Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Elchimpster posted:

This thread delivers.
And speaking of boosters,
Is there a need for standard exile boosters in delve?
Ive been cranking them out in solitude and theyre just stacking up in my hangar.

Ship some in and see, usually there is a demand for most things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

Sickening posted:

Does selling on contracts go around the goonfucker acl or no?

Not really. CCP doesn't really assign equivalent fee structures to contracts that they do for the market, so there's not really any penalty for the goonfucker acl to hook into.

I'll throw someone on it if there is doctrine contract fuckery going on, but that's actually pretty rare.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

andromache posted:

Not really. CCP doesn't really assign equivalent fee structures to contracts that they do for the market, so there's not really any penalty for the goonfucker acl to hook into.

I'll throw someone on it if there is doctrine contract fuckery going on, but that's actually pretty rare.

I mean, the timing of someone switching to just doing contracts AND not knowing they are on the goonfucker acl seems….. suspect. It’s like they are just big fat liars!

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Sickening posted:

It’s like they are just big fat liars!

Now who would do that in my wholesome space libertarian simulator. This violates the NAP!

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Looking for AG6 team. I’m the best F1 muppet around.

imperiusdamian
Dec 8, 2021
If you're mad about the taxes in nullsec try the sales tax in Great Britain. lol.

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

What a better way to kickstart the new year than getting scammed by :ccp: with their MCT megaoffer!! Glad I bought only 6 on an account where I need to use em because, although the plan was to send 4 of them to other accounts...

... turns out they're non transferable :sassargh:

true edit: totally my fault by the way, I should have read the rules in Bio better.

froody guy fucked around with this message at 10:09 on Jan 1, 2024

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

froody guy posted:

What a better way to kickstart the new year than getting scammed by :ccp: with their MCT megaoffer!! Glad I bought only 6 on an account where I need to use em because, although the plan was to send 4 of them to other accounts...

true edit: totally my fault by the way, I should have read the rules in Bio better.

Hauling alts are very useful no matter what type of space you’re in, also scanners, also cynos. I got the platinum pack 40% off and so that’s what im doing with my 2 months of mct.

Or you could just skill farm, the only way you can actually turn those into isk.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

is there still anything useful to be done with free accounts or nah

my old toon had a racist name and im letting it stay dead

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

froody guy posted:

I very politely asked CCP support to transfer a few MCT tokens to another account once and they did.

I was also transferring a character between the two accounts, which might have gotten me over the line.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021

salartarium posted:

Looking for AG6 team. I’m the best F1 muppet around.

Looks like the Horde tourney team lurks here

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Cactus Ghost posted:

Any early game stuff in high or low you can do pretty well, but you will start to struggle if you go deeper into the game or in nullsec or wormhole space.

Probably your best option is faction warfare which is booming right now, you can get into it pretty well on your first day with the 1,000,000 sp from someone’s recruitment link.

Coasterphreak
May 29, 2007
I like cookies.
I am firmly of the opinion that capital ships (freighters excluded) made nullsec really unfun.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

floppyspud posted:

Any early game stuff in high or low you can do pretty well, but you will start to struggle if you go deeper into the game or in nullsec or wormhole space.

Probably your best option is faction warfare which is booming right now, you can get into it pretty well on your first day with the 1,000,000 sp from someone’s recruitment link.

do you mean combat in nullsec or like, space spreadsheets and poo poo

basically what im asking is if disposable rifter tacklers are still useful

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
they should have stopped at dreads & carriers. dreads were very much needed when they were put in to deal with the horrific deathstar pos that would delete a battleship every cycle of its guns.

supercaps and titans never needed to be added. the fact they could not see how many would get built is a really bad excuse.

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Cactus Ghost posted:

do you mean combat in nullsec or like, space spreadsheets and poo poo

basically what im asking is if disposable rifter tacklers are still useful

Both, it’s very hard to play alpha outside of empire space. Tackle and target painter ships are certainly fine to use whilst you’re training ships up, but if they’re the only thing you can use often you will get bored fast. Other than them most doctrines are t2 based, but there are a few doctrines you could fly (even when you can fly them, it takes so long to train into them it’s quite boring.)

My recommendation is to go alpha until you feel you need to get omega, then do it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

ded posted:

they should have stopped at dreads & carriers. dreads were very much needed when they were put in to deal with the horrific deathstar pos that would delete a battleship every cycle of its guns.

supercaps and titans never needed to be added. the fact they could not see how many would get built is a really bad excuse.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023
Happy new year, Eve goon bros. I was evicted from my wormhole yesterday.. kind of. It was like a soft eviction. They came in and stood up two towers and cleared out some dead towers. They never shot my POS, but they wouldn't talk to me, and I figured the hole isn't big enough for all of us, so I evacuated while they were asleep. I'm looking for a new C4 to resume my quiet wormhole life.

Elchimpster
Mar 22, 2012
You would be suprised how many other groups may be willing to co-habitate.
Twice I rented out PI and structure rights to smaller groups. Once I tired of those holes and moved on I simply sold them my structures.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Cactus Ghost posted:

This is one of the rare occasions where CCP will generally process a rename for you. Good on you for growing as a person.

Dirac Fourier
Aug 14, 2023

Elchimpster posted:

You would be suprised how many other groups may be willing to co-habitate.
Twice I rented out PI and structure rights to smaller groups. Once I tired of those holes and moved on I simply sold them my structures.

They may have been open to it, but they had like 20 dudes. My brother and I were living in this C4 together and we were able to pretty casually farm the combat anoms in the C4 and clear the occasional good C3 that popped up. I don't really know how larger groups can share wormholes because it seems like there's not enough content to go around. I guess they spend a lot of time rolling holes, but I would hate to do that often.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

You should join Goosefleet. They do wormholes.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
CCP sent me an email saying that if I gave them £35, I can get the 1.6m skillpoints I haven't trained since I unsubbed and lol, lmfao, no

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

CCP sent me an email saying that if I gave them £35, I can get the 1.6m skillpoints I haven't trained since I unsubbed and lol, lmfao, no

Yeah they do that with every person who has quits, nothing special. They are a pretty good deal though iirc.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
Someone should start a rank boosting service like what they have in Counter Strike.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eqzZCmsxNRUi_NLhSemu5Hr8YgvB4pQ0jVx4UDE5wnU/edit#gid=140902590

At least I’m not copper.

Boatswain
May 29, 2012
I've created some more safespots through the Abyssal filament-method and I've got about a 50% success rate so far (with a low sample size). I imagine if you are are on the ball around DT with 3x alts each time you can create good safes pretty quickly.

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022
i am logging into eve online

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

psilocybin laden posted:

hosed up if true

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

I bought 90 days of omega/mct and not only did they double charge me, they didn't give me my mct.

Owned.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

psilocybin laden posted:

nice meltown

floppyspud
Jul 21, 2022

Sickening posted:

I bought 90 days of omega/mct and not only did they double charge me, they didn't give me my mct.

Owned.

:ccp:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

i think the last email they sent me about that it was "give us $150+ and get all these skillpoints".

lol lmao

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

eve online, tender and mild

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Sickening posted:

Owned.

Recruitment scammed by CCP, lmao.

salartarium
Sep 7, 2021
I keep my ear to the ground for drama and I hear Warp To Me Incursions is taking action against The Ditanian Fleet for hiring gankers to target the other public incursions fleets. It’s interesting how incursions groups are relatively so well organized yet implode regularly.

Links for the interested:
https://t-d-f.one/
https://forums.warptome.net/

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Keisari posted:

Recruitment scammed by CCP, lmao.

LMAO, CCP customer service is the worst I have dealt with in a while. I had to charge back on the credit card today.

Keisari
May 24, 2011

Sickening posted:

LMAO, CCP customer service is the worst I have dealt with in a while. I had to charge back on the credit card today.

Wtf, please tell me more. Did they not respond at all or simply do not understand what had happened?

psilocybin laden
Jul 29, 2022

Sickening posted:

watch out, they'll likely ban your account because companies really hate when people do that (companies are pieces of poo poo)

angry armadillo
Jul 26, 2010
I left faction warfare and ended up in Brave. I've never lived in null before so I think at some point soon I will start to understand half of what you talk about ITT. Hurrah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cast_No_Shadow
Jun 8, 2010

The Republic of Luna Equestria is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its punitive income tax rates. Its compassionate, cynical population of 714m are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich.

Bold of you to assume we understand