that he's using an ATK orb. I have no even remotely decent Imaginary damage orbs and the attack one has pretty good rolls. I'm a little confused about his attack being so low despite having an attack orb, though.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Oh hey I actually got Xueyi. How... novel to actually pull a new 4*.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ytlaya posted:

Nice, finally got some decent speed boots for DHIL. Not perfect, but got two CDMG rolls, one Break, and one flat Attack. This also finally gets him before Bronya in turn order.

I also lucked out with a CDMG chest I got using a resin (after using 2 resins in the past on this same thing but getting garbage substats). Ended up with 8.7% Crit on it (plus other so-so stats - 3.7% attack, 11.6 Break, and a worthless 8.6 EHC).

Currently he has 2787 attack, 74% Crit, and 151% CDMG.

The biggest weakness is that he's using an ATK orb. I have no even remotely decent Imaginary damage orbs and the attack one has pretty good rolls. I'm a little confused about his attack being so low despite having an attack orb, though.

Level 80 DHIL has 698 base attack at level 80 which is only behind I think Himeko and Argenti. If you're running ATK orb and rope then you either have no atk % substats anywhere else or you're using a 4* lightcone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

With Bronya, Welt, Bailu, Gepard, I need to decide if I want Clara for my first followup character ever, or just Bronya e1 because I might as well make Seele even happier.