Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Karama and a super charmin soft schedule.

They did beat the bears, it’s true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Le Batard today being Joe Flacco elite chat and the Ravens kicking the poo poo out of the Dolphins. I'm in heaven.

I'm with Stu I don't believe Flacco ever played for the Eagles.

sharknado slashfic fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Jan 2, 2024

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

I would trade another decade of spectacular failure for the Giants if the Saints could get a SB win after Jameis has to come in for a Wildcard-round-injured Carr.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

The Dave posted:

I would trade another decade of spectacular failure for the Giants if the Saints could get a SB win after Jameis has to come in for a Wildcard-round-injured Carr.

hell yeah i'll make that trade too

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I am intercepting the trade before it can be taken to the table, scratching out the names and replacing them with Lions, Hooker and Goff.

*when the Lions get a decade of spectacular failure in exchange for the Giants winning a Super Bowl with Hendon Hooker* noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

The337th posted:

Carr's also been quietly good for the last month or so

Wrongest post I've seen in this new year.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era
Heck, I'm willing to trade TWO decades of Giants failures in exchange for a Flacco SB this year. Hell, I'll toss in two decades of Chargers failures too. Why not.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I had a dream the Lions had picked up Flacco and Goff got injured against Baltimore, and we won the Super Bowl with Flacco in the pocket and Goff was like super bitter about it

Anyways football dreams are really weird

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

sharknado slashfic posted:

I'm with Stu I don't believe Flacco ever played for the Eagles.
I think Flacco was rostered as a backup then they traded him to the Jets for like... a 5th before the season even started.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1742230932546036054#m

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

flacco got traded to the jets twice which causes a lot of glitches

one of the glitches is thinking he got traded to the jets twice. didn't happen

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

I had a dream the Lions had picked up Flacco and Goff got injured against Baltimore, and we won the Super Bowl with Flacco in the pocket and Goff was like super bitter about it

Anyways football dreams are really weird

I had a dream we beat the Cowboys in the divisional round 41-3, it was great

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/1742245862598684884

Shouldn't this dude have been exiled to Pats/Jets or something?

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

MJeff posted:

https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/1742245862598684884

Shouldn't this dude have been exiled to Pats/Jets or something?

He should be exiled to Patmos tbh

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I love how the NFL tries to protect refs from accountability. When you gently caress up that bad get in front of the press and answer tough questions like a grown up.

You aren't a child playing t-ball you're a big boy who can tell people that you hosed up and ruined a whole city's hopes and dreams because you forgot the rules

MrLogan
Feb 4, 2004

kiimo posted:

I love how the NFL tries to protect refs from accountability. When you gently caress up that bad get in front of the press and answer tough questions like a grown up.

You aren't a child playing t-ball you're a big boy who can tell people that you hosed up and ruined a whole city's hopes and dreams because you forgot the rules were following orders

Fixed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

kiimo posted:

You aren't a child playing t-ball you're a big boy who can tell people that you hosed up and ruined a whole city's hopes and dreams because you forgot the rules

The NFL requires coaches and players be available to be grilled by reporters every week. Yet every NFL employee is hidden away in a bunker whenever there is a gently caress up. See: Roger Goodell appearing on milk cartons after the Ray Rice incident.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Dan Campbell should've just come out and said the ref must've had money on the Cowboys moneyline.

syzpid
Aug 9, 2014

Kalli posted:

Dan Campbell should've just come out and said the ref must've had money on the Cowboys moneyline.

While there's a "sponsored by Draft Kings" backdrop behind him.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

option 3:

trade the #1, trade Fields, draft Penix

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

The NFL requires coaches and players be available to be grilled by reporters every week. Yet every NFL employee is hidden away in a bunker whenever there is a gently caress up. See: Roger Goodell appearing on milk cartons after the Ray Rice incident.

Yeah, because as soon as the referees are allowed to talk everyone will figure out really quick that the problem is that the NFL doesn't spend enough time or money to train them properly.

Anderson Koopa
Jun 9, 2006

You know what would make Patriots - Jets more fun next Sunday? They are watching a possible winter storm. I want to see both offenses play in the snow.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Wonder which team claims him.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
BB will not let his last game ever as Pats HC be a loss to the NYJ.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Dalvin Cook is fresh and ready to take a team to a Super Bowl, desperate scrambling agent says

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
I wouldn't mind him in a rotation with Ford. Keep Kareem around for short yardage.

How is Cook at pass pro?

Edit: If Stefanski has good memories of Cook I can see him making a play for him.

The337th
Mar 30, 2011

really queer Christmas posted:

Wrongest post I've seen in this new year.

11:3 TD to INT and a 110 rating for December, call it whatever you want

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AndrewP posted:

option 3:

Wow look at this ignorant poster forgetting the Bears have a second Franchise QB in Tyson Bagent :smuggo:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AndrewP posted:

option 3:

Can they somehow bullshit their way into getting 2 and 3 and draft Penix and MHJ back to back?

Fight Club Sandwich
Apr 29, 2006

you want a piece of me???
i hate refs. i watch football to see freaky giants perform phenomenal feats of superhuman athleticism, not talk about whether some weiner lawyer who got a nepotism job hosed up a DPI call. I want to talk about Kelce throwing a dope cross-field lateral for a gamewinning TD not whether Kadarius Toney lined up offsides. 70% of games are decided by one score, virtually all of them with some dumbass flag/no flag on a pivotal play. gently caress refs

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Fight Club Sandwich posted:

i hate refs. i watch football to see freaky giants perform phenomenal feats of superhuman athleticism, not talk about whether some weiner lawyer who got a nepotism job hosed up a DPI call. I want to talk about Kelce throwing a dope cross-field lateral for a gamewinning TD not whether Kadarius Toney lined up offsides. 70% of games are decided by one score, virtually all of them with some dumbass flag/no flag on a pivotal play. gently caress refs

this is the most correct post of 2024 so far and frankly i don't know if it's going to be beaten

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Toaster Beef posted:

this is the most correct post of 2024 so far and frankly i don't know if it's going to be beaten

This is very true, but also for your consideration:

gently caress the Cowboys.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

(The Deflategate truthers are furiously typing...)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fun with some defensive stats:

Playing against Football team basically makes every QB into Dak Prescott:

Dak: 68%, 4237 yards, 32 TD's - 8 ints, 7.6 Y/A
Football Team: 65%, 4148 yards, 35 TD's - 7 ints, 7.7 Y/A

Which is mostly funny because the Eagles are barely any better:

Eagles: 65%, 3990 yards, 34 TD's - 8 ints, 6.9 YPA

Meanwhile Old and New Browns are pretty close at the top:

60% 3129 yards, 17 TD's - 18 Ints, 5.8 YPA
56% 2655 yards, 20 TD's - 17 Ints, 5.9 YPA

The Panthers have 24 sacks on the season, the Ravens have 57
The Cardinals have 59 QB hits on the season, the Dolphins have 131
The Saints have 66 TFL's, the Browns have 102

The Broncos have allowed 2200 rushing yards on 5 yards per carry
The Patriots have allowed 1400 rushing yards on 3.2 YPC

The Ravens have forced 29 turnovers on the year, the Panthers... 11.

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

This is mostly correct but the chiefs meltdown was one of the highlights of the season

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

fartknocker posted:

This is very true, but also for your consideration:

gently caress the Cowboys.

So brave, yet so correct

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

davecrazy posted:

BB will not let his last game ever as Pats HC be a loss to the NYJ.

Mac Jones and Bailey Zappe accept this challenge

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Pontius Pilate posted:

This is mostly correct but the chiefs meltdown was one of the highlights of the season

This is very true, and that meltdown is probably the only reason why Dan Campbell didn't have one himself during the post-game conference Saturday night

Rogue Elephant
May 1, 2007

ACAB includes refs

But yes, the Mahomes meltdown was very funny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
An unprecedented tempter tantrum.

https://twitter.com/FOS/status/1742312843993628673?s=20

Edit: Oof